Opinions on that Fire Emblem Fates character #1 - #65 (Check first page)

RoyLKing

>Implying that annoying little child Elise is more interesting than a person who uses their mind

Elise is the best royal yo.

Leo: Great character, deserves all the love he gets for this, gameplay wise uuuuuh, in conquest he's not Odin, Ophelia or Elise and there is a max of 2 calamity gates, 2 nos tomes and he doesn't have Elise's ability to build early axe rank for the bolt axe. So he's in a really awkward spot, useful freebie for early exp compression. He's pretty great in rev though.

Hayato: What if Ricken wasn't utter shit? He's the second best mage on BR route by a good margin (sky knight Sakura takes the cake for best, #boltnaginata) but that's not saying much when the 3rd and only option is Orachi.

Edited by joshcja

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elise is the best royal yo.

Leo: gameplay wise uuuuuh, in conquest he's not Odin, Ophelia or Elise and there is a max of 2 calamity gates, 2 nos tomes and he doesn't have Elise's ability to build early axe rank for the bolt axe. So he's in a really awkward spot, useful freebie for early exp compression.

>Implying Odin is salvageable as a Dark Mage, especially in comparison to Leo, Nyx and his own Daughter.

Leo

By far the most interesting Nohr royal, although I guess support Xander comes close if we just ignore the other version of him. I'm actually a big fan of the whole "cold exterior, warm center" thing if it's done correctly, and I believe they manage to pull it off with Leo. His supports hold a pretty consistent high level barring a few, his friendship with Takumi is probably the funniest thing in the game and he shows many different sides of himself, from what makes him confidence and insecure to his competetive and more childish side.

Hayato

I've only used him once and it was as bait to save another character in my Lunatic run, since I normally dislike resetting if I made a tactical mistake. Regardless, from what I've seen of him, he seems very boring and gives me no reason to include him in my party ever again.

Leo

BEST ROYAL, what am I reading in this thread?! He's intelligent, logical, flawed, caring, he has many good supports like all his sibling ones and with his retainers, he's the best Mage in the game I don't count the kids, and oh yeah he actually calls out Azura and Kamui for their bs. I love him and think he would've made a much better main character in Conquest. He's written less like an anime gimmick and more like a classic FE character.

Hayato

Ricken 2.0 but more angry about being a child. I don't enjoy this gimmick but his sass makes me like him more than Ricken. He's all right as a unit.

>Implying Odin is salvageable as a Dark Mage, especially in comparison to Leo, Nyx and his own Daughter.

The mages all have their niches.

Odin: Immortal vantage nos user with high skill/def/hp and late LoD to fill a classic mage role. Only other spirit dust target in CQ is Effie!Dwyer.

Ophelia: Broken, just fucking broken.

Nyx: Literal pairup bot, get to 10, promote to give her adds, abandon.

Elise: Absurdly high mag, Main robe/skill book target, Actually bulky as fuck in both def and res as a magik knight. Bolt axe Ohko's master ninja's on ch17.

Leo: Middle ground freebie mage. Can eventually surpass Odin but it's like ch27 by the time it happens and Ophelia still hard outclasses him.

Edited by joshcja

The mages all have their niches.

Odin: Immortal vantage nos user with high skill/def/hp and late LoD to fill a classic mage role. Only other spirit dust target in CQ is Effie!Dwyer.

Ophelia: Broken, just fucking broken.

Nyx: Literal pairup bot, get to 10, promote to give her adds, abandon.

Elise: Absurdly high mag, Main robe/skill book target, Actually bulky as fuck in both def and res as a magik knight. Bolt axe is death

Leo: Middle ground freebie mage.

Ophelia and Elise are extremely good I agree, and Nyx actually can be good if trained.

Unlike them, Odin requires HEAVY investment to be good. He comes in with low Magic and Speed, basically making him useless besides chip damage or finishing off from low health. Not to mention how his growths are awful for his class.

He CAN be destructive, but he needs a lot of time put into him. Time that could be put into Effie, Mozu, Camilla or literally anyone else and have similar or more destructive results with more payout.

Leo is kinda meh though. His stats overall aren't bad, but nothing stands out and Brynhildr is a meh Tome with a meh effect. He's still better than Odin.

Leo's got some great (albeit inappropriate) crit lines and is a decently useful stand-in if you don't level Odin for some reason, or as a supplement/pair-up bot for him. Third-best mage in CQ no-kids behind Odin and Elise.

Hayato also has great lines (bye) but isn't very good in Birthright. He basically has the earlygame of Ewan and the late-game of Erk. Haven't used him in Rev but Rev is a shitpost so who cares

Edited by DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Leo:

My favorite nohrian royal and my third favorite character in the game, Leo is cold, pragmatic and intelligent as well, but he also has a gentle and caring side.

As a unit, tough? He is probably the worst of the nohrian royals: brynhildr isn't that great compared to siegfried, Fujin Yumi and Raijinto and he can be a bit slow.

However, Leo is still the best First generation mage in Conquest and the second best in revelation.

Hayato:

I love Hayato: while I admit he is very similar to Ricken, he is much better than him as he tries to be actually mature and he is also much funnier.

In battle, Hayato is the best mage in both birthright and Revelation: in BR, he joins at level 1, but he becomes very strong with some babying and in Revelation he is one of the few units that are usable when he joins

Odin is not a classic mage, that's entirely true. That is fine because classic mages are fucking terrible in CQ.

Odin use 101. (I am sick of explaining this)

His startup is exp in join, exp on chmozu, withtonics he starts nos facediving lances on ch9, needs no investment to nostank the entire left side of ch10 including, the oni, the ninja's swordman, the lances, and takumi.

He then walks up the right side of ch11 at a sedate pace, still immortal.

He gets lunged onto the bottom left tile of the top pots in ch12 and eats the top half of the map, all of it (get arthur entrapped to lure the ninja's for safety), or he can eat the apoth reinforcements, take your pick.

Wyvern!Elise can just drop odin between takumi and renia in ch13 so Odin can eat about 2/3's of the map on his own.

This is all early game non vantage un-promoted no booster Odin use. Post vantage he cannot die (outside of neg chains).

Total startup is Nos (oh no you have to buy the best tome in the game), and tonics. You want vantage pre ophelia which will run you heart seals but that's a bogo sale hitting odin and his daughter.

Edit: True fact, Odin has hidden aptitude, if you do the math he has almost the exact same total personal growths as an aptitude boosted Mozu (30% less total) giving him the 2nd highest personal base growths in fates (saizo edges him out by 5%). By comparison Nyx has the 2nd lowest growths in conquest (only 100 points or so over gunther)

Edited by joshcja

Today is not the day to talk about Odin tho.

Leo: My favorite royal. He feels like an actual character and the concept of "living in someone else's shadow" works with him wonderfully. His way of speaking and his supports are awesome too. As a unit he's... alright I guess. Brynhildr is probably the weakest of all the personal weapons, but it's still nice, just not Fujin Yumi levels of power. And the chapter when you fight him in Birthright is downright pathetic, which makes me really sad. But considering I prioritize personality, he still is my favorite.

Hayato: A Ricken that's not as painfully annoying as Ricken, but still is a pretty good mage (A class which I love). Sign me in.

Leo is more or less the most well written and enjoyable character across all 3 routes. Great design. Great unit. AMAZING voice actor. I enjoy hearing him in both Eng and JP equally well, which is amazing since his JP voice is kinda legendary. And can we talk about his crit dialogue? "I will ERASE you!"

Leo: Well written, good va in both Japanese and English, good character design, overall, Leo is a very solid unit. Unfortunately, due to how magic took it up the rear in this game, he is not the best at his role, but he is still a very solid character. Like Thane said, they managed to nail down the "cold exterior, warm center" trope and as a result, he is probably the best Nohrian royal barring support!Xander. I do really wish his personal weapon was better though.

Hayato: So I really did not Ricken. Hayato is Ricken 2.0. I find his gimmick boring at best, aggravating at worst. Plus I prefer Orochi and Ophelia in terms of magic users.

Leo

There he is. Favorite Nohr royal, favorite character in the game probably. He has a really nice design (it appeals to me very strongly, I've almost married him a few times... almost...) and awesome voice in both versions. He gives me some Jin Kisaragi vibes from a physical appearance, but that's probably just the blonde prettyboy part. He has some really decent supports and a mindblowingly adorable son. Like, I love both him and Forrest a lot. I try and use him at the end game even if he's one of the mediocre royals. I wish he got a support with Flora.

Hayato

I love Ben Diskin. I love VALSHE. Don't love Hayato.

Edited by Ebony

Leo is pretty awesone. His cold on the outside, warm on the inside is handled well without turning him into a jerk, he's close to his siblings and I think his reaction to a birthright Corrin and his son make him one of the more multi faceted character.

On his own terms I like Hayato. He's a good representative of the cocky shota type and I seem to have a higher tolerance to those Characters then most. But it does irk me just how much of a clone of Ricken he is. Same gimmick, same color sceme and even the same Avatar support. And what did Ricken do to deserve a clear succesor? I like the kid but I'm about the only one who does.

#23: Leo

I like Leo. In fact, I was initially drawn to Conquest because of him. Although, I cared a little less about him as I played.
Still, I think he's interesting as a character and has never particularly bothered me. As a unit, he needs more speed.
Reclassing him supposedly seemingly remedies this issue but I never bothered.
Anyway, I like Leo.

#24: Hayato (7/30/2016)

I don't like his personality very much and I grew tired of his "I'm a grown man" thing.
He more or less left bad first impressions on me and I never really got to know him through his supports.
As a unit, he's pretty remarkable in Revelations as a unit. I feel mostly indifference.

Bang, boom, more opinions for you... uh, I can't think of a rhyme for "boom" that'll work here.

Leonardo DiCaprio

He's my favorite Titanic victim Nohrian noble. Something about both the teen brothers is just so appealing to me. I think it's the fact that since they're young (unlike Xander/Ryoma) but not too young (like Sakura/Elise are), they have room to grow in lots of different ways. Both Tako and Da Vinci have real flaws that often recur. Their characteristics aren't played for laughs; they aren't silly, made up ones like them being "too good" (in a moral sense, that is); they're real personal boons and banes for them that affect them in numerous ways. In Leo's case, he feels forgotten because of his independence (as opposed to Takumi feeling forgotten because he feels useless), but at the same time, he often feels overshadowed by his own brother, which is why he worked so hard to be independent. It makes me think of the Ouroboro symbol; he feeds into his own suffering, much like how the Ouroboro serpent eats at its own tail.

I haven't yet found a moment that I disliked with this guy. And his flaws don't make me detest or laugh at him. And it made me happy that in the end of BR, his heart indeed still went on... okay, I'll stop.

Hayato

He seems an alright chum. I never really hated Ricken, and Hayato's like a more dialed down version of him. I only hate the archetype when it gets overly whiny and bratty, which doesn't really happen with either of these characters. I actually do believe that Hayato has some degree of maturity to him, even though he has certain eating habits and is constantly concerned about his child-like stature. Oh, and he's afraid of the dark, too. The reason I think he's mature is because he genuinely takes others into consideration; he makes charms for the Wind Tribe, he seems to frequently offer to help those who seem to need assistance, and he tries really hard to learn to write a good letter for the Wind Tribe, even though he's supposedly terrible at writing letters.

#24: Hayato (7/30/2016)

I don't like his personality very much and I grew tired of his "I'm a grown man" thing.
He more or less left bad first impressions on me and I never really got to know him through his supports.

He gives off a bad first impression because IS really wants to make sure you know for certain what a character's gimmick is before you start actually using them. But as a completionist, I did put through the effort to get him to support characters, and the gimmick... well, it is a part of his character, but it's usually overshadowed in the supports. In fact, in his support with Corrin, it's never even mentioned (at least from what I recall). And I think there are a number of other Hayato supports like that, as well. Usually if it is mentioned, it's because the other character is intentionally insulting him.

Edited by Ertrick36

23) Leo- My favorite character from Nohr (I'm not a big fan of the Nohrians, so, he have it easy), he is a very well written character and his interactions with Forrest are very good, showing he can learn from his errors and work to be better. Since I always use my favorite characters in my team, he won a spot, and has stayed with me in the whole game, but I always reclass him quickly to Dark Flyer, to give him more speed... Also he looks good in that class, the black and gold armor don't make him look very different to his default Dark knight.

24) Hayato- I used him a lot in the first half of Revelation, where he have a better start than in Birthright, he wasn't that bad, and did a good job for the time I used him, I just... Would have liked that he had a good start in Birthright too, so I could use him more (I didn't wanted to grind too much in my birthright file, that's why I couldn't use Hayato)

-Laslow

I find his face hilarious and he makes a great rallybot. Not that intresting overall.

-Shigure

I hate Azura and I hate her son. Still a good rallybot.

-Selkie

I love her hair. I feel like she's a great unit, she turned out to be OP in all my playthroughs. I find her voice acting to be very cute.

-Flora

She's cute and has a nice icy effect when she hits. Not too good stat-wise, but my waifu's Felicia so I like her too.

-Scarlet

My Birthright waifu. I feel like the game was so unfair to her. As a Master Ninja with Vantage+Awakening she's absolutely broken. I might start Birthright for the fourth time just to build her like that. Also, why can't she marry Ryoma? It's pretty obvious they are very close.

-Selena

I guess she's cute. I find her quite boring, she's stereotyped.

-Nyx

I just use her for breeding purposes. Her whole character is based around that younger look gimmick.

-Takumi

He's your regular tsundere. He looks cool though. I made him a swordmaster because of that badass Sumeragi armor. Also great stats.

-Corrin

I hated him in Nohr. Not that great of a character to be honest. Hoshido Noble is one of the best looking classes of the game though.

-Sophie

Her character is focused around Avel, at times it feels like it has more personality than her. I solved the problem by reclassing her as an Hero, and she turned out to be a great unit.

-Shura

I like him, but I always end up benching him, don't ask me why.

-Saizo

I think he's boring. He has great growths though.

-Velouria

Her character is weird, at times she's hard to understand. Sometimes she's the most adorable furball in the world, sometimes she's a d!ck. I find her intresting, and her stats are great.

-Fuga

He's a cool dude,I love his portrait. He always ends up benched though.

-Subaki

I hate him. He wears a mask just like Charlotte, except she does it to get money for her family, while he acts all perfect to avoid embarrassing Sakura.

also he isn't nearly as hot as Charlotte.

-Hinoka

I'm not a fan of her, I don't think she's that great of a unit.

-Niles

Haven't used him much, I don't like him so far.

-Felicia

She's adorable, she's goofy and has a great voice acting. I instantly fell in love with her.

-Kagero

I like her design, but I benched her along with Saizo. Midori was so insanely good as a Master Ninja that Saizo, Kaze and Kagero all lost their usefulness.

-Kana (haven't had the male version)

I have mixed feelings about her. I don't like her design too much but it's not bad. Stat wise she always ends up being sh!tty because my MU is physical based and my wife is Felicia.

-Effie

Eh. She's got a nice butt I guess.

-Jakob

I love this guy. I like every aspect of his personality, I love his design and his critical quotes are awesome. I end up benching him because I don't find Butlers all that useful, Felicia's much better and I hate paladins. I don't know what to do with him.

-Leo

He's badass. I don't like Dark Knights, but when he was introduced as the smart guy with the goofy side i immediately liked him. His personal weapon is bad though.

-Hayato

He makes a surprisingly great Oni Chieftain. I guess his personality is okay, he's the kiddo trying to act tough. His redeeming quality is being the father of Rhajat, which is one of my favourite units design wise.

Edited by Petersheikah

Leo: my love Leo is probably my favourite character on Conquest, and overall as well. He just has very believable interactions with everyone, is shown to recognise his mistakes and grow from them (and is allowed to be wrong!), and does well as a unit, especially as a dark flier (which is great for me because I love dark fliers) and he's pretty. I know what people mean about him being one of the weaker of the royals though. And his chapter on Birthright... the less said the better

Hayato: I actually kinda like Hayato. When I was testing out my new mages on a couple of skirmishes, the RNG aligned and he got amazing level ups, while Orochi was flat out getting even two points a time. So, I kept him around on my team, and he ended up as one of the few units who could actually reliably kill things. And his gimmick didn't really seem too overbearing to me, they slap you in the face with it in his join chapter but it falls off to tolerable levels pretty quickly

Leo: I'm surprisingly conflicted with him. On one hand, I understand why he feels overshadowed by his older siblings, so he's pretty relatable, but at the same time I find him too... cold for my tastes? I do like his love for tomatoes, though lol

Hayato: He's alright. A little too much like Ricken but he's not bad. But then again, I haven't approached the majority of his supports so I have yet to experience enough of his childishness (even though his supports with Kaden and Sakura do reveal a little of it).

Funny to mention - these two guys are the most popular partners for Sakura. Yet they happen to be the Sakura ships I'm not fond of and I prefer them with other magic-based girls, ahaha.

Today's characters are Hinata and Silas, plus a bonus character that is Hans since I wanted to cover the recurring villains in the game too, what is your opinion those characters?

For my opinion on Hinata, I haven't used him much so I wouldn't know about his use gameplay wise since why would you need a samurai when Ryoma is all you need. Character wise I haven't much of him, but I loved the ones I saw, like his conversation with Hinoka, and his C support conversation with his son, Hisame.

I'll hold off my opinion on Silas till later

I feel like I could like Hans more as a villain if he had a more role and wasn't part of shitty deaths.

#25) Hinata- I like him more than most people, he's the big dumb dog type done right, but he's quick to learn from his mistakes. He's a genuinely nice guy. As a unit he's a really good Master of Arms, really defensive + the guard naginata= what's a physical attack.

#26) Silas- Shipping bait for the female avatar. He makes a very good great knight. I don't dislike him but I'm neutral on him.

#26.5) Hans- I like how he doesn't give a single fuck, but he can reduced to asshole. When I have to defeat him, I like watching it in slow-motion.

Hinata, He's a guy alright

SIlias and his personal skill are the best reason ever to play the entire game with your lord under half hp. Also he's a chill guy. Solid supports around with incredibly shitposty marrige option's in azura, ryoma, and kaze. Seriously the kazexsilias B support tho. He's a pretty great bow knight with passive stack and luna.

Hans, Why is he not a gay marriage option for Fuga?

Edited by joshcja

Hinata:

He seems to be one of the most "normal" characters of the game, which is actually saying a lot for me.

Anyway, I like him in the battlefield as well, since he has some defense that makes him able to survive more than other characters.

Silas:

I'm quite neutral towards him, but I admit that I like using him, altough he is growth rates may not do much to make him better.

Hans is...cool, I guess? I mean there is not much I can say about him when he seems to be just a generic brigand with more importance in the story.

Edited by The Wyvern Rider