Opinions on that Fire Emblem Fates character #1 - #65 (Check first page)

RoyLKing

Hinata

He's my waifu and I'm not ashamed to admit it. That smirk is too much. Sure he's a dumb jock but he has heart dammit, and like his lord he's just a Nice Guy. He's decent as a unit, being able to semi-tank and still be speedy, but obviously pales when compared to Ryoma. I've used him as a Master of Arms just to give him a different niche, want to try going Blacksmith next time.

Silas

Trusty Silas, as a Cav he's very useful, even after you get all the high Mov royals in Nohr. His join time is perfect and even in Revelation he joins with better bases than most. I really love his design. His personality doesn't bother me as much as some. He comes off as condescending at times but I don't think it's mean spirited.

Hans

The villains in this game are trash, but I will give Hans credit for being the least awful of the lot. He at least has somewhat of a backstory that explains why he's the way he is and his motives.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silas:

I'm quite neutral towards him, but I admit that I like using him, altough he is growth rates may not do much to make him better.

Silias's growths are like... a slightly more efficiently minmaxed version of xander's

Edited by joshcja

Leo: A great character, he has a good set of supports with only a few dipping into bad quality since he has good interactions with most of the characters, his inferiority complex through being stuck in his sibling's shadow is actually done well and doesn't come off as annoying, and has a good set of believable strengths and faults that he tries to work with. Additionally, I love his voice actors as they really do a great job with their character and it helps make Leo even more likeable. My only issue with him is that as a unit, he can be pretty middling, he isn't bad, but he does stand out as being one of the weaker siblings in the game due to his stats and mediocre Royal weapon.

Hayato: The only thing I like about Hayato is that he's useful in Revelation and he has Ben Disken as a voice actor (whocomes with a set of good Critical quotes), other then that I just find him to be annoying.

Hinata: Neutral on him, I don't have much of an opinion.

Silas: Kind of mixed on him, I do like that he can be loyal to the characters around him, but his friendship with Corrin feels a bit hollow. He's the self-proclaimed best friend of the character and the game doesn't let us forget it as a good chunk of his big moments and interactions do involve talking about the character, and it doesn't feel as strong a relationship for as much as the game play it ups. Additionally, some of his supports can have him come off as (unintentionally at times) a jerk to others around him, with Kagero and Hana sticking out to me as notable examples of that. He does apologize in some cases like with the former, but it still comes off poorly for him to be that judgmental to others.

Hans: I used to think he was a generic, ambitious villain, and in most ways he is still in that archetype, but he had moments where he shown he could've been more. He's surprisingly courteous to Corrin in some of his conversations with them such as Conquest Chapter 13 and 14, and he shows a level of respect for Xander in Revelation, even believing he's one of the most loyal soldiers Nohr has (though he's proven wrong after his death in Chapter 16). So he does have elements of being more then just a generic villain, and I feel that if the game actually paid attention to better establishing those traits, he would've been more memorable as a villain. Unfortunately, that's not the case, and what we got was mostly just a Saturday Morning Cartoon villain that kicks puppies alongside his two besties.

Edited by Medeus

Hinata: I love his character! He is such a nice guy, and some supports like with Azura are hilarious. Also, he is hot. On the battlefield, I find him to be a bit dissapointing, but at least he can take a hit. I'm going to try him as a basara.

Silas: While an absolute monster on the battlefield, he is the most bland and generic character in the whole game. Something we have seen before. I regret S supporting him in my first Rev. File.

Hans: Bland Boss of genericness!

Yay, I'm here early for once! I'm gonna celebrate by producing some memes opinions.

Hinata

Alright, so now we're two-thirds of the way done with Team Takumi. Hinata's a very standard dude that loves to train and compete against others, but sometimes a simple thing can be good. He makes clear that he works hard for Takumi, and I like the backstory of why it is he felt the need to in the first place, as it ties in well with his personality. IMO, he's an example of the "loyal, competitive warrior" archetype done right. And I also like that in his supports with Oboro, the end wasn't about one of the characters winning the sparring session they had; it was merely about how they liked coming together for a common cause. Though perhaps the Takumi worship wankfest goes a little far... which is even lampshaded.

Silas

I actually really liked this guy, initially. He seems like such a bro. But I don't really understand why it is people really like Corrin other than for story/writing purposes. Sure, they're all friendly and whatnot, but there are people out there who hate/are suspicious of super nice guys/gals and see it as either pathological kindness or as pure naivety. Anyway, there isn't any real reason Silas should've devoted 5-10 years of his life getting close to Corrin; people change when they grow up, and they usually move on from old relationships.

Goddammit, I can't stop talking about Corrin with this guy. That's exactly his problem, though; his Corrin worship. It's probably the worst of all the worships in this game aside from Rhajat's. But he's alright in the supports where he isn't talking about Corrin; I mean, kinda bland and standard, but at least he isn't talking about his huge Corrin crush.

Hans

Psycho killer... qu'est ce que c'est? He's a big, power hungry jerk. Basically, like the power hungry psycho king in a number of Fire Emblem games without the royal status. Because of that and because there's absolutely no build up or development with this guy, he's pretty generic. Iago is more interesting than this chum, which says a lot because Iago isn't an interesting villain, either. Hans is just a villain for you to hate, but they don't put much effort into making you hate him; he goes and mindlessly attacks some generic Hoshidan troops, he kills a certain character in one route (which feels cheap and stupid if you buffed your characters out ridiculously), and he's constantly working against you. I hate him for how boring he is, not because he's a dick. Remember when the Radiance series gave you actually interesting villains? Hell, some of them even joined your side. I want that kind of stuff to return.

-Hinata

I absolutely love his design and I like his character too. Not too great stat-wise, but can be fixed with some work and a good weapon.

-Silas

This is probably one of the most boring units in the entire game. His character is bland, his design in very standard and his main gimmick is being Corrin's best friend. Most of the soldiers in Corrin's army have a unique design that reflects their character, Silas has grey hair and a standard armor, which are uninspired just like his personality. Even his stats are as generic as they can be. His daughter has this problem too, her character instead of depending on Corrin is focused on how she can't handle her horse.

-Hans

He's evil, he's ugly. He's a generic villain with no backstory that acts like a psycho because "he's the bad guy". He succeeds in being extremely annoying during the story but extremely satisfying to kill as a boss, just like Iago.

Edited by Petersheikah

Hinata - Gets some mention for being one of the last guys available for my idiot of a Corrin to marry on my first playthrough. I much prefer him with Oboro, because they've already spent a lot of time together, so the support chain doesn't feel as awkward. His support with Odin is hilarious, and it's one of those that somewhat ties in to game mechanics (Hinata learns dark magic, Odin gets nothing).

Silas - He makes a nice enough tank on Birthright. He gets upstaged by Xander in Conquest, and comes so late in Revelation that I usually don't bother. At least he's amusing in Birthright.

Hans - Who?

Hinata is kinda there. He's an ok unit. He has some good supports. That's about it.

Silas is a unit I've used in almost every playthrough of Fates. While his character is a bit meh, as a unit he can be a destructive force with his great availability in 2/3 paths, and has 2 B weapon ranks and amazing base stats in Revelations.

Hands is a boss that could've been great. You start hating how boring and bland of a villain he is, and you'd loooove to kill him. Then he turns out to be a total pushover, and everything that got built up is lost. It's 100% his fault too, as Berserkers in Fates are extremely scary to fight with their high crit chance, but Hans always has something that prevents him from being scary. In BR, he has -4 Defense and Res to start with thanks to the Brave Axe, not to mention it's 1 range. In Conquest he's actually very threatening in Hard and Lunatic, especially if he attacks you on enemy phase as he will hit, and on Lunatic he will probably crit. In Revelations, he starts equipped with the Tomahawk, meaning anyone can just walk up and attack him with no real threat since he dies in a couple of hits.

Also yes that was on purpose.

Edited by TrueEm

Hinata: One of my favorite characters. I love how much of a nice guy he is, even if he's also rather dumb, it works pretty well and it has a lot of great supports (Odin/Hinata is hilarious). As a unit, he's alright. I made him a Master of Arms and he was a pretty good tank on my BR team against anything that wasn't magic.

Silas: I really wanted to like you Silas, since you have one of my favorite voice actors. But you are SO bland! It's not even funny and it reaches a point where I just want him to be gone. As a unit, my Silas ended up getting speed screwed, so rip.

Hans: He feels like one of those generic bandits that IS throw from time to time to have you busy, only with a "bigger" role that doesn't suit him at all.

Hinata

Adorable puppy human. I wanna marry him in a run, he's really just a swell, cute guy. Has the best Trueblade coat too. Tends to be trusty for me - I appreciate him being a tank in the Swordmaster class. It's unique, it's cool. Also Cam Clarke and, imo, having one of the better my room models.

Silas

Kinda a dick. I don't really use him. Love his kid though when she doesn't focus on Avel, which is rare as fuck.

Hans

can stop existing and i wouldnt care

he reminds me of a friend's edgy barbarian oc

Hinata

Never used, no opinion, although I've heard he's a pretty cool guy.

Silas

Kind of a judgemental asshole. Exists to worship the ground Corrin walks on while really, really hammering in that childhood friend shtick.

Hans

Could be swapped with a nameless, faceless bad guy and the story would remain the same.

Edited by Thane

Personally, I don't wanna go and put my opinions of all the others right now, so I'll just say mine of the current three.

Hinata

He's nice, and basically a bro. Has my favorite Swordmaster outfit of them all. Fell out of the long run in Revelations when there are many better tanks than him.

Silas

I thought he was a decent guy at first, a little bit obsessed with the whole childhood friend thing. Then I saw his supports. Judgmental and incredibly rude for no reason.

Hans

He sure is... there.

Hinata

Pretty swell guy, who takes hits like a champ, makes Hinoka realize the beauty of friendship and proper delegation, helps out Felicia overcome her insecurity and probably be the happiest she's ever been of all of her available supports, got a good relationship with his lord and good rivalry with Oboro, a massive lovable dork of a dad for Hisame and overall a nice guy who doesn't fall into generic because of his personality and exuberant nature. In the cast full of serious men, Avatar-centric characters or jerks, people like him and Benny stand out all the more in a positive way. I'd even say Hinata is my favorite character in the game and I feel rather saddened when he's most likely the most ditched of the three 1st gen samurai.

Silas

For a guy who has pretty 50/50 growths everywhere save res and magic, it's amazing how lackluster he becomes as I keep using him. In none of the three versions did the man get even to midgame since he was one of the first I switched out. His childhood best friend shtick could have been fine since at least he was male and in most cases your childhood bff is always a girl so it would have been cool for a nice change of pace, but then he just went on being like slightly more amiable Jakob in his devotion to Kamui. All I can say is that he lasted longer than Pit Percy for the people the voice actor shared roles with.

Hans

To be perfectly honest, this man reminds me why I don't take Fates seriously. At least Iago had some intrigue going for him when he questioned Garon why he was doing all that stuff to Kamui but this guy just seems to want to do evil because he can't be asked to think and do anything else.

Hans

he reminds me of a friend's edgy barbarian oc

Was he a nihilist who did terrible things because feelings don't matter? Or was he just "morally ambiguous", following questionable orders just to get what he wants? For what it's worth, at least you aren't comparing that OC to Gheb.

Hans

To be perfectly honest, this man reminds me why I don't take Fates seriously.

I'm constantly reminded of my lax attitude towards Fates through the crazy time chambers that are all the astral and deep realms, the supremely gimmicky characters, and the unfunny, stupid joke supports that litter this game. Oh, and the fact that the "super elite" army of the game features teens, kids, and people who look like kids, all of whom can apparently kick more ass than the veterans in their prime if they're trained right. Then there's the clear incongruence between gameplay and story, where sometimes your characters have difficulty fighting an enemy even though in actual gameplay, the enemy's extremely weak compared to the characters they were fighting.

But I guess Hans is pretty ridiculous, too. But to be fair, he does proclaim that if he kills Corrin, he "might" be made a duke, so I guess his end goal is power and not just being a total douche... not that it makes him any more interesting.

Was he a nihilist who did terrible things because feelings don't matter? Or was he just "morally ambiguous", following questionable orders just to get what he wants? For what it's worth, at least you aren't comparing that OC to Gheb.

he was a barbarian who was a dumbass, didnt care about killing and

i dont wanna even say what else happened to him lmao

25) Hinata - Usually, I can't stand characters with his personality, but somehow it didn't happen with Hinata, I actually enjoy him around, and he even was in my Birthright team. He isn't one of my most favorite characters, but I like him, he is fun and I'm glad he wasn't annoying like other characters with similar personalities.

26) Silas - I don't like him at all, and I really hate that he called himself my best friend... And of course I don't like how he treats some of the girls. I can't talk of him as a unit, because really, I will never use him again (At the beginning of my Birtyhright file he was in my team, but after reading some of his supports with the girls, I stopped using him).

26.5) Hans - He can go to hell and I love to put a critical on his face.

Today's characters are Orochi and Mitama, what is your opinion on those characters?

Orochi: Didn't use her supports much, has a nice support with Saizo, pretty useless in combat since Hayato is literally recruited the next chapter you recruit her and he's a much better hitter and dodger, also she has horrible speed so have fun getting doubled.

Mitama: Didn't like her introduction much, but my opinion might change on her, since I liked her conversation with Shigure. I didn't use her much since I got her toward endgame, but I'd figure she'd be good. Also, I like her star eyes design.

Edited by RoyLKing

Orachi, the most uuuh, "ascetically pleasing" gen 1 diviner, has pretty great supports. Despite being terrible i cobat she's created a pretty serious crack addition among young gamers.

Mitama Azama is great and Mitama is better in every way both gameplay and support wise.

Hinata: I would love to be friends with this guy IRL, but it's a shame that he is very lack luster compared to Ryoma and to some extent Hana. He's a nice guy but that's all I like about him.

Silas: One of the best characters in terms of combat and English voice acting. Character wise he's OK but I find his friendship with Corrin creepy, from what I've seen he never really explains his reasons for wanting to be friends with Corrin and if you haven't seen him/her in years you would expect him to be over Corrin. His bases are insane in Revelations. I also wished he had to face hardships when fighting against Nohr just like when Felicia did.

Hans: Very one dimensional, kind of wished that he was actually from Valla. It would have been interesting if Iago was Leo's mentor and Hans would be Xander or Camilla's mentor. It will give the Nohr sibliings a stronger connection with these villains too instead of being a living obstacle for the Mary Sue that is Corrin.

Orochi: I don't like her, her trollish nature is just unfitting for someone who is supposed to predict peoples fortunes, her growths are very bad, 30% speed on a magic user is bad especially where one of the maps you recruit her in is fulled with ninjas who one round her. Also, she was terrible in my revelations playthrough, only gaining 2 speed point until promoted right now she is a level 5 Barasa with 10 SPEED. Despite my hate my dislike in her, I think her OTP is with my favourite healer in Fates, Azama. Speaking of Azama...

Mitama: Hands down, the funniest child unit in Fates. Her dialogue is brilliant, the relationship with her father is fantastic, with the right physical unit *cough* Effie *cough* she will be a monster as a Priestess. Her supports with the male avatar are one of the better child unit x MU ones as the theme of isolation is well crafted. Her character is just so fun, only major thing I don't like is that her paralogue can be tedious for Birthright standards.

Edited by Kevlar

Orochi

Opinions are somewhat limited on her. I've had her support a number of characters, and she has some pretty good supports. I like how her supports break Laslow from his gimmick entirely, yet I'm still trying to gather what I feel about her. The reason this is is because she seems to take on supports with different people in different ways. For example, in her C-Support with Saizo, she confronts him with a load of gossipy nonsense, but then she'll be totally friendly with Corrin or Laslow. Maybe it's because she's into fortune telling, so she knows if she'll get along with someone or not. Perhaps unlocking more supports or reading more opinions will allow me to form a proper opinion of her.

Mitama

I find it funny just how many people say they can relate to lil' ol' haiku lady. I think we all have those days where we just want to lay in our beds and attend to creative endeavors. Though I haven't used her too much, I find her to be kind of entertaining. I sense that there might be some character growth with her, but I don't think I've ever reached the end of a support line with her at all. I'll tell you what, though, I do like her more than her father, and I've actually reached the end of some of Azama's support lines (obviously, otherwise I wouldn't even know who Mitama is).

Then there's the clear incongruence between gameplay and story, where sometimes your characters have difficulty fighting an enemy even though in actual gameplay, the enemy's extremely weak compared to the characters they were fighting.

This is a problem that the series had and will always have tough.

But anyway;

Orochi: I don't have nothing to say as I never use her.

Miitama: one of my favorite children in the game, she is very funny and her gimmick never becomes annoying, unlike with other characters.

Plus, she was really useful when I used her in Birthright, as she was surprisingly tanky. Then again, her mother was Rinkah, so I shouldn't have been surprised about it.

#19: Kagero

She's cool, I like that she takes some aspects of Kaze and Saizo mixed into one unit in, kind hearted like Kaze and proffessional like Saizo. And as a unit she's a good ninja with high strength in Birthright, but I had to let her go in Revelations because I had less room for ninjas, thus only took what I considered to be the best ninja of the three, Kaze.

#20: Kana

Kana is so adorable, I frankly couldn't get enough of her. I dunno what it is with these avatar children but I always have a strong connection to them. Case in point being Morgan and Kana, they're both just adorable and while Morgan is a savage, Kana is much more childish in nature and there's a lot of things she still has to learn, and I found that aspect of her be kinda cute. As a unit she's alright but she never kept up with Corrin in my playthroughs, I dunno why maybe it's the Yato, maybe I need to train her more or maybe I need to chose a better mother but either way she's good where it counts.

#21: Effie

Effie is a powerhouse in Conquest, best tank for me, but maybe it's because I didn't use Benny all that much. But either way her combination of offense and defense made her a great unit on the battlefield. And I like her supports too, not much to complain about her really.

#22: Jakob

Jakob is whatever for me, he's a savage like Saizo, Niles and Azama but unlike them it feels to me that he's doing purely because he's an ass and has no respect for anyone but Corrin. I wouldn't mind if he had a valid reason but I don't see any here.

#23: Leo

Leo is a winner, the best unit in Fire Emblem Fates bar none, I know I said Takumi before but it's always a toss up between them... I say they both win, it's hard to choose. Anyway Leo is a great character, he always likes busting your balls a bit but he always means well, and Leo is a genius and is more intelligent than most members of the army, always knowing how to manipulate the situation and turn the tides in his favor. To me Leo should've been the protaginist of Conquest because like Corrin he doesn't want to see people get hurt but he also knows when to back off and see that the situations is beyond his control. He's also more interesting because of his inferiority complex as shown in his conversation with Xander, it would've been great to see the plotline of conquest develop him as a character some more. But anyway, Leo is a winner for me, no match! Except for maybe Takumi, speaking of which I love his supports with Takumi. And with that outta the way, Leo is the best Dark Knight in the series so far, and is a very versatile unit because of that. Leo's magic stat is very high and he can kill generals without breaking a sweat, both Leo and Elise were my primary mages in Revelations but Elise spent less time on the front lines since she couldn't tank as much as Leo. All in all Leo is awesome as a unit and as a character.

#24: Hayato

Ricken's reincarnation is alright, as a unit he's a good mage in Birthright and early game Revelations so he never disappointed in that aspect, but I mostly used him to get Rhajat and she ended up being a powerhouse of a mage with Orochi as her mother. Not much else to say, I like some of his supports but his personality isn't all that memorable.

#25: Hinata

Takumi's retainer is an excellent swordsman but like Hana he was shat on so easily when Ryoma became available. In terms of character I think he's cool, I like his carefree attitude, but not much else to say really. I didn't do that many supports with him.

#26: Silas

Silas is one of the two retainers Corrin gets on his journey along with Kaze, and while Kaze brings the best of the ninja class, Silas brings the best of the cavalier class. Being good in pretty much all of his important stats save for maybe Resistance. And Silas' supports for the most part were entertaining. I just hated the one he had with Camilla really, but Silas is otherwise cool.

#26.5: Hans

Fuck Hans, you want me to talk more about him? He's as one dimensional as villains go and the most bland character I've seen in this game, there's zero backstory, zero motivation, zero personality and zero depth! Garon, Iago, Anankos, all of these guys at least had some semblance of those. Especially Anankos, Hans has jack shit, he likes to murder people and is a pure madman, that actually could be cool if it was explored a little bit but nope. Worst character in Fire Emblem Fates bar none. At least Iago and Zola had personality at the very least.

#27: Orochi

I liked her supports and used her a bit as a unit but not enough for my opinion to give her justice.

#28: Mitama

She's whatever, I never found her to be all that memorable or bad.

Orochi is a very fun character to watch in supports. I just really enjoy her. As a unit, she's... interesting. She has abysmal speed, but fantastic Magic and Resistance. This make her hit hard, but she'll get doubled and die if attacked physically. She's very much a mid-line fighter.

Mitama is an interesting case for me. As you'll know once we get to him, I absolutely DESPISE Azama. But I'm honestly fine with Mitama so far. She doesn't have the traits Azama has that make me hate him, and I honestly enjoy her haiku gimmick. As a unit, she can be either Magical or Physical, mostly depending on her Mother. Either way, she succeeds on both fronts. Overall, she still doesn't exist, as I don't marry Azama to anyone anymore. Not after the things I saw in his support with Sakura, which was the first pairing I did for him.