Am I the only one who thinks that Conquest is difficult, even on Normal-Classic?

OliKad

As someone who started getting into FE with Awakening, it was also pretty hard to me, Although, I did Normal/Casual.

Only a few units of mine were actually good, them being Xander, Camilla, June (Avatar) and Sophie. And heck, I had to do the final chapter on Pheonix cause my units sucked too much. Though, I have to admit, I'm really glad it was hard, even though some of the chapters are quite frustrating.

Lookin' at you, Wind Tribe and Ninja Cave.

When I first played Conquest (on Normal, mind you) I actually had to restart the whole game at least three times, because I actually thought the Royals were good for something. Ho boy, was I ever wrong. The first time I managed to clear it, I didn't use a single Royal (except Elise, at least until Niles promoted to Adventurer) and I will continue to do so in every playthrough of Fates.

#BenchTheRoyals

...I'm gonna need some clarification on this. Unless you got basically the worst possible level ups, every time, for the whole game, then I can't see this reflecting any of the information I've heard or my own experiences either. I'm currently jamming through Lunatic Conquest, just got to Hinoka's chapter, and the royals are just as rockstar-tier as in any of my earlier campaigns. Camilla is phenomenal, and at least one these boards I've only seen I think one person suffer through not leaning on her on chapter 10, and she is consistently one of the best units thereafter. Access to two breakers, great growths, good parent, and a downright disgustingly good passive? Hard for me to see not using her. The other royals are similar stories, and all are worth using imo, especially since if you're really stuck they can trivialize a number of the more complained about missions, like Wyvern Lord Xander coasting through the kitsune forest.

As for the OP, while I agree with Eclipse that this is one of the most annoying ways to ask the question, the answer is no, the prevailing opinion is that Conquest is basically a tier above the other two campaigns in terms of difficulty. That said, it's by no means undoable. I'd recommend making good use of tonics, and use Odin as a drain-tank with nosferatu. Takes a couple chapters to get him off the ground, but he's ridiculous when he does and his daughter is incredible.

I know that in Conquest you can't grind that good as in Birthright.

But I think it would be easy if you own the dlcs right? I mean Boo Camp is absolutely grindable in every Path (BR, CQ, Rev).

And you got a lot of op stuffs too such as Aether.

I never played CQ so I don't really know how it is. Maybe I'm wrong.

I know that in Conquest you can't grind that good as in Birthright.

But I think it would be easy if you own the dlcs right? I mean Boo Camp is absolutely grindable in every Path (BR, CQ, Rev).

And you got a lot of op stuffs too such as Aether.

I never played CQ so I don't really know how it is. Maybe I'm wrong.

You certainly can, but I think most people (myself certainly at least) sort of assume that when discussing difficulty the grinding DLCs (boo camp and ghostly gold) aren't included. If you really wanted to you could just grind every character to max level and breeze through the game on any difficulty that way, so it's kind of a moot point for discussing.

Grinding is also pretty unnecessary in Conquest I think, as long as you can manage to get 2-3 child paralogues the gold and exp should be more than adequate to beat the game.

As an aside, I wouldn't really call Aether OP. IIRC, it has a .5x skill proc rate, same as Astra, and they both fall under the same umbrella of "semi-random instant kills" that are nice when they happen but aren't predictable enough to build around.

Conquest Normal is definitely harder than Birthright and Revelation on Hard.

Yes it is. I played that shit on Casual, and it was still pretty tough. Ive been around the FE block a few times, and still found Conquest's Normal to have its moments. Mostly toward endgame. I started a Hard run on Conquest but havent finished it. (not cuz of difficulty, but because of losing interest in the run. Ill likely get back to it.)

My first and so far only playthrough of Conquest was on Hard Classic up until Chapter 25, at which point I looked at all of the Master Ninjas and Swordmasters and just downgraded to Normal. Then the game became disappointingly easy, eapecially compared to that nightmare called the Great Wall of Suzanoh. To be honest I didn't find Hard to be that difficult once you figured out the gimmicks, just extremely tedious. Fuga's Wild Ride was one of those, where I just advanced extremely cautiously and made sure to take enemies in as small groups as possible.

I played Birthright and Conquest first Normal/Casual when I got the game and a few weeks later, Hard/Classic side by side (As in, one ch one route, switch to the other route when finished) and definitely CQ is the hardest of those two.

Probably the only chapter I had trouble in Birthright Hard enough to reset was Camilla while I would've had to reset at least once a chapter in CQ Normal onwards ch 14 if i hadn't been playing in casual then.

The difficulty does spike incredibly in CQ when you change the mode, I'm in the Ninja death cave in Lunatic and the only chapter that gave me such a headache in Hard was Ryouma's before i decided to give up on the chests and kill him.

No, not at all!

I remember beating Birthright Normal/Classic on my first ever run without too much trouble, except that the annoying RNG caught be a bit off-guard. I tried Conquest next, but was soon forced to lower from Classic to Casual and I still struggled. Revelation was great, except for so many gimmick mechanics in the later maps.

Now, after beating them a few times, I decided to increase the difficulty. Revelation Hard was challenging but never too overwhelming for me. I only had to master making decisions regarding Attack and Guard Stance (on Normal, you can fly through everything on Attack Stance without much trouble). Birthright was less tough even. Only a few chapters gave me trouble like Camilla or the Lava Fields. But Conquest... As much fun as I find it, I've got much to learn and I'm simply obliterated by the later chapters. I'm currently on Chapter 23 and those damn Snipers with Counter are getting the best of me. In general, Conquest Hard has been the most unforgiving FE I've played so far. I shudder at the mere thought of attempting it on Lunatic, but someday I will.

As people have pointed out, Birthright Hard is approximately as tough as Conquest Normal.

Edited by BlueHorizon186

You are not alone. I was playing Normal Casual and restarted like 100+ times on my first playthrough. The one chapter I restarted the most was chapter 10. I haven't played a game that difficult in such a long time.

Lol it's hard, but I like it because it's forcing me to thoroughly plan out my units. I'm only on chapter 12 because I haven't thought of a way to tackle it :/ (too many damn pots, where is Link when you need him lol)

Lol it's hard, but I like it because it's forcing me to thoroughly plan out my units. I'm only on chapter 12 because I haven't thought of a way to tackle it :/ (too many damn pots, where is Link when you need him lol)

Throwing bombs

Best thing to do IMO is rush straight up the middle, then pop EVERYTHING at once. The fireworks show should make the enemies in the north easier to deal with.

Just hit the dragon vein on normal/hard

Throwing bombs

Best thing to do IMO is rush straight up the middle, then pop EVERYTHING at once. The fireworks show should make the enemies in the north easier to deal with.

Lol, the ONE thing I didn't wanna do XD. I'm a very defensive player tbh. I'll try it though.

I think this is the first actually difficult Normal-Classic I've ever played since Binding Blade. Actually, across the series, which Normal-Classic would be more/most difficult?

RD will throw you for a loop if you're just staring out with Tellius. Thracia's got its own brand of WTF, even though there's only one difficulty mode.

Conquest, however, is difficult in a different way. Part of it involves gimmicks, part of it involves enemy placement, and part of it is pure numbers.

EDIT: But for absolutely "WTF IS THIS" difficulty that I feel is done fairly well, that's FE12 on Lunatic. Which I absolutely do NOT recommend to series beginners!

Edited by eclipse

RD will throw you for a loop if you're just staring out with Tellius. Thracia's got its own brand of WTF, even though there's only one difficulty mode.

Conquest, however, is difficult in a different way. Part of it involves gimmicks, part of it involves enemy placement, and part of it is pure numbers.

EDIT: But for absolutely "WTF IS THIS" difficulty that I feel is done fairly well, that's FE12 on Lunatic. Which I absolutely do NOT recommend to series beginners!

Thracia TECHNICALLY has two modes, but the only difference between them is the amount of EXP you get for battles and stave usage.