Fire Emblem Fates/If 1st Anniversary + Figmas

carefreejules

For a second there I almost thought they'd give us a reason to care for the princesses or the other cast members, but clearly that'd just be ridiculous.

Well, it's technically not even that; it's got four CDs. The first two are basically a Birthright prequel from Takumi's perspective, with the third one being Xander/Leo butting heads in a form of prequel as well. The fourth is just F!Corrin My Castle shenanigans.

So... the quality will probably be all over the place.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's technically not even that; it's got four CDs. The first two are basically a Birthright prequel from Takumi's perspective, with the third one being Xander/Leo butting heads in a form of prequel as well. The fourth is just F!Corrin My Castle shenanigans.

Wait really? Seems they've realised that Femui makes for a better cash cow than Azura.

Wait really? Seems they've realised that Femui makes for a better cash cow than Azura.

If by cash cow you mean reducing her into fanservice to milk see my pun there, since her track record for MyCastle shenanigans in 4koma has a high number of fanservice and boobs, and one of her tracks for the drama is literally "I didn't have time to put my armor on". I have a bad feeling about that.

So, I mean...I don't consider this a victory for Fem!Corrin. If anything it's just dragging her down.

The first one's a Birthright prequel, but I got the impression the second was revolving around M!Corrin's choice at Branch of Fates?

You know, I would like to us all to appreciate Kozaki's drawing of Azura, but no one's talking about that so...

If by cash cow you mean reducing her into fanservice to milk see my pun there, since her track record for MyCastle shenanigans in 4koma has a high number of fanservice and boobs, and one of her tracks for the drama is literally "I didn't have time to put my armor on". I have a bad feeling about that.

So are we going to place our bets on how fanservice-y it will be? In that case I volunteer to keep track of everyone's theories.

So, I mean...I don't consider this a victory for Fem!Corrin. If anything it's just dragging her down.

Well, it would be a victory for her fanboys, at least. Though that's probably not a good thing...

You know, if IS had the ability to see into the future like Mikoto and Anankos do, I wonder if F!Corrin's design wouldn't have been used for a non-avatar character so fanboys could properly waifu (and pet, in the Japanese version) her. But then would the fangirls use a less attractive avatar as a self-insert...? Though it really wouldn't make a difference because Azura would still be undeniably superior. What were those voters thinking, not making her number one?

Well, yeah. The term 'cash cow' is rarely, if ever used in a positive manner. I don't see it as so much a victory for Femui but a blow to Azura, the character that was clearly intended to be the cash cow for Fates (a second Lucina, if you will), based on how much IS shoved her down our throats.

You know, I would like to us all to appreciate Kozaki's drawing of Azura, but no one's talking about that so...

So are we going to place our bets on how fanservice-y it will be? In that case I volunteer to keep track of everyone's theories.

Well, it would be a victory for her fanboys, at least. Though that's probably not a good thing...

You know, if IS had the ability to see into the future like Mikoto and Anankos do, I wonder if F!Corrin's design wouldn't have been used for a non-avatar character so fanboys could properly waifu (and pet, in the Japanese version) her. But then would the fangirls use a less attractive avatar as a self-insert...? Though it really wouldn't make a difference because Azura would still be undeniably superior. What were those voters thinking, not making her number one?

I'll talk about that drawing, I loved it. Queen Azura for the win

The figma, the drama CD, or both? My bet is the Figma sticks her in that awful Nohr Noble getup and lets the fanboys do the rest, while the drama CDs will harken back to the cheap boob jokes of the 4koma and reduce her personality to the same giggly speshul moe ditz lots of fanworks do. In a worst case scenario, Leo and Xander's argument will revolve around her too.

If they had the ability to see the future, I like to think they would have focused on fixing the mistakes in Fates plot rather than giving Fem!Corrin's design to someone else. Azura is still better though

Well, yeah. The term 'cash cow' is rarely, if ever used in a positive manner. I don't see it as so much a victory for Femui but a blow to Azura, the character that was clearly intended to be the cash cow for Fates (a second Lucina, if you will), based on how much IS shoved her down our throats.

I don't really see it as a blow, since she's still very popular and is still actually in it, unlike the royal sisters.

The ones carefully designed to hit certain fetishes and safe tropes in order to appeal to as many people as possible and little else.

Oh, and Hinoka.

???

The figma, the drama CD, or both? My bet is the Figma sticks her in that awful Nohr Noble getup and lets the fanboys do the rest, while the drama CDs will harken back to the cheap boob jokes of the 4koma and reduce her personality to the same giggly speshul moe ditz lots of fanworks do. In a worst case scenario, Leo and Xander's argument will revolve around her too.

Yes. The Canon Waif can never be appreciated enough.

If Camilla is any indication, it'll probably be the artwork pose. It'll still be all boobs, butts and thigh holes, but I'll take that over the battle leotard any day.

A few of the track names certainly seem to suggest fanservice.

1. I’m so happy… I’m s-so embarrassed—!
  2. There was no time to wear my armour
  3. If you asked me, Niles looks like a bad guy

EDIT: Why did the post number them wrong? Eh well.

Edited by The DanMan

This does not bode well. It seems like all of my worst expectations will be true.

So, where are the Leo and Takumi nendoroids???

The Elise nendoroid is so cute, and the Female Corrin one too. Despite the fanservice surrounding her and being a pretty crappy character at times, I actually like her well enough. I liked the male version too--I'm shocked he didn't get at least one figure announced. The Azura art was nice, though for some reason, I thought her stance was awkward.

The language barrier (and apparent fanservice) prevents me from being super excited about drama cd, but I love that Hinata, Odin, and Niles have artwork!

If they had the ability to see the future, I like to think they would have focused on fixing the mistakes in Fates plot rather than giving Fem!Corrin's design to someone else. Azura is still better though

Ah, so I wasn't the only one who interpreted it as Queen Azura.

I was referring to the drama CD, but I'll also cover bets for the figma too. She'll probably wear her default Nohr Princess outfit like Phillius said (well, hopefully). But isn't the 4koma fanmade? I don't know if fanwork would influence official material.

It seems odd that none of the royal sisters are included, though Azura is included so it could be worse. At least we're getting character artwork out of it. Do you know what would be neat? If there was a drama CD that focused on the history of the previous generation of royals (Mikoto, Garon, Sumeragi, and Arete). Too bad that'll probably never happen though.

The Azura art was nice, though for some reason, I thought her stance was awkward.

She is a dancer, so I suppose that she would be pretty flexible.

Edited by Lightchao42

Ah, so I wasn't the only one who interpreted it as Queen Azura.

I was referring to the drama CD, but I'll also cover bets for the figma too. She'll probably wear her default Nohr Princess outfit like Phillius said (well, hopefully). But isn't the 4koma fanmade? I don't know if fanwork would influence official material.

It seems odd that none of the royal sisters are included, though Azura is included so it could be worse. At least we're getting character artwork out of it. Do you know what would be neat? If there was a drama CD that focused on the history of the previous generation of royals (Mikoto, Garon, Sumeragi, and Arete). Too bad that'll probably never happen though.

She has a crown and is in Valla, what else is she supposed to be?

It's fanmade, but it had approval from IntSys. So there's at least some degree of higher-up input.

I was really surprised by the lack of royal sisters, considering how high Camilla and Elise scored. I'd say maybe they're trying to spread out the love since both got figurines, but Hinoka and Sakura are getting passed over for Fem!Corrin, Takumi and Ryoma, so. At least Azura will be in it, and like you said more artwork is great. I love Niles' and Odin's poses.

That would be neat, but IntSys would never do that when they could continue making money off the royals. Probably for the best, otherwise it might contradict my fanfics

So, where are the Leo and Takumi nendoroids???

The Elise nendoroid is so cute, and the Female Corrin one too. Despite the fanservice surrounding her and being a pretty crappy character at times, I actually like her well enough. I liked the male version too--I'm shocked he didn't get at least one figure announced. The Azura art was nice, though for some reason, I thought her stance was awkward.

The language barrier (and apparent fanservice) prevents me from being super excited about drama cd, but I love that Hinata, Odin, and Niles have artwork!

Well, M!Corrin's getting the amiibo, which is more widely produced/known than the Figmas and Nenderoids. So it's not like he's completely screwed.

Really? Her stance doesn't look that awkward to me. Just like she's looking over her shoulder.

Oh no....

If it really does end up fanservice, I think it'll be the final confirmation IntSys does indeed see Fem!Corrin as nothing more than a sexy bait alternative to the default/canon M!Corrin.

Oh no....

If it really does end up fanservice, I think it'll be the final confirmation IntSys does indeed see Fem!Corrin as nothing more than a sexy bait alternative to the default/canon M!Corrin.

I really should be more annoyed by this, but IS can't do anything to me that the fandom hasn't already done.

YES AZURA IS OUR QUEEN. I'm not sure I like seeing her as Queen of Valla, though,

as I'm not fond of her and Corrin as a couple due to the incestuous implications. Then again, I also like the idea of Camilla being a queen even though she doesn't want to be, either.

Ah, yes, the drama CDs. It's really pushing m!Corrin-Hoshido and f!Corrin-Nohr, like the box art and the Heirs of Fate DLC, or at least it's what it feels like to me. I don't know whether I'd call it unfortunate or not if IS sees f!Corrin like the fans do her -- fanservice bait -- but I'm not going to complain if they give me another reason to dislike her. Corrin in general is a very annoying character, especially in Nohr for me, and I don't like them anyway. But f!Corrin annoys me more in the fandom (well, things outside of the actual game, made by fans or not).

As a female myself, I like the idea of f!Corrin, but not so much the character of either gender. Therefore, I do get a bit concerned over f!Corrin when it comes to marketing. I do prefer Nohr over Hoshido and Conquest is my favorite path in the game, but I also hate the female Nohr Noble outfit, which is of course fanservice-y. I don't like that she is treated this way in that regard, as while she is a "character," she and Robin represent player self-inserts, and I would never wear clothes with ass and boob windows. I personally find her default design aesthetically pleasing than male, though, which is why I think she gets more attention, but the fanservice could also very well be a part of it, which makes me upset.

Oh no....

As always, I'm going to be that guy and point out that this is nothing new; why do you think they have such similar designs, yet the female version has bloody thigh holes and fights in a battle leotard? Outside of the game she's got her Cipher cards where she's in the most bizarre positions or just doesn't wear pants.

As always, I'm going to be that guy and point out that this is nothing new; why do you think they have such similar designs, yet the female version has bloody thigh holes and fights in a battle leotard? Outside of the game she's got her Cipher cards where she's in the most bizarre positions or just doesn't wear pants.

Is it really a Leotard? I thought it was a thong since there is naked skin right above the belt line.

Is it really a Leotard? I thought it was a thong since there is naked skin right above the belt line.

Crappy bloom-lighting in game; it's a buckle of sorts.

At this rate, nothing can really phase me; all the signs point to Fates' really pushing the limit, so might as well just let it run it's course.

I honestly forgot about her dumb Cipher cards. Or maybe just repressed them from my mind like Camilla's.

Oh well. At least I'm starting to cross the line from "offended" to "I just don't care anymore". I'll leave positive female representation up to another company like Bioware.

Thanks! I'm glad you like them (I'm assuming, since you're still reading)! :)

Don't worry, I still read them!

I honestly forgot about her dumb Cipher cards. Or maybe just repressed them from my mind like Camilla's.

Oh well. At least I'm starting to cross the line from "offended" to "I just don't care anymore". I'll leave positive female representation up to another company like Bioware.

Speaking of which, wasn't there a F!Corrin card that had Jakob and Felicia dressing her up?

Why couldn't M!Corrin have a card like that? It would be nice to see him in a more casual situation.

Why couldn't M!Corrin have a card like that? It would be nice to see him in a more casual situation.

Fun Fact: F!Corrin has two more cipher cards than M!Corrin; F!Corrin has 11 cards while M!Corrin only has 9. They aren't unique cards however, just alternate artworks.

http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Corrin_(Female)_(Cipher)

http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Corrin_(Male)_(Cipher)

Edited by Phillius

Fun Fact: F!Corrin has two more cipher cards than M!Corrin; F!Corrin has 11 cards while M!Corrin only has 9. They aren't unique cards however, just alternate artworks.

http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Corrin_(Female)_(Cipher)

http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Corrin_(Male)_(Cipher)

So wouldn't that be not actually having more cipher cards, just more alternates? ​Yeah I know I'm too picky with schematics, shoot me

Those last two are new though, I didn't know they were getting (more) artwork. They're pretty nice.

Edited by Abvora

So wouldn't that be not actually having more cipher cards, just more alternates? ​Yeah I know I'm too picky with schematics, shoot me

Those last two are new though, I didn't know they were getting (more) artwork. They're pretty nice.

Maybe, but it's still two more cards that were drawn and are being printed, so I'd say it counts. The lack of symmetry is really bothering me.