Fire Emblem Fates/If 1st Anniversary + Figmas

carefreejules

Maybe, but it's still two more cards that were drawn and are being printed, so I'd say it counts. The lack of symmetry is really bothering me.

I just want them to stop giving these special snowflakes so many cards and focus on Gaiden or Magvel or even other characters to be honest since I'm sure every other lord except possibly Chrom or Marth will ever top those numbers now that I see them. I'm sure it could be nice to have alternates in your deck, but honestly no one needs so many of the same person.

Edited by Raguna

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want them to stop giving these special snowflakes so many cards and focus on Gaiden or Magvel or even other characters to be honest since I'm sure every other lord except possibly Chrom or Marth will ever top those numbers now that I see them. I'm sure it could be nice to have alternates in your deck, but honestly no one needs so many of the same person.

Not counting alternate art, Marth has 10, the Corrins have 7 each and Chrom has 6.

EDIT: Azura has 7 as well.

Edited by Phillius

I liked Sacred Stones but I don't think the Magvel set would sell that well, unless it's partnered with either strong cards or a popular other faction (red) for the other half of the set. Gaiden will even sell worse.

This is a card game, and not a collector's version of cards, they have to buff old factions to keep up with the new factions as not everybody plays the new factions.

Also, Azura and the Corrins aren't getting any cards in the two upcoming revelation sets (series 6/7).

Edited by Draxal

I liked Sacred Stones but I don't think the Magvel set would sell that well, unless it's partnered with either strong cards or a popular other faction (red) for the other half of the set. Gaiden will even sell worse.

This is a card game, and not a collector's version of cards, they have to buff old factions to keep up with the new factions as not everybody plays the new factions.

Also, Azura and the Corrins aren't getting any cards in the two upcoming revelation sets (series 6/7).

You have a point. In complete honesty, I only did a mini rant over the whole issue so I wish to apologize. In any case, the information you brought to me makes me question something. Why is there a need to power old factions if the new factions can all just be kept at the same level? I was also very aware of the fact it's a card game, but I felt like almost entire sets dedicated to specific versions of the same game felt rather odd.

Needless to say before we derail this topic. I am rather bummed these two games won't be getting any sort of representation in Cypher if what you believe is to be true.

Edited by Raguna

You have a point. In complete honesty, I only did a mini rant over the whole issue so I wish to apologize. In any case, the information you brought to me makes me question something. Why is there a need to power old factions if the new factions can all just be kept at the same level? I was also very aware of the fact it's a card game, but I felt like almost entire sets dedicated to specific versions of the same game felt rather odd.

Needless to say before we derail this topic. I am rather bummed these two games won't be getting any sort of representation in Cypher if what you believe is to be true.

Tell me about it. Magvel was the game that brought me in FE, so it holds a special place in my heart and I'm so sad IntSys seems to have completely forgotten about it.

But to get back on topic...do we have a release date for these figmas, Nendroids, and the Drama CDs?

1. I'm pretty sure we'd get representation of both factions, but IS is going to be very careful of how they do it. Only thing that is up for debate for me is if they make Gaiden a subfaction of Red, or a completely new faction. I'm leaning to subfaction as RD cards where shuffled into PoR, and Blazing Sword is shuffled into Binding Blade, but others differ on that.

2. Card games work differently. Cards that are powerful make sets desirable, so if a set doesn't have a lot of powerful cards, people won't buy the set as a card game which causes "a power creep", if a set doesn't change up how games play by changing the "meta"game, people won't buy that set. Of course exceptions occur with this game, as some certain cards are popular even if their cards are horrible gameplay wise.

Basically, let's say I have a red deck from the beginning of the game (which is still pretty strong). I had no reason to buy any other box sets until set 4, unless I wanted to build a separate deck. Set 4 had some cards that would probably replace cards in my original red deck, and thus I have an incentive to buy cards from that set.

Tell me about it. Magvel was the game that brought me in FE, so it holds a special place in my heart and I'm so sad IntSys seems to have completely forgotten about it.

But to get back on topic...do we have a release date for these figmas, Nendroids, and the Drama CDs?

Elise should be up for preorder in the next couple of months, scale might be up. Figma/Nendoroid Corrin is way off.
Edited by Draxal

Ah, so I wasn't the only one who interpreted it as Queen Azura.

I was referring to the drama CD, but I'll also cover bets for the figma too. She'll probably wear her default Nohr Princess outfit like Phillius said (well, hopefully). But isn't the 4koma fanmade? I don't know if fanwork would influence official material.

It seems odd that none of the royal sisters are included, though Azura is included so it could be worse. At least we're getting character artwork out of it. Do you know what would be neat? If there was a drama CD that focused on the history of the previous generation of royals (Mikoto, Garon, Sumeragi, and Arete). Too bad that'll probably never happen though.

She is a dancer, so I suppose that she would be pretty flexible.

Flexibility has to do with the muscles, not with bone structure. Twisting her spine like that while keeping her hips and legs straight looks very uncomfortable. I tried doing it and my back almost cracked lol. And I'm not even sure if I got the exact pose right.

I'm an artist myself and I know how hard it is to draw anatomy so I'm really not trying to bash a professional artist but....it's not uncommon to see female characters drawn in unnatural positions (written off as 'flexibility') so I guess I'm not surprised. -sigh- The piece itself though is very beautiful and I will still drool over the gorgeous detail.

EDIT: I don't know why I ignored this but I was so excited to see the character artwork as well. I just want official art for everyone so badly. Awakening's was so nice. I wish they would just announce official artwork for everyone, even if we have to wait for it, you know?

Edited by steshii

At this rate, nothing can really phase me; all the signs point to Fates' really pushing the limit, so might as well just let it run it's course.

The gift that keeps on giving. If anyone's into Dota 2, this sort of reminds me of the Shanghai Major; it just doesn't stop.

I honestly forgot about her dumb Cipher cards. Or maybe just repressed them from my mind like Camilla's.

Oh well. At least I'm starting to cross the line from "offended" to "I just don't care anymore". I'll leave positive female representation up to another company like Bioware.

When was the last time those guys made a good game though? I was also under the impression that all of their talent had bailed.

Flexibility has to do with the muscles, not with bone structure. Twisting her spine like that while keeping her hips and legs straight looks very uncomfortable. I tried doing it and my back almost cracked lol. And I'm not even sure if I got the exact pose right.

But dancers have to have a lot of muscle in their legs to do what they do. Arms and torso, too--it requires a lot of training to build up the kind of endurance and power to dance for hours on end. That's why she has such a high STR growth. So it's actually not at all out of the realm of possibility for her.

When was the last time those guys made a good game though? I was also under the impression that all of their talent had bailed.

Inquisition, aka their most recent game? I'm aware everyone has opinions, but just from a numbers view it sold extremely well and received high praise across the board. And while I haven't check recently, last I did all their talent was still around.

Edited by Abvora

I've honestly given up on Fates at this point, my opinion on everything is "burn it to the ground and start over, it's too late to try to salvage what we do have". The IS of today has no idea how to make characters that are interesting and likable outside of fanservice. They were hoping Azura would become big like Lucina was, but considering how hard they fucked up on Azura in-story (you know, the place where we'll be seeing the most of), I'm pretty sure they had no idea what they were doing.

I think the degree of Lucina's popularity and success was unexpected to IS, and when they tried to replicate it they fell flat on their face because they don't actually understand why people liked Lucina. I don't think they'll understand why characters like Takumi and Oboro did so well in character polls, either. IS, you can't make us like something just by pumping it out repeatedly. Stop making Fates Cipher cards, I want the rest of Elibe, and Magvel first.

That said, considering that f!Corrin more than likely had a huge push from her fangirls or from people who are horny for her (and the top 3 male characters are her most popular husbandos -- AND ALL OF THEM HER BROTHERS), the message IS gets is that this shit sells to a part of the crowd that is voting regularly and being vocal about it.

But seriously, I wonder if we're going to get any figures or other merchandise of Hoshidan characters.

Inquisition, aka their most recent game? I'm aware everyone has opinions, but just from a numbers view it sold extremely well and received high praise across the board. And while I haven't check recently, last I did all their talent was still around.

dNVvntX.gif

Well...I suppose everyone has their own opinions and that I shouldn't derail the thread more. However, critics liked Dragon Age 2 as well, and look how that game is remembered. Personally, I sold Inquisition the second I was done with it, and I hardly ever think about it when discussing video games because there's just nothing to say; the game is a big fat nothing. However, if you want to continue the discussion, you could PM me; this isn't the thread for that.

IS, you can't make us like something just by pumping it out repeatedly. Stop making Fates Cipher cards, I want the rest of Elibe, and Magvel first.

I hear you loud and clear Sunwoo, but first...have you ever imagined Camilla in this position?!

IS, you can't make us like something just by pumping it out repeatedly. Stop making Fates Cipher cards, I want the rest of Elibe, and Magvel first.

You do know that there's a lot of Elibe out/on the way, with Judgral coming in the next set?

Magvel is probably at the bottom of the list, due to how poorly it sold in Japan and is in general just overshadowed.

You do know that there's a lot of Elibe out/on the way, with Judgral coming in the next set?

Magvel is probably at the bottom of the list, due to how poorly it sold in Japan and is in general just overshadowed.

Yeah, but they still took their sweet, sweet time getting there. Hadn't Fates and Awakening have had at least two card sets released before Elibe and Jugdral got even one? And even then, it's only pretty much the FE6 cast -- and maybe 1/3 of them. Waiting for Rath and Shin to get cards will take a while. Meanwhile, doesn't Fates have yet another card set coming up?

I hear you loud and clear Sunwoo, but first...have you ever imagined Camilla in this position?!

Oh my god...lol

But dancers have to have a lot of muscle in their legs to do what they do. Arms and torso, too--it requires a lot of training to build up the kind of endurance and power to dance for hours on end. That's why she has such a high STR growth. So it's actually not at all out of the realm of possibility for her.

Oh I know, I know! I'm definitely not saying that dancers aren't strong and don't have muscles (actually it would've been nice if Azura was drawn with some...and you know, every other woman in the game). I was saying that muscles aside, human beings just can't be in certain poses due to things like...if the spine twists that way then the hips can't possibly be in that stiff position because the other bones will twist along with the spine. Argh it's hard to explain. Haha. There was this piece on Buzzfeed of real women trying to do ridiculous superhero poses drawn in comic books which is a good example.

But anyway, it's not like Azura is in some ridiculous bent over fan-servicey pose so it's whatever. (: As I said, the piece is still gorgeous so it's something I can look over. The artist could've just had trouble with the anatomy for all I know.

Also I have this weird love for when there's a logical explanation for why characters have certain growths as a unit so I love that you did that. lol.

Oh I know, I know! I'm definitely not saying that dancers aren't strong and don't have muscles (actually it would've been nice if Azura was drawn with some...and you know, every other woman in the game).

fe6.png

Azura is fucking ripped underneath that tight, revealing dress and panty-tights, I guess.

But anyway, it's not like Azura is in some ridiculous bent over fan-servicey pose so it's whatever. (:

Did somebody say Azura in some ridiculous bent over fan-servicey pose?

tumblr_o3gtslC9Or1ub6lf5o1_1280.jpg

You're welcome! From Kozaki himself!

Azura is fucking ripped underneath that tight, revealing dress and panty-tights, I guess.

Lol I'm aware of her Str growth. So is it like in the cartoons when a character rips their clothes off and suddenly they're freaking ripped?

And lmao holy hell. Looks like she was raising her back this whole time from that birthday pose and finally made it in time for the anniversary. I've never even seen that drawing.

While Azura probably is pretty flexible, that comment wasn't entirely serious. I guess that Kozaki just has issues with anatomy sometimes, just like with F!Corrin's two left feet. Though I don't think that Azura's pose was meant to be particularly 'sexy' anyway.

That would be neat, but IntSys would never do that when they could continue making money off the royals. Probably for the best, otherwise it might contradict my fanfics

Eh, probably. But I will never rest until all your fanfics are confirmed to be noncanon, mwahahahaha. Besides the Corrin/Azura parts anyway.

Corrin once accidentally saw Azura bathing, and he said that she had an eight-pack. That Azura was shredded.

My theory is that muscles in the FE universe, for women, are inversely proportional to one's strength. Ergo, Kagero, Charlotte, and Azura are some of the strongest characters, while Rinkah's strength is...

tumblr_o3gtslC9Or1ub6lf5o1_1280.jpg

I wonder how Azura would feel about this. Now everyone in the army knows how ample Azura's posterior is. How will she ever go out in public again, with everyone trying to see if her rear is really that big?

Edited by Lightchao42

Lol I'm aware of her Str growth. So is it like in the cartoons when a character rips their clothes off and suddenly they're freaking ripped?

And lmao holy hell. Looks like she was raising her back this whole time from that birthday pose and finally made it in time for the anniversary. I've never even seen that drawing.

Of course! And Xander and Ryouma get thrown around by Elise and Sakura during sibling scuffles.

I'm pretty sure her arm fat went to her buttocks...

My theory is that muscles in the FE universe, for women, are inversely proportional to one's strength. Ergo, Kagero, Charlotte, and Azura are some of the strongest characters, while Rinkah's strength is...

Right. I've got another theory.

I wonder how Azura would feel about this. Now everyone in the army knows how ample Azura's posterior is. How will she ever go out in public again, with everyone trying to see if her rear is really that big?

I'm pretty sure everyone in Fates is used to seeing butts everywhere; few women seem to want to wear pants, and Azura's dress is damn tight and somewhat revealing, so people are probably just numb to it by now.

Maybe that's why they get turned on by people fighting instead and fall in love as a result; it's the only thing that gets them excited anymore. Sad, so sad...

While Azura probably is pretty flexible, that comment wasn't entirely serious. I guess that Kozaki just has issues with anatomy sometimes, just like with F!Corrin's two left feet. Though I don't think that Azura's pose was meant to be particularly 'sexy' anyway.

Yeah let's go with that one since it makes me feel better about myself. (:

In all seriousness and to stay on topic, those two drama cds with Hinata/Oboro and Niles/Odin on the cover gives me hope for official art to be released for all characters. That's been like my one dream for a while now. That's all I really want tbh.

Edited by steshii

Yeah, but they still took their sweet, sweet time getting there. Hadn't Fates and Awakening have had at least two card sets released before Elibe and Jugdral got even one? And even then, it's only pretty much the FE6 cast -- and maybe 1/3 of them. Waiting for Rath and Shin to get cards will take a while. Meanwhile, doesn't Fates have yet another card set coming up?

It's not really "Awakening" as much as it is "Akaneia"- which Japan has a massive nostalgia boner for. The TCG itself is made for the Japanese audience- it makes sense that they'd focus on what's classic and what's "new".

And Fates is what's new. It also has a stupidly large cast of characters- it only makes sense that they'd produce them while they're most relevant. Tellius has gotten a fair bit of love, and they've started on Elibe and are beginning to get into Judgral (which is a half-set with Fates, since that's what seems to be bothering you). Regardless, they're selling well enough- stuff from older games included.

Coming from somebody who used the Cipher representation argument in the past, it's no use complaining. It's also not some scheme to ignore the majority of the series- it's simple business.They showed off Eliwood and Lyn cards fairly recently, if that helps.

Honestly, to not further derail this thread I'd welcome a PM if you wish to continue this.

Edited by The DanMan

I'm pretty sure her arm fat went to her buttocks...

Silly Thane, that's not how anatomy work. Muscle is muscle, and fat is fat. Azura probably stays in shape via frequent dance practice, which is likely exhausting and might explain her surprisingly large appetite in her supports with Xander.

I'm pretty sure everyone in Fates is used to seeing butts everywhere; few women seem to want to wear pants, and Azura's dress is damn tight and somewhat revealing, so people are probably just numb to it by now.

But that doesn't distract from how big her rump is. Even Camilla is probably jealous. Though considering past games and Layla, Azura's dress is largely tame by dancer standards, so her garb is probably considered rather modest in comparison.

Yeah let's go with that one since it makes me feel better about myself. (:

In all seriousness and to stay on topic, those two drama cds with Hinata/Oboro and Niles/Odin on the cover gives me hope for official art to be released for all characters. That's been like my one dream for a while now. That's all I really want tbh.

I think that everyone* does have artwork, but we just haven't seen most of it. Maybe Fates will one day get an artbook** so we can see all of it and more? I still want to know how some of these outfits work...

*Well, all the playable characters, anyway. Maybe the previous generation of royals, too.

**Not counting the one with the Special Edition, which was intriguing but rather short.