Could radiant dawn's music actually work with a sprite based game?

Dinar87

Could radiant dawn's music actually work with a sprite based game?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Well...could it?

• Yes
    • No

I'm just wondering, since my game will have a mix of the GBA graphics and radiant dawn's music style, whether it will fit together nicely or whether the styles would clash. I really hope not!

Also, if not, how CAN it work besides obviously having the graphics be fully 3d like in radiant dawn?

Edited by Dinar87

The music files would have to be compressed to be able to play on the GBA, but yeah it can work. I think the Dream of Five ROM hack used some Path of Radiance songs.

No I mean an all new game with gba like graphics and radiant dawn's soundtrack style on steam. Would the styles clash or would that be something you guys would want?

Tbh I think not. Maybe it's because I feel the Tellius saga to be darker than the GBAs vibrant and colourful theme despite SS being zombie-esque

I don't see why it's unacceptable to have anything bright and colourful have some darkness to it. Literally, what is the reasoning behind this? Is this just a case of stereotypes where anything bright and cutesy is automatically inherently childish?

Edited by Dinar87

FE6 graphics are probably the least bright of the GBA games and would fit the best with a darker soundtrack. Seriously though, FE6 has the best GBA graphics, no reason to pick anything else

FE6 graphics are probably the least bright of the GBA games and would fit the best with a darker soundtrack. Seriously though, FE6 has the best GBA graphics, no reason to pick anything else

Oh I'd make sure to make the graphics darker as a whole to suit the more intense atmosphere the game would have.

I don't see why it's unacceptable to have anything bright and colourful have some darkness to it. Literally, what is the reasoning behind this? Is this just a case of stereotypes where anything bright and cutesy is automatically inherently childish?

Uh? What is this response? You feel offended or something? It wasn't my intention, just fyi.

It's because the GBA ost feels good in its game, I personally don't think Clash, Devoted, On Glory's Wings, etc., will be as good if you play them in GBA graphics, because Tellius ost is different and fits the game, the speed of animations, the flashiness of the moves, etc.

Edited by Quintessence

Uh? What is this response? You feel offended or something? It wasn't my intention, just fyi.

It's because the GBA ost feels good in its game, I personally don't think Clash, Devoted, On Glory's Wings, etc., will be as good if you play them in GBA graphics, because Tellius ost is different and fits the game, the speed of animations, the flashiness of the moves, etc.

Sorry if you thought I was attacking you. That wasn't my intention. I was simply questioning the whole "cartoon y looking stuff=can't be dark whatsoever" logic you appeared to possess. Anyways, while it's perfectly fine if you don't like it I've decided I'm going to stick with the style after all as the only thing I'm decent at is pixel art...not making 3d models. I just got worried that, if everyone had your opinion my work would basically be deemed as ugly by the majority of people.

Of course, I'm getting kind of worried that people will hate the style. Nothing against you personally but, if people don't like it, I'm effectively screwed as, besides pixel art, I'm not even half decent at anything else to do with game design.

Edited by Dinar87

Well that's not entirely true, you already know of things that you do like in games, and things you don't like. That puts you effectively ahead of someone that's never played a game. Just take a step back and think about why you like and don't like these things and you're already going to be able to design a game.