Dumb Stuff We Thought As Kids

Rezzy

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Puhuhuhuhuhu

Dear sir, while the existence of ghosts and aliens may be questionable, Merry Red Santa just cannot exist.Otherwise, there would've been elves scattered in the North Pole,possibly discovered years ago.

...I think...

you must be really fun at parties

In French, language and tongue are written the same way (langue).

I remember at some point, I've heard a lady speaking English to her daughter and I asked to my mom why I couldn't understand what she was saying.

My mom explained to me that they were speaking English, a different language.

But because both words in French are the same, I thought I would have to remove my current tongue and add a ''English one'' in my mouth for speaking English and ''switch'' between the 2 of them depending which language I would like to speak.

Yea, I don't even know what I was thinking.

Edited by Nym

Another thing I remembered is that when I was a kid, I thought yo-yos had special powers that can be used while playing with it, like in those Chinese/Japanese shows where there were literally competitions on who can keep spinning their yo-yos, and show off awesome super powers.Too bad I don't remember the name of the show...

Another thing I remembered is that when I was a kid, I thought yo-yos had special powers that can be used while playing with it, like in those Chinese/Japanese shows where there were literally competitions on who can keep spinning their yo-yos, and show off awesome super powers.Too bad I don't remember the name of the show...

They're not exactly yo yos, but maybe you're thinking of bey blade.

^nope, not bey blade. The show I'm talking about wasn't exactly a cartoon, more like some drama/live action show, kind of like kamen rider, you could say, except with more yo-yos.

I was upset that my sister was older than me, but thought that I would catch up to her eventually.

As the older one, I can say as you get older, the older sister envies the younger the more you age.

I called my mom middle aged when she was about 30. Now, I am that age.

As the older one, I can say as you get older, the older sister envies the younger the more you age.

I called my mom middle aged when she was about 30. Now, I am that age.

Why do you say that? The older ones get all the nice things first, don't they?

Once you get to a certain age, not really. I'm older than my sister, and she got married, had a baby, and got a house, all before me, with three years of youth advantage. As the older one, you're expected to hit all the milestones first. And even though you shouldn't care, you still do, and doesn't help when people ask, subtly or no, why she beat you to it.

That depends; certainly, sometimes the older one is more likely to get new clothes and not hand-me-downs, for example. But in other cases, the younger children benefit from aging parents whose financial stability is likely to increase with age. As the eldest of 6, I shared a bedroom for longer than my siblings. I had fewer new toys and I also 'benefitted' from a younger, more attentive and therefore stricter mom. My youngest siblings got away with soooo much! For example, I wasn't permitted gaming consoles growing up, but after I'd left home my parents were too tired to continue to enforce that rule and my siblings have had consoles & phones.

The last birthday that really means anything is 25, and just for insurance rates.

I've asked my husband to put 'happy 29th again' on my next birthday cake

. ;)

The last birthday that really means anything is 25, and just for insurance rates.

That's not true. Aside from things that most of us won't care about like running for certain forms of office, various benefits tend to set in at certain years.

My dad gets ridiculous prices on train tickets now that he's a senior (normally it'd cost him something like 6 to 8 bucks to get to nyc, but I believe it costs him something like 1-2 bucks on the train. He rides in every day, so that's a tidy sum). Not only that, but you can buy tickets as a senior on the train without incurring an extra fee (normally there's a $5 extra fee if you don't have your ticket from a machine if you're on the train). I believe he also can get discount ferry tickets if he wants to ride in style.