What happens to Plegia after the game?

So Gangrel goes halfway through and Validar becomes king instead in typical evil villain nation fashion.

Then he dies too.

Robin's ending doesn't say anything about ruling the place so what happens? Does it just fall into anarchy? Does Ferox or Ylisse take over? There's no logical successor besides Robin.

The thought just popped to mind and now I'm really confused so ????

I believe that's the general problem with the world building in Awakening because you don't really know what happens with Plegia.

It does however still exist by the end of the game as Tharja's solo ending tells us that she returns to Plegia. As for who is running the country now? We will most likely never know or why they're still a country in the first place by this point.

Edited by Raguna

If the entire family dies or the king and queen die with no heir they usually choose a close relative. Which is probably what they did.

Either that or Robin (when you choose to let Chrom kill Grima) probably becomes ruler.

I headcanon the spotpass paralouges are canon, so Gangrel and Emmeryn wind up ruling the country together.

In runs where I don't have those happen, I headcanon Tharja and Henry bring democracy to this truly fucked up place.

Makalov summed up part of it pretty well. A not insignificant portion of Plegia's population was voluntarily sacrificed to Grima. And while the Spotpass paralogues are a nice way to retcon this whole issue, I don't think they carry a lot of legitimacy, nor do they make sense.

But hey, it's Awakening. And Awakening has never been very strong on legitimacy or making sense.

Considering that the country was left for two years without protection against the undead apocalypse before being rounded up as human sacrifices for good measure, my guess is that Plegia is essentially empty now. The only survivors are probably some refugees who made it over the border. I suppose some towns may have managed to build a functioning militia. But considering that Plegia lies in a desert and that those towns would essentially be cut off from trade, I don't think they could have lasted that long.

Edited by BrightBow

If I remember right, before Validar showed up, Plegia descended into anarchy. Neither Ylisse or Ferox did anything to support the country then, or establish a government. They very much left the country to rot and this is what led to the people becoming desperate and turning Grimleal.

It is very likely that this scenario would play out again after Validar bites it. History is doomed to repeat, as they say.

Validar doesn't die. No one dies in Awakening. :Kappa:

I was about to say maybe Validar has a child, then I realized that would be Robin. So probably them if they are still alive

Edited by DarkDestr0yer61

Well I always head cannoned that after Robin defeats Grima (I never can make myself have Chrom do it) They regain all their memories find out what happened to their mom and then because they see what happened to their home land and people either take the throne themselves or find a new ruler among the people left after the wars and Grima.

Technically Robin is the heir to the throne unless you want to believe Gangrell reclaims the throne after being MIA for like 3 years. In all likeliness if he tried to reclaim the throne he would be branded as a warmongering coward and there would be a revolution or a coup.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably as with BrightBow said. Possible additional outcomes:

- the leftover land being divided by Ferox and Ylisse, or

- Robin eventually becoming the viceroy of Plegia under Chrom's administration. (Since he survives either way.)

• 2 weeks later...

Queen Robin and Chrom, the exalted, rule both Plegia and Ylisse with Chrom being the consort to Queen Robin. Day to day operations are managed by The Elder Princess Lucina. In a meeting with her time displaced parents, the Elder Princess Lucina agrees to accept the regency of Plegia and to serve as its crown princess while her "sister" the Junior Princess Lucina will ascend to Exalted of Ylisse.

Edited by kcirrot

The entire culture is deemed heretical to the gods, and Chrom's Archanean Empire proceeds to slaughter every last man, woman and child left in Plegia, as well as till their soil with salt, for being a "slave to evil". Lord knows it's not like we're ever told their populace is anything OTHER than one-dimensionally evil death cultists.

Edited by Alandrage

The entire culture is deemed heretical to the gods, and Chrom's Archanean Empire proceeds to slaughter every last man, woman and child left in Plegia, as well as till their soil with salt, for being a "slave to evil". Lord knows it's not like we're ever told their populace is anything OTHER than one-dimensionally evil death cultists.

well there was that one warrior dude and tons of people off screen.

but i think we really needed more on screen proof of that stuff, other then one chapter that was rendered meaningless because em's alive.

The Avatar's ending is always left ambiguous because they are your character, so the writers leave it up to you to imagine what they would do after the game's events. (Their amnesia is also a way of doing this, making them a 'blank slate' for you to project your imagination/self into.)

So really, I think it's up to you as the player whether or not your Avatar would attempt to rebuild Plegia as its new ruler. As for Gangrel, he definitely would not be the one to assume this task, as in his default ending it's made clear that he dies for one reason or another shortly after the game's events. (Unless of course your Avatar marries him, in which case it's implied during their support convos that they will eventually try to rebuild Plegia together.)

And even if the Avatar chooses not to return to Plegia, I'd imagine the country would slowly rebuild itself, whether by disorganised forces slowly bringing together some kind of new system, of with outside help (I'm sure Chrom would feel compelled to help out his neighbouring country if it was in need of it.) Maybe even some surviving military figure takes command as the new ruler. Who can say! All I know is that not all Plegians were Grimleal, and not all of them could have been present at the Dragon's Table during Grima's rising.

Edited by moxis

• 4 weeks later...