The Nickname Blazing Sword (spoilers)

The Binding Blade isn't actually one of the Legendary Weapons, it's its own thing more or less, a weapon in a class above them Hartmut used alongside his actual legendary weapon Eckesachs (or however it's spelled).

In other words, Durandal doesn't fling fire for the same reason Maltet doesn't bring blizzards and Armads doesn't bring thunderstorms. It's an elemental theme naming thing.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Point taken. Suppose this is why I should actually play full the game.

But it's so hard to move forward after chapter 3

Anyone who has played fe7 knows Hector would never lose to Zephiel. Hector has enough strength, speed, skill and defense to win hands down

Edited by quasimopho13

Point taken. Suppose this is why I should actually play full the game.

But it's so hard to move forward after chapter 3

Anyone who has played fe7 knows Hector would never lose to Zephiel. Hector has enough strength, speed, skill and defense to win hands down

If Shanna/Thany and Chad are still alive and you're on Chapter 4, then have Shanna dump Chad on the fort in the south, gaining a ton of EXP off those pirates.

Regarding Hector's death, this was directly call-forwarded in FE7 quite a bit. Eliwood/Hector A support and Hector Chapter 30: The Berzerker both do this. Hector is also 20 years older and looks more than that not unlike Eliwood, so he's also past his prime and possibly slightly ill.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Yeah, I know. He took the Armads and came to terms with the consequences.

Though he looked healthy in the beginning of fe6.

It's not the gameplay that's the problem. It's that it's physically impossible to defeat Hector.

Yeah, I know. He took the Armads and came to terms with the consequences.

Though he looked healthy in the beginning of fe6.

It's not the gameplay that's the problem. It's that it's physically impossible to defeat Hector.

Apparently not. Assuming FE6 Hector with a Silver Axe because I'm being generous, and FE6 Zephiel on Hard with Exaccus, we get:

Name    Class   Lv      HP      Str     Skl     Spd     Luck    Def     Res     Move    Con
Zephiel	King	20	71	24	20	14	15	22	24	5	17
Hector	General	20	43	18	20	10	15	30	15	5	20
Exaccus has 15 Mgt, 15 Wgt (so no Atk speed penalty), 90 accuracy and 5 crit.

Silver axes have 15 mgt, 12 wgt (no attack speed penalty), 55 accuracy and 0 Crit.

Hector's damage output is therefore:

18 + [(15 - 1) x 1] + 0 = 32

- 22 = 10 damage per hit. (30 damage with crit, though this will never happen.)

His accuracy is:

[55 + (20 x 2) + (15 / 2) + 0 + -10] = 92

- [(14 x 2) + 15 + 0 + 0] = 49 hit chance overall

His crit is:

0 + (20 /2) + 0 + 0 =10

-15 +0 = -5, rounds to 0.

He also gets doubled, but now for what Zephiel can do:

Damage -

24 + [(15 + 1) x 1] + 0 = 40

- 30 = 10 damage per hit too. What are the odds.

Accuracy -

90 + (20 x 2) + (15/2) + 0 + 10 = 147

- (10 x 2) + 15 = 112 hit overall, rounds to 100 hit. Zephiel will not miss.

Crit -

5 + (20 / 2) = 15

- 15 = 0, Hector is just lucky enough to not get critted.

So Zephiel, with more HP, not relying on chance with hitting, and doubling, pretty much wrecks Hector.

Not to mention Hector was weakened after taking out a bunch of mooks.

This was done with FE6 calculations, of course.

Edit also the only difference between Normal Zephiel and Hard Zephiel is 1 HP.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

If Shanna/Thany and Chad are still alive and you're on Chapter 4, then have Shanna dump Chad on the fort in the south, gaining a ton of EXP off those pirates.

Regarding Hector's death, this was directly call-forwarded in FE7 quite a bit. Eliwood/Hector A support and Hector Chapter 30: The Berzerker both do this. Hector is also 20 years older and looks more than that not unlike Eliwood, so he's also past his prime and possibly slightly ill.

The years have not been kind. Hector looks way older than 37.

The years have not been kind. Hector looks way older than 37.

Yeah, he aged a lot in the five year gap between the epilogue scene where he and Eliwood discuss Desmond's assassination and FE6.

The woes of being the Marquess of the most powerful territory in your country, eh? Not an easy job he was saddled with due to Uther's death late in FE7.

Yeah, but fe7 Hector would be fine.

But this isn't FE7 Hector. It's a Hector who's 20 years older, been living under a lot of stress (in FE7, Hector says Uther let him fool around a lot and he had to cut it after he took the position of Marquess Ostia), and again, might be somewhat ill (not to Eliwood's extent, though) due to looking much older than 37. It's perfectly reasonable that Zephiel would destroy him, considering all this and the fact he's been dealing with Bernese soldiers for a while and thus already a bit weakened.

So overall he loses plot and story wise.

Actually, it's Narcian who killed Hector, not Zephiel. And he'd still wreck Hector because Runesword.

Hector wasn't already dead, though. The fact that Hector was able to wipe the floor with a Bernese contingent of Wyvern Riders AND stand up to Narcian for probably an extended period of time speaks volumes of Hector's combat prowess even long past his prime. And given that Elibean Nights isn't canon, I can only guess that Hector scared the shit out of a lot of people when he took the throne, for various reasons.

Actually, it's Narcian who killed Hector, not Zephiel. And he'd still wreck Hector because Runesword.

Rereading the chapter, it seems based on what Hector says that he lost to one of the War Dragons in addition to the soldiers (and you're right about Zephiel, my bad, misremembered).

While in terms of gameplay, they're pretty easy to beat, that's because the player gets several OP Dragonslaying weapons and their low Res, which Hector and his men couldn't take advantage of. So it makes sense they were destroyed by those things.

• 3 weeks later...

Huh. I always remembered it as Zephiel defeating hector. I guess it's because Zephiel shows up and is an important figure of the chapter, thus changing the way I remember it. Psychology, everyone.

Anyway, Hector's death, while still sad, is quite important. It tells the player what kind of force Roy and his companions are up against, (Some General, as well as an army, could beat hector - who is portrayed as very powerful) and it marks the turning point of Roy's overall role in the story. Not just a helping boy, but he takes the task of leading an army under his belt with such a devastating force baring his path. (see what I did there?)