Love that Cornbread

So I see plenty of valid criticism for Corrin/Kamui, whether male or female, and I can't deny people have a point. But I've had my share of much, much worse protagonists in my gaming experience and honestly? I like Corrin's design, I like being able to turn into a dragon, and some of their quotes from different supports (or in early birthright, at the eternal stairway and fort jinya) are hilarious.

Is there anything gameplay/support/story/other that you like about them?

I love Cornbread's design.

While I do think the male design is a bit plain, overall, I do like it—whenever I get my hands in the drawing mood, I do plan to revamp it into a dragoon-based design with a proper dragon-inspired helmet because damn it we should have had another lance-using lord by now because I like Lancer classes. I may be one of few people that appreciate the female design; particularly, the exposed thigh areas. It's a bit odd to explain but the exposed bit of armor create a sort of visual balance to me; it's the same reason why I prefer the female Nohr noble (or the Nohr Noble design in general) over the Hoshido Noble. Must have something to do with my aversion to heat...Huh.

I may be one of few people that appreciate the female design; particularly, the exposed thigh areas. It's a bit odd to explain but the exposed bit of armor create a sort of visual balance to me.

I agree, I've always loved the exposed thighs aspect and I felt like it complimented the design nicely. I liked Corrin's appearance and I liked the voice acting and some of their quotes, I just thought that their character was a bit too ... predictable or not well thought out. Or perhaps complying to a specific character trope/personality a bit too much. However, I feel like this is a problem present with other characters as well.

I just thought that their character was a bit too ... predictable or not well thought out. Or perhaps complying to a specific character trope/personality a bit too much. However, I feel like this is a problem present with other characters as well.

I believe your spot on since it's obvious Corncob isn't the only one complying to their base archetype. I just believe since so much focus is given to Corncob, their issues are more flat out noticeable since no non-royal except Corncob's retainers and possibly Scarlet ever get more than four speaking lines in the main story.

All I can say is that there was potential for something, but nothing really came to fruition due to how deeply the game wanted to keep a status quo.

Edited by Raguna

Their personality is pretty generic but the playstyle of the class is creative. I like the defensive aspect of the Dragonstone and think it would be cool if there were more types (like a ranged one). The outfit design is mostly solid but I'm going to have to side with the majority and say the Femui design would be better without the thigh holes.

I love how diverse Corrin is gameplay wise and the way they get to other classes isn't broken like in Awakening.

Revelation Corrin is basically Robin tbh.

Anyway, I guess I like their sword?

Fem corin is a fun mix of absurd acrobatics and amusing eye candy, honestly the whole character falls into the "So bad its good" category for me. I genuinely enjoy using good ole cornbread as a lord.

Edited by joshcja

They exist.

I don't care for their personality or over the topness in how much the game pushes for them as some messiah, but I loved the concept and the classes are probably my favorite Lord classes.

Hoshido Noble is my favorite on the girls though. I keep my MCorn as a Nohr Noble.

Must have something to do with my aversion to heat...Huh.

I dunno about this just because I cannot take the heat or like it but I still prefer Hoshido Noble. Probably because I'm a weaboo?

Not the least favorite protag I've had to deal with, not my top fave either. Generally speaking, I found him/her interesting in the story... but overshadowed by others in the supports, where s/he ultimately seems to get saddled with a less flashy characterization compared to support partners.

Kinda... middle of the road as far as Fates characters, FE protags, and general protags go for me.

I adore the f!Corrin Nohr Princess line though. Totally my favorite class line design set~~

Sorta seconding what's already been said, I find m!Corrin's off somehow. Maybe that's just comparing it to f!Corrin's, which is more embellished. If it had just been m!Corrin, maybe I would've had less problem with it, who knows.

I dunno about this just because I cannot take the heat or like it but I still prefer Hoshido Noble. Probably because I'm a weaboo?

I don't know what the hell it is with me and heat. I literally begin to malfunction when I feel too hot, which is moderately warm to other people. I have to wear summer clothing in the middle of winter or I'll die lol Just looking at the Hoshido Noble outfit makes me fan my collar. You know, if I were in game, I'd probably just rock the bath towel.

But, yeah, it's all about preference.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

I love M!Corrin's design (Fem!Corrin's stupid over-the-top fanservice outfits can die in a fire). Nohr Noble and Hoshido Noble both look super classy, albinos rock, and I don't even mind the dorky hair since he himself is kind of a dork.

Personality-wise, I'm actually pretty fond of him, though only as a male since he ends up flipping around gender stereotypes--female is just another generic happy princess. He's not the best Fire Emblem lord, but he's far from the worst, and I'm more sad at the wasted potential than anything else.

And we all know how dope Corrin is at gameplay.

I'll agree that M!Kamui's design is much better, both for the lack of pointless fanservice and because it's not as needlessly "busy" as F!Kamui's design thanks to the lack of thigh gaps and cleavage windows. I like both of his promotion options for aesthetic reasons, but I'm more biased towards Hoshido Noble.

I love M!Corrin's design (Fem!Corrin's stupid over-the-top fanservice outfits can die in a fire).

I'll agree that M!Kamui's design is much better, both for the lack of pointless fanservice and because it's not as needlessly "busy" as F!Kamui's design thanks to the lack of thigh gaps and cleavage windows.

When you're are referring to the fanservice, are you referring to the promoted options only or even the base class? Because I don't really think the base class is very fanservice-y. I will agree that the F!Nohr Noble is definitely way over the top fanservice. It also make me very uncomfortable having Kana in that class, Paladin and Dark Knight (And probably a few others).

However, if I'm remembering right, F!Hoshido Noble has no fanservice on it, or at least much less than F!Nohr Noble.

Edited by TrueEm

When you're are referring to the fanservice, are you referring to the promoted options only or even the base class? Because I don't really think the base class is very fanservice-y. I will agree that the F!Nohr Noble is definitely way over the top fanservice. It also make me very uncomfortable having Kana in that class, Paladin and Dark Knight (And probably a few others).

However, if I'm remembering right, F!Hoshido Noble has no fanservice on it, or at least much less than F!Nohr Noble.

F!Nohr Noble mostly, but also the completely unnecessary thigh-holes and panty shot of the base class.

F!Hoshido Noble also has fanservice; it still has the leotard (just hidden behind a loincloth) and a cleavage shot (just not to the extent of Nohr Noble).

And yeah, I know what you mean. If given the choice I'd never promote Kana at all and keep her in that cute armored skirt.

F!Nohr Noble mostly, but also the completely unnecessary thigh-holes and panty shot of the base class.

F!Hoshido Noble also has fanservice; it still has the leotard (just hidden behind a loincloth) and a cleavage shot (just not to the extent of Nohr Noble).

And yeah, I know what you mean. If given the choice I'd never promote Kana at all and keep her in that cute armored skirt.

I think it being behind the lioncloth is fine honestly. It's just not as in your face as Nohr Noble. Same goes for the base class, it's not super in your face, and I think it's actually well done fanservice.

I always just use the Offspring Seal on Kana and then go to Trueblade since omfg she's so cute!!! A boring character, but adorable none the less.

I really don't like the female Nohr Noble outfit, honestly. Something about it just rubs me the wrong way, and it just isn't quite up to my tastes.

Other than that though, I do like Corrin's design and such, even though I pretty much always play as an Avatar that doesn't look like them, and usually Heart Seal early to one of the regular classes. I make Kana a Noble class usually though, and I do like the classes. I only wish Nohr Noble's tome animation wasn't so bland.

As for personality, eh. Typical goody two-shoes.

I don't know what the hell it is with me and heat. I literally begin to malfunction when I feel too hot, which is moderately warm to other people. I have to wear summer clothing in the middle of winter or I'll die lol Just looking at the Hoshido Noble outfit makes me fan my collar. You know, if I were in game, I'd probably just rock the bath towel.

But, yeah, it's all about preference.

I can understand. I get super sick in heat, which is why I'm inside. And I hate going outside, I roast and all of my clothes are dark.

Which is a damn shame because Nohr Noble is more my 'aesthetic' basically. It's why I do really like being able to use it on MCorrin. I think he looks nice in it.

I get super sick in heat, which is why I'm inside.

My apartment gets hotter than outside right now because of how damn hot it is here in Seattle... Its still sweltering here, and it's been dark with no clouds for like 4 hours. We have all the windows open and like 4 fans running.

I WISH this apartment was cooler than outside...

We really need a new AC.

Edited by TrueEm

I am also quite fond of Corrin, actually. Even though I will admit that him following through with Azura's suggestion on Conquest may be pretty stupid, but Corrin lived a sheltered life, was always locked up in a fortress and only knew people they could trust, namely Jakob, Felicia, Flora (to an extent), their Nohrian siblings and Gunter. So them being so trusting of others is actually very justifiable, as is their naiveté.

I headcanon that Azura was evil all along and wanted to get revenge on the Hoshidans for banishing her after the war started, so she used Corrin's trust in her to her advantage, so maybe that 'stains' my picture of them a bit.

Design-wise, they are my absolute favourite lords in the series. M!Corrin looks badass and F!Corrin makes you wish that you could marry her when you play as a male. I fully admit that I was honestly sad about the fact that the player character of the opposite gender didn't appear in the game as another member of your party. Pokémon has done that since Gen 3, why can't Fire Emblem do it?!?

Er... well, enough ranting. My point is, that I like both M!Corrin and F!Corrin's designs in both their standard class and as Hoshido/Nohr Nobles. I will fully admit that I like the standard class most out of all of them, but Nohr and Hoshido Nobles still look pretty badass in both cases.

I am a big fan of dragons,since spyro was my first game. I always love the astehtic of a man who can transfor into a dragon, but they also added in the Lance arm and jaw cannon,and that was amazing. Probably my favorite lord design for male. I wish I could use the smash design for female corrin so she doesn't go out in battle with her underwear exposed.