Why are all the characters so Tsundere?

Alandrage

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It feels like I can't go three supports without someone getting jealous or angry and then apologizing for it later.

That doesn't specifically define a Tsundere. The only true Tsunderes in the game, to my knowledge, are Keaton and Selena.

Could've fooled me. Whenever I read his dialogue, I don't see a person trying to grow from under one's shadow. I just see a graceless brat who likes yelling at people.

Edited by Alandrage

Hm... Whose supports are you reading?

I...can't remember. I just remember how a lot of the support conversations I read between characters had people being jealous, distrusting, or apologetic.

I...can't remember. I just remember how a lot of the support conversations I read between characters had people being jealous, distrusting, or apologetic.

Try reading his support with Azura and Oboro then.

No, I think the joke with Keaton was that he's literally a mutt.

Him being arbitrarily Tsundere really doesn't fit with that kind of characterization, and feels shoehorned into him. There really doesn't feel like a connect between "digs up bones and rolls around in mud" and "I-it's not like I like you or anything, b-baka!"

Try reading his support with Azura and Oboro then.

Why? Edited by Alandrage

No, I think the joke with Keaton was that he's literally a mutt.

Him being arbitrarily Tsundere really doesn't fit with that kind of characterization, and feels shoehorned into him. There really doesn't feel like a connect between "digs up bones and rolls around in mud" and "I-it's not like I like you or anything, b-baka!"

I think the thing with Keaton being "a mutt" is less about Keaton as a character and more about the Garou race as a whole.

Besides, from my memory, the most dog-like thing Keaton does is wag his tail and collect random things.

Something about putting baka in an english sentence triggers me...

Here is Wikipedia's definition of a Tsundere:

Tsundere (ツンデレ ?, pronounced [tsɯndeɽe]) is a Japanese term for a character development process that describes a person who is initially cold and even hostile towards another person before gradually showing a warmer side over time.

Tsundere.jpg

Random picture that is on the page as the main image.

Edited by TrueEm

I know what a Tsundere is. I meant that "It makes no sense for a dog that rolls in dirt to also be a Tsundere".

What support does Keaton roll around on the ground like a dog?

EDIT: If I wasn't clear, this is a serious question. I haven't read all of Keaton's supports.

Besides, a Tsundere can be a dog.

Anyways, I put the definition there because of this:

I just remember how a lot of the support conversations I read between characters had people being jealous, distrusting, or apologetic.

So, because Silas distrusts Azura in their supports, Silas is a tsundere? No. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but a tsundere isn't defined by these traits. Nor is it specifically, "I-it's not like I like you or anything, m-moron!"

(Also, jesus we have a lot of people reading this thread...)

Edited by TrueEm

Not Silas's supports, specifically.

Though to me, that support did feel like he was just being overprotective and slavish towards MU, as his character usually acts, and displaying that by being jealous towards Azura and pretending he's "just doing his job".

Not Silas's supports, specifically.

Though to me, that support did feel like he was just being overprotective and slavish towards MU, as his character usually acts, and displaying that by being jealous towards Azura and pretending he's "just doing his job".

I was just using it as an example.

Also, I just read the whole support (I have it in the support log) and I don't see him being jealous of Azura. I think he genuinely distrusts her and wants to protect the Avatar. I will agree though that Silas as a character is really slavish towards the MU.

Can you give me some supports where you think someone besides Keaton and Selena are being tsun?

Edited by TrueEm

Because you will see an interesting side of Takumi.

Takumi and Azura's B support is particulary interesting.

Er...

He just shows that he's good with kids. That's not really anything worth noting, and doesn't come up in any of his supports. His Kiragi support is just him being jealous of his own son, and his Elise support is just him being Tsundere without even giving a reason.

Er...

He just shows that he's good with kids. That's not really anything worth noting, and doesn't come up in any of his supports. His Kiragi support is just him being jealous of his own son, and his Elise support is just him being Tsundere without even giving a reason.

Maybe you should Takumi's faults as something else. Try seeing him differently. He is after all, just a teenager.

His jelousy of his son, for example, makes him quite human and relatable.

One of the reason people like Takumi is because he is very human character and a lot of people find Takumi relatable.

He's very well-written.

How? I look at Takumi, and all I see is a big ball of Tsundere. Jealous of his siblings, jealous of his comrades, jealous of his own damn son...

All there is to this kid is envy. It's boring. Characters don't automatically become human just because they express envy towards something or other. Nor do they become human because they get turned into a big dumb rage monster.

Edited by Alandrage

Er...

I do agree that the Azura support isn't all that much. Although the S-Support talks about why Takumi was so cold to Azura.

The Kiragi support is an example of his inferiority complex.

The Elise support is him not wanting to spend time with Elise, a Nohrian Princess, who he thinks he shouldn't spend time with. He's not tsun. He's rude towards Elise He then comes back to apologies for it, and then decides it's fine to spend time with her. The S-Support itself just has closure.

How? I look at Takumi, and all I see is a big ball of Tsundere. Jealous of his siblings, jealous of his comrades, jealous of his own damn son...

All there is to this kid is envy. It's boring.

Being jealous isn't being Tsundere. In fact, you literally just said a main part of Takumi's character, his inferiority complex.

If he was tsun, he would be acting coldly, but he wouldn't be outright rude and rejectful to them. A good exaple of a tsun is Selena and Keaton's A and S supports, as hilarious as that is.

Besides, those supports with Takumi being jealous end with Takumi getting over it and accepting himself. That's something, as WM said, a lot of people can relate to.

Edited by TrueEm