Favourite and least favourite Paralogues?

Michelaar

So yeah, whats your favourite and least favourite paralogue and why? Here are mine:

Favourite: Paralogue 21: Bright smile

Maybe a weird choice, but I actually really enjoyed this paralogue. I like Soleil, and I love the design of the map. It's a town, with a very interesting design that we haven't seen before. Also, I find having to protect the generic soldiers is very interesting, since they can actually fight back. Overall, this one is my favourite

Least favourite: Paralogue 12: Sweet dreams

While Mitama is my favourite child character, I hate her paralogue with a burning passion. Why? Because of the enemy placement. Even on normal, there are SO many enemies to deal with. While a lot of them are berserkers that are stationary, Having to get to the village and talk with Azama 3 times to get Mitama is stupid, since you need to expose him for 3 turns in a row (my strategy). But in my first try, I quickly found out that the enemies can overwhelm you, even on the easier variant. All in all, my least favourite paralogue

Azama doesn't have to talk to her 3 times, nor does it matter if the village gets destroyed. You will just get her at the end of the chapter.

Favorite: Shigure

Least Favorite: Ignatius

Edited by DarkDestr0yer61

I don't remember them all that well, but I'll try.

(And I just Google Search them anyways...)

Favorite: Paralogue 20: Ultimate Power

Wow, my favorite child unit has my favorite Paralogue! Coincidence! Nope, totally biased for Ophelia.

Anyways, I like the oasis town style it has going. It's pretty sharp. I also like the threat on the houses, as it can cause you to rush, and therefore mess up strategies. Plus the houses give things that can directly benefit Ophelia herself, which I only see happen elsewhere in Nina's Paralogue.

Overall, a very nice Chapter.

Least Favorite: Paralogue 17: Two Defenders

EVERYONE knows this Paralogue. It is, to date, the only Paralogue I have not finished, mostly ENTIRELY due to lack of effort. We all know why it sucks, Ignis is too weak and is easily overwhelmed by the enemies that charge at him turn 1. I'm probably not going to finish it until I get him in a PMU or otherwise.

Edited by TrueEm

Azama doesn't have to talk to her 3 times, nor does it matter if the village gets destroyed. You will just get her at the end of the chapter.

That may be, but you still have the enemies to deal with. They can still overwhelm you.

That may be, but you still have the enemies to deal with. They can still overwhelm you.

I never found them to be overwhelming. In fact, I think Mitama's Paralogue is kinda easy.

It's a lot of enemies, yes, but they get funneled one by one at you.

Granted, I've only done it twice, and never again outside a PMU since Azama is the loner.

Because I hate him.

Mitama is fine though.

For now.

Edited by TrueEm

ULTIMARE POWER is an easy favorite.

I actively despise shigures paralouge, it's a cool map.It just grinds my gears.

Least Favorite: Paralogue 17: Two Defenders

EVERYONE knows this Paralogue. It is, to date, the only Paralogue I have not finished, mostly ENTIRELY due to lack of effort. We all know why it sucks, Ignis is too weak and is easily overwhelmed by the enemies that charge at him turn 1. I'm probably not going to finish it until I get him in a PMU or otherwise.

Fly dracoknight!Benny over to his son and take your time killing the rest of the map.

Fly dracoknight!Benny over to his son and take your time killing the rest of the map.

That would require using Benny, which isn't a bad thing, just hasn't happened yet, and giving him access to Wyvern Rider line, which I believe he can get from Beruka and Camilla, both of which I don't like to pair Benny with. Not saying they're bad pairings, I just allocate them elsewhere on the shipping chart.

The only Benny pairing I've done do far is Selena.

Favourite

Soliels paralogue, I really liked the obstacle gimmick of this chapter. It was fun to just escape a swarm of enemies and force them to take a longer route with the obstacles so you could heal up and prepare for them also being obnoxious by moving the only way in so they constantly ran back and forth

Least Favourite

I haven't played many because I haven't got many children characters but probably kanna's paralogue because it is the type of map I only ever want to play once however I have to play it basically every play through anyway so I can have kanna (for the sake of having kanna)

That would require using Benny, which isn't a bad thing, just hasn't happened yet, and giving him access to Wyvern Rider line, which I believe he can get from Beruka and Camilla, both of which I don't like to pair Benny with. Not saying they're bad pairings, I just allocate them elsewhere on the shipping chart.

The only Benny pairing I've done do far is Selena.

You can also just uuuh, send over 2 birds, one carrying benny and the other carryign a hellmurder thing.

the chapters pretty easy to cheese out all things considered.

I guess there's always kinshi benny if your playing for the supports, that's a pretty hilarious ship.

Edited by joshcja

Favourite Paralogue? I'd say either Velouria's (the design of the map was wonderful) or Midori's (Dragon Herbs!)

The one I hated the most was Shiro's. I had to reclass my Corrin to Hoshido Noble to rescue him because all my other staff users would get oneshot by berserkers and sorcerers.

uh

favorite: i really dig Rhajat's paralogue for some reason. the design of it i guess? it's just a lot of fun.

least favorite: i love and hate Nina's paralogue bc i'm in a rush to get the items and ugghh

shiro's is not fun either woohoo

Favorite: Dwyer's, mostly just because it's the first one I did, so I didn't really know what to expect, and I have fond memories of freaking out getting attacked by promoted units when my units were all unpromoted scrubs. The fun kind of stress.

Least Favorite: Under normal circumstances, I would probably hate Shiro's considering how terribly designed it is for late game, but my Shiro had Armored Blow and Renewal, so I don't have bad memories of it. I'd probably say Hisame's. All of the other maps at least have something interesting about them, whether it's the design of the map itself, the enemies and boss within it, how the level pressures you to play, etc., but Hisame's? Nope. It's just full of awful terrain and faceless and that's it.

Favorite Paralogue: Never really thought about it, but I'll give it to Dwyer and Shigure's cause they're super easy to end in one turn with minimal thinking an effort. No need to think hard on them and if one's really up for it, they can simply play the map normally as intended. They're also great for speedruns if someone wants to complete them as fast as possible.

Least Favorite: Soleil's and Percy's paralogues take the cake for me. In Soleil's case, its the constant amount of reinforcements but especially the ones that show up from your starting point which cause you to backtrack over there in a hurry if you left no units behind because you thought they wouldn't spawn from that direction at least.

As for Percy's, it's just really really bad plotwise for a kid hero to be mad at your dad and cause the death of people who thought they were doing something good. The dragon veins are also pretty situational if you don't kill your opposition in the enemy turn and the enemy density doesn't really make it fun although it is appreciated on CQ.

Edited by Raguna

Favorite Paralogue:

Ultimate Power. Ophelia's definitely my favorite kid in the game. Plus I love how fun that paralogue is. Plus you can get rare tomes like Missiletainn and Calamity Gate for Conquest.

Least Favorite Paralogue:

I would have to say it's Shiro's Paralogue. But I think everyone hates that Paralogue. You basically have to get to Shiro fast or get one of your Healers in range to Rescue Shiro and then get Ryoma right near him.

Favorite:

Kana's

Not just because of bias, because it's so damn easy ever after playing through the game for awhile and it's good for grinding. When I found out that there were reinforcements, I was so overjoyed. I also like that Kana's not any real danger so you don't have to multitask.

Honorable Mention goes to Opheila's for having so much stuff as well as being a good challenge and having Opheila from the beginning.

Least Favorite:

Sophie's

I never thought there would be worse AI than that one mission in Awakening, then I get to this thing. Not only is the AI downright suicidal, but the map is so damn huge and has terrain in the areas slowing down most of your units. And the payoff isn't really that much if you save all of them. At least it's easy to get Sophie.

Dishonorable Mention goes to Shiro's. If I didn't give him any breaker skills... oh god.

Favorite

Honestly, Forrest's was always fun for me to play. I'd probably say Forrest's, Shigure's, and Ophelia's.

Least Favorite

Ignatius's can fuck off. I found it harder then Shiro's. Hisame's is annoying for the terrain, but easy and boring otherwise.

Favorite:

I would say Forrest, as It actually bring you to think where is the best point to begin the map and the fact that It kinda brings you to complete it as fast as you can, if you don't want Forrest dead.

Least favorite:

I will say Percy because goddamit the map design is terrible. Like, It was perhaps the only one that made me bored and thibgs gets worse when I wanted to get as much money as possible.

Can't really say I have a favorite, but dear god Mitama's paralogue was awful. Even when my units are mostly leveled up through grinding most of them got their asses kicked by the million monsters here. Even if I didn't care about getting Azama to talk to Mitama the majority of my army would still get killed before I even get to that part. It was so painful. Nina's a close second, but that's probably because I'm obsessed with getting rewards.

Favorite: Soleil's for allowing me to troll the enemy big time with the obstacle gimmick (if I'm feeling really mean, I block off one segment of the map entirely, rendering the enemies there pretty much useless), and Kana's for being easy.

Least favorite: Shiro's is just terribly designed for lategame, and ditto for Ignatius's. TBF, though, I think most of them are awful after chapter 18... but those two are the worst by far.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia