Shipping Midori

I thought you were going a specific direction with the topic title.
Sadly I was oh-so-wrong.

I ship Midori with someone her age.
When she's not super young.

Scratch that, I ship her with potions.

I thought you were going a specific direction with the topic title.

Sadly I was oh-so-wrong.

I ship Midori with someone her age.

When she's not super young.

Scratch that, I ship her with potions.

Midori, the dealer.

But yeah, I WOULD ship her with M!Kamui based on her sweet personality alone (which I am always a sucker for), BUT she's barely twelve, judging by her looks, and a child character to boot. So that doesn't work. It just DOESN'T work at all.

Why do all female characters I really like personality-wise have some sort of catch to them that makes shipping your Avatar with them so weird/dumb/impossible? Why?

To elaborate: Hana's supports with Corrin are admittedly atrocious and her paired ending is nonsensical (why does she still serve Sakura after effectively becoming queen of Valla if you marry her in Revelations?), Sakura and Elise are your sisters by adoption, thus forcing you to treat them as such by law (based on German laws on adoptive siblings, where it is stated that you have the same moral duties and restrictions even if you aren't related by blood, meaning that marrying either one of the two is completely out of the question anyways) and Elise being barely over fourteen at the oldest, then there's Selkie and Velouria, both of whom are furry-bait and child characters, Nyx with her loli-bait looks, Midori who is underage and a child character and lastly, there's Ophelia, who WOULD be fine, if not for the fact that she also is a child character.

Seriously, IS. It appears you did that just to spite me. I know they didn't. It just feels that way.

Back to topic:

So I'd do the next best thing: ship her with M!Kana, who at least seems to be her age.

I haven't read their supports yet, but I think they should be pretty cute (and probably platonic... crap).

Edited by DragonFlames

Why do all female characters I really like personality-wise have some sort of catch to them that makes shipping your Avatar with them so weird/dumb/impossible? Why?

To elaborate: Hana's supports with Corrin are admittedly atrocious and her paired ending is nonsensical (why does she still serve Sakura after effectively becoming queen of Valla if you marry her in Revelations?), Sakura and Elise are your sisters by adoption, thus forcing you to treat them as such by law (based on German laws on adoptive siblings, where it is stated that you have the same moral duties and restrictions even if you aren't related by blood, meaning that marrying either one of the two is completely out of the question anyways) and Elise being barely over fourteen at the oldest, then there's Selkie and Velouria, both of whom are furry-bait and child characters, Nyx with her loli-bait looks, Midori who is underage and a child character and lastly, there's Ophelia, who WOULD be fine, if not for the fact that she also is a child character.

Seriously, IS. It appears you did that just to spite me. I know they didn't. It just feels that way.

Dude, Ophelia was in the baby oven, it's fine.

Also, I don't think Elise is even 14 in the Japanese version, and Midoriko is definitely younger than 12 judging by how she talks (third person, rarely uses kanji, which I think makes it look like more childish speech, but maybe I'm off on that one).

I mean, I don't even like Midori but I ship her wit' them herbs erryday.

EDIT: I've married Nyx happily and will do it again. I ship Shiro x F!Kana together. Fiction is fiction, yo. The nonsensical laws of Nohr-Hoshido will not keep me from romancing and shipping the babes.

...What the hell is wrong with me?

Edited by SaiSymbolic

Dude, Ophelia was in the baby oven, it's fine.

Also, I don't think Elise is even 14 in the Japanese version, and Midoriko is definitely younger than 12 judging by how she talks (third person, rarely uses kanji, which I think makes it look like more childish speech, but maybe I'm off on that one).

That may be true, but the implication that Corrin must have seen her when she was still a baby (judging from their Festival of Bonds convo) sounds just wrong, tbh. If she was a first-gen, she would be my Avatar's wife, no questions asked. But since she isn't... eh.

EDIT: I've married Nyx happily and will do it again. I ship Shiro x F!Kana together. Fiction is fiction, yo. The nonsensical laws of Nohr-Hoshido will not keep me from romancing and shipping the babes.

Nothing is wrong with you for thinking that way. Maybe it's just me who is too close minded about these things.

I used to have no qualms about marrying my Avatar to Nowi back in Awakening and I always found it sad that Ike x Sanaki couldn't be made a thing in Radiant Dawn, as weird as that may sound, but then I went to the internet, discovered this forum and other people's thoughts on the matter and it got me thinking and actually scared that I myself could develop a loli complex (which I am glad to say that this isn't the case).

But I seem to have forgotten the most important thing: This is still fiction and not the real world, so basically anything goes. Thank you for reminding me of that.

Bolded part: I actually did, too. Her confession has to be the cutest thing in the entire game. *swoon*

And this will be the last bit of my close-mindedness, because I just HAVE to get it off my chest:

They gotta push that Corrin/Azura pairing somehow, right?

Although, surprisingly, you are actually ALLOWED to marry your cousin in Germany, same as in Japan. The more you know, I guess.

Edited by DragonFlames

Wow everyone is so salty.
Why so serious?

Shipping isn't even that bad. Never had a crush when you were 12?

I'm just asking for cute ships ... and not to ship bcuz u have to make babies "sheesh"
Looks like there aren't many ppl who's thinking about romance or true love and stuffs like that ~

I did this too. They look so cute together >.<

Edited by Mira Vermilion

That may be true, but the implication that Corrin must have seen her when she was still a baby (judging from their Festival of Bonds convo) sounds just wrong, tbh. If she was a first-gen, she would be my Avatar's wife, no questions asked. But since she isn't... eh.

Fair enough. I guess I don't see the problem because she has lived for roughly the same amount of time as Corrin, just in a different place. Maybe I just don't care because not only is the explanation bullshit, but the kids themselves are non-canon.

Why so serious?

What? People are joking around; where is this "salt"? Are you talking about DragonFlames' explanation of why he didn't marry certain characters?

But I seem to have forgotten the most important thing: This is still fiction and not the real world, so basically anything goes. Thank you for reminding me of that.

And this will be the last bit of my close-mindedness, because I just HAVE to get it off my chest:

Even though this pairing in particular is wrong on any feasible level, considering these two actually ARE related by blood.

Although, surprisingly, you are actually ALLOWED to marry your cousin in Germany, same as in Japan. The more you know, I guess.

Don't feel as if you are alone. I have to remind myself of that as well; I think everyone struggles with that kind of thing as we go through life. There are times in which we look at, play or read mediums that might depict something completely reprehensible and disgusting and, at the end of it, we are left questioning what kind of people could have created such a thing and we are left questioning ourselves for enjoying or being intrigued by such a thing. It is similar to the whole "if you do it in a game, then you would do it in real life" bullbull. No, I have never had and never will have the inclination of marrying and having children with what appears to be a 12 year old—but, by golly, this is a free country and I will romance the hell out of Nowi, Nyx, Midori and Percy.

But, yeah, fiction is just that. It isn't real—if a person gains the inclination of wanting to do inappropriate things, then I am of the belief that there was something wrong way before a video game came into the picture.

As for Corrin x Azura, I was literally oblivious to the pushing of the pairing until recently. I asked someone about it and I bet all my money they thought I was an idiot for not noticing lol

Why so serious?

Shipping isn't even that bad. Never had a crush when you were 12?

I'm just asking for cute ships ... and not to ship bcuz u have to make babies "sheesh"

Looks like there aren't many ppl who's thinking about romance or true love and stuffs like that ~

Okay, no more serious stuff. I like cute stuff, too. Um, I like the thought of her with Ignatius and Hisame.

now let me quickly read the supports

Edited by SaiSymbolic

I put Midori with Kiragi. That has the plus side of seeing her call him a "stupid idiot" during one of the supports, the best insult imaginable.

As for her age, if we dismiss the "totally an adult" thing the localization pushes, she'd still have to be at least 13 or so since she can potentially mother Kana. Still icky, obviously, but she'd at least have to be post-puberty.

I did this too. They look so cute together >.<

I KNOW RIGHT!?!?!?! They are so cute together~~! sdfdfsdfsdfsg

I like imagining Shiro waits until she's a little older before telling her how he truly feels. Or, he offhandedly/playfully mentions that he plans on making her his bride when they grow up and Kana, being the cinnamon bun that she is, is all like, "Yeah, let's get married, Shiro!" and it'll be like straight out of a shoujo manga or something! omgifreakingloveshiroxfkanafvsdvsdvgsdgvsdvgsdgv

...Okay, I'm done.

I KNOW RIGHT!?!?!?! They are so cute together~~! sdfdfsdfsdfsg

I like imagining Shiro waits until she's a little older before telling her how he truly feels. Or, he offhandedly/playfully mentions that he plans on making her his bride when they grow up and Kana, being the cinnamon bun that she is, is all like, "Yeah, let's get married, Shiro!" and it'll be like straight out of a shoujo manga or something! omgifreakingloveshiroxfkanafvsdvsdvgsdgvsdvgsdgv

...Okay, I'm done.

This music fits so perfectly

Even though they aren't together, they look so cute! One of my biggest ship in this game!

Edited by Mira Vermilion

This music fits so perfectly

Even though they aren't together, they look so cute! One of my biggest ship in this game!

I know! I've seen that video; I'm subscribed to that person on YT. They are so cute together and, yes, that music fits them so well!

Darn it, one day I will learn how to use that program and I will create the Shiro x F!Kana support/scenario of my dreams.

uhh i dont think i shipped her with anyone because i didnt find much interesting pairing wise with her

take that, revenge for treating ophelia like that >:c

Even though this pairing in particular is wrong on any feasible level, considering these two actually ARE related by blood.

So anything goes in fiction...except for what you dislike? I'm not saying you have to like the pairing, but don't you realize it's kind of hypocritical for you to call it "wrong on any feasible level" right after saying anything goes to justify marrying your character to a minor? And yes, cousin marriage is actually legal in most of the world.

As for me: Percy, definitely. He's close enough to her age that I don't feel uncomfortable pairing them, and their supports were pretty cute.

Edited by Abvora

I gladly married the shota mage in Awakening and Birthright, so naturally I see no issue with pairing Midori with someone. :V It is fiction, after all. I myself sorta like Midori and M!Kana or Percy.

So anything goes in fiction...except for what you dislike? I'm not saying you have to like the pairing, but don't you realize it's kind of hypocritical for you to call it "wrong on any feasible level" right after saying anything goes to justify marrying your character to a minor? And yes, cousin marriage is actually legal in most of the world.

Of course, you're right. That WAS hypocritical of me. I'm editing my original post now. Sometimes, you say things you immediately regret. That was one of those times. Thanks for pointing that out for me.

Edited by DragonFlames