Well… I deleted my save file.

GenericHero

Yes, I should have been paying more attention, but the fact that when creating a new game it puts the cursor over your previous save file seems extremely stupid.

However, I have a battle save from the file I saved over, but the thing is it's from the last level and it doesn't let you save after completing it. I've also tried having all my characters die(I'm on casual) to try to get bumped back to my castle so I could save, but that doesn't work either. Is there a retreat option or something I'm missing, anything to be able to get my file back?

I don't think its possible. I did this once while participating in a corrin only PMU, and luckily I keep some form of backup of my current playthrough in an extra slot.

If you have a digital copy and backed up your save data to the SD card before, you could potentially recover your file from the point you made the backup.

No way to get the file back. If it makes you feel better I've deleted my Birthright save by accident too... Twice. I suggest to save the game on two slots, so if you accidentally delete one you have the backup.

Edited by Petersheikah

Ah well. And I had just finished my online team too… ;_;

If it makes you feel better I've deleted my Birthright save by accident too... Twice. I suggest to save the game on two slots, so if you accidentally delete one you have the backup.

Yeah, I'm going to have to do that from now on… it seems like it's way to easy to save over. I mean, yeah, they ask you if you're sure you want to save over it, but by that time I was so used to spamming yes I didn't even notice until it was too late.

To be honest? It happend to me with my Conquest-File and i was really pissed because before that i deleted by accident my Birthright-File too =_=

And now i'm just waiting that it happens with my Revelations-File too... because bad luck is hunting me D: