POR japan transfer data

hibber22

So I looked around both the forums and the rest of the internet quite a bit but I could not find anything so I though I should ask here,

How do you transfer path of radiance data to radiant dawn if you played the Japanese version of path of radiance but want to play the English version of radiant dawn?

You can... with a lot of save hacking.

You'd have to extract the GCI save data from the JP version and the US version of path of radiance.

Get a hex editor and transfer the specific file data on the JP one and transfer it to the English one. Save the GCI and import it into your memory card.

Confirm it works by opening your English path of radiance. If it does, it should work on Radiant Dawn... Unless that PoR save is Maniac Mode. Then you're SOL.

Just posting this here in case someone also decided to play path of radiance on maniac mode for their first play through using the translation patch, after a bit of work I determined the only thing you need to do is hex edit the region at the very start of the .gci save from GFEJ to GFEE. I am pretty sure this was not intended as the transfer screen looks like this.

http://imgur.com/gallery/Nj6Aa

Just want to add that the English patch for the Japanese path of radiance worked fine and I also made subtitled versions of the Japanese cutscenes but I am not sure where I should post them.

Edited by hibber22

• 6 years later...