Tellius Recollection (Vol 1) Translation / Discussion Thread

Race | Outward Appearance | Average Life expectancy

Black Dragon | 17 | 1020

White Dragon | 17.5 | 1050

I'm quite surprised to see that the White dragons lives, in average, more than theBlack Dragons. It's strange since the Black Dragons are the royals of Goldoa and also the strongest. Edited by The Wyvern Rider

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the first two are obviously Soren and Stefan, but is the the third Petrine? I can't think of another Branded in PoR apart from those three.

Perhaps It's IIyana?

"Ilyana is once asked by Lucia if she happens to be of the Laguz race, implying that she may be a Branded of the beast tribe, considering the fact that the tribe is well known for their large appetite for food and Strength, a stat which she excels at for her class. However, this fact is never explicitly accounted for, as Ilyana herself appears to be genuinely unaware of her own background since she might be a orphan, possibly as a result of being a Branded."

So the first two are obviously Soren and Stefan, but is the the third Petrine? I can't think of another Branded in PoR apart from those three.

It is Petrine, indeed. Her page makes mention of this.

Thanks!

Oh my gosh, I can't believe they showed off the older Sanaki concept art. Too bad we still don't know the context, but it'll do : )

Also, I love how it matches up with the unused older Sanaki map model.

OlderSanaki3.png

More views in here.

*on mobile, so I didn't look* Hey, Kirokan/Vincent, is there concept art of the unused magical class for Elincia in PoR?

I remember Goldie (the FE9/10 RAM hacker gone crazy) hacking it to be workable, or at least seen in the battle animations.

Edited by shadowofchaos

*on mobile, so I didn't look* Hey, Kirokan/Vincent, is there concept art of the unused magical class for Elincia in PoR?

I remember Goldie (the FE9/10 RAM hacker gone crazy) hacking it to be workable, or at least seen in the battle animations.

I don't have the book, but I think so.

You're referring to Elincia's unused Bishop model, right? It works fine like you saw and I think every female Bishop uses it (so it's easy to rig--just change a character's class to female Bishop).

Why yes, there is, seeing her holding a staff in an alternate outfit and such. Want me to get that done for you next? : )

(I also looked at Petrine's profile Vincent, it does indeed say Tiger there! Curiously, Rajaion is put down as a Beorc though... xD)

Edited by Kirokan

Why yes, there is, seeing her holding a staff in an alternate outfit and such. Want me to get that done for you next? : )

(I also looked at Petrine's profile Vincent, it does indeed say Tiger there! Curiously, Rajaion is put down as a Beorc though... xD)

Haha, I'm curious if that's an error or maybe Rajaion was planned to be a Beorc early on and they changed it?

I was just curious is all. You don't have to go out of order haha.

Hehe, I think Kirokan doesn't mind. That's why this thread exists, so people can point out or request interesting things to translate.

I wanna see the staff-wielding Elincia too and the one where she resembles Elena (because I have another unused asset that might be related... if I can find it).

Haha, I'm curious if that's an error or maybe Rajaion was planned to be a Beorc early on and they changed it?

Hehe, I think Kirokan doesn't mind. That's why this thread exists, so people can point out or request interesting things to translate.

I wanna see the staff-wielding Elincia too and the one where she resembles Elena (because I have another unused asset that might be related... if I can find it).

Yep! I don't mind at all, and it gives me some direction as to what to do next. : ) So will do the Elincia one next.

I think for Rajaion it's an error, since his age still has the sub-note about Laguz ages relative to Beorc ones... and still lists him as black dragon. xD

@Anacybele:

It's possible, or she was one of those "adults disguised as children" archetypes, which would sort of fit the way Ike first meets her too, just that she would suddenly grow into an adult when she reveals her true identity, rather than being really mature for her age... but that's just a random guess. xD

Edited by Kirokan

So I wonder if that adult Sanaki means that this game was going to have some kind of time skip in it a la FE4?

One of the earliest rumours suggested a time-skip. According to somebody who knew the asset-making team, there were designs for an "older Sanaki" and "older Soren".

However it's also possible that they simply decided to lower Sanaki's age, possibly because of a conflict with the timeline, for example.

* By the way, we never figured out what happened to "older Soren", but my personal hunch is that the design was for Sephiran and the person mistook him for Soren.

** Also, I cannot find the original source, but I remember it quite clearly. There were a few more details, but I dunno where I recorded them. I do vaguely remember the main villain being connected to dragons and there was something about the heron siblings.

Edited by VincentASM

Huh, I see...

Also, an Elincia concept art that looked more like Elena? That could mean that Elincia was originally going to be Ike's sister rather than Mist. Maybe it wasn't going to be known right away that they were siblings, even. That would've been interesting. I mean, it could've definitely led to a good story on why they didn't know at first!

It's a possibility, although I think they just wanted to play the "girl who looks like your mom" trope.

Even in the early drafts, Mist was specified to be Ike's sister (and the second main character, no less), so I think the likelihood is fairly low.

Maybe we'll learn more when we see the pics ^^

It's a possibility, although I think they just wanted to play the "girl who looks like your mom" trope.

Even in the early drafts, Mist was specified to be Ike's sister (and the second main character, no less), so I think the likelihood is fairly low.

Maybe we'll learn more when we see the pics ^^

Then maybe Ike was going to have two sisters, but only knew about one of them (and Chrom has two sisters, an older one and a younger one, meaning the idea might've been recycled for Awakening). But yeah, maybe we will learn more when we see the pics!

Edited by Anacybele

That's a huge inference from nothing but a similarly in character design, don't you think?

Like, your posts just escalated quickly even after Vincent disagreed using the he has info on beta Mist story background. Like how she was going to be a second lord.

Edited by shadowofchaos

That's a huge inference from nothing but a similarly in character design, don't you think?

Like, your posts just escalated quickly even after Vincent disagreed using the he has info on beta Mist story background. Like how she was going to be a second lord.

I'm just theorizing... What's wrong with doing that? Also, people think Cordelia's beta design looking a lot like Lucina might indicate that she was going to be pushed as Chrom's wife instead of Sumia (Cordelia would've had blue hair like Caeda in that old design as well, and we all know about her and Marth, who is Chrom's ancestor). That's a big inference from just a similar character design too.

Edited by Anacybele

Haha, I do think Ike having two sisters is a stretch, but you never know. Weirder things have happened...

A bit off-topic, but I think the Cordelia and Lucina theory is a big inference, personally speaking. I think it's more likely Yusuke Kozaki liked the abandoned Cordelia design and used it for Lucina instead. That's what I feel makes more sense from a design perspective.

Especially considering it's highly likely Cordelia was designed as a Catria character from the start (from what I can tell, character quirks are decided very early on), which meant it's unlikely she was ever going to be a Chrom marriage candidate.

Ta-da, enjoy your official timeline.

You can find all this info--and more--in this nearly 10 year old page : P

I miss the days when Fire Emblem worlds actually had world building and a story to the continent. Tellius did one of the best jobs at making an actual timeline that felt real.

Sanaki, Zelgius, & Sephiran's concept art is up!

The grown up Sanaki is pretty cool xD

ohmyfuckinggawd

I swear, I'm going to bite my lip so hard blood's going to come out. It's like God (which I didn't believe in, until now) is calling out to me saying "you've suffered enough, take this".

Microwaveit has provided the height comparison chart!

Main post has been updated with it too : )

Ta-da, enjoy your official timeline.

You can find all this info--and more--in this nearly 10 year old page : P

Great work on that Vincent! Updated the main post!

I miss the days when Fire Emblem worlds actually had world building and a story to the continent. Tellius did one of the best jobs at making an actual timeline that felt real.

It's what makes digging through these and finding any new info, even the smallest bit, even more exciting : )

ohmyfuckinggawd

I swear, I'm going to bite my lip so hard blood's going to come out. It's like God (which I didn't believe in, until now) is calling out to me saying "you've suffered enough, take this".

I quite liked it too! xD