Tellius Recollection (Vol 1) Translation / Discussion Thread

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slightly later than expected, here are some pics of Bishop Elincia in FE9.

hb0p3Q9.png

Some background info...

During cutscenes, Elincia occasionally appears in her trademark orange costume, but this "Elincia" is a dummy female Bishop with no name or portrait. The one you see in my pictures is the dummy with the name and portrait fixed.

Edited by VincentASM

Nice work!

The old Leanne concept vaguely reminds me of Ashera. Pretty sure there was going to be some kind of link between the herons and Ashera at one point. Ashera in Radiant Dawn even has feathers in her robe.

Naesala probably uses them for the same thing that Lethe uses daggers for, cutting meat from prey. :P

Don't worry, it's a practice battle, hence the Trainer sword and no disappearing after a KO.

Ah, good. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Nice work!

The old Leanne concept vaguely reminds me of Ashera. Pretty sure there was going to be some kind of link between the herons and Ashera at one point. Ashera in Radiant Dawn even has feathers in her robe.

Wonder if she will have design art in Volume 2, and if so, whether it will address that similarity or not. : )

I'm betting she will. They've got really obscure characters like Elena, Zelgius, Gareth etc. in this book so they'll need something to fill the second book with : P

Got some more blasts from the past for ya: Unused heron models

The transformed non-royal heron's map model is the same, but the textures are very different.

We also have a generic Serenes citizen, although I dunno if their design is canon. Sadly, it seems the developers never finished the battle model because the palette is completely bonkers.

Finally, there's Leanne's battle model. No surprises really except they actually made one and you don't get to see it until Radiant Dawn. Presumably Leanne was meant to be a unit you had to protect on the map, rather than carry.

So the normal heron IS kind of bluish! (wasn't sure if that official art was depicting it with some blue or black feathers. I couldn't tell) I actually colored my normal heron sprites blue too because there's a heron in real life called the blue heron. Glad to see I was kinda close. :P

Edited by Anacybele

This is a reminder that if anyone else has any Japanese skill/access to the book and would like to help out to feel free to PM me!

I think I'll try to cover the generic class pages tomorrow. Some nice art/design there. After that I'll get to Mordecai's profile as it is the highest for character requests, followed by Brom, Zelgius and Sephiran thus far.

Those Sages looked pretty cool, it's kind of humorous to me how some of the basic designs looked better than the final result. Even though they're largely the same, but the minor things are nice.

I gotta say I like the bird laguz civilians too.

Edited by Soledai

Kinda interesting how the final product ended up covering up a lot of leg for the girls. The generic pegasus knights look a lot more like their GBA counterparts and same with the swordmaster, and we never do see any generic female archers or myrmidons. Since people have been upset about the continual shortage of pants in later games, I wonder what prompted the team to go with something more practical in the end? The generic female mage variation is really cute though. However the frilly skirt is more traditional so I suppose tradition has to win out sometimes.

Just updated main post with translations of pages that show the basic class designs:

Basic Class Designs (1) (166-167)

Basic Class Designs (2) (168-169)

It's nice to see average/civilian Goldoans on the second page. Some of the other designs (generic fighter lady and such) are fun too.

heavy breathing

Why are the generic girls so pretty, tho. Especially 'dem priestesses. also, why is hawk girl so cute. and why does fire emblem do this thing where they make a perfect in-between of skinny and "just enough" curve. ;i;

Edited by Soul~!

I'm surprised to see that there were concept of generic female archer/sniper as we don't even get a female playable archer/sniper.

In general, I'm surprised to see the female counterparts of classes that feature only male characters in the game.

After some cleaning and organizing, here are all the portraits of characters in Path of Radiance --which also feature parts originally obscured by text boxes (I love how Boyd is actually all clench-fisted xD)

All Character Portraits (Blank)

Alternately, you can view the character portraits in an imgur gallery I created for them.

I also isolated three that were clearly marked "Unused." They were Soren, Zihark, and Marcia. Soren and Marcia may be hard to notice, but view them side by side with the ones they ended up using and you will see the differences (can see side-by-side in above gallery).

Zihark is clearly different. I translated these tidbits, though they didn't offer much:

Soren, Zihark, and Marcia's unused Character Portraits (with translations)

Loving the concept arts and body sprites ^^

The "higher level" classes pique my interest. I see Elincia and (I think) Elena were meant to be higher level Priests.

Was there going to be some kind of pseudo 3rd tier system, I wonder?

Wow, when Ike gets angry, he gets wow pissed. o.o But that works for me, I actually have him getting super pissed early in my fic... haha.

I also like Boyd's clenched fists, it so fits him. lol

Edited by Anacybele

It seems odd that Zihark of all people had an alternate portrait. I guess it may have been ditched because the pose was used for Ike instead, or that he wasn't making eye contact with other portraits. Marcia just looks like minor adjustments and the removal of a bunch of fabric folds. I like Soren, perhaps that's what fueled the rumours of an older Soren portrait? He does look a bit older there.

Well, Zihark's unused portrait looks angrier than the one in the game which imho doesn't really fit his character. He is one of the "nicest" myrms in the series, after all. Perhaps they wanted to make him more like Navarre or Rutger at first?

And man, I still really like PoR's generics and villagers.

That Zihark though. I gotta say he's looking pretty cool there.

And of course, that Soren is pretty nice too. And I forgot about generic soldier with a cape, honorable mention to him.

Sorry about not getting to more character profiles yet! (Though I assume the hobbies and stuff are what most people wanted xD) But decided to iron out a few more of the concept art sections first.

I just updated the post for Box Art designs. Fun to see how the more classic looking FE cover changed to the one we know today!

Edited by Kirokan