Tellius Recollection (Vol 1) Translation / Discussion Thread

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry about not getting to more character profiles yet! (Though I assume the hobbies and stuff are what most people wanted xD) But decided to iron out a few more of the concept art sections first.

I just updated the post for Box Art designs. Fun to see how the more classic looking FE cover changed to the one we know today!

Hey it's all good. Some of these concepts are very good indeed.

Like that Zihark for instance

History of the Beorc nations

Big thanks to Kirokan for helping me with the unsure parts ^^

Oddly, the history for Begnion seems to be based on the beta map.

Persis still exits, but Razia became Grann, Noad vanished off the map and I think Est became Asmin.

I also have my suspicions that the Guiding Tower was originally meant to be situated in Est/Asmin, instead of Begnion's capital.

Edited by VincentASM

This definitely sounds quite a bit different from what we've seen in the final game. Begnion is obvious but the relationship between Crimea and Gallia is also described quite differently. In PoR the alliance between Crimea and Gallia was described as basically only existing on paper and otherwise only connecting the ruling families. Ranulf, Lethe and Mordecai had to disguise themselves in a Crimean city and Ranulf was also talking about a decreasing number of reports of Laguz hunts over the last few decades. Yet here it says that some Laguz actually live openly in Crimea.

What we see in the final game is definitely better then what is written here. This version sounds like it would have led to a story that is far more black & white. Although I suppose that is a bit of a simplified way to look at things considering that Ike was originally intended to be a "Babylonian noble" instead of a Crimean mercenary.

Edited by BrightBow

Oh yeah, that's true that. I forget the infamous Blood Runs Run chapter where there's clearly Laguz hatred even in Crimea.

For some reason, I kept thinking of the period of time after Ike liberates Crimea, where the Laguz actively aid in the reconstruction effort and also appear a bit more freely in Radiant Dawn.

Just a minor thing I'm curious at:

帝国 can be written as 'empire', right? Was there any particular reason why Theocracy was chosen? Not that I mind because it's quite fitting.

EDIT: You know what? And then I remembered that it was called as such in PoR

Edited by Soledai

This definitely sounds quite a bit different from what we've seen in the final game. Begnion is obvious but the relationship between Crimea and Gallia is also described quite differently. In PoR the alliance between Crimea and Gallia was described as basically only existing on paper and otherwise only connecting the ruling families. Ranulf, Lethe and Mordecai had to disguise themselves in a Crimean city and Ranulf was also talking about a decreasing number of reports of Laguz hunts over the last few decades. Yet here it says that some Laguz actually live openly in Crimea.

What we see in the final game is definitely better then what is written here. This version sounds like it would have led to a story that is far more black & white. Although I suppose that is a bit of a simplified way to look at things considering that Ike was originally intended to be a "Babylonian noble" instead of a Crimean mercenary.

Yes, when I was translating I was thinking of this chapter too being at odds with the history.

Oh yeah, that's true that. I forget the infamous Blood Runs Run chapter where there's clearly Laguz hatred even in Crimea.

For some reason, I kept thinking of the period of time after Ike liberates Crimea, where the Laguz actively aid in the reconstruction effort and also appear a bit more freely in Radiant Dawn.

Perhaps it was a value Crimea was founded on that got diluted along the way (and Daein occupation brought out more of the racists xD)

That's pure speculation though! I also do think the old map you uploaded sounds more like what they describe, with Laguz being along the south rather than the west. Either way great work on the history, I'll upload it along with whenever I get to my next post.

Edited by Kirokan

My personal thoughts on the "Blood Runs Red" chapter is that there may have been ebbs and flows of interspecies hostility, and the citizenry doesn't want to draw the ire of the Daein occupation, thus having to resort to the speech they had. tl;dr they're citizens scared of angering the invading army.

Also Kirokan, is there anything on Mordecai's page [if he has one]? I'd be glad to help translate if that's doable.

My personal thoughts on the "Blood Runs Red" chapter is that there may have been ebbs and flows of interspecies hostility, and the citizenry doesn't want to draw the ire of the Daein occupation, thus having to resort to the speech they had. tl;dr they're citizens scared of angering the invading army.

Also Kirokan, is there anything on Mordecai's page [if he has one]? I'd be glad to help translate if that's doable.

Sure! That'd be a big help since a lot of people want Mordecai. I already got the character data bits translated, but you're welcome to handle the description if you wish. I'll PM you the page.

EDIT: Sent you the PM! Thanks : )

Edited by Kirokan

On the other hand, Soren says he was discriminated upon constantly by everyone in both Gallia and Crimea. And Shinon freely calls the laguz subhumans without even knowing of the occupation of Crimea. It seems like the creation of Crimea as a nation was founded on the ideas of free laguz but did not hold up over time due to laguz slavery in Begnion and the laguz hunts in Daein influencing the general populace. However Crimea seems to have never dabbled in slavery like Begnion has and Gallia and Crimean royals seem to get on well enough compared to Begnion.

(Boo, get on that Brom profile!)

Yeeeaaah, I think I like the official cover a lot more. That other one is...kinda cool, I guess, but something about it seems off.

Your request has been fulfilled!

Mordecai takes next priority, though I sent the scans for Blumpen to work on (as they kindly offerend to do so). So I may go for Zelgius next as I got some requests for him.

Of course still want to do concept pages. I have all the weapons scanned... I suppose there is no point in translating their descriptions beyond their names though! (as they seem like in game text...) So may be simple enough.

Edited by Kirokan

Your request has been fulfilled!

Mordecai takes next priority, though I sent the scans for Blumpen to work on (as they kindly offerend to do so). So I may go for Zelgius next as I got some requests for him.

Of course still want to do concept pages. I have all the weapons scanned... I suppose there is no point in translating their descriptions beyond their names though! (as they seem like in game text...) So may be simple enough.

Oh cool! :D:

I like that they acknowledge his supports with both Zihark AND Boyd, and I like that he has more of an influence than he realizes. That's a nice little bit of info. I also find it kind of interesting that one of his hobbies is humming, I don't think I've ever seen humming listed as a hobby for anyone in anything before!

I'm REALLY grateful you guys are translating that book. My copy arrived just yesterday but sadly I can't understand most of it since it's in Japanese. Thus, I'm really glad someone decided to translate it so I at least can understand what's written within. I really appreciate the effort you're putting into this.

Speaking of translations, I'd like to ask a question. I'd like to do a German translation of the book, based on the translations you're doing now. Path of Radiance is one of my favorite games of all time and I've been waiting for something like this book a long time. I'd dearly love to translate it into German using your work as a reference, if you're okay with that.

Last but not least, I'd also like to request some things from the book. If you don't mind, I'd like to have Sothe's profile translated. I'm also interested in the pages 178-181, especially in page 179 since I'm a great Daein fan. But I don't want to stress you out with my requests, just take your time with what you're doing now.

@Beorc history: I'm happy that the game portraits Crimea and Daein a bit more nuanced that these texts. I mean, PoR is still not exactly subtle about who the good guy are, but at least it shows that Crimea isn't completely rasicm-free. Too bad Daein had to wait until RD to get a more sympathetic view.

I'm REALLY grateful you guys are translating that book. My copy arrived just yesterday but sadly I can't understand most of it since it's in Japanese. Thus, I'm really glad someone decided to translate it so I at least can understand what's written within. I really appreciate the effort you're putting into this.
Speaking of translations, I'd like to ask a question. I'd like to do a German translation of the book, based on the translations you're doing now. Path of Radiance is one of my favorite games of all time and I've been waiting for something like this book a long time. I'd dearly love to translate it into German using your work as a reference, if you're okay with that.
Last but not least, I'd also like to request some things from the book. If you don't mind, I'd like to have Sothe's profile translated. I'm also interested in the pages 178-181, especially in page 179 since I'm a great Daein fan. But I don't want to stress you out with my requests, just take your time with what you're doing now.

You're welcome! And please feel free to do German translations based on these.

I sent pages 178-181 for VincentASM to look at, so hopefully we'll see those up soon : )

You're welcome! And please feel free to do German translations based on these.

I sent pages 178-181 for VincentASM to look at, so hopefully we'll see those up soon : )

Thank you so much!! :-)

I'll start right away!

I'm only slightly jealous...just slightly lol.

Haha, I just got one more page to do (which I've nearly finished) and I'll reach there.

Well, I'm very excited to see those pages then! I've my hopes up for some new information. :-)