Tellius Recollection (Vol 1) Translation / Discussion Thread

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, you guys update so fast it's almost scary! O_o

Nevertheless, you did a great job as always! And thanks for uploading the Laguz Landscapes so quickly! :-)

Well, about that thing with RL Crimea and Russia... Let's just say SOMEONE drew some inspiration from Path of Radiance for his actions... Yeah. XD

I actually wouldn't have thought that Pheonicis is blessed with such fertile ground. In game, it looks like there's nothing but cliffs.

And about the inconsistencies with RD... I actually have a plan how to do the Kilvas thing without the Blood Pact. In my version, Begnion doesn't even need to invade Kilvas to make them do what they want.

But be warned: I'll be a heavy crossover with a game series which has nothing do with Fire Emblem and which doesn't even belong to Nintendo.

Anyway, keep up the good work! :-)

I haven't heard back regarding the Mordecai profile yet...so will see what I do next!

Well...uhm...I wanted to confirm that I still would like to see the Mordecai profile.

Oh, I totally forgot Begnion had fliers. Since Kilvas isn't that far from Begnion, I guess it could be feasible.

I did consider Warp, but the Warp Powder was experimental technology at the start of PoR, nevermind centuries again ^^

Well, Kilvas could have been invaded by Begnion during the three years between PoR and RD, since Naesala doesn't seem to be affected by the Blood Pact in PoR and in RD the warp staff was creared, so they would have been able to send Foot-soldiers on Kilvas.

I may have forgotten some details tough.

Anyway, It was really nice to know about Goldoa's climate as we don't get to know that much about Goldoa in the game(s), to my knoweldge.

Well, Kilvas could have been invaded by Begnion during the three years between PoR and RD, since Naesala doesn't seem to be affected by the Blood Pact in PoR and in RD the warp staff was creared, so they would have been able to send Foot-soldiers on Kilvas.

I may have forgotten some details tough.

No, Kilvas wasn't invaded in that time.

Phew, here's a quad-post!

First, thanks to AstroknighticalFeats, we now have the Mordecai profile:

Mordecai (P. 71) (Thanks AstroknighticalFeats!)

And then I did some more concept art:

Oscar, Boyd, Gatrie, & Shinon (138-139)

Caineghis, Ranulf, Lethe, & Mordecai (146-147)

Horses & Wyverns (164-165)

I feel kind of bad for Shinon there, but I guess he would prefer it that way though. xD

Ahh, poor Shinon. He has a harsh tongue and never fails to say what he honestly feels, but maybe Greil knew that Shinon is still kinda nice inside? Maybe??

Not sure how to feel about cute catgirl Lethe. I'm glad they stuck to making her more stern, so she stands out more from Mist, Mia and Leanne.

Yeah, as much as I love Ike to pieces, there should be more Mordecai here... lol

But yay art for the other green haired brothers! They're my favorite siblings in the series and that art is nice! I wish there was a detail about why Oscar has a squint though. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Ahh, poor Shinon. He has a harsh tongue and never fails to say what he honestly feels, but maybe Greil knew that Shinon is still kinda nice inside? Maybe??

Not sure how to feel about cute catgirl Lethe. I'm glad they stuck to making her more stern, so she stands out more from Mist, Mia and Leanne.

Oh yeah, smiling Lethe was a little scary to see. xD

Aw, too bad they used half of his text to tell us how super awesome Ike is. :[ But really, thank you for your work!

Yeah... a lot of profiles do this it seems. Zelgius for instance only actually discussed him in one or two lines (granted, there was not much to say about him in that game, though that's what would've made it more interesting if they did!).

Yeah, I thought the same thing. :(: I would have liked to read more about *Mordecai*

Me too!

Yeah, as much as I love Ike to pieces, there should be more Mordecai here... lol

But yay art for the other green haired brothers! They're my favorite siblings in the series and that art is nice! I wish there was a detail about why Oscar has a squint though. :P

Glad you liked that : ) I feel like the squint is part of that "gentle demeanor" they described in his design, as it is often assigned to the gentle/soft spoken characters in Japanese media.

All this art is so good!

Thanks for going to the trouble of scanlating all this, Kirokan.

You're welcome!

Thanks for the work on this, Kirokan. If you're doing requests, could you do Mia and Lethe next?

Of course!

Here's Mia's character profile (I already had her mostly done from earlier, so yeah xD)

Then today's concept page:

Dheginsea, Kurthnaga, and some other Goldoan Dragons (post transformation)

Edited by Kirokan

Woah, now that is one cool looking white dragon. I had to go over to Youtube to check to be sure, but PoR was merely using a palette swapped version of the Red Dragon for Nasir. The Radiant Dawn model for the generic White Dragon doesn't look much better. They are not identical to the Red Dragons this time, at least their horns are aligned just like in this artwork. Everything else is hard to tell since the white dragons in that game basically have a pure white texture with no further features. I think there are some more differences on the model but the white dragons definitely weren't modelled with feather wings like this in mind.

Edited by BrightBow

The dragon designs are marked as "initial design sketches", so I'm guessing there was a difference between the developers' expectations vs reality : P

Since PoR was one of IS's first fully 3D games, I imagine they were still getting to grips with modelling. Hence the more basic White Dragon design in the final game(s).

Hey, Kirokan, I requested some characters awhile ago and you still didn't get to them. This feels kind of unfair...

That being said, that black dragon looks like it could be from the Twilight realm in Zelda: Twilight Princess. Pretty cool!

Hey, Kirokan, I requested some characters awhile ago and you still didn't get to them. This feels kind of unfair...

That being said, that black dragon looks like it could be from the Twilight realm in Zelda: Twilight Princess. Pretty cool!

Sorry! I'm aware. I did both the Elincia concept pages since that lined up with your requests, then hopped elsewhere with the intention to hop back! For character profiles, Mia had the next highest with 5 hits, so went to do that. I was hoping to do the Ike concepts soon (which lines up with your request too), but there's more text on them so they're taking a little longer. : )

Your requests haven't been forgotten! Don't worry!

Edited by Kirokan

Mia's page: #notworthwaitingfor

Everything that's there we already gleaned from the actual games. I'll patiently wait for Lucia's. If this is going by vote, I'm probably going to be waiting for quite a while. The downside of having a personal favourite that is not liked by the rest of the fandom because of lolstats.

I'm glad they changed Geoffrey's lime-green colour scheme to a more royal blue for RD though. It's just not his colour. But I'm really liking the designs so far. Despite my gripes with Tellius, it got two things right at least: World-building and unit design.

Here's Kieran's profile page!

Also found another unused portrait (at the end of the book) of Ike.

Mia's page: #notworthwaitingfor

Everything that's there we already gleaned from the actual games. I'll patiently wait for Lucia's. If this is going by vote, I'm probably going to be waiting for quite a while. The downside of having a personal favourite that is not liked by the rest of the fandom because of lolstats.

I'm glad they changed Geoffrey's lime-green colour scheme to a more royal blue for RD though. It's just not his colour. But I'm really liking the designs so far. Despite my gripes with Tellius, it got two things right at least: World-building and unit design.

As I said before, these profiles are just summaries of the characters we know from the game. Only some of them offer/confirm new info (Stefan, Petrine), but most are pretty plain like this one. Most of the new info/trivia was in the form of the "Personal Data" (which is why it was translated entirely first).

As for Lucia, noted! Lucky for you, I like her design/character too (I always play/use who I like, not by stats xD). So please don't worry about priority! I got some other requests for her too anyway, so you probably won't have to wait too long.

Hopefully I'll get Ike's concept page up tomorrow though!

Edited by Kirokan

Would you be so kind to do Soren when you get the time? I requested him earlier, but I think you might have misread it as Stefan (though I was very happy with his profile regardless~)

And you all are doing a fantastic job on the translations, thank you so much for doing this great service~