Tellius Recollection (Vol 1) Translation / Discussion Thread

Geoffrey's support with Calill is actually really sweet. You think it's setting them up to be together but since Calill is actually in love with Largo and Geoffrey is in love with Elincia, it's just an amiable, non romantic relationship in the end where Calill ships her Geoffrey X Elincia OTP. However since the A rank means Geoffrey cannot A rank Elincia, he mentions Elincia is above his station as a knight.

I do get the feeling Geoffrey's profile will talk about his devotion to Elincia. As the head of the Royal Knights after Renning's disappearance, it's his job to be overly devoted.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geoffrey's support with Calill is actually really sweet. You think it's setting them up to be together but since Calill is actually in love with Largo and Geoffrey is in love with Elincia, it's just an amiable, non romantic relationship in the end where Calill ships her Geoffrey X Elincia OTP. However since the A rank means Geoffrey cannot A rank Elincia, he mentions Elincia is above his station as a knight.

I do get the feeling Geoffrey's profile will talk about his devotion to Elincia. As the head of the Royal Knights after Renning's disappearance, it's his job to be overly devoted.

I agree, it's a good support, but I don't think Callil was always in love with Largo. She expressed interest in Geoffrey in their support until she guesses he loves Elincia. xP

And yeah, Geoffey's profile not mentioning his devotion to Elincia would be like Kieran's profile not mentioning his rivalry with Oscar. lol

I dunno, Calill and Largo actually get a special crit bonus of a whopping 10% standing side by side, and Largo tells Tauroneo he is going to name his pub after her. They are also canonically married and have an adopted child in RD. They just don't have a written support so unfortunately their relationship doesn't get fleshed out very well. I think Calill is being flirty but not that serious about pursuing anyone who isn't Largo.

I thought they got married between PoR and RD? And I recall Callil saying she didn't have very good luck with men. But yeah, PoR doesn't really make their relationship very clear...

Edited by Anacybele

By my estimation, Ragnell/Alondite is at least 1.7m/5'7'' in length, which was the standard length of a German Zweihander. So yeah, it's pretty huge. I kinda used it as a base to estimate character heights.

Wow, there is NO mention of Geoffrey's devotion to Elincia there, yet Bastian's love for Lucia has a sort of mention. lolwow, IS. But maybe that's being saved for the RD book since Geoffrey has a slightly bigger role there.

But nice stuff! It's interesting to know that Volke and Bastian are friends. I just figured Bastian liked hiring Volke because of his skills and because he could afford the dude.

Is it weird that I find Renning kinda hot? I bet Elincia's parents were both pretty good looking too. It would totally explain where she got her own amazing beauty from.

Edited by Anacybele

I guess the hints are calling Elincia "Crimea's Treasure", but of course this can just be his duty as a knight as mentioned before (as could be that regret he's feeling over the failure of duty rather than to her xD). But I feel it will be more of an RD book thing, yep!

Today's:

Ranulf (P. 72)

Yeah, that one line of Geoffrey's where he says "She's Crimea's treasure. She's perfect" can definitely be interpreted as a big hint to a crush on her, especially if you take Callil's response to it into account. These are the only two lines that incline me to believe the crush is possible, though, so yeah, it really can go either way here. Callil could've just been jumping to conclusions for all we know. :P

I'm still praying that the RD book doesn't 100% canonize that Geoffrey/Elincia ending though, even though it probably will... Sigh...

YAY RANULF. <3 I love that cat. <3 He's so entertaining and I think his eyes are really cool!

Edited by Anacybele

I'm still praying that the RD book doesn't 100% canonize that Geoffrey/Elincia ending though, even though it probably will... Sigh...

They do tend to avoid to declare any pairings canon or non-canon, so I wouldn't expect it. OTOH, Tellius is the oddball in the newer entries (FE6 and following) in that it doesn't have multiple romantic options for any characters unless you count Ranulf and Soren, so who knows? And to be honest, I think that their infatuation is shown quite explicitly in RD.

By the way, I can't get over how young Bastian (and to a lesser extent) Lucia are supposed to be. I guess, her being 25 by the time RD rolls in is reasonable, but I always pictured Bastian as a man in his thirties and I guess I internally adjusted Lucia's age to that. I mean, dude's basically Crimea's spymaster and I would think that establishing the necessary connections for that would take some time.

Is it weird that I find Renning kinda hot? I bet Elincia's parents were both pretty good looking too. It would totally explain where she got her own amazing beauty from.

He sure looks young ;) I know that I contradict myself, but 39 in a jRPG is old enough to look for a nursery home!

They do tend to avoid to declare any pairings canon or non-canon, so I wouldn't expect it. OTOH, Tellius is the oddball in the newer entries (FE6 and following) in that it doesn't have multiple romantic options for any characters unless you count Ranulf and Soren, so who knows? And to be honest, I think that their infatuation is shown quite explicitly in RD.

By the way, I can't get over how young Bastian (and to a lesser extent) Lucia are supposed to be. I guess, her being 25 by the time RD rolls in is reasonable, but I always pictured Bastian as a man in his thirties and I guess I internally adjusted Lucia's age to that. I mean, dude's basically Crimea's spymaster and I would think that establishing the necessary connections for that would take some time.

I would ask you where this "infatuation" in RD is since I never personally saw it (and I have a pretty good sense about these things), but I hate discussing the topic, and this is not a shipping thread anyway, so I'll just say we both have our interpretations and leave it at that.

Lucia couldn't possibly be over 30. She grew up with Elincia and both were nursed by the same woman. They had to be at least sorta close in age.

Edited by Anacybele

Oh, those illustrations of Ike and Elincia are lovely. ^^ Senri Kita pretty much never disappoints! It's why I'd SO love for her to work on an FE game again.

Naesala's talent is hairdressing. lol

By my estimation, Ragnell/Alondite is at least 1.7m/5'7'' in length, which was the standard length of a German Zweihander. So yeah, it's pretty huge. I kinda used it as a base to estimate character heights.

How tall is Ike, then. My estimate is 178-180 (5'10-11"), at best. at least in FE9.

Yeah, I always thought that PoR Ike was about 5'11" and in RD, he's 6'3"-6'4". Men keep growing until around 21, plus Mist said he and Boyd grew a lot (she described them as growing like beanstalks) and RD Ike is 20, so he actually might not be done growing yet even then! lol

Edited by Anacybele

Except Mist says they grew like beanstalks, like I said, which would refer to height, because beanstalks grow high and quickly. See the story of Jack and the Beanstalk. :P

Plus, she also mentions having to make Ike and Boyd's clothes bigger, and the two don't seem to have filled out much anywhere other than their arms and height (maybe their legs too, but it's hard to tell with the loose-ish pants). Ike is still pretty slim at the waist and stuff, and Boyd's waist doesn't look much bigger than in PoR either.

Edited by Anacybele