Angelcynn: The Myrcian Conflict - Act 3 (Angus' Party)

Shin

"... I'm Lars... Hans is over there..."

Hans moves to 9,17!

Hans gives Angus his Steel Axe!

Lars moves to 9,18!

Lars attacks Thief #6 with his Iron Axe!
13 Atk, 74% Hit, 6% Crit
(96 90)
Lars misses!
Thief #6 counters!
3 Atk, 69% Hit, 12% Crit
(40 25)
Lars takes 3 damage! (28/31 HP remaining)

Lars gains 5 XP!
Lars gains 1 Axe WEXP!

Ywein gestured towards his right shoulder. It was hard to see, but there was some sort of emblem on it. "The swords and the flames represent our power and diversity, anyone with a just heart can fight alongside us, regardless of their choice of arms." he called out. "The chains show our tight bonds, each of us a link that cannot be broken."

The mention of Niko gave Ywein a solemn expression, very different to his charismatic cries. "The rest of us fought to give the boss a chance to escape... Vahn, Frelia, Assam, Gustav, Krieg... their deaths still haunt me... why would I search for a man who had all but abandoned us? So few of us survived... the pain of continuing whilst my comrades had fallen..."

His words were met with a huge roar from his men, it appeared they believed every word he said. "Raewald have killed all our country's messengers to Wyke, warning your king of their treachery. Queen Ethel is plotting to take Myrcia and then Wyke for herself! If your Prince is wise, he would have wondered why he'd received no contact from Deira. If you do not wish to fight, drop your arms and turn back. We will not harm anyone who does not pose a threat. The Reliants are a force of justice, not an assassination squad."

Edited by Shin

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Can't exactly do that." He said, taking out his own crest from his pocket, showing it to Ywein. "The captain of our boat got captured by some bandits up north. Even if we wanted to, we couldn't leave. So, we're trying to just get past and mount a rescue. It's the only reason our group is this far up north, we're just trying to get our boat back, I swear on the honor of this crest." It was clear that whoever they were, they had a distaste for the Wykian royal family. He'd have to bring that up with Owen at some point.

"Please, I'm asking ya...We're just trying to make sure we have a way out, or off, of Magonsaete. At the very least let us do that before sending us back. As a fellow Reliant." He was trying desperately not to piss them off, but was still getting ready to fight should one of them attack.

Edited by Dandragon

"Commander Ywein, allow me to shine some light on a secret Engel's vision seems to have kept hidden from you," Alain smirked, stepping forward and making his presence known. "The Prince that you speak of is only half a day's march behind us, perhaps less. You say that you wish to prevent a war, but how do you think Prince Owen will react if he finds his men slaughtered by the hands of a Deiran mercenary company? The Baron of Kearney rides with us as well. Do not think the Prince will take our deaths lightly," he said. "If your cause is just, and your words are true, then allow us passage so that we may retrieve our captain and continue our journey. Fail to do that Ywein, and you might just give Wyke a reason to ally itself with Raewald after all," he said. "History will not be kind to the man who sparked so great a war..."

Such redacted!

Hans moves to 8,19!

Hans attacks Thief #6 with his Iron Axe!
13 Atk, 85% Hit, 0% Crit
(38 81)
Hans deals 13 damage! (11/24 HP remaining)
Thief #6 counters!
2 Atk, 77% Hit, 16% Crit
(83 66)
Hans dodges!

Hans gains 11 XP!
Hans gains 1 Axe WEXP!

Emily moves to 8,18!

Emily attacks Thief #6 with Fire!
(45 47)
Thief #6 is toast!

Emily gains 47 XP!
Emily gains 2 Tome WEXP!

Emily grows to level 6!
(48 77 74 40 37 81 52 36)
HP up!
Magic up!

"Put down your weapons, we've finished most of the bandits, all that is left is their castle. If you surrender and promise to return home, we will bring your captain to you." Ywein declared, pointing his spear at the castle on the cliff. "Your words are becoming harder to believe, you ask for peace yet you continue to slaughter my men, don't you see what I mean?"

The baron shakes his head--that deal would not fly. Ywein could not grasp the enormity of his mistake, or perhaps he was bound by duty. Either way, Angus would not yield. "No. Th'Prince will pass as 'e chooses. You say Raewald's killin' your diplomats? I'll let 'im know."

Angus trade with Doug, receive Zadkiel's Vulnerary!

Angus equips his Iron Axe!

Angus consumes Zadkiel's Vulnerary! It's so bitter...

Angus Cantos to (10,15)

---

Morganna moves to (7,15)

Morganna equips her Wind!

Morganna casts an Illusion to (7,12)

Angus trades with Doug to get Zadkiel's Vulnerary!

Angus equips his Iron Axe!

Angus drinks Zadkiel's Vulnerary!

It tastes bitter...

A voice echos in Angus' head!

"Right away, Sir Kearney! I am at your disposal!"

Angus regains 15 HP!

Angus cantos to 10,15!

Morganna moves to 7,15!

Morganna equips Wind!

Morganna casts an Illusion on 7,12!

Morganna gains 10 XP!

ENEMY PHASE

Wyvern #2 moves to 7,11!

Wyvern #2 attacks the Illusion!

The illusion fades!

"What strange magic is this! Stay back, men! These people do not fight by the same rules that we do!"

Wyvern #3 moves to 10,14!

Wyvern #3 attacks Angus with his Steel Sword!
7 Atk, 85% Hit, 4% Crit
(49 29)
Angus takes 7 damage! (14/38 HP remaining)
Angus counters!
15 Atk, 75% Hit, 7% Crit, Charge not possible
(86 91)
Angus misses!

Angus gains 5 XP!
Angus gains 1 Axe WEXP!

Wyvern #5 moves to 13,11!

"Squad three should be returning soon..."

Chapter 6C - Turn 3

f6bf0d9e0d35cbae65550c1efbd0474b.png

Doug wasn't sure what was going on. They were in the middle of negotiations, which weren't going particularly well to begin with. While that was going on, Hans and Emily decided to sneak a few more kills in before negotiations were finalized. Unfortunately, Ywein, having a pair of eyeballs, saw this occur and immediately resumed the battle. Doug didn't particularly care for this Ywein anyways. His story was pretty fishy. The rider was more than happy to take back the Reliant name.

"These negotiations sucked anyways," Doug thought as he readied his lance.

Angus offers a frustrated grunt as his axe swings wide of an offending wyvern rider. [We're winnin', sure, but... we're gettin' too hurt for it. I'm torn up somethin' nasty, Doug's taken a big hit, an' the diplomat is...] Angus looks to his side with surprise. Alain was... on the move?! Angus charges in after him--the mage could only last so long at the front, even if he was unleashing hell on his way there.

"I said "don' be a hero", but you seem t'have it figured out, eh? C'mon, let's get you back out." [He seemed a moody fellow, but he's got balls like boulders! What I wouldn' give for men like that.]

Angus to (9,12), equip Bronze Axe, rescue Alain, Canto to (9,15)

Edited by Terrador

Alain moves to 9,15!

Alain attacks Wyvern #3 with Thunder!
18 Atk, 100% Hit, 23% Crit
(98 34)
(97 49)
Dead!

Alain gains 36 XP!
Alain gains 3 Tome WEXP!

Larissa moves to 9,16!

Larissa refreshes Alain!

Larissa gains 15 XP!

Alain moves to 9,11!

Alain wrecks Wyvern #2!
(18 26)
(27 35)

Alain gains 36 XP!
Alain gains 3 Tome WEXP!

Alain grows to level 10!
(16 12 67 23 88 36 67)
HP up!

Angus moves to 9,12!

Angus equips his Bronze Axe!

Angus rescues Alain!

Angus cantos to 9,15!

Morganna moves to 6,16!

Morganna casts an Illusion on 5,14!

Morganna gains 10 XP!

Emily moves to 8,15!

Emily takes Alain!

Emily drops Alain on 7,15!

Hans moves to 7,17!

Lars moves to 8,17!

The body count was starting to pile up. Three men and three wyverns he'd felled already, a shame really. He had no quarrel with the beasts, but stripped them of their life all the same. "I'm not trying to be a hero, but trying to be a diplomat hasn't done much good either, has it?" he chuckled. "Thanks for the lift. Guess I found myself in a bad spot without realizing," he admitted. No time to waste though, there was still more work to be done.

"Normally a gentleman buys the lady a drink."

Doug takes Larissa's vulnerary!

Doug drinks it and regains 9 HP!

Doug cantos to 10,14!

Serge moves to 8,16!

Serge drinks his vulnerary and regains 10 HP!

ENEMY PHASE

"My Reliants... Luthor, Alfred, Sven, Harold, Kevin, Devlan, Norman... forgive your leader... I won't let your deaths be in vain! Push the line forwards... but be careful! Do not let them tempt you into death!"

Ywein becomes determined!

Thief #1 moves to 10,7!

Thief #2 moves to 11,8!

Thief #3 moves to 5,11!

Thief #4 moves to 5,13!

Thief #4 tries to attack the Illusion!

The Illusion fades!

Mage #1 moves to 5,15!

Mage #1 attacks Alain with Frost!
13 Atk, 60% Hit, 0% Crit
(18 85)
Alain takes 13 damage! (9/23 HP remaining)
Alain counters!
10 Atk, 100% Hit, 19% Crit
(60 43)
Alain deals 10 damage! (16/26 HP remaining)
(84 78)
Alain deals 10 damage! (6/26 HP remaining)

Alain gains 10 XP!
Alain gains 2 Tome WEXP!

Wyvern #1 moves to 6,6!

Ywein moves to 8,6!

Wyvern #5 moves to 10,15!

Wyvern #5 attacks Angus with his Steel Sword!
6 Atk, 84% Hit, 3% Crit
(10 97)
Angus takes 6 damage! (8/37 HP remaining)
Angus counters with his Bronze Axe!
11 Atk, 84% Hit, 0% Crit, Charge not possible
(22 7)
Angus deals 11 damage! (19/30 HP remaining)

Angus gains 10 XP!
Angus gains 1 Axe WEXP!

Enemy reinforcements... don't spawn?

"What happened to the team from the south... did they get intercepted?"

A visitor appears!

Chapter 6C - Turn 4

36e326398eed24dbd20f8a1144bbfdab.png

"Might I make use of your tome Morganna?" Alain questioned, offering his Thunder Tome in exchange. "These rogue types... they're a little hard to hit with my thunder magic," he reluctantly admitted.

Alain moves to (4,14)

Trades Thunder for Morganna's Wind

Attacks Thief #4 with Wind (87 HIT, 14 DMG)

"You just got Dougistaned!"

That was the last thing one unfortunate Reliant heard before Doug plowed through him. Just as his flag claimed a castle, so too would it claim a life. The ruler of Dougistan charged forth, bringing the fight to his foes.

Doug attack Wyvern #5 with Over Flag (100 HIT, 19 DMG), Canto to (4,13)

"Such a simple chore."

Morganna moves to 4,15!

Morganna attacks Mage #1 with her Iron Sword!
10 Atk, 100% Hit, 8% Crit
(28 38)
Such dead.

Morganna gains 30 XP!
Morganna gains 2 Sword WEXP!

Morganna grows to level 10!
(72 5 3 70 86 79 72 93)
Strength up!
Magic up!

"Sometimes forget people I can do this."

Larissa moves to 6,15!

Larissa heals Alain to full HP!

Larissa gains 15 XP!

Larissa gains 2 Staff WEXP!

"I'll go first, Mr Diplomat. It'll give you a clean shot!"

Emily moves to 5,15!

Emily attacks Thief #4 with Fire!
17 Atk, 62% Hit, 1% Crit
(11 11)
Thief #4 takes 17 damage! (7/24 HP remaining)

Emily gains 15 XP!
Emily gains 1 Tome WEXP!

Alain moves to 4,14!

"I suppose you can borrow it... if you need the practice."

Alain trades his Thunder for Morganna's Wind!

Alain attacks Thief #4 with Wind!
14 Atk, 87% Hit, 0% Crit
(67 64)
Finish!

Alain gains 47 XP!
Alain gains 2 Tome WEXP!

Doug attacks Wyvern #5 with Overflag!
Wyvern #5 surrenders his life to the power of Dougistan!

Doug gains 36 XP!
Doug gains 2 Lance WEXP!
Doug reaches C Lances!

Once again, Serge motioned for Hans and Lars to position themselves on the battlefield, before he himself drew his sword and moved himself.

Serge to (5,14)

Hans to (4, 16)

Lars to (5, 16)

Edited by Dandragon

Angus gently pops his neck, craning to see everything he could. They seemed to be bunching up around the cliff, taking out what enemies they could and staying out of range of two of the remaining wyvern knights. That said, Alain's flank was exposed, and that couldn't be allowed. Angus rides quickly into position, but between his blood loss and the looming lizards, he felt a tad queezy.

"Oi, eh... Sir Duhamel. Mind if I borrow tha'? Feel like every one of these buggers has taken a piece of me."

Angus to (3,14)

Angus trades with Alain, gives Zadkiel's Vulnerary (why does this still have a slot T_T), obtains Vulnerary!

Angus uses the Vulnerary!

Edited by Terrador

Serge moves to 5,14!

Hans moves to 4,16!

Lars moves to 5,16!

Angus moves to 3,14!

Angus takes Alain's Vulnerary!

Angus drinks it to regain 10 HP!

There's still a bad taste in his mouth...

ENEMY PHASE

"Forgive me, my Reliants... this foe is far more powerful than I imagined... anyone who leaves or surrenders shall not be judged harshly, you've gotta get away... get away..."

Nobody seems to want to leave!

Thief #1 moves to 8,10!

Thief #2 moves to 9,10!

Thief #3 moves to 5,13!

Thief #3 attacks Serge with his Parrying Dagger!
5 Atk, 80% Hit, 0% Crit
(27 83)
Serge takes 5 damage! (30/35 HP remaining)
Serge counters!
17 Atk, 47% Hit, 2% Crit, 10% Adept, Charge not possible
(60 49)
Serge misses!
(15)
(15 21)
Serge takes 5 more damage! (25/30 HP remaining)

Serge gains 5 XP!
Serge gains 1 Sword WEXP!

Wyvern #1 moves to 6,12!

Wyvern #4 moves to 3,13!

Wyvern #4 attacks Angus with his Iron Blade
8 Atk, 82% Hit, 5% Crit
(60 66)
Angus takes 8 damage! (10/38 HP remaining)
Angus counters!
10 Atk, 87% Hit, 0% Crit, Charge not possible
(78 8)
Angus deals 10 damage! (20/30 HP remaining)

Angus gains 10 XP!
Angus gains 1 Axe WEXP!

Ywein moves to 7,12!

OTHER PHASE

El Zilcho!

Chapter 6C - Turn 5

87111b08010f7f5d7d3f624f97ca2d46.png

Angus groans softly at the impact of yet another sword--things didn't look good. No, not the tiniest bit. [We're up on th'wall now, I'm hurt, an' Ywein's far too close. We can't run, an' if we go in swingin', we could get slaughtered. There's got t'be a way out--dammit, I know there has to be!] He keeps his gaze on the nearest wyvern, ignoring his pet's cries of anxiety, but in the corner of his eye looms the great enemy, holy and furious, the lynchpin of these "Reliants"' entire attack. This battle could only result in severe losses if he still rode the skies.

[There ain't anythin' else we can do, is there.] Angus despairs. Even in perfect victory, this battlefield would be the site of tragedy. He had no desire to cry out, to call for Ywein's head on a silver platter.

But he had his duty.

"Wykians! Allies! We're takin' the commander! Serge!" Baron Kearney indicates the three mages with his eyes, after meeting those of the Reliants' supposed inheritor for the briefest moment. "Get th'mages in, ignore everythin' else! Do or die!" There was every chance that Ywein's death wouldn't break the enemy, but it was their only hope. Angus could not surrender. Not while his prince expected him to fight.

Hearing Angus' cry sent a shiver down Alain's spine. Matters of life and death were not foreign to Alain, though he hardly looked like someone who had experienced such trials. Indeed, he was no longer the ragged boy running around pilfering food and money on the streets of Raewald. He had years of education, presentable attire, and a title he didn't dare dream about as a child. But here, on the battlefield, it seemed things had come around full circle once more. Death truly was always at his heel, but he intended to keep running. My enemy carries a spear forged in Engel's name. Belial, if you can hear me, give me the strength to overcome this foe.

"Madame Larissa, you've done me a great service in this battle, but if you might grace me with one more dance. Let us show our dear commander here that he will find no shelter among the skies," he said, turning to the two women behind him. "Be prepared to follow my lead, we claim victory here!"

Alain to (5,12), attack Ywein with Wind (14 DMG, 87 HIT, -- CRT)
Larissa to (4,12), refresh Alain
Alain to (7,10), attack Ywein with Wind (14 DMG, 87 HIT, -- CRT)