An Issue with the Mystery of the Emblem Translation

Pogohg

I have a bit of a problem with the Mystery of the Emblem (Monshou no Nazo, if you will) translation patch. I can't tell if the ROM I have just isn't a header or if my emulator just sucks (I'm using SNES9x).

The ROM works fine when I don't patch it, but it won't work when I patch it. I know there are two versions of the game out there, and I've gotten them both and patched them with their respective patches, but it's the same result with both of them.

I'm using Windows 10 and can't seem to find a version of SNESTool that works, so I have no idea of what to do.

SNESTool is a DOS application, and is not compatible with Win10. I believe the patches require headers. To check if there is a header, open the rom in a hex editor and the first 0x200 bytes or so should be zeros. To apply headers, you can download DOSBox and run SNESTool within DOSBox; drag SNESTool onto the DOSBox shortcut.

SNESTool is a DOS application, and is not compatible with Win10. I believe the patches require headers. To check if there is a header, open the rom in a hex editor and the first 0x200 bytes or so should be zeros. To apply headers, you can download DOSBox and run SNESTool within DOSBox; drag SNESTool onto the DOSBox shortcut.

or You can use NSRT. It's compatable with windows 10, and adds headers if they do not exist. FInd it here: http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/400/

FYI, NSRT makes it really easy to accidently add a header to everything in a folder by "scaning" the whole folder. Make sure to scan onlythe rom you want.

Alternetevly, you can Add a header manualy in a hex editer.

Edited by sirmola

I don't know what a hex editor is. But thank you

A hex editer is a program that allows you to manualy edit the binary data that composes computer files. They are useful for romhacking.

Where can I find one?

If you google hex editor you'll probably find several options on the first page alone. Not sure which ones are considered the best though.

Edited by Matthewtheman