FE Fates Tier List

Can you explain why Fuga and Reina are so low? In my experience they're invaluble in Revelation.

Not sure on Fuga, but Reina should be higher considering she comes in with pretty good stats and great utility for moving around. Her personal and getting Amaterasu are pretty sweet if you feel like leveling her. Again there is no context for which this tier system is based on so there really isn't much to discuss.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Birthright Hayato is almost always going to be placed in the Low Tier

Because people simply don't understand Paralogue 1 should be partially saved for Hayato. Him and a tank, preferably Rinkah, can easily destory the entire upper half of the map.

Chapter 9 has armor and cavaliers, and Hayato already starts to be useful there if he got to level 3 or something.

dude safely one rounds the toughest enemies in the game (Wyverns/Generals/GKs) without any help, with Rally Speed and a dual striker, easily does the same vs Zerks.

I say he is easily mid-high, only stopping short of the high tier because of the minumum babying and slightly shaky hit rate.

Well, Mozu isn't better than Takumi. Like she doesn't outfoxed him at all. Sure she will definitely be your second best Archer. Maybe she could stand a chance if Takumi didn't have Fujiin Yumi. I wasn't actually including DLC when making this tier list. And for people asking What the purpose of this tier list is, it is mostly because I just wanted to make a tier list of what I thought people would rank the characters in this game and receive feedback on whose placement was wrong and whose was right and also to see other peoples tier lists as well.

ok but

Mozu's level 10 averages: 20.5 HP, 11.85 Str, 14.75 Skill, 14.2 Speed, 7.4 Luck, 8.95 Def, 5.6 Res

Takumi's stats on join at Lv11: 26 HP, 13 Str, 17 Skill, 11 Speed, 13 Luck, 10 Def, 4 Res

Mozu's level 20 averages: 25.5 HP, 18.35 Str, 22.25 Skill, 22 Speed, 13.4 Luck, 14.45 Def, 9.6 Res

Takumi's level 20 averages: 31.4 HP, 17.5 Str, 23.75 Skill, 15.95 Speed, 17.5 Luck, 15.05 Def, 5.8 Res

Mozu's level 10 averages in full Kinshi Knight: 29.1 HP, 22.3 Str, 31 Skill, 32 Speed, 22.7 Luck, 18.5 Def, 20.55 Res

Takumi's level 10 averages in full Kinshi Knight: 35.9 HP, 20.1 Str, 32.5 Skill, 23.9 Speed, 25.9 Luck, 17.2 Def, 14.95 Res

what's an archer's most important stat? i guess it has to be luck since takumi is somehow clearly better than mozu

like i'll agree he has an early lead on her since she wants your first heart seal and needs a lot more help to orko mooks on takumi's join chapter

but he does not maintain this lead well at all

with regard to the fujin yumi, it isn't a deal-breaker at all; its mt is tied with +1 steel yumis and its added effect is superseded by flight

not to mention that br has virtually no terrain outside takumi's join chapter so it has very little room to shine even if you make him a sniper

if you're going to argue with me that takumi beats mozu in rev where you get more heart seals and mozu has even more of a lead on takumi then i don't know what to say

also i have no thoughts on the child tier-list because i mostly play no-kids, all i know is ophelia breaks the game clean in half on the one route with any difficulty so she should be tippy-top

edit: okay i see kana is on top for a non-pvp setting and dwyer is at rock bottom. did you just rng this or something?

Edited by DoesntKnowHowToPlay

The child tier list in the OP has fucking in-game kana + dog + royal wow kids in high tier with dwyer and nina on bottom.

I just assumed it was a joke or entirely based on Doesnt's tier system.

Child only ranking for all 3 routes: This is so fucking arbitrary

Ophelia (GG I win on join)

Soliel (GG I win on join)

Bottomless canyon

Another bottomless canyon

More bottomless canyons

Sophie and Dwyer

Nina

Other early kids not named kana or midori

Rally speed man

Bottomless canyon

Late kids

Don't use kana and midori ingame

Dont use kana and midoriingame

Please god why are you using kana (s)he has gunther growths

Wow 6 move and 1-1 range is so good. It's fine let me just reclass into these Eranks.

Edited by joshcja

O

The child tier list in the OP has fucking in-game kana + dog + royal wow kids in high tier with dwyer and nina on bottom.

I just assumed it was a joke or entirely based on Doesnt's tier system.

Child only ranking for all 3 routes: This is so fucking arbitray

Ophelia

Soliel

Bottomless canyon

Another bottomless canyon

Pictures of naked grandmothers

Sophie and Dwyer

Other early kids not named kana or midori

Rally speed man

Bottomless canyon

Late kids

Don't use kana and midori ingame

Dont use kana and midoriingame

Please god why are you using kana (s)he has gunther growths

Wow 6 move and 1-1 range is so good. It's fine let me just reclass into these Eranks.

Oh wow. Sorry I did not mean to put Kana that high lol, or Midori for that manner. I don't know what you mean by dog in Op tier but I stand by my opinion of Nina and especially Dwyer. Edited by 1japanfan

In what way is Nina inferior to Ignatius, Kana, Midori, Mitama, and Selkie? At absolute least, I'd put her in the top 40-30% of the kids. Outlaw utility, great offensive Growths (with proper parents, but that's pretty much assumed if you tier the kids), 10 Move as a Bow Knight, Staff utility as an Adventurer. This is all without any Class inheritance from her mother. Even in a mediocre Pairing she still has more innate utility than most of the kids. She's basically a statistically better Niles, which is pretty good. She's a lot better than "Takumi with no Fujin Yumi", "Even more frail Kaden" or "Faster Benny". I don't mean to sound bitter, but this whole Topic just seems ill informed.

Edited by Avalanche

Why is Rinkah always so low on these? I assume it's because people see that she can use axes(clubs) then just think that she's supposed to deal out a lot of damage even though she's always had higher defense than strength

It's also a GFAQs meme...

In what way is Nina inferior to Ignatius, Kana, Midori, Mitama, and Selkie? At absolute least, I'd put her in the top 40-30% of the kids. Outlaw utility, great offensive Growths (with proper parents, but that's pretty much assumed if you tier the kids), 10 Move as a Bow Knight, Staff utility as an Adventurer. This is all without any Class inheritance from her mother. Even in a mediocre Pairing she still has more innate utility than most of the kids. She's basically a statistically better Niles, which is pretty good. She's a lot better than "Takumi with no Fujin Yumi" or "Faster Benny". I don't mean to sound bitter, but this whole Topic just seems ill informed.

Thanks for your input. I adjusted the tier list accordingly. What other changes to the list would you make since to make it less "I'll-inofrmed?"

Thanks for your input. I adjusted the tier list accordingly. What other chanwges to the list would you make since to make it less "I'll-inofrmed?"

Separate lists for each Route is the most obvious place to start. I'm sorry, but I don't see any real point in trying to meld all 3 Routes into an "Overall" Tier List for Fates. Certain characters perform so radically differently on each Route, it's simply not accurate for someone who hasn't played Revelation before to see this Tier list and assume that Effie will be as immediately useful as Oboro or Keaton.

Also, I know you outlined your criteria in the first post, but I think you need to make a few more details immediately clear...

1. Is DLC allowed? (Extra Classes, Paragon Scroll ect.)

2. Can you use Challenges to grind characters?

3. Are you Tiering Kids based on their performances compared to each other, or the first Generation as well?

4. Are My Castle Battles allowed in order to grind Support Points? (This is pretty moot in all non-Conquest Routes if you can use Challenges.)

5. Is this for a casually paced run or an "Efficient" playthrough?

Edited by Avalanche

ok but

Mozu's level 10 averages: 20.5 HP, 11.85 Str, 14.75 Skill, 14.2 Speed, 7.4 Luck, 8.95 Def, 5.6 Res

Takumi's stats on join at Lv11: 26 HP, 13 Str, 17 Skill, 11 Speed, 13 Luck, 10 Def, 4 Res

Mozu's level 20 averages: 25.5 HP, 18.35 Str, 22.25 Skill, 22 Speed, 13.4 Luck, 14.45 Def, 9.6 Res

Takumi's level 20 averages: 31.4 HP, 17.5 Str, 23.75 Skill, 15.95 Speed, 17.5 Luck, 15.05 Def, 5.8 Res

Mozu's level 10 averages in full Kinshi Knight: 29.1 HP, 22.3 Str, 31 Skill, 32 Speed, 22.7 Luck, 18.5 Def, 20.55 Res

Takumi's level 10 averages in full Kinshi Knight: 35.9 HP, 20.1 Str, 32.5 Skill, 23.9 Speed, 25.9 Luck, 17.2 Def, 14.95 Res

what's an archer's most important stat? i guess it has to be luck since takumi is somehow clearly better than mozu

like i'll agree he has an early lead on her since she wants your first heart seal and needs a lot more help to orko mooks on takumi's join chapter

but he does not maintain this lead well at all

with regard to the fujin yumi, it isn't a deal-breaker at all; its mt is tied with +1 steel yumis and its added effect is superseded by flight

not to mention that br has virtually no terrain outside takumi's join chapter so it has very little room to shine even if you make him a sniper

if you're going to argue with me that takumi beats mozu in rev where you get more heart seals and mozu has even more of a lead on takumi then i don't know what to say

also i have no thoughts on the child tier-list because i mostly play no-kids, all i know is ophelia breaks the game clean in half on the one route with any difficulty so she should be tippy-top

edit: okay i see kana is on top for a non-pvp setting and dwyer is at rock bottom. did you just rng this or something?

Mozu will never be the same level as Takumi lol. Takumi can actually get kills while Mozu can't without help because of her atrocious bases. Takumi starts out ahead and will stay ahead for the entire game.

With regards to the speed difference Takumi supports every women from Hoshido aka the land of speed pair ups. With tonics and Hana S rank pairup he gets +9 speed which can go even higher with rally speed and mess hall.

Fujin yumi is so much better than Steel yumi. Not only do you get if for free but it has higher hit, no speed penalty, and even gives Takumi more avoid compared to the negative avoid from the steel yumi.

They're both pretty mediocre since they're archers but at least Takumi can kill shit with no investment.

Mozu will never be the same level as Takumi lol. Takumi can actually get kills while Mozu can't without help because of her atrocious bases. Takumi starts out ahead and will stay ahead for the entire game.

With regards to the speed difference Takumi supports every women from Hoshido aka the land of speed pair ups. With tonics and Hana S rank pairup he gets +9 speed which can go even higher with rally speed and mess hall.

Fujin yumi is so much better than Steel yumi. Not only do you get if for free but it has higher hit, no speed penalty, and even gives Takumi more avoid compared to the negative avoid from the steel yumi.

They're both pretty mediocre since they're archers but at least Takumi can kill shit with no investment.

why are you pairing people to the fucking archer

their whole point is staying unpaired so they can give and receive dual strike support

and if you insist on doing otherwise, it's not like mozu is a pariah that is incapable of finding a husband for herself (cough azama hinata hayato jakob the entire nohrian male cast cough) or using tonics herself...if she somehow needs them...

Hayato is consistently stronger than all of the magic weapon users. And Horse spirit.

By the time it takes to get Hayato up to speed, you could have built up Corrin's hidden weapons or lance ranks so an actually bulky unit could be dealing magic damage in better classes. Would you rather have a frail Onmyoji or a +Mag Paladin/Master Ninja.

By the time it takes to get Hayato up to speed, you could have built up Corrin's hidden weapons or lance ranks so an actually bulky unit could be dealing magic damage in better classes. Would you rather have a frail Onmyoji or a +Mag Paladin/Master Ninja.

You don't have to go onmyoji you could go oni chieftain, which I found to be a superior option. skill was kinda low but his magic was good and his defence, which having high of is a valuable asset in birthright, was fantastic.

You don't have to go onmyoji you could go oni chieftain, which I found to be a superior option. skill was kinda low but his magic was good and his defence, which having high of is a valuable asset in birthright, was fantastic.

That dosen't affect my argument that Hayato isn't worth training in BR when you could be raising weapon levels.

why are you pairing people to the fucking archer

their whole point is staying unpaired so they can give and receive dual strike support

and if you insist on doing otherwise, it's not like mozu is a pariah that is incapable of finding a husband for herself (cough azama hinata hayato jakob the entire nohrian male cast cough) or using tonics herself...if she somehow needs them...

Why not? Guard Stance is way better than Attack stance especially in BR where your juggernauts in GS are destroying everything on enemy phase. Archers aren't doing much of anything while this is going on so might as well give them a pairing to guarantee the kill on player phase. Besides it was more to illustrate that Takumi's speed is easy to fix.

Mozu needs str and spd to get going since her bases in those are the lowest of any physical unit in the entire cast. Her best pairings are Nohrians but they don't exist in BR and join late in RV. Azama gives her worthless boosts(mag/lck/res) unless you reclass him and even then she gets no spd. Hayato/Jakob gives the spd she wants but no str until BR13 when you get another heart seal. RV does give you more heart seals but RV enemies also have the highest stats of any route and Mozu still has the lowest bases of any unit. To put this in perspective Subaki(the guy with highest base str in the RV9 joiners) with Rinka pairup fails to even 2RKO most enemies on RV9. Even Jakob/Hayato support can't help her with that. Hinata is a good pairing for her but every chick wants Hinata so it's kinda hard to justify prioritizing Mozu over people like Kagero/Hinoka/Oboro who can actually kill stuff with Hinata's boost. Thats not even going into how even with a good Mozu pairing you still need to set up kills for her whereas Takumi can use almost any of the BR women and kill stuff.

Edited by lazydoggamer

That dosen't affect my argument that Hayato isn't worth training in BR when you could be raising weapon levels.

raising weapon level and having a decent weapon level isn't hard if you've started building it early game. You made a point of mentioning the fragility of the onmyoji class, so I gave you a better option. In addition you don't need to worry about hayatos weapon level cause he starts at D which is required for horse spirit. Hayato is a bulky magic user that just needs a bit of babying. He is worth using.

Why not? Guard Stance is way better than Attack stance especially in BR where your juggernauts in GS are destroying everything on enemy phase. Archers aren't doing much of anything while this is going on so might as well give them a pairing to guarantee the kill on player phase. Besides it was more to illustrate that Takumi's speed is easy to fix.

Mozu needs str and spd to get going since her bases in those are the lowest of any physical unit in the entire cast. Her best pairings are Nohrians but they don't exist in BR and join late in RV. Azama gives her worthless boosts(mag/lck/res) unless you reclass him and even then she gets no spd. Hayato/Jakob gives the spd she wants but no str until BR13 when you get another heart seal. RV does give you more heart seals but RV enemies also have the highest stats of any route and Mozu still has the lowest bases of any unit. To put this in perspective Subaki(the guy with highest base str in the RV9 joiners) with Rinka pairup fails to even 2RKO most enemies on RV9. Even Jakob/Hayato support can't help her with that. Hinata is a good pairing for her but every chick wants Hinata so it's kinda hard to justify prioritizing Mozu over people like Kagero/Hinoka/Oboro who can actually kill stuff with Hinata's boost. Thats not even going into how even with a good Mozu pairing you still need to set up kills for her whereas Takumi can use almost any of the BR women and kill stuff.

Edit: Holy shit you argued against rev mozu. I am so sorry about your mental disability. You are so brave.

Edited by joshcja

You take only one chapter to get Hayato up to speed. Pride and his own speed get his damage output to be good even at lower levels.

The fact that there are better choices does not at all invalidate the argument that Hayato is good. by the time it gets to take anyone up to speed you could be grooming a corrin that is better than then, unless your name is ryoma, azura or xander.

Hayato is not frail. you want frail? Setsuna and Felicia are consistently one-shotted by anything not using magic throughout most of the game. Sure, he isn't bulky either, but as a mage his job is to ORKO bulky enemies that almost never are able to fight back. and if they do fight back? Hayato's HP, DEF and RES are high enough that he will never be fearing death from a simple counterattack.

Your strategy requires reclassing an E-rank hell, too. If you do that by Paralogue 1, it means you don't get bowzu, and in a no dlc tier list also means Azama is hopeless. It also means you will be spending the next few chapters with a meh corrin that is built for magic but has no magic weapons to make use of, while you lose the mixed tanking abilities of draccorin and later on also forces Hinoka to either rely on the javelin for 1-2 damage or simply go with nothing until you get Dawn Armory 3.

That's a lot of things you are giving up when you could just feed half of mozu's map to hayato and have a good unit that sacrifices absolutely nothing, and also makes Rinkah very much worth using (earlygame Hayato likes Rinkah's seal res so that he and felciai can destroy the bulkier units. Lategame Rinkah loves hayato's rally magic to make her able to ORKO the likes of Wyverns and Generals)

Real talk.

Hayato is the "best" (Read, the only) non Corin Magic-Dad in Br and he can build for some decent endgame EP action, it's not a particularly wide niche but it's still a niche.

Edited by joshcja

Your strategy requires reclassing an E-rank hell, too. If you do that by Paralogue 1, it means you don't get bowzu, and in a no dlc tier list also means Azama is hopeless. It also means you will be spending the next few chapters with a meh corrin that is built for magic but has no magic weapons to make use of, while you lose the mixed tanking abilities of draccorin and later on also forces Hinoka to either rely on the javelin for 1-2 damage or simply go with nothing until you get Dawn Armory 3.

Why would you use the early game Heart Seal on Mozu or Azama, both of them most likely won't see any use unless you want to murder your turncount. The first Heart Seal should only go to Corrin or Jakob 1.