deleting my account

Quamosthy

I'm done with this site. Well and truly. I have never felt more unwelcome anywhere than I have felt here these past few days. As such, I would like my account here to be deleted, but I don't know how to do it. Thank-you in advance for the help.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're free to change your password to some long RNG string, and promptly forget about it.

You're also free to PM me, if you want to rant or something.

Can you tell me what's up? Like, why would you feel that way? I, myself, may not be super "welcomed" in this place. But, hey, I've around for ages (literally, it's been almost 8 years). I can commend this place. It's actually one of the few I'd feel "at home". It's actually quite the opposite of what you just described...

I can understand why you would feel like this, feeling unwelcomed at a community is a nasty feeling, but I ask to possibly reconsider. I've only been here for a year but there was a time where I had done something I had regretted and felt so embarrassed and so idiotic I felt like leaving the site. If it wasn't for a person who convinced me to stay I would've been long gone, and I am so glad I stayed. Yeah, I'd be the first to admit that this site isn't perfect. I've had my annoyances with it and the people here, but it's only a drop in the ocean compared to all the great experiences and people here, and not to sound cheesy, but I wouldn't give it up for the world. The year had made me much more comfortable with the Internet and others.

Edited by CooledEvergreen

I fade into the background on most sites I go on, this one happens to be a rare exception.

I dunno why you feel unwelcome, but do remember that this is a gigantic site and thus it's inevitable for there to be jerks. Heck, I admit my pessimism regarding recent entries might make people dislike me... But at the same time, eh, opinions. If that's what's bothering you, opinions differing is an inevitable aspect of fandom in a series with entries so different from each other.

I'm sorry you feel unwelcomed here. Welp, if you're truly leaving, I'd like to say that I really liked those PMU stories you made, and enjoyed speaking to you in chat. But if you really are gone, then I'd like to give you my goodbyes, and I wish you luck in life, wherever it may go.

I'm done with this site. Well and truly. I have never felt more unwelcome anywhere than I have felt here these past few days. As such, I would like my account here to be deleted, but I don't know how to do it. Thank-you in advance for the help.

I'm not entirely sure where this part came from, considering that of your threads:

Quamosthy, if you have genuine problems with either this forum or its members, you have the power to help us find them and fix them. Unfortunately, being vague about why you're unhappy and unsatisfied with Serenes Forest won't help anybody, as you definitely should feel like you at least got your time's worth out of this forum, given your lengthy posts in the ~month that you've been a member here. If you feel unwelcome, please let us know what we, as members (and staff) can do to make this place more special, and we'll certainly do what we can.

If you have issues with other members bothering you privately then contact our mods or an admin. Judging from your post history you've had absolutely no issues on our message boards, and you've never been involved in a report, so if you decided you didn't want to be a part of the forum then you could've left without making up drama lol. No community is for everyone, regardless of how large it is - some people are going to feel like they don't fit in with the general userbase (without tooting our own horns, SF is a pretty inclusive and diverse community), and there's absolutely nothing wrong or abnormal with feeling that way and deciding not to be a part of it. But leave gracefully, don't make up wrongdoings.

This looks more like a temper tantrum or cry for attention than anything else, site content is certainly not the place for that, so it's going to FFTF. As for the original request, we don't delete accounts on policy.

Edited by Tangerine

According to mysticalEnchanter, this person has been in chat. It could be possible something happened in there

And well, not everybody really thinks about the report function and don't think to use it. But at least now they can know (if they ever do decide to stay)

But yeah you can't/won't get your account deleted, probably the least you can do is just try to stay away, if you are really set on not sticking around

I do feel like the complaining was a little overboard though ^-^; A simple request would have worked well enough to find out the information you want, any more is a bit superfluous

Most of the problem is/was not from lack of support or being ignored, but rather the general hostility towards Christians or belief in God that I've seen. Being a Christian, it made me feel like this was not a place I should be. I've had good experiences here, that's not something I'll deny, but I hardly feel like it's possible for me to belong here after all that. I'll give this site one more chance, but I am one hurtful comment away from changing my password to something I won't even know.

Most of the problem is/was not from lack of support or being ignored, but rather the general hostility towards Christians or belief in God that I've seen. Being a Christian, it made me feel like this was not a place I should be. I've had good experiences here, that's not something I'll deny, but I hardly feel like it's possible for me to belong here after all that. I'll give this site one more chance, but I am one hurtful comment away from changing my password to something I won't even know.

blame makaze and be blessed with good fortune????

i kinda agree, and it's not just serious discussion, though i am kind of curious exactly what you're referring to

but at the same time that's just specific people and probably not worth basing everything on. anywhere you go will probably have at least someone that views your religion as being wrong, just as another might view atheism as being wrong. put those people on ignore if you want, you don't have to leave the site.

Edited by Tryhard

We have plenty of Christians on the forum, three of our staff members are, we also have a Muslim staff member and a bunch of atheist ones - a couple people being "hostile" towards your religion doesn't represent our entire forum. There are rules against discriminating against people based on their religion, but we're not going to prevent people from being critical of a religion in an open discussion if it's within reason.

Edited by Tangerine

Sorry to hear that. I've found the people here generally pretty nice. I get the feeling that some people don't like me, but it's inevitable with a large community.

I'm Catholic, sorta. I was raised as such and still have faith, but I haven't been able to get my son baptized, because the priest doesn't approve of my lifestyle. So I don't know if I still count. I've seen intolerance on both sides, but that's everywhere, and not exclusive to SF.

Feel free to PM if you ever want to discuss theology or need to rant about anything.

Edited by Rezzy

blame makaze and be blessed with good fortune????

If I have to settle for one, I'll blame Makaze.

EDIT:

but I am one hurtful comment away from changing my password to something I won't even know.

I'm not trying to be mean, but if you are simply watching for a hurtful comment in general, there is probably a post that was made in between yours and mine containing a hurtful comment, even if you didn't see it.

EDIT2: This part got eaten, probably due to rich text editor. Anyway, I don't know exactly what comments you have problems with and exactly what ones you don't, but if you're going to avoid people and places based on them making comments you think are offensive, you should consider whether you have a problem with comments that are offensive to people generally, or just towards you or people like you. If there is unfair criticism, I think it should be a problem regardless of whether it applies to you or someone else. I think that's more important than whether you choose to stay here specifically.

Edited by HELP

Uh ya that was made before he said the thing about one more hurtful comment, so it's not relevant.

I think OP is a girl.