Lord Xander, The Next Hero-King! - Help Needed With a Hero!Xander

Red Striker

I was battling online earlier tonight with a new - and first - team I had built, and right away started taking notes on what could be improved. When I was looking over Xander's set, I ran into a conflict between Skills...

The set:

Hero!Xander

Skills: Wary Fighter / Swordfaire / Trample / Aggressor / Luna

Stat Caps: Str 34 / Mag x / Skl 34 / Spd 31 / Lck 33 / Def 31 (+4) / Res 25

The problem: The set actually packs quite a punch, but my problem comes in when my highest hit rate was from Siegfried at around 84% on average. I do want to correct this by replacing a Skill with Certain Blow, but I'm not sure what to replace. I could replace Luna, except the whole point of the build is to be a Str/Skl-based psychically defensive wallbreaker; Luna, while it only procs 34% of the time, is still excellent for those build types. I could replace Swordfaire or Trample (more likely to be Swordfaire for consistency's sake), except then I'm ditching a more consistent option when compared to Luna. Lastly, given the nature of the set, Aggressor should probably stay, and Wary Fighter also needs to stay unless I have a death wish with Xander's low 31 Spd stat.

Edited by Red Striker

Xander could A+ rank Kaze for the Ninja class or Ryoma (Revelation-only) for the Samurai class to fix his Speed problem so you can replace Wary Fighter with Certain Blow.

Edited by Roflolxp54

I'm not sure about that one. It's not too bad of an idea, but for starters, I'd have to make a new file, since Hero is only accessible through A+ Support with Laslow. Also, I'd have to completely switch Xander's role from a Str/Skl-based physically defensive wallbreaker to a Spd/Skl-based fast wallbreaker, and I feel there are other Units that simply do it a lot better. The same two things apply to making Xander a Ninja Master, too.

Besides, Xander would look like a total weeaboo in both classes.

Edited by Red Striker

I would actually consider using Lucky Seven instead of Certain Blow so that you get the hit bonus on enemy phase as well. I would drop Trample for it. Also, buy Rend Heaven from someone's castle and replace Luna with it.

I suppose most battles are quick enough to where Lucky Seven is still considerable. As for Rend Heaven, I'm still mixed up on how it works. I don't really like RH because if the enemy Mag-based unit has almost no Str, there's little more damage to be had (and vice versa).