GBA Critical Collection REDUX: Looking for input

shadowofchaos

i am in full support of that many people killing kelik

Pfft, Kelik. Everyone from DoF needs to beat up Seymour. And maybe a bunch of people not from DoF. :P:

i am in full support of that many people killing kelik

Probably on customs.

Only Renair and Seig could kill him in the Lord section because Beta Eirika didn't have a ranged sword crit. And Seig I'd freaking Sigurd/Eliwood so I figured why not.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I'd say no customs entirely and screw all text forever but I don't think my opinion matters to you or the people wanting this video.

Edited by Irysa

Here's the thing with text:

When it's regular ROMs, I have easy access to addresses and nightmare module edits since I have them documented.

When it's ROM hacks like EN, it's not hard, but it's painfully tedious to get the memory addresses, text addresses, and event table locations.

So killing event vs. character specific battle dialogue is... urgh.

And most crappy custom anims are getting the axe. Things like Dragon Nils, FE11 Armorknight, Halberdier, and Berserker fix by Yeti are the only ones getting the pass.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Just don't forget Monster crits from Sacred Stones. That was one thing you severely lacked in the old one. I forget if Dragon crits from Binding Blade are in that one or not, but if not, don't forget those either. On customs, put FE10 Fighter in there because of how widely it's used, and because it's actually good.

"Severely lacked" is a little harsh considering uploads were strictly limited to 11 minutes back then and there was no room for the monsters.

Edited by shadowofchaos

We can't see some of lyn's afterimages due to the fire dragon's size in the sol katti critical.

Roy using Durandal on Nergal has the same problem to a lesser degree due to how the sword just kind of goes into his expansive cloak.

I don't really have preferences for the victims, as long as they aren't visually distracting or large (I get that sword/lance clipping into sprites and them disapperaing around it is common, but I think the affect is weaker in extreme cases)., so I guess I have a little bias to beating down generic bandits and soldiers.

Here's the question, are you viewing it in 720p 60fps?

The after images have always been a problem on YouTube.

As for Eliwood and Beta Durandal, animations have a layer 2 for a hit animation, exactly so that the weapon looks like it's stabbing the enemy.

The "clipping into sprites" is an intended design in the animation code itself.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Here's the question, are you viewing it in 720p 60fps?

The after images have always been a problem on YouTube.

As for Eliwood and Beta Durandal, animations have a layer 2 for a hit animation, exactly so that the weapon looks like it's stabbing the enemy.

The "clipping into sprites" is an intended design in the animation code itself.

I played it in 720p 60fps on my end and saw the afterimages in her crits fine on my end.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it's the same with the Male and Female variety of Myrmidons and Mages. And I got complaints long ago that I didn't give representation.

I mean, I don't think it's a big deal to skip it if it takes too much effort.

I mean, we have a female hero.

Edited by shadowofchaos