How are you supposed to train Bond Units?

saisymbolic

So, I have a metric ton of Bond Units that I want to train up but there is an oversight concerning their classes. They start in an inherited class but, when you Parallel Seal them, they cannot go back to the initial class or the secondary promotional class of it (I think that is how it works).

So, my question is: how are you supposed to train Bond Units and get them skills? Are are they just useless and stuck with getting DLC skills and the skills of whatever secondary class and promotion class (outside of the Nohr Prince(ss) line) you swap them into? Also, sorry in advance if my information is incorrect or confusing.

The best I can say is that if you are deadset on keeping them in the final class that is a promotion of their initial class that isn't available through their other base class, then the most you can do in terms of skills are those learned via level ups and DLC skill manuals unless you're willing to hack your bond unit (ie. using the Powersaves device to hack in skills or to modify their current class).

I personally see bond units as generic units but with inherited/personal skills, more class options, and actually good level ups. But it is definitely a big oversight that they can't return to their original class if reclassed. If it really bothers you, you could use their secondary as a base instead and go from there. It is not like their portrait matches up with their original class anyways.