A possible way the Mobile FE could work

Jedi

Now as we are still speculating how this Mobile game will work, I myself am wondering if it'll be like one of those anime card based games, like the Dragon Ball Z one called Dokkan Battle, which is basically, you get summon stones to summon characters throughout the Dragon Ball verse (through various events and banners having different characters with certain ones being really rare with low drop chances), and they all have different attack values and you have various ways to power them up etc. The gameplay is simple as well, just little boards and the battles you get into use some kind of rpg system, thats simple yet weird to explain.

But anyways my point is, I think something like this could work for FE, instead of like how Dokkan Battle plays, you'd play it like GBA (the most simple of the FE engines). FE and you could get characters throughout the franchise and level/promote them and they'd probably have passive skills and all that good stuff to differ from each other, with games of this nature characters or cards would be common, Rare this goes onward to the likes of (SR) and (UR), now in these types of games, your in game currency to spend on getting new characters/cards is gained slowly through the main games quests or by transactions with real money, or by logging in consistently among other things.

While I highly doubt this is what they'll be going for, I think this would work out really well, maybe have Global events too and the like, make sure that those who don't want to spend actual money can have their own category to do events in too though.

Sorry if this is hard to read... I woke up not too long ago.

Edited by Jedi

Yeah, I can see Mobile FE working like card based RPG too. Especially with popular dudes like Ike, Sigurd and Lucina SRs and URs being locked behind a gacha.

Edited by Emeraldfox

Yeah, I can see Mobile FE working like card based RPG too. Especially with popular dudes like Ike, Sigurd and Lucina SRs and URs being locked behind a gacha.

Gacha thats the term I was looking for when I was trying to describe how this could work. Thank you.

They said that it was going to be a strategy rpg.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/160428/05.html

We are currently developing an application for smart devices based onFire Emblem.
We expect that many consumers will experience Fire Emblem for the first time on their smart device, so this application will offer a more accessible style of gameplay compared to the titles for dedicated video game systems. At the same time, we still aim to provide a fully engaging experience as a role-playing simulation game.

What we call Strategy rpgs, Japanese call Simulation RPGS.

I do see it having gacha elements though.

Edited by Draxal

There's two ways of doing a gacha. Either they can make it character based with you getting characters from it, or equipment-based, Like FF Record Keeper. Or both, as Tales of Link did.

I think it might be similar to Phantom of the Kill: https://phantomofthekill.com

For instance, this mobile game has so many things from FE: classes, weapon triangle, skill system, among others.

I love this game and play it all day, it is a turn based strategy rpg that apparently isn't finished, its story mode has 5 sections with eacth having 10 quests. It also has event quests with daily missions, character quests (which unlocks hidden skills [the equivalent of mastery skills like Luna, Astra, Sol, Pavise] on characters at 5*) and colosseum mode that is pretty much an FE arena. You guys would love to try it.

I think it might be similar to Phantom of the Kill: https://phantomofthekill.com

For instance, this mobile game has so many things from FE: classes, weapon triangle, skill system, among others.

I love this game and play it all day, it is a turn based strategy rpg that apparently isn't finished, its story mode has 5 sections with eacth having 10 quests. It also has event quests with daily missions, character quests (which unlocks hidden skills [the equivalent of mastery skills like Luna, Astra, Sol, Pavise] on characters at 5*) and colosseum mode that is pretty much an FE arena. You guys would love to try it.

I tried it, but from the get go, I was confused on what was going on storywise, not to mention it lagged or kept crashing on my phone. I just remember there was performance problems or something, since it's been a while since I tried it.

I tried it, but from the get go, I was confused on what was going on storywise, not to mention it lagged or kept crashing on my phone. I just remember there was performance problems or something, since it's been a while since I tried it.

Yeah it's kind of confusing since the beginning but there are trailers that help get the idea of what's going on. As far as I can tell humanity is in danger with the appearance of Archdemons claiming some Holy Weapons used once upon a time. They are taking control of Yggdrasil or something and the Ragnarok Research Institute is making experiments with humans by infusing them beast blood (what makes them to be Killer Princes and Princesses) to fight the Archdemons.

I don't know if there were performance issues in the past. I downloaded the game like one or two months ago and haven't had a problem. Granted I have a strong phone though.

Edited by Quintessence

Yeah, me thinks it's going to be a smaller srpg

I also think that sometime after its release is the last chance that we might hear anything about FE0 coming stateside. As FE will be in the public eye or it could be used as a tool to advertise any other game

I'm expecting a much refined version of that game. I honestly didn't like much of that when I played it when it came out.

They said that it was going to be a strategy rpg.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/160428/05.html

We are currently developing an application for smart devices based onFire Emblem.

We expect that many consumers will experience Fire Emblem for the first time on their smart device, so this application will offer a more accessible style of gameplay compared to the titles for dedicated video game systems. At the same time, we still aim to provide a fully engaging experience as a role-playing simulation game.

What we call Strategy rpgs, Japanese call Simulation RPGS.

Yeah I recall the SRPG dealo, I'm just thinking it could work with a Gacha system fairly easily, just make a simple story to keep poking along in, and such as well.

My biggest fear with this one is how the microtransactions will take effect here. Now obviously I think and I feel that they might not go too far for using them in order to enjoy the entire experience since Fates has proven that the content is justified no matter what you think here.

Except that Fates mentality can't exactly work on mobile since games on mobile have to be really cheap. So let's say there are a total of 10 chapters for this one (might be more than that but its just a hunch) the first one is free and from the second one onwards, you have to pay to play them.

While that may seem harmless at first, that will soon be a big problem since they can easily make the story in such a way that it won't end and when they make an end, they will make it so that its not really the end. And this will be done as long as Nintendo wants to support the game since mobile games add more content than your typical console game.

Then the other problem is in the other methods.....such as permadeath. If casual mode is a locked mode that can only be unlocked by paying for it? and if Classic, what if you can't soft reset? Then what? Pay money to fix your problems in the game?

This is what scares me and what really makes me feel that people should complain about this more than the Amiibo because no matter what you think, the latter is optional.

Then the other problem is in the other methods.....such as permadeath. If casual mode is a locked mode that can only be unlocked by paying for it? and if Classic, what if you can't soft reset? Then what? Pay money to fix your problems in the game?

This is what scares me and what really makes me feel that people should complain about this more than the Amiibo because no matter what you think, the latter is optional.

The example I gave was a game that has no payment for any story battles or events happening, its purely to speed up the process at which you can get cards/characters via your summoning pulls, which you can get from just playing the game too, the microtransations are just if you wanna speed it up.

I also doubt that there will be perma death as thats becoming less of a series staple, and mobile is supposed to, by default be user friendly