Lunatic Level-ups

quasimopho13

Are the lunatic level-ups tipped in your favor to ensure the game is beatable?

I'm loving lunatic because I don't have to worry about losing good level-ups on reset, and the ones I've been getting have been fantastic.

No because they're just seeded growths when you get the unit that will generally follow unit averages.

Yes because you can rig them on the join chapter for ez rng proofing and some truely absurd seeds

Definitely worth noting for Conquest Lunatic, thanks!

At least my Kamui is set for that run. Chapter 10 felt like Thracia deja vu on lunatic. It was tough enough on hard, but I barely kept everyone alive on the green line in lunatic. Felt equally cornered during Thracia Ch 14

Edited by quasimopho13

Definitely worth noting for Conquest Lunatic, thanks!

At least my Kamui is set for that run. Chapter 10 felt like Thracia deja vu on lunatic. It was tough enough on hard, but I barely kept everyone alive on the green line in lunatic. Felt equally cornered during Thracia Ch 14

My main benchmark for a solid solid run of Lunatic!CQ is completely routing ch10.

It's a lot easier than trying to "defend" and it really stacks your early exp curve.

Edited by joshcja

I'm simply playing until chapter 3 and if Corrin got three bad level-ups, it is a reset.

I wouldn't be surprised if the game doesn't have really bad seeded growths. None of my units got rng-screwed. But this is only my impression and I havn't played that much.

I've been pretty lucky as well, but I'm not familiar with data mining to see if there's a difference in the formula for lunatic. What is a "seeded" growth?

The base number for the random routine generation. IE, it'll always use those same locked seeds for each growth insuring that each growth is exactly the same. The minute you recruit Corrin for instance, the growths are already predetermined. IE, no matter how much you reset, Corrin will be the same no matter what for each playthrough.

Edited by Augestein

Thanks. So a seed contains all of the level-ups for a character already calculated? Am I understanding correctly?

Almost. That doesn't contain the level-up himself (not the +1 to stats), but numbers obtained from RNG for each level and each stat. For example, let's take the example of a Bow Knight Selena. She has a 40% growth in strength. For a fixed level, the game has (roughly speaking) already fixed a number between 0 and 100, determined by RNG when you recruit her. If this number is 42, she won't get a +1 point in strength, because 42 > 40. But if she was a Hero, she would have a 45% growth in strength, so she would get +1 strength.

So yeah, unless you change your unit's class or give him aptitude meanwhile, you'll get the same level-ups.

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

Oh okay, so the seed calculates the random number between 1 and 100 for each level. If the character is in a class where that pre-calculated number procs the growth rate, then they will gain the stat that number represents.

So if Corrin seeds a 50 at level 10 with a growth of 40, she won't get the level up because 50 is ABOVE the growth of 40.

But if she class changes to ninja where the growth is 55, she will get that level up because 50 is BELOW the growth of 55.

Oh okay, so the seed calculates the random number between 1 and 100 for each level. If the character is in a class where that pre-calculated number procs the growth rate, then they will gain the stat that number represents.

So if Corrin seeds a 50 at level 10 with a growth of 40, she won't get the level up because 50 is ABOVE the growth of 40.

But if she class changes to ninja where the growth is 55, she will get that level up because 50 is BELOW the growth of 55.

yup. and as mentioned, it's still standard RNG, so there are bad seeds. oh my god my Avatar in Lunatic Birthright was absolutely terrible.

+3.6/-2.3/-2.65/-2.45/-0.45/-1.65/-5.5/-2.7 at some lvl before Tier 2

+5.4/-5.8/-3/-2.6/-0.4/-1.2/-4.05/-3.95 at Lvl 6 Tier 2