What is your favorite Fire Emblem weapon type?

Topaz Light

What's your favorite Fire Emblem weapon type?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite physical weapon type?

• Swords (+Katana)
    • Lances (+Naginata)
    • Axes (+Clubs)
    • Bows (+Yumi)
    • Knives (+Shuriken)
    • Ballistae (+miscellaneous Ballistician weapons)
    • Crossbows
  2. 2. What's your favorite school of magic?

• Anima
    • Light
    • Dark
    • Scrolls (Hoshidan magic)
    • Staves (+Rods)
    • Magic Cards (Radiant Dawn)
    • Fire Emblem Gaiden Magic
  3. 3. What's your favorite Anima magic element?

• Fire
    • Wind
    • Thunder
    • Ice
    • Other / Miscellaneous

So, I noticed there were a lot of threads about favorite class and what not, but not a whole lot that touch on broader weapon types, so I made one myself! There are separate polls for favorite physical weapon type, favorite magic school, and favorite Anima magic element. Your favorites can be chosen for any reason, whether it's due to how good the weapon type is, a particular affection for a character (or multiple characters) who use that weapon type, or just plain thinking it's cool.

(The "Other / Miscellaneous" choice under "favorite Anima element" is there to account for spells like Gaiden's Arrow spell which aren't really Light or Dark magic but which don't really clearly belong to any of the four established Anima elements, either)

As for myself, I think my personal favorite weapon type is probably actually Knives/Shuriken, as of Fates. It really did a good job of making them something interesting, fresh, and actually fun and worthwhile to use.

My favorite magic school is probably a bit of a toss-up between Anima, for its trustiness and cool, pretty aesthetic, and Dark, for its varied and gimmicky nature. I think Dark might win out just a little bit overall, though.

Favorite Anima magic element is Ice, mostly due to the novelty of it. The spells are few and far between, but they are there, and I always it pretty cool whenever they show up.

Edited by Topaz Light

Be good or bad, I have an affinity with Bows generally, I tend to find alot of characters in the Sniper and Nomad/Bow Knight classes I like alot as well.

Favorite magic type is Anima, almost put anime. Because it has various elements and all that, and favorite element? Wind, I've always loved how FE visualized wind magic

I picked:

Swords: They're the most reliable and have the most amount of options. Lancereaver, Armorslayer, Magic Swords, etc. There are Swords for about every situation.

Staves: My inner Thracia is showing... But seriously, you could go through a FE game without Tomes, but it's extremely difficult without Staves. Whether it's healing, warping, rescuing, silencing, freezing, berserking, reviving, dancing; you name it, and Staves can do it.

Ice: I just like it aesthetically. That's about it.

My favorite type of weapon are lances: they are strong and some of them have also 1-2 range, which can make them quite useful in the games before Fates(tough I would say that the javelin can be still quite valuable in Fates)

For magic type, I say the Hoshidan scrolls: I don't know why I like them so much, but perhaps It's because of their boost, which makes them far more useful than the normal tomes in general.

For favorite anima magic type, I would say: It has low power, but in the hand of a mage with high magic, It can become very lethal and Its typical low weight doesn't penalize the user much.

Edited by The Wyvern Rider

Bows!

I was going to put light magic, but you have Garden's magic. And I love how Gaiden handles magic. Also Angel and Ragnarok look awesome.

Favorite anima magic......hmmmm. it's a toss up between wind and thunder. I think thunder looks cool, but I think wind is more useful. So I am going to go with wind

Physical Weapon: Axes! I just love axes the most in every FE game, it has a lot to do with the fact that the characters I like are axe wielders. And while their hit rate is rather shaky, hitting even one time feels very satisfying.

Magic: This is a tough call. I love both Light and Dark magic, but I gave Light my vote since it's the most based around crits (Except for Dark Luna in FE7) and also because I love Bishops! Also, you gotta love the Aureola animation being Jesus' nuclear bomb.

Anima Element: Wind! It's effective against those pesky flying units, and it's low weight helps out a lot, with an alright damage towards other units.

Physical weapon: Had to pick swords. There's always something memorable about them to me. A cool looking sword I'll remember as opposed to a lance or axe.

Magic: Dark magic, hands down. Has some of the sickest animations throughout the series. Powerful but requires great skill to wield - idk, seems to match what it is quite well. I like how FE handles it as being related to intelligence and logic rather than evil. Most of the time.

Favorite anima: Thunder. Just seems godlike.

Physical Weapon: I used to be a sword-type of girl but, as I grew older, I began having this affinity for lances/spears/javelins/pikes/halberds. Yeah. I just like the looks of lances.

Magic: Light magic because I liked the idea that the divines/the heavens granted only the most pious of people with the ability to use it. I do think that it dos need its own set of buffs/debuffs to set is apart from Anima and Dark magic, however, if they ever bring it back.

Anima: Lightning. Ever since I played FE for the first time with PoR, I sung the Flash Gordon theme song when someone cast a lightning-based spell. Now, simply because of that, lightning is my favorite element.

Physical: Axes. Not only do I like how they look and I like axe users, I love how they have such massive crit rates. Yes, I love the great Club...

Magic: Dark. I really like the idea of dark magic, plus i like a lot of dark mages.

Anima: i Have no idea why, but fire magic is my favourite.

Physical: Shurikens, because I love serving up sabotage. Other than those, Lances.

Magic: Anima.

Anima magic type: Thunder. Ice would be a contender, but for ice spells being rare.

EDIT:

Bows!
I was going to put light magic, but you have Garden's magic. And I love how Gaiden handles magic. Also Angel and Ragnarok look awesome.
Favorite anima magic......hmmmm. it's a toss up between wind and thunder. I think thunder looks cool, but I think wind is more useful. So I am going to go with wind

How does Ragnarok look in Gaiden? I'm honestly curious.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia