CometX-ing Art Thread

CometX-ing

Welcome one and all ( at least I hope it's more than one) to the my art thread. I'm pretty much new to this so if I screw up at all sorry.

Anyway, I figured I should take some of my art from my DA of the same name *cough*checkitout*cough* and post it here, particullarly my FE art of course. I mainly do Sonic stuff but I'm gonna try and limit that the amount I post here to few if any and leave it that for if people actually wanna check out my DA, don't wanna bore people with the same thing. Otherwise I do FE art (though not much) and some spriting, mainly for Sonic, though I do have one or two for other games.

Anyway, onto the art.

FE stuff:

Just a simple set of map sprites I made for my character (meant to be separate from Robin) and his daughter in Awakening

fire_emblem_awakening_custom_map_sprites

some old portraits for a child in Fates (just the son of the daughter from Awakening)fire_emblem_fates_style__galath_portrait

These are Lyn Fates style portraits I made to celebrate it's release in the USlyndis_fates_style_by_cometx_ing-d9rhsbb

this was a My Castle introduction I made for Lynlyn_my_castle_introduction__by_cometx_in

And some Rinkah Fan art because I married her.rinkah_by_cometx_ing-d9u0pex.png

Misc:

Various Miiverse postmiiverse_posts_by_cometx_ing-d9w0azs.png

Pokemon Art Academy stuffpokemon_art_academy_miiverse_posts_by_co

and just a bit of Sonic stuff

kon_the_chief_of_schism_by_cometx_ing-d9

sonic_riders__saros_the_hedgehog_by_come

sonic_battle_chaos__sonic_the_hedgehog_b

If your noticing a difference in style in the human stuff that's because some of this stuff was before I actually figured my own out. Anyway, that's all for now. Hope you like what you see.

For the Lyn Fates style portraits, you're falling into the common trap where you're drawing the clothes fold that separates her breast, when in fact, form fit clothes do not work like that. If the female has large breasts and the outfit is supposed to be a bit of a form fit, the fabric should go over her breasts evenly, leaving no folds through the cleavage. Imagine putting two basketballs together and putting a fabric over them tightly - the only folds/wrinkles you would see is the tension from the stretched fabric across the cleavage area.

I have a hunch that you're trying to shade as much as possible and if that's the case, it'll make more sense to shade under her breasts more.

Edited by carefreejules

Really nice work. Much better than mine. I especially like your Lyn.

Carefreejules is right about the boobs. You only really get a dip between them for loose clothing, if at all. You might get tension over the apex of the boobs or nothing at all. Generally I saw, try looking in the mirror to get an idea of what stuff is supposed to look like, but that might be a bit difficult for you, if you don't have the necessary equipment. Here's an example of what it might look like.

[spoiler=Boobs]mRYxJ6D.jpg?1

My body is generally a terrible example to follow, since I have a limb length discrepancy and a bit of scoliosis, but you get the general idea.

I might take note of this in my own art...

Also, your Lyn's head seems a little larger on her body compared to Corrin. I am not one to talk about consistency, but I recommend you wire the pose of some of the characters in Fates to match the art style a little more.

I might take note of this in my own art...

Also, your Lyn's head seems a little larger on her body compared to Corrin. I am not one to talk about consistency, but I recommend you wire the pose of some of the characters in Fates to match the art style a little more.

I try to pick up a little bit from everybody to improve my own stuff. I just wish I had more time to draw.