Fire Emblem Path of Radiance Screenshot Blind Lp!

Doctor Phoenix

Alright so after realizing I really suck at Xcom 2 and my computer can't handle it I'm back to Fire Emblem. Sacred Stones is still on hold, but I decided that I should continue going through the games and thus Path of Radiance was chosen! Just like Sacred Stones I know nothing about the story and even less about the characters except that the main character has a sword :P. I'm very excited to play this game, since not even my friend has played it and he said he'll be watching. No pressure, right?

[spoiler=Story] It starts off with two men clashing (one obviously being the protagonist). Ike gets knocked down and when a little girl distracts the older man Ike strikes at him, but is easily defeated and knocked unconscious. Ike then proceeds to have a dream about an indigo haired woman and is woken up by the little girl's song and possibly the worst voice acting in history.

[spoiler=Tutorial] We go through the beginning of the tutorial where Mist gets onto our father about hitting Ike so hard. Then Ike defends his honor by wanting to challenge his father once more, but before he can...OMG IS THAT ROSS!? He's back from the dead! It's a miracle! But in actuality his name is Boyd and he is offered to be our training dummy. I then proceed to kill Ross. Again. Mist then proceeds to insult Boyd and I begin my fight with my Father and win easily. Ike then begs to be a mercenary since apparently Ross is one too. My Father relents and I officially join the Greil Mercenaries. We got a really good level btw zjPVCCr.png

I'll do the 1st Chapter right after posting this, but I really wanted to just get this out there and start playing this game. Also any help regarding items or recruitable units is much appreciated.

Edited by Doctor Phoenix

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's get right into it, since I don't have much to say!

[spoiler=Story] Titania greets us warmly as we've apparently just woken up. Dad of course finds a way to make it sour and reminds us that all the troops were ready by dawn. We are told to wait outside while my Father discusses with Titania about which job I should go on. Titania the reminds my senile old father that she is going with Boyd and Oscar and Greil decides to put with them. Oscar is apparently the reliable one while Boyd is the overachiever/jokester. We arrive in Caldea where Titania offers to explain things to Ike and the rest of the group. We've been hired to take care of the bandits plaguing Caldea and it's residents. Oscar and Boyd explain some things to Ike which he thanks them for, but I already knew. Titania then reminds me of the weapon triangle which I most definitely didn't forget XD. The battle commences and the Greil Mercenaries are able to quickly dispatch them. Titania, Oscar and Boyd congratulate Ike on a job well done.

Onwards to battle! [spoiler=Units] n2n9Psz.pngPIzd2jx.png5MHnrIG.pngWoNiThB.png

I'm gonna do the battles a little differently this time around. Instead of doing it turn by turn like I used to. I'm just going to say who killed who and on which turn. Also I'll say when special events happen like houses, reinforcements or recruitment.

[spoiler=Battle]

Turn 1:

~Titania visits the first house which gives her a Steel Sword

~Ike kills the Bandit in Enemy Phase and gains a level

Turn 2:

~Boyd kills a Bandit

~Oscar kills the Mercenary

Turn 3:

~Ike kills another Bandit

~Oscar visits a house and gains the Seraph Robe!

Turn 4:

~Boyd kills another Bandit and still doesn't receive a level up

Turn 6:

~Boyd kills the Mercenary and receives a level up

~Ike kills the Boss, Zawana, resulting in a level up

[spoiler=Level Ups] 3HfGcFh.pngZzw8zLh.png740OIEi.png

Chapter Review: I really love the music in this game! I'm sure that I'm not alone in that, but dang the music is sooo catchy! I really like Boyd and Oscar, both of which I have a theory for that I will not share just yet until I know more about their characters. Titania just seems too much like Seth to me. I'm beginning to wonder if these characters are descendants of the Sacred Stones characters. Ross and Vanessa together would've made Oscar and Boyd! Seth and Eirika got together and made Titania! Holy crud, I hope this is true. Anyways thanks for reading and support is always appreciated.

Ross can't even support Vanessa. But anyway, if you like the music in POR, you'll love radiant dawn's, which is even better.

P.S. A note about difficulty in the Tellius games: in the Japanese versions of the Tellius games, there are three difficulties known as Normal, Hard, and Maniac. The US versions have easy, normal, and hard, and while the U.S. version of PoR removed maniac mode and replaced it with an easy mode, the U.S. version of RD just straight up renamed Normal, Hard, and Maniac to Easy, Normal, and Hard, respectively, which caused the U.S. difficulty names to be rather misleading, so if and when you get to Radiant Dawn, you should probably play "Easy" mode instead of "Normal" Mode because it's the actual intended "Normal" difficulty.

Ross can't even support Vanessa. But anyway, if you like the music in POR, you'll love radiant dawn's, which is even better.

P.S. A note about difficulty in the Tellius games: in the Japanese versions of the Tellius games, there are three difficulties known as Normal, Hard, and Maniac. The US versions have easy, normal, and hard, and while the U.S. version of PoR removed maniac mode and replaced it with an easy mode, the U.S. version of RD just straight up renamed Normal, Hard, and Maniac to Easy, Normal, and Hard, respectively, which caused the U.S. difficulty names to be rather misleading, so if and when you get to Radiant Dawn, you should probably play "Easy" mode instead of "Normal" Mode because it's the actual intended "Normal" difficulty.

I know, it was a joke. I just found it very weird how the characters seem very similar to Sacred Stone's characters.

Well I'm glad you told me that XD. I would've just done normal when playing Radiant Dawn.

Are Titania and Seth related? Ehhh. Probably doubtful, but I will admit Boyd does look a lot like Ross.

Regarding Titania though, she (and seth) are considered something called an Oifey, a branching archetype of a Jagen.

Jagen, is a unit from FE 1 who is a promoted Paladin that starts off good, but he has terrible growth rates, so his usefulness doesn't last extremely down the road. Characters that share these traits are normally referred to as "Jagens"

Oifey, on the otherhand, is a character from FE 4 that kind of follows the same pattern as a Jagen, but the difference is that he has decent growth rates and will end up being useful for most of the game, if not all of the game. Characters that share these traits are normally referred to as "Oifeys" or "pseudo-jagens".

So since Titania is an Oifey, this means she will be good for a good portion of the game.

I want to point out some other things.

1. The game kind of glitches out and gives Ike 4 copies of the iron sword. I forget what exactly causes this, but you have 4 iron swords, so have fun!

2. Cavaliers in this game focus on one particular type of weapon in this game and you get to pick what extra weapon type they gain on promotion. (Oscar starts only being able to wield lances).

3. You do not have access to a convoy at this point in the game. So if someone has a full inventory and gains an item from an enemy, they will have to toss one item. I would recommend tossing out one of Ike's many iron swords if this happens with him.

EDIT: Also, when you are looking at a units stats, check the other screens! There are skills in this game!

Edited by DarkDestr0yer61

Are Titania and Seth related? Ehhh. Probably doubtful, but I will admit Boyd does look a lot like Ross.

Regarding Titania though, she (and seth) are considered something called an Oifey, a branching archetype of a Jagen.

Jagen, is a unit from FE 1 who is a promoted Paladin that starts off good, but he has terrible growth rates, so his usefulness doesn't last extremely down the road. Characters that share these traits are normally referred to as "Jagens"

Oifey, on the otherhand, is a character from FE 4 that kind of follows the same pattern as a Jagen, but the difference is that he has decent growth rates and will end up being useful for most of the game, if not all of the game. Characters that share these traits are normally referred to as "Oifeys" or "pseudo-jagens".

So since Titania is an Oifey, this means she will be good for a good portion of the game.

I want to point out some other things.

1. The game kind of glitches out and gives Ike 4 copies of the iron sword. I forget what exactly causes this, but you have 4 iron swords, so have fun!

2. Cavaliers in this game focus on one particular type of weapon in this game and you get to pick what extra weapon type they gain on promotion. (Oscar starts only being able to wield lances).

3. You do not have access to a convoy at this point in the game. So if someone has a full inventory and gains an item from an enemy, they will have to toss one item. I would recommend tossing out one of Ike's many iron swords if this happens with him.

EDIT: Also, when you are looking at a units stats, check the other screens! There are skills in this game!

Interesting, I think I remember hearing Jagen somewhere, but not Oifey.

Yeah I noticed the overflowing amount of Iron Swords XD.

Interesting, but I kind of like that.

Oh, glad you told me that, so basically don't get rid of any of the important items :P

Once again I can't do much in the way of prep yet, so let's right into it!

[spoiler=Story] It opens with Rhys delivering a note to Titania, but before he can Titania expresses her sincerest happiness that he's up and walking. After that though Rhys gives Titania the note and it nearly sends her up the wall in fear which leaves Rhys to wonder what it could be. Rhys goes to tell Oscar, Ike, and Boyd to get ready for battle because Mist and Rolf have been kidnapped! The Bandits that we attacked Caldea apparently had friends and they are seeking revenge. The 4 mercenaries leave against Titania's orders to go save Mist and Rolf. Oscar somehow knows the way to a Bandit Stronghold and directs Ike and the gang towards there. A Bandit by the name of Ikanau greets us as soon as we come into the map and demands to see Titania, but since we don't have Titania we decide to attack anyways. And the battle begins! While the Greil Mercenaries fight, Mist and Rolf try to find a way out of their little hut that they've been put in. Titania arrives to the party a bit late. After Oscar kills the Bandit's leader, one of the remaining Bandits takes Rolf hostage, but an arrow flies through the arrows killing him. Out from the shadows comes Gatrie and Shinon which was what Titania went to go get.

[spoiler=Battle]

Turn 1:

~Ike kills the Bandit on the Enemy Phase

~Oscar kills the Mercenary on Enemy Phase as well and gets a Vulnerary

Turn 2:

~Boyd kills a Mercenary

Turn 3:

~Boyd kills one of the Bandits

~Oscar chips down a Bandit and receives a level for it

Turn 4:

~Oscar kills the Bandit

Turn 5:

~Boyd kills another Bandit and receives a level up and a Steel Axe!

Turn 6:

~Ike kills a Bandit

~Boyd kills one of the Mercenaries

Turn 7:

~Oscar kills the Boss, Ikanau and receives a Speedwing for it, but Oscar gets the worst level up in history! HISTORY!

[spoiler=Level Ups(if you can call them that)] XwYYDmS.pngAqrKDif.pngieF9gzx.png

Chapter Review: I really liked the idea of them going after the children and it felt more down to Earth unlike in Sacred Stones which started out with this huge war and we had to fight back and defeat the Grado Empire. I hope we get a couple of more chapters like these before we get to this game's war. All in all a very good chapter to continue the story and introduce us to Rolf, Shinon, and Gatrie.

Alright. So next chapter you will get Gatrie and Shinon.... I will go ahead and say this, they are quite good at this point in the game, but neither of them will be sticking around for very long. So use them sparingly.

Also, you meet a pegasus knight. Be sure to have Ike to her.

Alright. So next chapter you will get Gatrie and Shinon.... I will go ahead and say this, they are quite good at this point in the game, but neither of them will be sticking around for very long. So use them sparingly.

Also, you meet a pegasus knight. Be sure to have Ike to her.

That's kind of disappointing, since I liked both. A Pegasus knight? Yes! Finally someone who can properly use lances! I'm looking at you Oscar and that terrible 5th level.

Hattie and Shinon aren't that great in PoR, but they're some of the best units in RD.

EDIT: Gatrie, not Hattie. Stupid fucking autocorrect. I can't wait til I get back home so I'll have wifi and won't have to use my phone for the Internet.

Edited by Matthewtheman

Hattie and Shinon aren't that great in PoR, but they're some of the best units in RD.

EDIT: Gatrie, not Hattie. Stupid fucking autocorrect. I can't wait til I get back home so I'll have wifi and won't have to use my phone for the Internet.

That sounds good!

XD safe traveling!

lol Oscar

He's not the best cavalier in this game although mounted units are the best in this game.

He has the worst growths but he has earth affinitiy and can support with two units who also have earth affinity which can give him up to 50% evasion.

Boyd is the only fighter in the game but you can bench him if he doesn't get better levels.

I'm no big fan of him in this game and even less in the sequel.

lol Oscar

He's not the best cavalier in this game although mounted units are the best in this game.

He has the worst growths but he has earth affinitiy and can support with two units who also have earth affinity which can give him up to 50% evasion.

Boyd is the only fighter in the game but you can bench him if he doesn't get better levels.

I'm no big fan of him in this game and even less in the sequel.

I heard there were a lot of units in this game, so I'm hoping to at least use them all once, but if Oscar doesn't start actually gaining stats then he'll be benched XD

The only fighter!? I probably want to keep him alive then lol

While I don't like this game very much, I played trough it two times and I'll be happy to help. I am actually really enjoying these playtroughs of yours. Hope to see more of them!

While I don't like this game very much, I played trough it two times and I'll be happy to help. I am actually really enjoying these playtroughs of yours. Hope to see more of them!

Thank you very much! A new chapter will be out later today so stayed tuned.

Out of your four units so far Oscar's the only one I don't use long term.

Good to know, I'll try to keep him in the front for now, since he's my only non-promoted cavalier as of now.

Once again no prep for some reason, so onwards to the story!

[spoiler=Story] Chapter 3 starts off with Ike going to Greil's chambers on his command. Greil informs Ike that he was told my Titania about Boyd, Rhys and Oscar all following my lead and disobeying her direct orders. Ike tries to take fault, but before he can Boyd, Rhys and Oscar also try to take the fault. Greil is impressed that we would cover for each other, but instead gives them an entire week to be confined in quarters, but since they are understaffed he'll have to suspend their suspension (hehe). Titania grabs Shinon, Gatrie and Ike for their mission. Meanwhile Pirates begin to do Pirate things like say yar? We arrive in Port Talma and the old man who hired us directs us towards the pirates we have to take down. And the battle begins! While the Greil Mercenaries are kicking butt Titania checks one of the houses and meets a rather strange individual who might be important later on. Ike continues to lead the Greil Mercenaries through the bandits and pirates, but while that's happening a Pegasus knight by the name of Marcia arrives looking for her brother. The Pirates claim to have thrown him overboard which Marcia wasn't to happy to hear. Marcia forgets the weapon triangle and tries to take the whole ship by herself. Ike talks to Marcia in attempts to calm her down and manages to do so letting her escape instead of joining us! How rude. Eventually, Ike kills the Pirate Captain and Titania gets the reward for killing them. The Old Man mentions that the Greil Mercenaries should consider joining the army instead of helping folk like them which sends Titania into a mental breakdown.

[spoiler=New Units] c1rBPlQ.pngyOyYKTF.pngLR38LFI.png (I forgot to show Rhys last time)

[spoiler=Battle]

Turn 1:

~Ike kills the Bandit to the right and receives a level up

~Gatrie kills the mercenary to the left on Enemy Phase

Turn 2:

~Ike kills the Pirate

~Titania visits the house on the left and receives an Elixor

Turn 3:

~Ike kills another Pirate

~Titania kills one of the Bandits

~Gatrie kills the Archer

~Marcia arrives and kills a Mercenary during Enemy Phase

~Gatrie kills one of the Pirates on Enemy phase

Turn 4:

~Ike kills one of the Pirates and receives a level

~Marcia manages to kill another Mercenary on Enemy Phase

Turn 5:

~Shinon kills the Bandits with the Hand Axe during Enemy Phase

Turn 6:

~Ike talks to Marcia which sadly doesn't recruit her

~Shinon kills another Pirate on accident

Turn 8:

~Ike kills another Pirate on Enemy Phase

Turn ???:

~Ike kills the Boss and receives a level up?

[spoiler=Level Ups] QquoVOA.pnggxlLDPd.pngjz9VHrU.png

Chapter Review: What's not to like about this chapter? Pirates, a Pegasus Knight who I didn't recruit, and Shinon, just Shinon. I actually thought this level was sub-par to the other levels. It didn't really offer anything to the story and I still have no clue what the main plot of this game is XD. Marcia was pretty awesome, but I wish she would've been recruited right then and there, but alas it wasn't meant to be. Shinon was hilarious and I can't get over his ending line where he complains that there is nothing wrong with fame and that he is surrounded by a group of idealistic fools (which he is). As always some hints as to what happens in the next chapter would be appreciated, but I do not want spoilers of any kind. All the support is appreciated and keep it coming! God bless and happy gaming.

Next chapter is kind of straight forward. The character you get next chapter has a special skill "adept". This will sometimes allow him to do an extra attack. You will be able to tell when he is using it when he glows green