Fire Emblem Path of Radiance Screenshot Blind Lp!

Doctor Phoenix

Next chapter is kind of straight forward. The character you get next chapter has a special skill "adept". This will sometimes allow him to do an extra attack. You will be able to tell when he is using it when he glows green

That sounds awesome! I suspect that he's a Mage since I haven't seen one of them yet XD and the fact that he can sometimes turn green.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Soren's great. He and Boyd are usually my first characters to promote. I like to have him A support with Ike.

Note about supports: Much like in FE8, a character can only have up to 5 supports total, so it could be an A and a B, 2 Bs and a C, an A and 2 Cs, etc. However, unlike the GBA games, support levels rise after units are deployed for a certain number of chapters together, which vary based on the characters and support levels. And instead of being activated mid battle, support conversations are instead viewed in the base. Like in the GBA games, the support level isn't applied until you've actually done the support conversation, so if your characters can reach a certain support level but you don't want them to, you can simply not view the conversation. I'll go into more detail when you actually get access to the base.

Yeah, Soren's great. He and Boyd are usually my first characters to promote. I like to have him A support with Ike.

Note about supports: Much like in FE8, a character can only have up to 5 supports total, so it could be an A and a B, 2 Bs and a C, an A and 2 Cs, etc. However, unlike the GBA games, support levels rise after units are deployed for a certain number of chapters together, which vary based on the characters and support levels. And instead of being activated mid battle, support conversations are instead viewed in the base. Like in the GBA games, the support level isn't applied until you've actually done the support conversation, so if your characters can reach a certain support level but you don't want them to, you can simply not view the conversation. I'll go into more detail when you actually get access to the base.

Awesome, thank you for the information, I didn't know most of that.

I still have no clue what the main plot of this game is XD.

I forgot to mention this, but the game is somewhat divided in to about 3 or 4 "arcs". You are kind of in the "Ike in training" arc. It starts a tad slow, but it should pick up in a few chapters.

I forgot to mention this, but the game is somewhat divided in to about 3 or 4 "arcs". You are kind of in the "Ike in training" arc. It starts a tad slow, but it should pick up in a few chapters.

That's good XD. I was starting to get really annoyed that there wasn't much story in the first 3 chapters.

Regarding the units you have so far, here's my opinion on them:

Ike: One of the best Lords in the series for both games, admittedly a little moreso in RD, Ike is one of those lords you'd probably use even if he wasn't forced. I usually have him A support with Soren.

Titania: A very good pre-promote who is solid for the entire game without being broken. I use her.

Boyd: Excels in HP and Strength, while having good skill and speed as well, making him one if the better Fighters in the series. I use him, and have him a support with Mist.

Oscar: A good unit, but I generally stop using him once I no longer have room for him, as I already use 4 Paladins so I don't have the room for him. (The four I use are the aforementioned Titania, Geoffrey, Astrid, and Makalov).

Rhys: One of two unpromoted healers you get. I generally use Mist, but if I have the extra space on my team I'll generally deploy him as well. IIRC, Mist is generally considered better, but Rhys does have the niche of being your only Light magic user in the game, albeit only after promotion.

Shinon: Bows aren't good in this game, as it almost always is in FE, sadly. Shinon in particular leaves in a few chapters and doesn't show up until much later and has obtuse re-recruitment requirements. The only Bow user I can recommend in the slightest is Astrid because she gets a horse, the Paragon skill(which means she levels twice as fast), and she'll get another weapon of your choice upon promotion. He's great in RD, so you may want to use him for transfer purposes, but transfer Shinon is barely better than non-transfer Shinon.

Gatrie: He leaves when Shinon does, but comes back sooner, but in this game he has the typical armor knight problems of low speed and low movement, so I generally don't use him. Like Shinon, he's great in RD but transfer bonuses don't make enough of a difference for it to be worth it IMO. I generally use Brom for my General, though even he is still slow with low movement, I like Brom better as a character and iirc he has the highest speed on average of all your Generals in PoR.

I haven't' payed Path in a while. Maybe I'll pick it up soon. In any case, when you get to her, do everything you can to recruit Nephenee. How good is she? She can destroy armies by pretty much herself.

As for the Rhys/Mist argument, Mist promotes into a Sword/Staff user, which at this point in the series is considered extremely unusual. Makes her a very good mage killer and is probably why she's got the edge over Rhys.

Ah. I do have a suggestion regarding your updates. A few chapters down the road, you will get a convoy and a "base" that includes conversations between teammates. when you get that far, I think you should do an update regarding the base and prep work for that chapter, then do a separate update for the chapter itself. Allowing a little in between from the doing the battle preparations and the chapter itself in order for us to give you feedback. I think that you should do it like that for the rest of the game

That is just a suggestion though

Regarding the units you have so far, here's my opinion on them:

Ike: One of the best Lords in the series for both games, admittedly a little moreso in RD, Ike is one of those lords you'd probably use even if he wasn't forced. I usually have him A support with Soren.

Titania: A very good pre-promote who is solid for the entire game without being broken. I use her.

Boyd: Excels in HP and Strength, while having good skill and speed as well, making him one if the better Fighters in the series. I use him, and have him a support with Mist.

Oscar: A good unit, but I generally stop using him once I no longer have room for him, as I already use 4 Paladins so I don't have the room for him. (The four I use are the aforementioned Titania, Geoffrey, Astrid, and Makalov).

Rhys: One of two unpromoted healers you get. I generally use Mist, but if I have the extra space on my team I'll generally deploy him as well. IIRC, Mist is generally considered better, but Rhys does have the niche of being your only Light magic user in the game, albeit only after promotion.

Shinon: Bows aren't good in this game, as it almost always is in FE, sadly. Shinon in particular leaves in a few chapters and doesn't show up until much later and has obtuse re-recruitment requirements. The only Bow user I can recommend in the slightest is Astrid because she gets a horse, the Paragon skill(which means she levels twice as fast), and she'll get another weapon of your choice upon promotion. He's great in RD, so you may want to use him for transfer purposes, but transfer Shinon is barely better than non-transfer Shinon.

Gatrie: He leaves when Shinon does, but comes back sooner, but in this game he has the typical armor knight problems of low speed and low movement, so I generally don't use him. Like Shinon, he's great in RD but transfer bonuses don't make enough of a difference for it to be worth it IMO. I generally use Brom for my General, though even he is still slow with low movement, I like Brom better as a character and iirc he has the highest speed on average of all your Generals in PoR.

Thank you for the help!

I haven't' payed Path in a while. Maybe I'll pick it up soon. In any case, when you get to her, do everything you can to recruit Nephenee. How good is she? She can destroy armies by pretty much herself.

As for the Rhys/Mist argument, Mist promotes into a Sword/Staff user, which at this point in the series is considered extremely unusual. Makes her a very good mage killer and is probably why she's got the edge over Rhys.

Interesting, the army killer, eh?

Yeah, Nephenee is great in both games. She's like a myrm with a lance.

Dang that sounds powerful.

She's better in the second. In the first she can destroy armies on her own. In the sequel she can destroy countries. That's how I describe her.

XD Well I can't wait to meet this world destroyer.

Ah. I do have a suggestion regarding your updates. A few chapters down the road, you will get a convoy and a "base" that includes conversations between teammates. when you get that far, I think you should do an update regarding the base and prep work for that chapter, then do a separate update for the chapter itself. Allowing a little in between from the doing the battle preparations and the chapter itself in order for us to give you feedback. I think that you should do it like that for the rest of the game

That is just a suggestion though

That's a really good idea. I'll probably do that.

Oh. This game has hidden support bonuses on top of regular supports. And I shall tell you as you go!

Ike and Mist give each other 10% critical rate when standing next to each other.

Rolf, Boyd, and Oscar give each other 10% critical rate when standing next to each other. (so if you have Oscar in between Rolf and Boyd, then he gains 20% crit!)

Soren is immune to critical hits if he is standing next to Ike

Once again we don't have the base, but I guess we'll be getting it soon (fingers crossed).

[spoiler=Story] The fabled Soren arrives and Mist rushes to tell Ike who is ecstatic by the news. Just as Greil says to get the troops Ike comes storming in wondering what's going on. Ike is directed to the briefing room which looks the exact same (background wise). Soren greets his old friend and they are happy to see each other, but Ike asks why he's back since he was training with another Mercenary Group (traitor!). Soren announces in the briefing room after everyone had arrived that Crimea and Daein have gone to war. Soren shows us a map of Crimea and shows us how Daein attacked and where we are relative to that. Soren was there for the library, but suddenly a loud shriek had filled the air and he knew that it could only have been from a Wyvern. Soren quickly fled Melior and got to Ike and the others as fast as he could. We don't know which way the battle went and thus Greil wants to send a party to scout around Melior. Titania and Soren begin to fight about which side they should choose in the war. Against any better judgement that Greil could've demonstrated, he let's Ike be the leader of the scouting mission. Even Shinon sees the absurdity of it! Mist gives us the Regal Sword! Our first specialized weapon. After we arrive at Capital Way Rhys asks Ike if he's okay, but Ike brushes him off and asks Soren his opinion on what happened here. There are apparently an abundance of corpses from both sides of the war, but Soren remarks that it's Crimea's of Royal Knights which means that a royal has passed through recently. Daein soldiers arrive and command us to put down our weapons which we obviously don't do, so the Daein soldiers attack! And the battle begins! Ike, enraged by the attack on his comrades kills the commander easily with the sword Mist gave him. Ike asks Titania if there were any casualties which she thankfully replies that there were none. Shinon continues to act as though he's playing Skyrim and begins looting the weapons from the corpses which Titania, Soren, and Ike were not pleased about. Rhys manages to spot a woman unconscious in the middle of the woods right next to a Royal guard (definitely royalty). We grab her and decide to help her at the base.

[spoiler=New Units] H6R8aLV.png

I'm gonna add another tab to these battle chapters called "Strategy". I'll be putting the strategy I thought of in there.

[spoiler=Strategy] I see that we are entirely outmatched and outnumbered, so I decide the best thing is to turtle in a corner with Soren and Rhys inside the shell, so that all our melee units can fight outwards. I decided not to put my characters in the top right like how I originally planned, but instead put them in the bottom right corner of the map. SRqJXeK.png

[spoiler=Battle]

Turn 1:

~Titania kills the Mercenary during Enemy Phase

Turn 2:

~Titania kills the Archer

~Soren kills the Soldier

~Ike kills another Soldier

~Titania kills another Soldier in Enemy Phase

Turn 3:

~Soren kills one of the Soldiers and receives a Steel Lance!

Turn 4:

~Soren kills another Soldier and receives a level up

Turn 5:

~Soren kills one of the soldiers

~Titania kills one of the soldiers

~Gatrie kills the Axe-wielder finally!

~Ike kills one of the remaining soldiers on Enemy Phase

Turn 7:

~Soren activates his skill which allows him to kill the Archer

~Ike kills the Myrmidon on Enemy Phase thanks to a critical

Turn 9:

~Shinon kills the last Archer

~Soren kills the last Soldier and receives his last level up

~Ike kills Maijin

[spoiler=Level Ups] cbeFQcY.pngvhR2rYD.pngUrKcr8u.pngfhPdXk4.pnghqPTAmZ.png4rjQBvp.png

Chapter Review: Okay, I really like this chapter and I think I can map out the idea of the storyline from this one chapter. Our main goal is to protect the princess and the reason Ike somehow gets charge of the Greil Mercenaries is because his Father was captured by Daein. Soren's personality is a bit bland, but hopefully it's fleshed out during supports. Really great level ups from Ike, I mean like really good. I realize Ike is the main character, but at this point he'll surpass Titania in nearly a couple of levels! Also once again all support is appreciated, but that does not include spoilers, so don't tell me if I'm wrong in my predictions. It would ruin the "blind" part of the blind run XD. Also I will announce that there'll be only one Chapter per day (not including base journals once we get to them). So if you have anything you want to tell me not to do or something to do in the next Chapter you have all day! God bless and happy gaming.

Oh. This game has hidden support bonuses on top of regular supports. And I shall tell you as you go!

Ike and Mist give each other 10% critical rate when standing next to each other.

Rolf, Boyd, and Oscar give each other 10% critical rate when standing next to each other. (so if you have Oscar in between Rolf and Boyd, then he gains 20% crit!)

Soren is immune to critical hits if he is standing next to Ike

Wow, that's powerful!

Edited by Doctor Phoenix

Soren is great, and your best magic user in both games. Just look at his averages to see what I mean. As I said earlier, A support with Ike is recommended, both for gameplay and story purposes. Their support conversations flow best narratively if you field Soren for every chapter you can, and view his supports with Ike as soon as they become available. IIRC, it's even implied in RD that Ike and Soren reached A support in PoR. And don't worry, Soren's character does get explored more. He's one of the more developed characters in the Tellius games.

The base doesn't show up until chapter 8. I'll probably go over it once you reach chapter 7.

Chapter Review: Okay, I really like this chapter and I think I can map out the idea of the storyline from this one chapter. Our main goal is to protect the princess and the reason Ike somehow gets charge of the Greil Mercenaries is because his Father was captured by Daein. Soren's personality is a bit bland, but hopefully it's fleshed out during supports. Really great level ups from Ike, I mean like really good. I realize Ike is the main character, but at this point he'll surpass Titania in nearly a couple of levels! Also once again all support is appreciated, but that does not include spoilers, so don't tell me if I'm wrong in my predictions. It would ruin the "blind" part of the blind run XD.

You will see more into Soren's personality when the time comes.

I never really did go into my thoughts on characters in terms of units.

[spoiler=Unit analysis]Ike: Good unit. Well rounded. He is pretty much a "mercenary" unit.... even though I don't believe you got far enough in Sacred Stone to see what they are like.

Titania: Good unit. Will be very useful for most, if not all of the game.

Rhys: Healer dude. Healers are useful.

Boyd: Ehhhh. Not my favorite. He is okay, but I wouldn't say he is amazing.

Oscar: Same. But I tend to find him for useful than Boyd.

Gatrie: I have never used him in this game, but I hear he is decent. He will disappear for a while though....

Shinon: He is pretty much a god at this point in the game. But he will disappear for a while as well. He kind of loses his god status when he gets back....

Soren: He has a bit of a rough start in my opinion, but once he gets going, he really gets going.

I want to point something else out. Magic is separated into 4 different types. Light, a type only bishops can use. And 3 anima types. Wind, a type that does effective damage against flyers. Thunder, a type that does super effective damage against dragons. And fire, a type that does super effective damage against beasts. There is also a magic weapon triangle. Wind is better than Thunder. Thunder is better than Fire. Fire is better than wind.

Out of all these 3 anima types, Soren focuses on Wind. He technically can use tomes of other elements, but he starts off with a higher rank in wind and it is hard to build up weapon level, so it is better to focus on one type.

That being said, Wind magic sucks asssssssss in this game. So if you want to switch his magic type, then do it quickly. I will say that wind tomes are light weight and Soren doesn't have a growth in strength. So wind tomes won't way him down like other tomes will.

As far as the next map goes. It is a defense map, so you basically need to prevent the enemies from reaching a certain tile for a certain amount of turns. However, you can end the chapter early if you kill the boss and he drops and item if you manage to kill him. (Atleast I think killing him ends the chapter early?). Titania is your best bet on attempting to kill him. On hard mode, this is a Fog of War chapter. i am not sure about normal mode.

Also I will announce that there'll be only one Chapter per day (not including base journals once we get to them). So if you have anything you want to tell me not to do or something to do in the next Chapter you have all day! God bless and happy gaming.
I appreciate you listening to my suggestion!

Soren has a strength growth. It's only 5%, but it's an existing one. Now would be a good time to mention that instead of con being the stat that determines how much your weapon will weigh you down by, if at all, it's now strength that does so instead. Con only affects rescues and such in the Tellius games. What this means is that even if a weapon weighs you down currently, once you get enough strength it will no longer weigh you down. Tomes thankfully tend to be light, so while mages will need strength, they don't need too much of it. For reference, to figure out a unit's attack speed, subtract their strength stat from the weight of the weapon they have equipped, and if the value you get is zero or negative, then their attack speed is simply their speed stat, otherwise, subtract the value you get from the unit's speed stat to figure out their AS.

Soren has a strength growth. It's only 5%, but it's an existing one.

I was exaggerating a bit, but it is barely one and he might only level up strength once or twice if he is lucky. But thanks for explaining to him how weapon weight works in this game though.

Soren is great, and your best magic user in both games. Just look at his averages to see what I mean. As I said earlier, A support with Ike is recommended, both for gameplay and story purposes. Their support conversations flow best narratively if you field Soren for every chapter you can, and view his supports with Ike as soon as they become available. IIRC, it's even implied in RD that Ike and Soren reached A support in PoR. And don't worry, Soren's character does get explored more. He's one of the more developed characters in the Tellius games.

The base doesn't show up until chapter 8. I'll probably go over it once you reach chapter 7.

Alright then Soren is magic, Soren is life.

That'll be good considering I don't really understand the new system, but oh well.

Soren will usually proc it about twice naturally, and almost always at least once. It's rather simple to figure out if you know the math. 5% means he procs it about once every twenty levels, and he starts at level one unpromoted, so he gets 38 level ups, which is just shy of 40. The exact average is technically 1.9 points of strength, which rounds up to two. His promotion gains help out though, so it's not too bad. One thing to note is that you don't need master seals or other promotion items to promote units in the Tellius games. If a level 20 unpromoted unit gains enough EXP to level up, they'll promote automatically. It's a cool feature that sadly never got reused.

You will see more into Soren's personality when the time comes.

I never really did go into my thoughts on characters in terms of units.

[spoiler=Unit analysis]Ike: Good unit. Well rounded. He is pretty much a "mercenary" unit.... even though I don't believe you got far enough in Sacred Stone to see what they are like.

Titania: Good unit. Will be very useful for most, if not all of the game.

Rhys: Healer dude. Healers are useful.

Boyd: Ehhhh. Not my favorite. He is okay, but I wouldn't say he is amazing.

Oscar: Same. But I tend to find him for useful than Boyd.

Gatrie: I have never used him in this game, but I hear he is decent. He will disappear for a while though....

Shinon: He is pretty much a god at this point in the game. But he will disappear for a while as well. He kind of loses his god status when he gets back....

Soren: He has a bit of a rough start in my opinion, but once he gets going, he really gets going.

I want to point something else out. Magic is separated into 4 different types. Light, a type only bishops can use. And 3 anima types. Wind, a type that does effective damage against flyers. Thunder, a type that does super effective damage against dragons. And fire, a type that does super effective damage against beasts. There is also a magic weapon triangle. Wind is better than Thunder. Thunder is better than Fire. Fire is better than wind.

Out of all these 3 anima types, Soren focuses on Wind. He technically can use tomes of other elements, but he starts off with a higher rank in wind and it is hard to build up weapon level, so it is better to focus on one type.

That being said, Wind magic sucks asssssssss in this game. So if you want to switch his magic type, then do it quickly. I will say that wind tomes are light weight and Soren doesn't have a growth in strength. So wind tomes won't way him down like other tomes will.

As far as the next map goes. It is a defense map, so you basically need to prevent the enemies from reaching a certain tile for a certain amount of turns. However, you can end the chapter early if you kill the boss and he drops and item if you manage to kill him. (Atleast I think killing him ends the chapter early?). Titania is your best bet on attempting to kill him. On hard mode, this is a Fog of War chapter. i am not sure about normal mode.

I appreciate you listening to my suggestion!

Can't wait to play it tomorrow! I don't really remember Sacred Stones having any type of defense chapter, or at least one where it was purely defense, so this should be interesting!

Soren has a strength growth. It's only 5%, but it's an existing one. Now would be a good time to mention that instead of con being the stat that determines how much your weapon will weigh you down by, if at all, it's now strength that does so instead. Con only affects rescues and such in the Tellius games. What this means is that even if a weapon weighs you down currently, once you get enough strength it will no longer weigh you down. Tomes thankfully tend to be light, so while mages will need strength, they don't need too much of it. For reference, to figure out a unit's attack speed, subtract their strength stat from the weight of the weapon they have equipped, and if the value you get is zero or negative, then their attack speed is simply their speed stat, otherwise, subtract the value you get from the unit's speed stat to figure out their AS.

That 5% could save his life and his comrades XD. Interesting, that's a really weird system for me to wrap my head around at this moment, but I'll try to keep it in mind.

Soren will usually proc it about twice naturally, and almost always at least once. It's rather simple to figure out if you know the math. 5% means he procs it about once every twenty levels, and he starts at level one unpromoted, so he gets 38 level ups, which is just shy of 40. The exact average is technically 1.9 points of strength, which rounds up to two. His promotion gains help out though, so it's not too bad. One thing to note is that you don't need master seals or other promotion items to promote units in the Tellius games. If a level 20 unpromoted unit gains enough EXP to level up, they'll promote automatically. It's a cool feature that sadly never got reused.

I knew I didn't need Master Seals anymore, but I didn't know why. What's the point of Master Seals if you can get so many more levels otherwise?

SS had a defense chapter towards the end of the game.

The only reason you'd ever really need to use a master seal in the Tellius games is if you wanted to promote them early, and even then, you'd probably be better off BEXPing them. (BEXP is another thing I'll explain when I talk about the base) Either that, or to promote a level 20 unit without needing to invest (B)EXP into them. Otherwise, you can sell 'em for some quick cash.

Master seals are used for early promoting. Basically if one of your units are falling behind and you need the promotion gains as a boost. Alternatively, you can use a master seal right at level 20 and save time (and experience)..... Or you could sell the master seal..... I think. I think in Path of Radiance you get money out of selling a master seal and Radiant Dawn you can't sell a master seal.... it might be the other way around, but I think I am right

SS had a defense chapter towards the end of the game.

The only reason you'd ever really need to use a master seal in the Tellius games is if you wanted to promote them early, and even then, you'd probably be better off BEXPing them. (BEXP is another thing I'll explain when I talk about the base) Either that, or to promote a level 20 unit without needing to invest (B)EXP into them. Otherwise, you can sell 'em for some quick cash.

True, money is always a win in my book!