Fire Emblem Path of Radiance Screenshot Blind Lp!

Doctor Phoenix

[spoiler=My personal unit analyse]
Ike: One of the best lords in FE. Has no real weakness.
Titania: Godly in the first half. Only use her to weak the enemies. Later she'll be outclassed by the other cavaliers due to her low base stats for being prepromoted. Still usable in the entire game.
Oscar: Mentioned it earlier. Probably the worst cavalier growthwise, but has the best affinity in the game. Excellent support for Ike later.
Boyd: He's one of the better fighters in FE and the only one in FE9, but still only decent at best. If his speed growth sucks, you can easily replace him.
Soren: Imo the best mage in the game. Starts only as level 1, but is pretty easy to train. Adept is nice and he has good speed. However he'll have issues to use other spells than wind due to his awful strength growth. Also good support for Ike.
Gatrie: An ok knight but you don't really need him since his movement sucks. He'll be out for a few chapters, but he won't be underleveled when he returns.
Shinon: Worse bases than Titania, but has the best growths in the game. He'll leave as Gatrie but for A MUCH LONGER time and his rerecruitment requires an unit who's one of the worst in the game.

Rhys: A healer and the only potential light magic user in this game. However his speed and defense are awful and will be outclassed by a stave user you have to use (even not forced). When your mages are promoted, they'll be better healers than Rhys.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[spoiler=My personal unit analyse]

Ike: One of the best lords in FE. Has no real weakness.

Titania: Godly in the first half. Only use her to weak the enemies. Later she'll be outclassed by the other cavaliers due to her low base stats for being prepromoted. Still usable in the entire game.

Oscar: Mentioned it earlier. Probably the worst cavalier growthwise, but has the best affinity in the game. Excellent support for Ike later.

Boyd: He's one of the better fighters in FE and the only one in FE9, but still only decent at best. If his speed growth sucks, you can easily replace him.

Soren: Imo the best mage in the game. Starts only as level 1, but is pretty easy to train. Adept is nice and he has good speed. However he'll have issues to use other spells than wind due to his awful strength growth. Also good support for Ike.

Gatrie: An ok knight but you don't really need him since his movement sucks. He'll be out for a few chapters, but he won't be underleveled when he returns.

Shinon: Worse bases than Titania, but has the best growths in the game. He'll leave as Gatrie but for A MUCH LONGER time and his rerecruitment requires an unit who's one of the worst in the game.

Rhys: A healer and the only potential light magic user in this game. However his speed and defense are awful and will be outclassed by a stave user you have to use (even not forced). When your mages are promoted, they'll be better healers than Rhys.

I'll keep this all in consideration. Thank you.

Holy crud this chapter was fun! I hope there'll be more Defense Chapters other than this.

[spoiler=Story] While Greil and Ike were training Elincia suddenly awakens scaring Mist, but she doens't let that stop her and runs to go get Greil and Ike. Greil asks her how she's feeling and she tells him that she's fine. Greil introduces himself to Elincia. Elincia begins to praise Greil for saving her, but Greil informs her that Ike was the one who saved her. Greil immediately begins asking questions which Elincia doesn't answer. Ike then asks a similar question and Elicia's eyes light up as she tells them that she is the Crimean Princess. She explains that if she had come out as the Crimean Princess it would've caused National Turmoil because her Uncle Lord Renning was already named the successor of the throne. Greil asks what happened to the rest of the Royal family and she informs him that her mother and father are dead and that Lord Renning is still fighting the good fight. Elincia reveals that she was to head to Gallia in order to seek aid from King Caeneghis. Elincia asks if they are mercenaries and if they would take her to Gallia. Ike goes to tell everyone of everything they learned where we learn that Titania used to serve in the Crimean army. Rolf runs in panicking that there is an entire army outside of the fort! Greil holds a vote of whether to turn over Princess Crimea or hold out and fight them off. The majority of votes leads towards yes, but before they can act they realize how quiet it is. They realize that the main antagonists weren't going to wait for them to vote yes, so they burst out of the fort and prepare for battle. And the battle begins! The Greil Mercenaries devise a strategy in order to kill the Boss and get the Ashera Icon. The plan works perfectly and Titania manages to kill Dakova with ease. The rest of Dakova's men run into the woods trying to escape the powerful Titania. Everyone begins to pack their things in order to head to Gallia. Mist puts Elincia to work by helping pack the food. While doing so Elincia sees Mist's medallion which begins to glow. Meanwhile General Petrine of the Daein Army vows to catch and kill the Greil Mercenaries.

[spoiler=Strategy] My strategy for this map was pretty simple. Boyd, Gatrie, and Shinon are to plug the hole on the left while Ike, Titania, Soren, Rhys, and Oscar head down the middle in hope of killing Dakova.

[spoiler=Battle]

Turn 1:

~Titania kills the Soldier to the South

~Oscar kills he other Soldier to the South during Enemy Phase

~Titania kills another Soldier during Enemy Phase

Turn 2:

~Soren kills the Cavalier blocking the path

~Ike kills a Soldier

~Boyd kills the Soldier that was plaguing the left side's movement

~Oscar kills the Cavalier on the left and receives a level up

~Titania kills the Soldier that Oscar was attacking

~Ike kills one of the soldiers on Enemy Phase and receives a Level Up

~Ike then kills two more Soldiers on Enemy Phase with his Steel Sword

Turn 3:

~Boyd kills another Soldier and receives a Level Up

~Ike kills one of the Archers

~Gatrie kills the dude with the Hammer and receives a Hammer!

~REINFORCEMENTS!

Turn 4:

~Soren kills the Archer

~Ike kills the enemy with the Iron Blade and receives it

~Titania kills Dakova and receives a level up

~MORE REINFORCEMENTS!

Turn 5:

~Soren kills the Myrmidon

~Shinon kills the Archer that attacked him on Enemy Phase

~Ike kills a soldier on Enemy Phase
​

Turn 6:

~Shinon kills a Soldier who was in the wrong place at the wrong time

~Soren kills one of the Soldiers

~CHAPTER OVER!

[spoiler=Level Ups] uD8ZWnm.pnga5MmMCh.pngLntQhxu.pngt9v1hmw.pngUe8BPQ5.pngf2I7pcZ.png6bynV7k.png

Chapter Review: I think it's no secret how much I enjoyed this Chapter. Great map, great characters, great story, and it was kind of challenging. I don't think it would've been as challenging if I had kept to myself, but I wanted the items :P. I still don't have Marcia which is weird. I would've thought she'd show up sooner than later, but I guess she's like L'Arachel where she doesn't join until later on? As always support is greatly appreciated and you'll have today and early tomorrow to get your suggestions and tips for the next chapter. God bless and happy gaming.

Okay, so next chapter is an Escape Chapter. Basically, there is a tile Ike needs to get to and, well, escape the map. Technically, only Ike NEEDS to escape, and once he does, the map ends. But it would be in your best interest to have all of your other units escape first and have him escape last. You get "bonus experience", a thing you don't have access to yet, for each unit besides Ike that escapes. And that bonus experience will come in handy later down the road

Okay, so next chapter is an Escape Chapter. Basically, there is a tile Ike needs to get to and, well, escape the map. Technically, only Ike NEEDS to escape, and once he does, the map ends. But it would be in your best interest to have all of your other units escape first and have him escape last. You get "bonus experience", a thing you don't have access to yet, for each unit besides Ike that escapes. And that bonus experience will come in handy later down the road

That sounds awesome! An escape chapter, eh? This is gonna get wild!

Edited by Doctor Phoenix