(Ch 12x: Stereotypical Horror Movie Psychopath) FE6 Hardmode Ironman - The IntSys Menace

Myrmidon Jim

BRANCH OF FATE  

8 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE MY PATH

• Route A (Lalum, Echidna)
    • Route B (Elphin, Bartre)
  2. 2. Saul = Crap

• Promote him anyway for S staves and light magic
    • Staff grind Lilina
    • Use prepromotes for staff utility

Oujay is one of these weird characters who I find decent, but who I still never use. In theory, he joins at a great time because despite being underleveled simply because he should be able to catch up during Axe Islands. But in the end, even if I feel like training up another low-leveled unit, Fir with her HM bonuses feels like the better choice. (And if I feel like being 'efficient', there is probably no reason at all to spend a Hero Crest on him)

3N9f10A.png

I guess this was inevitable.

Micaiah Lilina hype!!

With the EXP you've gotten her here and the free training in 8x, she really should be fine, if really frail. But given the nature of the run, I'd still say Lugh with his good everything-but-magic would be better :P:

I'm actually curious how ch.9 will go. In a normal playthrough, I'd say it's one of the easier maps in this game, but I wonder how FoW and Iron Man mix together... ^^

Oujay is one of these weird characters who I find decent, but who I still never use. In theory, he joins at a great time because despite being underleveled simply because he should be able to catch up during Axe Islands. But in the end, even if I feel like training up another low-leveled unit, Fir with her HM bonuses feels like the better choice. (And if I feel like being 'efficient', there is probably no reason at all to spend a Hero Crest on him)

Tbh you don't want to be a balanced unit in this game, especially with the Hero Crest competition, and there's nothing Oujay really offers that other people don't. He's far from bad, but you can do so much better.

With the EXP you've gotten her here and the free training in 8x, she really should be fine, if really frail. But given the nature of the run, I'd still say Lugh with his good everything-but-magic would be better :P:

I've already poured eight levels in total (counting this update) into her, so I'll be more than a little pissed if she doesn't turn out alright. Though, on the subject of stats, if things continue going as they are, it probably won't matter who I use. Keep in mind I've mentioned returning to using Lugh if Lilina does turn out to be shit.

I'm actually curious how ch.9 will go. In a normal playthrough, I'd say it's one of the easier maps in this game, but I wonder how FoW and Iron Man mix together... ^^

To tell the truth, it's not that scary until you throw effectiveness weapons in, which Ch 9 unfortunately has. I'm not sure if even Jerrot can survive a Halberd. I remember losing a cav at least once to the Halberd fighter.

---

Have you ever wondered what would happen if Lugh was secretly a zombie? Look no further. Here's Chapter 8x!

[spoiler=Ch 8x: The Lugh Apocalypse]

y9p6weN.png

He got mixed results.

or2Zrnu.png

Very original

qeKd1OW.pngEdk3Rvz.png

The team. It doesn't really matter who you bring, this chapter is probably one of the easiest ones in the game.

8pAKVDR.pngOLWPBUW.png

LOkkhM2.png

Let's look at the boss:

xq52HSC.pngDND52xO.png

He... has 65/9 avoid... and at least 14AS... How could they... Why would they...

(Thrones exist solely to troll people, apparently)

Also, he doesn't even have an Armourslayer weakness, so it's going to take a long time to take him down. Hope you have Rutger.

62wrtLs.png

LUGH

WACZ3eE.pngUx3nVmE.png

Allen misses a Merc. This only serves to make him furious, and he crits the same one to death as soon as he possibly could.

Snqgvu4.png

...Is this Lugh in disguise?

qIOD9UJ.png

Rutger steals a kill, and I'm not even angry.

e1AXfAJ.png7oAZC4e.pngMjaKr6e.png

Both good levels. What I really want out of Astol, though, is more Speed, Defence and Resistance.

cnrtST9.pngiXw7Rb6.png

Hahaha

no

EsYYkFR.png

Anna does something helpful for a change.

ISokmVQ.png

Okay. We have a problem.

T8jx6nQ.png

Holy shit

AL7VKb4.png

Even Roy gets infected. His girlfriend is such a bad influence.

mN7oNDt.pngSEieQGf.png4f8p74b.png

That should sum up this chapter

aKj9fU1.png

No, Sue, not you too...

Everyone! Forget about Lugh! We don't need him right now!

Y7I7I0e.png

It's nice that you capped speed, but I want at least one more strength and defence from you before you hit 20. Then again, it's not like you need either of those

wgV98O1.pngQFdCNjl.png

99 problems but a horse ain't one

jHbL6fl.pngTINttMI.pngsbBMF1X.png

Saul getting hit wasn't a mistake, it was me being too lazy to do anything.

T3rEOXt.pngMtjwoSH.png

Allen gets a good level. Unfortunately, his best friend got infected as well. Now I'm wondering why I'm using Lance when I have Allen...

DsdGeU0.png

My reaction to this chapter.

My reaction to this boss.

My reaction to 80% of these level ups.

AfSTHnW.pngKZGOeLR.png

This bandit even has good grammar. The dark age of the FE6 has begun.

Zsxq7h9.png

It took so long, Roy and Lilina unlocked their B support.

QLbRh73.png

Well.

This sucks.

cRPWm2E.png

...There's something wrong with you.

SJnh6BK.png

Okay I guess that's manageable--

Z8NZgPQ.png

WHOA WHOA WAIT

HOLD UP

CA5rKYW.png

That's a Lugh level, I guess.

ol5pSoc.png

Time taken to reach the boss: about 20 turns

Time taken to beat the boss: around 18 turns

ITq1uwK.png

25Ydml4.png

rip Killing Edge. Now I have to get Rutger promoted as soon as possible.

qLkJjC6.png

Let's go, I need to get out of here before I turn into a banana mage as well.

bj5m1ZL.png

Vj3MsAi.png

okay

oWtiXkZ.pngAZI1Z8z.png

See you next time with Chapter 9!

[spoiler=Graveyard]

Clarine - Died Chapter 6

Treck - Died Chapter 7

Oh, and yeah, I've set up a poll for which route to go to. I know it won't get many votes, but that's the point.

I don't understand why so many people say that Henning is so hard.

Rutger with maxed speed can double him because of his AS penalty.

Attack him if he has equipped the hand axe then rescue + take + drop Rutger so Henning doesn't change to the steel blade.

In 3-4 turns he is usually taken down. (with a crit even earlier)

The swordmaster boss in Sacae is hard because no one can double him.

He can be oneshotted by a crit but he can do the same to you.

Also why complaining about Lilina?

Sure her magic growth is surprisingly bad so far but possible double attacks can equal it.

If you go to Sacae you'll appreciate her speed.

I prefer speed mages in this game, especially in this difficulty.

Attack him if he has equipped the hand axe then rescue + take + drop Rutger so Henning doesn't change to the steel blade.

Sure her magic growth is surprisingly bad so far but possible double attacks can equal it.

I'd say a boss with over 60 avoid at this stage of the game is BS. And as for Rutger, one, I wouldn't expect him to do much unless he was promoted early, which I'm no fan of, and second, his low luck means that he faces crit chances, which ain't cool when you stand to have all that progress go down the tubes. Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Thing is, though, Rutger can die, and you don't have anybody else who is that fast. He isn't even guaranteed to have capped speed at that point - my Rutger was overleveled, and he literally only capped it just in time. Granted, he capped it later than usual, but still.

I'd say a boss with over 60 avoid at this stage of the game is BS. And as for Rutger, one, I wouldn't expect him to do much unless he was promoted early, which I'm no fan of, and second, his low luck means that he faces crit chances, which ain't cool when you stand to have all that progress go down the tubes.

Also, this. Except, it's probably BS at any point because it's very unlikely that you'll have a unit that can offset that avoid, especially now.

Yeah, he's absolutely BS as well, but he can't kill you if you attack him from range with a unit he can't double. Shin is a good example here.

Tbh I am being a bit harsh on her, but keep in mind that the speed procs just make her an inferior Lugh. Though her growths do improve this chapter, she still isn't really on the track to beating him.

On the subject of Sacae, though, that's not what I'm worried about. A large portion of it can be trivialised by having defence, even if you don't have speed. So, Delphi Miredy and Percival are great options here. What I'm worried about are chapters that come before like chapter 11A, chapter 13 and possibly chapter 16, which means my units need to be better, earlier. Besides, as you said, I'm not even guaranteed to go to Sacae, though I prefer that route.

---

[spoiler=Ch 9: "Surprise, Motherfucker!" Pt 1/1]

T7pq5hD.png

"so uh we just ran out of ideas so can you defeat these bandits please"

cszJfT5.png

He has done more important things in ten seconds than Lyn has done in her entire life. Good choice.

s3ImjZq.png

The team. About half of these people are probably going to be people I won't use.

[spoiler=Chapter Map]oLDqtJA.png

The first fog of war map. I'd say it's about average difficulty on HM; you can never know when those low hitrates, er, hit. There is a Halberd fighter hidden to the north in the fog of war, so be careful of that. We can't see the boss yet because it's fog of war. To extend your vision in the fog of war, you can use the Torch staff from Chapter 7 or the regular Torch from this map's vendor, or you can simply deploy a thief, because they have extra sight in fog of war. Did I mention it's fog of war? I don't think I did. Yeah, it's fog of war.

JkAnQmM.pngWxliEB3.png

Bah, you cowards, waiting there in the fog! My name is Myrmidon Jim! The boldest Myrmidon in Serenes Forest, wherever it is! If you're not afraid to die, show yourselves!

Bwahahahaha!

Et9Srqh.png

Scott introduces Fir to Shin.

XvEJIF9.png

They become the best of friends.

YVQhpfW.png

Ow! Ow! Stop that!

rl8t3Sh.png

I'd usually get slightly irritated, but one kill isn't really worth getting annoyed over.

Z4sBJLW.png1Uf10aA.png

Two uneventful enemy phases later...

Me7ntxR.pngvPRQEnv.png

Arsehole count: 1

Be very careful with this guy. It turned out Jerrot can survive this guy if he has full health, unless he has a lance equipped. If he does get hit, though, he'd probably get finished off by the archers anyway.

YuSSihx.png

No, Glitch Rath! Stop checking on Sue! I don't want you here!

RXO7vof.png

Chance that Jerrot got hit by one poison axe fighter: 25% Disp. Hit, 12.75% True Hit

cJl5knZ.png

The sad thing is, Shin is probably still better than you. There's nothing stopping me from using the both of you, though.

SXWnjwT.pngD9CZ7sx.png

Arsehole count: 2

If Noah isn't close enough to recruit her, you'd want to get the fuck away.

gpjFQrR.png

You could already one-round with your support bonuses, but I guess a backup wouldn't hurt.

vXwLtYD.pngohjxU9z.png

...Seriously?

Chance that Jerrot got hit by two PA fighters: 0.25 * 0.27 = 0.0675 (6.75%) Disp. Hit, 0.1275 * 0.1485 = 0.01893375 (1.89% to 2 d.p.) True Hit

lpP1J0p.pngjdithYm.png

Arsehole Count: 3

I guess Shin isn't much of an arsehole, but he still has existent crit on Roy, and that's just stupid.

obEBqOU.pngGFzvXNP.png

Fir get. She's my arsehole now.

(That sounded so wrong.)

7nNQgKC.png

I mean, just, yeah, really. Did you expect anything else from THIS Lugh?

qDWQ8xr.pngzFZVjMr.pngUlkkBRi.png

GROWTHS: HP 75, Str 25, Skl 50, Spd 55, Lck 50, Def 15, Res 20, Total 290

Fir is a worse Rutger, but she makes for a decent backup who actually can support Rutger and give him an Atk boost. Her 25% Str isn't a problem as long as it cooperates because her base is high enough with HM bonuses. She also comes with the Wo Dao, which is a Killing Edge with more amplified strengths and weaknesses. She's not a bad choice, but there are better ones.

lnZwZ4M.png

Hoooly Elimine

AAAAAAAAA

I REGRET EVERYTHING

xxvNKUg.png

Phew...

SP97Q5r.pngmHU3LA1.png

Splitting up. The characters who need leveling go north, the characters who don't go south.

MyCebD4.png

While it is a two stat level up, it's the two best stats, so I'm good with this.

5Vw4IUP.pngUJBf3jk.png

Shin is recruited. Let's take a look at his stats:

OBJA9sg.pngwtGRAFH.pngJ1uZCIZ.pngAdtfWtJ.pngOZJWNrE.png

GROWTHS: HP 75, Str 45, Skl 50, Spd 50, Lck 25, Def 10, Res 15, Total 270

Shin is great with HM bonuses, but he is still a bow user, and you therefore will need to take caution with him. Though, he can easily take down a wyvern or two without a problem, and he has a fairly fast support with both Shin and Fir, and his offensive power is much better than the archers. Though, that's not saying much, because Sue also beats them because she doubles. That's a different story, though. I've taken the liberty to compare Shin and Sue's stats. Sue is fairly inferior, but she still has exclusive Killer access for now. Shin has raw stats on his side, but will need extra help to reach C rank.

120mnT0.png

BASTARD LOCATED

OYNLbqk.pnghwcNzKs.png

Not that threatening. While his 53 avoid, while not as high as Henning's, is still aggravating, he's not that hard. Just attack him from range with a magic user and you should be fine.

Y0TSK5b.png

Wow. I think this is an actual, genuine "difficult" situation. I can't kill off anybody reliably without placing someone in danger, and there are just enough enemies for someone to die if I get too reckless.

FW3EPDb.pngwmimk6f.png

...Yeah. Sure doesn't look good. Jerrot has lost enough HP to die to the Halberd, even with a sword, and Shin can't deal enough damage to prevent Jerrot needing to.

TRwFofC.pngxsIlYJS.pngtfJBipK.png

With no other reliable options, I decide to pull back for now. I know, I know, I'm being a big coward this chapter.

zdigUut.png

Saul...

Just...

It's time to stop.

mpc1jNh.png

I guess I can let this slide, but only because her bases are so good in the first place. I obviously won't let more bad levels go in the future if she keeps getting them.

7oMz0hy.pngzPPXFAk.png

Fir finally learned how to crit when it's useful.

2COOSxS.png

She also learned how to piss me off.

YzBqHwA.png

Dieck hasn't had much screentime recently, but he's been helping out as well. Good level.

kZn1Ml3.png6bNkakN.png

It's at this point where I realised I fucked up.

Massively.

I can't pull back because I don't have enough mounted units available to do so.

I can't heal Jerrot or let Shin tank, because the Halberd fighter and the archer will either kill Shin or kill Jerrot anyway (in the case of the former).

I can't really kill the archer and guarantee Jerrot's safety.

I can't rescue Shin with Jerrot, because Sue will probably die.

Jerrot also happens to become a bad unit by the end of the Isles, while Shin needs a little training first but will become great by the end of the game.

Ideally, I need to keep Shin and Sue alive for Chapter 20 because I will probably end up in Sacae.

Granted, I'm not guaranteed to lose a unit, but every possible course of action I can take can result in a death. This is probably what Farewell, My Turnabout would be like if it was a FE chapter.

3xjd8pr.pngdpXkxoF.pngwJg7qa2.png

I decide to let Jerrot kill the archer, but not before taking his non-Iron Sword items off of him.

ncOZJp4.png

Here we go...

O8Itibj.png

...Guy, I think you should run. You might have pissed him off.

4tPVHhQ.png

THE MOMENT OF TRUTH

xXRFzmI.png

WILL JERROT SURVIVE

OR WILL HE DIE

FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON HOLLYOAKS!

Huh? Stop stalling?

Yeah, you're probably right. Where were we?

xXRFzmI.png

Ah, right.

WILL HE SURVIVE

OR WILL HE DIE

GOiNvz5.pngV8NaHan.png

HE DIES

Body Count: 3

On another note, I actually didn't expect this to happen. I thought it would've been too poetic after all the Halberd abuse in the last chapters. The irony here is... not that delicious, admittedly.

Not important, but may as well give the numbers here:

Chance that Jerrot got hit by two PA fighters and a Halberd fighter: 0.25 * 0.27 * 0.32 = 0.0216 (2.16%) Disp. Hit, 0.1275 * 0.1485 * 0.208 = 0.00393822 (0.39% to 2 d.p.) True Hit

Underlined: what the heck?!

KdH4Z8U.pngPxwx8Cj.pngXgqDQ0j.png

Fir avenges Jerrot in the bloodiest way possible and even gets a bad level out of the deal. Hooray?

Cf1wOsd.png

I would've appreciated this more if you were Fir, Noah.

tSqycw3.png386VG3O.png

Calm before the storm.

TGxyZ68.png

I have the most rotten luck sometimes...

R1OCzBG.pngGUkxnvB.pngPP2SrBd.png

I can just picture Agent Saul doing an epic action movie-esque dodge before Agent Shanna picks him up and ferries him back to base, with Mission Impossible playing in the background.

Ru6vLMm.png

Meanwhile, Fir gets ANOTHER bad level. I swear she's just copying what she did last playthrough.

aZtNnSU.png

Christmas has come early for Rutger.

3BUvwvp.png

The groups stay where they are for several turns. Thanks for the ambush reinforcements, IntSys!

qFxoAwi.png

Sue has practically given up now.

gbPXoW5.png

Good enough.

SgLE8VU.png

I knew Route A would be the most popular, but I didn't think it'd be unanimous.

mayfhN8.png

...Is that a good Roy level? It's been ages...

pvJpAT2.pnggJwxiOF.png

Lovely.

OBrQDiS.pngCLUbm4f.pngUWtIXnB.png

From left to right: Good, great, bad. Nice to see Shin start so nicely. Saul is just asking for the bench now.

And yeah, most of the remaining screenshots are levels, so consider this chapter to be one big training montage.

uTxc2wf.png

>Fir still can't crit with a Wo Dao

LixCYTs.png

*holds breath*

Good. What else do you need from Rutger at this point?

Bad. It doesn't even deserve a comment.

Bad and bad again. Why are you so obsessed with the worst stats?

Good, because Lance could use more speed.

Really solid. That's more like what I want to see, but she's still a long way away from matching Lugh. If she does. She has about ten levels left to prove her worth, because I'm going to try and get them both to 20. Of course, if she doesn't, Lugh may not end up warming the bench.

zVaLSjp.png

Okay, even I have to admit that that was pretty cool.

d8LXI8W.pngUTxQhMN.png

I love how he says this to a frail mage of all people.

f1tcZm7.png

I guess I asked for this. Again.

0rPVgOQ.png

Here was a Zealot! When comes such another?

QnizF97.png

I was going to provide a screenshot of me saving it like usual (why do I do that anyway?), but I forgot to do it, somehow.

[spoiler=Graveyard]

Clarine - Died Chapter 6 - Ensnared

Treck - Died Chapter 7 - The Ostian Revolt

Jerrot - Died Chapter 9 - The Misty Isles

Aw, that looks like a Fir-less playthrough approaching. Too bad!

OBJA9sg.pngAdtfWtJ.png

And that's why I don't think HM bonuses are a good mechanism. :/ They just widen the gap between good and bad units so badly. I mean, your Sue is quite blessed right now and still can't quite catch up to Shin's increased base stats despite being 4 levels ahead. It's even worse in this game because most units that get a bonus would have been at least decent, anyway...

Jerrot really got screwed by the RN Goddess there. :D Oh well, he's not as crucial to the game as Marcus was, anyway. Your christmas cavs do seem fine by now.

Aw, that looks like a Fir-less playthrough approaching. Too bad!

Jumping to conclusions, are we? Though, I guess I'd have to admit, if I benched all the units who got bad level ups, she'd probably be my fourth target.

And that's why I don't think HM bonuses are a good mechanism. :/ They just widen the gap between good and bad units so badly. I mean, your Sue is quite blessed right now and still can't quite catch up to Shin's increased base stats despite being 4 levels ahead. It's even worse in this game because most units that get a bonus would have been at least decent, anyway...

Yeah, this game usually takes HM bonuses too far. On NM, there's more of a balance between units, but the higher amount of extra levels than usual means that some bonuses are going to be ludicrous in HM. I think it could be okay if you give each recruitable enemy a small set of absolute bonuses, but obviously that takes up a bit more space.

I think Klain is one of the few characters in this game where HM bonuses are okay. They don't make him broken, they just make him compete better against Igrene, and even then their averages are close, IIRC. Wolt and Dorothy were intentionally given bad bases, so you can't really blame their incompetence on Klain.

---

I don't like bandits. They're coarse and rough and irritating and they get everywhere.

[spoiler=Ch 10A: The Good Bad Guy]

qPmZzCk.png

BUT IT WAS I

DIA

You know I'm grasping when I reference dead memes

fI77vfw.png

This looks like a nice guy. Definitely not a traitor at all.

QyQzLc0.png

Today's posse. Jerrot's death gave me a little more space to train up the units from last chapter. Hooray?

kCyqMvS.pngToLQvL3.png

Urgh. This again?

fH2t9wc.pngUwO8Cb9.png

A Killing Edge, too? Seriously?

0eCkpdw.png

I can't

just

what

I don't want to live on this planet anymore

For what it's worth, let's look at the map:

[spoiler=Ch 10 Map]11E22nl.png

Another very linear map. After the two groups of enemies, there aren't many enemies, but be sure to block the two forts at the bottom, because some fairly annoying reinforcements can spawn there. Pirates spawn from the western fort, but none of them have any special weaponry aside from Hammers, and there's no reason for you to deploy one at this point.

b10up78.pngqZzBJ3l.png

At first glance, he seems to be less aggravating than the other bosses, but then you notice he has Nosferatu, and he has enough might to always heal more than half of his health with it. You'd better hope it doesn't hit. IntSys, you may have been learning at this point, but really? This is just disappointing.

vCrkxHc.png9ffy4vC.pngDXMSazY.png

Speaking of disappointing, so is his army. Ganging up on Rutger? Honestly? That's the worst choice you could make.

rKcweJl.pngXkg8syd.png

Despite being a sword that only deals 10 damage, I still manage to find a use for it.

VMpnkkl.png

OHHHH YES

Hj46rxv.png

This may be dangerous, but it's fine. The Halberd won't even hit Rutger--

Hm32ewu.png

uWVMjc3.png

It's a four stat level, but I'm still somehow not impressed. What have you done to me, Awakening?!

4kjERh7.png

Honestly, strength is what you need right now.

Oh, and HP.

Oh, and Defence.

Maybe a little more Resistance?

That Speed needs to get better too.

RSD62qI.png

Great! I definitely believed in you. Yep. I didn't just give up after you got five bad levels in a row. Nope. Not me.

sMPLuyh.png

(How could this happen to me?)

5ROZNtM.png

1/2 groups heartlessly annihilated.

RawnVcN.png

Aww.

G9Vr35X.png

Inspired by Lilina, Lance decides to declare his love for his best friend.

(Roy and Allen now get four might from supports...)

1TVg3xL.pngfmVOJeM.png

Let's ruthlessly conscript this poor pirate.

JlP8UBT.pngxrEWAEK.png86sgNIz.png

GROWTHS: HP 85, Str 50, Skl 30, Spd 40, Lck 40, Def 20, Res 10, Total 275

Geese is so outclassed, even Oujay is less outclassed than he is. Unlike Oujay, though, he has no decently fast supports to make up for it. If memory serves, this route's Gonzales is better than him in every stat except from Skill and Luck (and Resistance, but chances are there's going to be no difference). Incidentally, none of those decide battles on their own. He's okay on Normal, just don't expect him to do well here. That Brave Axe is awesome, though. I'll be stealing that.

hML33qM.pngkJM4eN9.png

I'm so disappointed, even Saul isn't disappointing me with his disappointingly disappointing levels.

FJJMKhE.png

The only reason Roy isn't still there is because of a misclick that got him rescued. Yeah, I got pissed off.

WQIeR9w.png

He just there.

n68yPxA.pngqaA1MS3.png

Two levels to go until Rutger becomes even more ridiculous.

i618K4d.png

Phew

pEU1Frg.png

Hooooly shit, Roy's on fire today--

ZrWtDFG.png

Damn. I swear this sort of thing always happens after a crit.

FiuLtIx.png

Good, but generic.

ZfTOMig.png

Rutger only got ~40 exp from this Berserker kill. Urgh, can't he get EXP faster?

MShDf5M.png0cvJZEx.png

Another useful crit?

EJzc15Y.png

With no fliers around, using Geese to get there on time becomes the most logical course of action.

6LcDOm8.png

Lilina callously manipulates this bandit into joining.

DJwZ1OC.pngsBFG3dv.pngaaJKJYk.png

GROWTHS: HP 90, Str 60, Skl 15, Spd 50, Lck 35, Def 25, Res 5, Total 280

From what I've read, people either love Gonzales as a unit or hate him. He hits like a truck at level 5 and he's fast enough to double, even with effectiveness weapons. He has enough Luck to not really worry about crits, and he has immediate access to Killer Axes on this route. He has a fairly quick support with Lilina that gives him more hit and Lilina more DEF. His defence is also decent, but it's not great, and he has monstrous HP, so he should be able to take at least two hits. His RES and CON are things to be wary of, but his CON problem isn't as bad as Barth's. Also, his hitrate is absolutely atrocious, but I honestly don't think it's as bad as most people let on. At 20/1, Gonzales wins 1 Hit and 4 Hit against Ward and Lot respectively, and loses a whopping 3 Hit against Geese. When factoring in prepromotes, both Echidna and Garret win hit on him, but Echidna only wins by 6 Hit. Of course, he's not going to be 20/1 at the same time as these units, but his promotion still gives him a good Skl boost, so he shouldn't be too far behind. I probably won't use him because, as I said, I don't want to luck out of every situation, but this is probably something I'll leave on a poll. Of course, he has Fir to compete with, so he has to get good level ups to even warrant that.

5v4jd44.png

Like this, for example.

2SgZpPj.pngcwxcExj.png

...I guess 13 guaranteed Str on promotion isn't that bad.

c6C8x2J.png6rxyC1t.png

Learning about what happened with Lilina and Roy, Rutger tries to talk to Dieck, but it doesn't go so well.

qVTRrjK.png

Hello, Ellen. How has the bench been?

Ddxi7Qb.png81blTCB.pngFzdXPDU.png

Fir gets two bad levels in a row. She's going nowhere quickly.

2Q6PPfV.pngG7SvvG2.png4n5LHr8.pngasGCSA6.pngXnQjtMi.pngxivRPgr.png

rip Wo Dao. It's not as bad this time, because Rutger was around ~30EXP away from promotion at the end of the chapter.

0TuJG2x.png

I gave Gonzales a level for the hell of it. I may need to get my eyesight checked.

oXeIEnh.pngYK6JsbV.pngkznEv8B.png

16 guaranteed strength...

NiSPscn.png

See you next time with another one of the hardest chapters in the game!

JFlcK9P.png

Friggin finally

v3FDjnN.pngjVoouhV.png

[spoiler=Graveyard]

Jumping to conclusions, are we? Though, I guess I'd have to admit, if I benched all the units who got bad level ups, she'd probably be my fourth target.

Well, I guess the two strength level ups won't do her any harm. I probably would have benched her after ch.9 because Deke and Rutger would call dibs on the first two Crests and I'm not sure if promoting her later than that would be worth it.

I think Klain is one of the few characters in this game where HM bonuses are okay. They don't make him broken, they just make him compete better against Igrene, and even then their averages are close, IIRC. Wolt and Dorothy were intentionally given bad bases, so you can't really blame their incompetence on Klain.

Yeah, and Tate isn't too bad either. Her bases on NM are pretty terrible (6 Str, 11 Spd...) and the HM bonuses make her a lot more viable. Too bad they also make both wyvern riders blow her and Thany out of the water.

In general, the character balancing needed quite a few tweaks. I like how FE6 gives different characters different roles - Marcus is my favourite Jeigan in the series and I quite like how most of the prepromotes work in this game. But it's a bit painful that some characters are just plain worse than any of their competition. :/

See you next time with another one of the hardest chapters in the game!

Looking forward to see if you can save both the archers and the peg knights :D The latter part always screws me over.

Well, I guess the two strength level ups won't do her any harm. I probably would have benched her after ch.9 because Deke and Rutger would call dibs on the first two Crests and I'm not sure if promoting her later than that would be worth it.

TBH, I'm more worried about her defence. 4 DEF where she is now is appalling, even for her, and that 3 DEF promo bonus isn't saving her from being as frail as the mages.

Yeah, once Rutger promotes, you don't really need Fir unless he somehow dies. It's nice to have a backup, though. You can never really predict what will happen in an Iron Man run. Training her now also means it'll be less of a headache to recruit Karel later, if you're the sort of person who likes to recruit everyone.

Not promoting her also raises the question about what to do with the Hero Crest. I usually promote Gonzales, but no one is going to be 20/1 by the endgame, and that means his terrible accuracy is going to start kicking in. I could let Dieck have the Armads, but that means I have to grind his axe rank with a dangerous weapon, and he doesn't crit often like Rutger or Gonzales so he risks a counterattack from a manakete. The only real benefit is that he has far more skill.

Yeah, and Tate isn't too bad either. Her bases on NM are pretty terrible (6 Str, 11 Spd...) and the HM bonuses make her a lot more viable. Too bad they also make both wyvern riders blow her and Thany out of the water.

In general, the character balancing needed quite a few tweaks. I like how FE6 gives different characters different roles - Marcus is my favourite Jeigan in the series and I quite like how most of the prepromotes work in this game. But it's a bit painful that some characters are just plain worse than any of their competition. :/

I kind of hate Oifeys in general. The fact that they exist pretty much shows that the game they're in is going to be a cakewalk; Seth is a particularly bad example, because he just destroys from turn one until the end of the game. There's no strategy involved here, despite being in a turn based strategy game. So, seeing a Jeigan who couldn't one-round everything he saw was really refreshing.

Looking forward to see if you can save both the archers and the peg knights :D The latter part always screws me over.

Definitely need some luck for that. I hear Klein and Tate's AI is unpredictable, to say the least, but even if the both of them move, there's a good chance you won't be able to reach them anyway because of their minions and the map layout. Of course, I haven't went in without a plan, but even with a plan you need to hope that Echidna doesn't kick it as soon as she appears.

---

IT'S TIME

aDppxBf.png

TO FACE

lJyC6TO.png

THE BULLSHIT

3ap3BN6.png

[spoiler=Ch 11A: Going Mad With Power]6hwJKan.png

so scary

MRwwyjg.png

...Is this actually something original?

knb3NWa.png

Even Shanna can wield this without AS penalty, so she isn't completely hopeless combat-wise...

...If you manage to train her up.

mDwDDAY.png

My ruthless killing machine.

HuE0dkd.png

I brought Sue instead of Shin because she has Killer Bow access.

hINl1MC.pngrV1Yf1u.png

Never mind, then. FE6 is as unoriginal as ever.

k2NyW6A.png

Wait, you're still relevant?

---

Let's look at the map:

[spoiler=Chapter Map]xp96Qxt.png

As I have mentioned before numerous times, this is probably one of the hardest maps in the game...

...but what I didn't mention was that it's not for the right reasons.

What you see here is literally the original set of enemies. They don't look too tough, and believe me when I say they aren't. The chapter is completely manageable for the first few turns. After that is when the bullshit unfolds. Echidna will spawn from a village with three enemy fighters who CAN EASILY KILL HER IN THAT SAME FUCKING ENEMY PHASE. The only thing you can do about it is to set someone up as a meatshield. Also, if you're an unsuspecting player, there's a good chance you'll be there right then, and if you are playing on this mode, it's fairly likely that at least one person is screwed. And does it stop there? Hahaha, no. Bandits will spawn from the east to burn the villages and everyone's favourite cavforcements will spawn from the north west. NOW is that it? Ha ha ha, I freaking WISH. That's a matter for later on, though.

There are actually three side missions here. The first is for you to visit all the villages, and it'll win you a Hero Crest. I actually forgot this was a side mission until I finished the chapter. I will explain the other two when they arise.

Let's look at the boss:

qvfFTW3.png

Orlo is fairly tame compared to previous bosses, but his tome still stings enough to 2HKO nearly everything he finds. As long as you have a healer nearby, you'll be fine.

MN2byPC.png

GROWTHS: HP 70, Str 10, Skl 5, Spd 70, Lck 80, Def 20, Res 30, Total 285

Our dancer. I personally prefer Elphin, but they shouldn't be tanking hits anyway, so Lalum is probably better.

CD5sUd6.png

Shanna will be going to the east to visit the villages my units can't, while avoiding any nearby archers.

Gonzales and Lalum will be going down the western route, because those two are usually all you need for that.

Everyone else will be going down the center. You'll probably need them there, anyway.

6HG8Rgf.png

Objection! Narcian is a mere disguise used by the true murderer to frame the culprit! His real name is Richard Wellington!

Yes, I've been replaying JFA. No, this is probably not the last time I'll call Narcian that.

hVLrbF6.png

I didn't mean to do this, but it certainly paid off.

hKxb9U3.png

Formation before moving Gonzales.

42vYv2p.png

This is the only time I've used it this chapter, I swear.

Yes.

Definitely.

rwmCIBe.png6txGgCE.png

Sue gets a good level up. Her HP is becoming scary, but it will be fine for now.

lunRfZ5.png

Lilina: PICK A GOD AND PRAY

OJITfNn.png4uPUWGS.png

The group of enemies on Shanna's side actually move away from her, despite being closer to her. I don't really know why.

gAKHehJ.png

I'd want to argue with those levels, but I can't deny their usefulness.

ZsU6oxc.png

ALLEN!

STOP!

THAT KILL WASN'T FOR YOU!!

Fo9cMbK.png

Erm, well... In that case, never mind.

iOvHBrk.png

Ooh, this is nice.

But not as nice as...

1rinwvB.png

MWAHAHAHAHAHA...

UITyxkN.pngDFCF5JK.png

This level up may not look like much, but Lilina isn't doubling many enemies at the moment, so extra speed is pretty cool.

ZJy0H59.png

DEATH FROM ABOVE!

bh2FOZX.png

They're all very nice items.

CB1HK5D.pngurCeAQT.png

Uh... Yes, she is QUITE the sight...

This is when the second side quest begins. You basically need to recruit Klain and let all his minions survive. It seems manageable on paper. However, this is FE6, and things are never that simple. Not only is there a house that is in the fucking way, Klain's AI is really unpredictable and you can never tell for certain that even your most fool-proof plan will work. Why yes, luck (not the stat) DOES play a huge part in this chapter, why do you ask? lWdjGJM.gif

HMJkTlw.png

I'm sure that if there weren't so many houses, this would be much more exciting, but that's exactly it. There are so many better things to get.

r6ZMm0T.pngokC0oot.png

Get on the team, you... Allen abuser... person... thing!

0dHbxKN.png

GROWTHS: HP 60, Str 35, Skl 40, Spd 45, Lck 50, Def 15, Res 25, Total 270

Klain is one of your two best bets for a Sniper, but why would you want to have them in the first place? Ballistae can't move and are fairly rare, you have two better Nomad Troopers, and your normal combat units will have better stats. Unlike other prepromotes, he actually has growths, but they're nothing to boast about. He also has fairly good supports, but his Ice affinity is pretty bad. He's good filler, but that's about it.

mUWA8lv.pngaDppxBf.png

You have defied your destiny of death by Rutger. That will not be forgiven.

Vl6UGTb.pngEK1ZLi0.png

This is the third and final side quest. You need to recruit Tate, and, like with Klain's troops, keep all her soldiers alive until they escape. Overall, she's the much more irritating character to recruit, because literally all her minions can fly while your only flyer at this point is Shanna, who has far more trouble recruiting her than Klain does. I THINK Tate has Klain's same AI, so she's fairly unpredictable, but she starts around three turns away from you so you can probably do something about it. The reward for this is another Elysian Whip, which is fairly unnecessary because you don't really need more than one, but it can still be fairly useful.

NOrHsON.png

I'd like to say I'm filthy stinking rich, but at this point I'm still under 10000G.

pN2NCzB.png

You cocky fucker, you're not safe from the bench.

lJyC6TO.png

...Seriously? I'm busy doing something, and NOW you spawn? Honestly?

And why yes, it DOES cut to the Enemy Phase after that. Keeping your units alive is overrated, after all.

g1OZwEa.png

Lance's Resistance is higher than his Luck... What sort of twisted world is this?

5y0cC43.png6QxjMQA.png

Sue, for fuck's sake... Actually, no, it's not worth it. Let's talk about the weather instead. Boring weather we're having. It's almost like your mother, Sue.

sI3ms7M.png

Now get on the team, holy shit you're lucky to be alive.

iJatz9s.png

GROWTHS: HP 75, Str 30, Skl 25, Spd 30, Lck 20, Def 15, Res 15, Total 210

Echidna is just mediocre, honestly. She's amazing now, of course, but that won't stick. Though, WHY is she an axe user if she doesn't even have the Con for an Iron? She's literally just prepromoted Oujay, otherwise. Her support pool is pretty bad, and so is her affinity, but it's still better than nothing.

NFSF2YD.pngbufSoml.png

I took Klain's SB off him so he could meatshield, but I forgot to take his White Gem off in case of the worst. I just...

jF83h0S.png

Stop attacking us, you fucking fucks!

qWZUD70.png

GROWTHS: HP 60, Str 40, Skl 45, Spd 55, Lck 40, Def 15, Res 20, Total 275

Tate is your best offensive PK, though her stats are admittedly a little... worse than I had remembered. She'd still be a decent fighter if you level her, but both the wyvern knights are better. 16 STR and 22 SPD after promotion isn't something to scoff at, though.

M5Og34c.png

EEK

Olr9snt.png

Saul prepares accordingly.

drTvj83.png

Yeah, okay, I admit it, he got ONE useful level. Out of the last ten or so.

QM4CLlz.png

Surprisingly, no one needs these right now, but I guess Miredy could appreciate it if I promote her early.

6EZvqPR.png

BE FREEEE

Lz5gGVq.png

Okay, aside from the endlessly spawning bandits, I think I've pretty much won the chapter. Why did IntSys still bother spawning them at this point? All of the villages would have been accounted for at this point anyway.

o2oqfDe.png

On one of my previous playthroughs, I did see this dialogue, but I didn't linger long enough to see what these reinforcements were. They could have came out of the red houses, for all I knew.

ChbgmWm.png

BE FREEEEEE

OWT9Em6.png7WjZKeJ.png

Imagine my complete and utter frustration when the armory sold every weapon type except for swords.

Z56IsFC.png

As much as I want to hate Gonzales' level, it's still improving his Hit.

b9xrPJ7.png

That's right, these fuckers spawn, and they're two turns AT MOST from your units. They even have a leader:

3ap3BN6.png

Roberts is an 8 move boss with competent stats. He can one-round some of your slower units. If he doesn't kill you, he'll cripple you instead, and his cavaliers will finish you off. There's a way to trivialise his entire group (and the one to the left, incidentally), though. He's no challenge if you bring anyone who can walk on mountains...

DTWsyQe.png

...Like this guy, for example.

Gonzales is doubled by Roberts at base, but the mountains give him so much avoid that he's not likely to get killed in the first place. Even if he does get hit, he can easily grind levels off the cavforcements in his position, and he can probably deal with them all on his own if you give him enough axes.

vuaQ7pu.pngFt3KlLi.png

It's time to take out the trash.

tp4Fs26.png

None of them are particularly good, but Gonzales' first speed level up meant that he no longer got doubled by Roberts.

lP6kKEK.png

WE SHALL FIGHT ON THE BEACHES

WE SHALL FIGHT ON THE HILLS

WE SHALL NEVER SURRENDER

BeQDL4C.png

Oh, wow. Er... thanks? We're the ones defending right now, so...

(Allen and Roy now both get 5 might from their supports... lWdjGJM.gif)

rIbnwuI.png80XGiZA.pngoqbk09s.png

rip Halberd, you will be missed. In other news, Gonzales just keeps on getting luckier.

dle66L1.png

Providing Lugh never gets speed, Lilina is now guaranteed to be at least as fast as him. So, Lugh is now only beating Lilina in Skill, Luck (by one point) and Defence, one of those stats being something Lilina gets later on, and two being stats Lilina makes up for in her A support.

Arena Levels:

Me219Rl.png

So, this is my level 20 Saul. Oh, god. Get that thing away from me. Yet, I hate to say it, I'll probably need to use him for another two chapters at the very least.

Also, shoutout to Rutger for his awesome level 3 procs. He's essentially my ultimate uber panic button supreme now.

E2FPkN9.png

Tate gets a support she most likely won't use.

YIiy0Mu.png

Oh really?

OuMSXJF.png

Well then, fuck you.

usQwVVJ.pngxOSLpmT.png

Why is Resistance raising so often? Are they all just resistant to Bern and Etruria? *shot*

y7AY9ZO.pngcE596CZ.png

Okay, that's Luck down. Lugh's only advantages are Skill, like one or two Def, and... two extra level ups.

RP5LQPj.png2Q2eHZj.png

This was all an elaborate plan by the villainous Elphin!

OoRET82.png

I was legitimately worried I'd have to bench Dieck for a few chapters. This Hero Crest actually gives me a reason not to.

JDs9YJQ.png

You don't really need any, but it's nice to have.

fQToInO.png

Miredy's... still three chapters away...

*sob*

AMs6abn.png

See you next time with Chapter 12!

[spoiler=Graveyard]

Edited by Myrmidon Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I wouldn't usually do this, but I've put up a poll about whether to continue using Saul. He's below average in nearly every stat, he blows a deployment slot, he's currently wasting valuable staves because he can't gain EXP at the moment, and he is soon going to face stiff competition with even Cecilia, and the only things he's really going to have to make up for it if he promotes is light magic and S staves. I've managed to pull off getting my Sage a good staff rank before, but it generally means they will only very rarely see combat until they get at least C staves.

As a side note, this update came later than expected. Real life issues got in the way, but they're gone for now.

---

I have a love-hate relationship with this chapter, though there's not really any reason for me to like it. What I don't like is that you basically have to rush if you play like I do.

[spoiler=Ch 12: Manakete Exposure Chapter]
GGDLX0u.png
Genya Arikado as well? I'm fucked!
Ofo0ZjF.png
I then proceed to get Lilina to level 19 while completely neglecting this poor man.
0xMlyIy.png
It's a bit of an uncreative name, but it could be worse. It could literally be any chapter title from FE8.
NAI1DkX.png
Some guy in armour tells him to fuck off back to his own country.
GTTO9EV.png
Unpossible!
wVVuMC8.png
>Fight with Nohr
>Defend Hoshido
>Refuse to choose a side
>Join Smash
>Hijack FE6

"I make my own fate!"
rlad1nB.png2UeV8QX.png
Killers are basically going to be common at this point. Luckily, Fighters aren't particularly hard to kill.
HR7miRV.pngJven93W.png
And here's the first Sleep staffhole. Joy.
Wwt5uPr.pngtNu5f2d.png
Eclipse is the worst weapon in the game, unless you're attacking a wall. Then, it's the best weapon in the game.
Nc3tZCf.png
You get no points for guessing how this turned out.
oXZAmLP.pnglqIsN09.png
Shin gets the first level of the chapter. It's surpisingly, and depressingly tolerable.
E5Gs5Mu.pngMbvh3s2.png
Ein is the boss of this chapter. He's one of the easiest bosses in the game unless you decide to break your Armourslayer.
OtuuWT8.png
"USE THE FUCKING WYRMSLAYER"

It's all so simple now.

I didn't use the fucking wyrmslayer.

lONRthk.png
Pissed off by my endless criticism of him, Lugh finally goes to the dark side.
Go9nh0q.png
And then the screen just slowly follows him back to his spot. Don't ask me why, but I find this hilarious.
yNV792U.png
Mate...
SFFqzlT.png

FUCK YES
HM2vDbF.pngDJLyaP7.png
Manaketes only have 1-range, so this boss is a cakewalk. Roy is probably the best person for the job for once. He can wield the Wyrmslayer without any AS penalties, and he has enough Luck to avoid being critted. Lilina can do decent non-wyrmslayer damage to him, but she's not likely to be at a high level at this point.
rkQbZEq.pngxBYldlI.pngMurmzqB.png
Lilina, the destroyer of worlds.
foaIWis.png
Lugh, the destroyer of patience.

On another note, his bad magic is finally coming back to bite him. I guess I never really bothered to make him fight the high HP enemies enough to notice how bad his problem was getting.
9RfXKfD.png
However, he does well enough this time. He did waste a Thunder use by critting on the second shot, though. Yes, I know, I'm never satisfied.
mWcqAl4.png
That Sniper is a real tempting EXP bag, but I think I knew from the beginning that Shin wasn't going to manage to kill him. The former got out of the mess alive this time, the lucky bastard.
7f2G7A2.png
And so, as suddenly as it had begun, Shin's reign of awesomeness came to an end. He now lies snoring on the ground, using his horse as a pillow.
YzwO8ze.png
Dark magic we can't use yet. Hurrah!
wNlNcsg.png
Allen will be chipping the Shamans for Roy and Co. to mercilessly slaughter next turn. He's safer than you might think; IIRC, he has to crit all the enemies and get hit by all of them to have a chance of death, because he isn't doubling any of them.
TBZNfAw.png
The only person who needs this is Roy, because every other sword user I have at this point is either overpowered, or has access to lances anyway. It's nice to have, though, so I'm not going to complain about it.
IkhaMNs.png
Hopefully this luck won't run out for a long while.
SbOZljj.png
Defence?
KdweVBk.png
Wow. Lance reaaally doesn't want to get outdone by Percival.
l9hNSqL.png
It's not like we need a reason to use bows anyway.
0uQXrqN.png
>still thinks he's above getting benched
rJED6eK.pnge23SzXW.png
Yes, yet ANOTHER Elysian Whip. No one cares about your mages anyway.
bhVHUWe.png3Z9EK2u.png
Allen will be luring the fighters here. Just like before, he SHOULD be fine, but he won't if he goes critting things to death.
rB1waUj.png
Remember, money is important!
sNxssF3.pngwnzC3CO.png
LA LA LA LA LA LA
LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA
LA LA LA LA LA LA
LA LA LA LA LA

LA
1ybcvN3.png
Holy shit, I forgot how many filler turns there were in this chapter, despite how obvious they are from merely looking at the map.
A2XHGrg.png
Hmm... I COULD do this...
DbZpQrb.png
Gonzales, you are the most monotonous brigand in Elibe.
br7bmwV.png
Lilina refuses to be outplayed by the low-budget mage, and gets a shit level to rival his. Either that, or Lugh has infected her again.
vNlzneb.png
Such a Lalum level.
JLIQX18.png
Sue and Shin now work together in a taxi company. They need to ferry Roy to Cath.
onbtN92.png
It's actually a while until the bad ending path reinforcements arrive, but you still barely have any time to fight them unless you leave someone right at the start, and they're generally strong enough to overwhelm anyone who isn't being helped.
shLpzem.png
Wake that slugabed up!
SNlZqPo.png
The two brothers are going to fight in a bloody battle to the death!
XZMdSg5.png
Just kidding, that's TOO cruel.
Q4C9a8X.png
*Insert Eastenders theme here as the credits begin rolling*
t8ZhcZQ.png
Raigh is a bad guy with a heart of gold. Where have I heard this before?
oYhEnfY.pngJ893NjH.pngVvZ7CqF.png

GROWTHS: HP 55, Str 45, Skl 55, Spd 40, Lck 15, Def 15, Res 35, Total 260

Quite possibly the best offensive Shaman in the game. Yeah, he does have low Con, but he will rarely need to use anything other than Flux or Nosferatu anyway, so his AS is alright. Besides, Niime has the worst durability in the game, and nobody in their right fucking mind uses Sophia unless it's for the purpose of learning how bad she is or torturing themselves. He should also be able to take a hit unless a crit happens. His supports, however, are really bad. Chad has paper-thin durability, and there's no guarantee Lugh is even going to be good enough to warrant using him. I'd be willing to use him if it means I get to use Apocalypse, because I don't really have a lot of good magic users right now. However, it's definitely not a certainty.

QhzuO8m.png

Shin and Sue get a support that will potentially be useful from now up until the end of Chapter 23. They don't have matching affinities, but support is literally support, so any bonuses are appreciated.

LjLBqxV.png

STOP
THIEF

ezbH7E6.png

The ruthless killing machine has been stopped for five minutes. Oh well, I didn't really need him at this particular moment.

s1vMCCb.png

Urgh, these guys look like walking EXP bags, but they hit hard enough to be threatening to everyone who isn't taking a nap, and there's not enough time to kill a lot of them.

y0qnKVm.png

CASSHOLE LOCATED
HTV9wBg.png3KeRcJW.pngruYuo6G.png

GROWTHS: HP 80, Str 40, Skl 45, Spd 85, Lck 50, Def 15, Res 20, Total 335

Yes, that is 3 Str. She's dealing two damage to the reinforcement fighters in this chapter. She's also getting oneshotted by any enemy except for maybe mercenaries, which are more likely to hit her anyway. She is even worse at taking hits than Chad is, and when he can't survive the regular Wyvern Lord SL to the face, there's a problem. She isn't even a dodgetank like Clarine, though she will probably be your best avoid thief. However, maybe I'm being too harsh on her? Maybe she's just meant to be used for, you know, THIEF purposes?

Well, no. You have two other thieves, access to chest keys, and an unlimited supply of Door Keys if you want to give your thieves more time. There should be no reason for to use Cath at any point in the game, simply because the other options are easier to get (in fact, you don't even need to go to the trouble of recruiting the others in the first place), and more rewarding for that matter. I'd say she's the third most useless unit in the game, but if it weren't for her thief utility, she would probably BE the worst. Her biggest contribution in any run is probably the fact that she provides you with free lockpicks.

swRAm6r.png
One second later

Nc4UsNX.png

Ein wanted to die an awesome death at the hand... er, blade of the Wyrmslayer. Instead, he got an embarrassing death at the hands of the 1 range lock.

TI3ayOw.png

Assuming I don't bother levelling Lugh to level 20, I'm right on schedule for promoting Lilina and grinding her staff rank, if the second option on the poll is the most popular.

TurULuM.png

I stay behind a bit to get as much experience as possible. Allen will be "leading" the "charge" as earlier. He'll be fine.

xHZQTaz.png

Shin certainly benefited from it. Allen is 1 EXP shy of a level up, so he'll be levelling up soon as well.

1XPSUPQ.pngp2SkEMh.png

I think that's all the EXP I can squeeze out of this chapter before shit goes down. Time to get out of here!

V6His0c.pngHhNxjVL.png

Even the totally-not-the-Etruian-prince bard is tired of the bandits at this point. I guess the guys at IntSys actually somehow knew what they were creating.

9UTV49u.png0TdqJcj.png

Next time, we enter a cave that looks like a cave!

[spoiler=Graveyard]

Two more units promote this chapter!

Hint: Both are in my main team at the moment..

[spoiler=Ch 12x: Stereotypical Horror Movie Psychopath]

x0mSRSF.png

For once, the group you can bring is severely limited. If you like to use a dancer or at least one healer, you only have five free slots, one of which you'd want to give to your thief. Chest Keys are available at this point, but you're pretty much guaranteed to get the "--- was pilfered" message at least once, and you can't steal without a thief. Generally, the thieves make off with the Antitoxins and a couple Elixirs, but if you're low on healing items you'll probably want the latter anyway. Even Allen and Lance have trouble justifying their presence here, especially together.

Oh, and yeah, I am promoting Lilina this chapter. Saul will still probably be around for Chapter 13, but unless everyone thinks it's a good idea to promote him anyway, he'll be getting benched after that.

uTBIB33.png

The formation. I'm not going to bother showing off the map this time around, it's basically The Berserker v0.8 in terms of design.

4iUzRaP.pngwYZuFiu.pngQUGtmnc.pngUyC6yuQ.png2Fvt1R0.pngVsS2PPe.pngLjD1jpF.png

Oh, and I (finally!) unlocked the augury! So far, I'm doing fairly well, except for Tactics and Survival. I'm fairly surprised Tactics is even "fine", because I took 20-30 turns clearing some of the earlier chapters and I stalled a bit in 11A to give Rutger, Gonzales and Saul some levels. I know it is a lenient area in general, but I didn't think it'd be this forgiving. I don't particularly like Survival as a rank because it's not going to have an effect if you're not playing in an Iron Man style, and there's no way to recover your rank if someone DOES bite the dust and you have to save the file.

1XEzf6b.png

This chapter's boss is the stereotypical horror movie psychopath.

eRITIp3.png

Let's begin by attacking this brigand, shall we?

frJZIe8.png

...On second thought, let's not.

Kus7gfb.png

Allen instead kills a man and gets a thoroughly mediocre level for it.

yZs4Ft1.png

I knew that Dieck was in range of the shaman, but the latter had no chance of killing him and there were no other enemies nearby.

J4Ti67S.png

According to his page, this Roy is only slightly above average, but he seems to be pretty helpful anyway.

CanZflS.pngULif1dW.pngGImW2vP.png

Ow! OW!

zUuSz6A.png

Thanks for your time, now get out.
noSPYz0.png

Rutger, what kind of swordmaster gains strength but not speed?

(I'm actually fine with this level, but I'd prefer it if he does go to the trouble of capping speed.)

qAQK62L.png

Also, dancer level.

TQKUqgq.png

To be honest, even though they are axe users, not sending a backup fighter was a really bad move on my part.

mVOd8TI.png
And Asshole's level is a dick move on his part.

g9d13Sn.png

Allen got a Chest Key from the chest! Hooray for logic!

leU6S8t.png

That's better. Keep it up.

GgF2ZNR.png

It's common in this level, but it's still an elixir, so I'm not complaining.

ZMZqts8.png7baSHES.pngaCoAjbN.png

Holy shit, look at all those stealables...

fhihjPV.png

Dieck becoming even more of a powerhouse.

nGduOuL.png

A free torch in case you neglected to buy one in Chapter 9.

Yua7OM1.pngIah5d8m.png

What a lovely guy.

aYdhMcV.pngy72ku1e.png
They're nice to have, at least. Better safe than sorry.

2ICVp6a.png

The mugging continues...

Pc1OAG3.png

No, really, I have quite enough. I won't need any more Lockpicks. I've had enough to last the game since Chapter 8. I DON'T NEED ANY MORE.

IRN8SCK.pngjAHAVCL.pngfo0WfTD.png

Seriously, IntSys? The first one wasn't enough?

HFRD22U.png

the joy of empty levels

is4dZWp.png

It's useless wherever you are in the game, really.

xT9BnO4.pngEC3L9P0.pngOOj72C3.png

He's almost literally a copy-paste of Scott. He's dealt with in the same way.

rdHsz2v.png

Hahahahahaha...

qc6sQ0Q.png

fantastic

7WFhejw.png

Another antitoxin, because poison weapons are common and deadly!

H8SopJ1.png

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

IEjldsl.png

These odds look slightly better overall.

1baqxqt.pngoxPtXAG.png

Rutger does have better odds against this boss, but he has to fight from 1-range, and he still has a very slim chance of being critted to death, so I went with Lilina instead. She needed the EXP anyway.

7Tp3zkC.pngHeXS9CM.png

The berserked berserker.

HKwmmnr.png

Sigh...

xVUp6zI.png

...That's actually pretty good. On a side note, it's promotion time!

rUrWomh.pngJgEVnXD.png

Lilina, the magical nuke. As for Lugh, he doesn't really have anything to offer at this point, and he has consisently gotten bad levels, so he'll probably end up warming the bench soon enough.

INRKD7H.png

No, I didn't expect a huge improvement, but you've got to start somewhere.

tdrQFrr.png

She sure knows when to unleash the crits, though.

Pd3etTX.pngeAcRddT.pngGaFFSjK.png

My favourite divine weapon that I may end up not using, depending on whether or not Gonzales promotes, which is just a "maybe" at this point.

lyL0x51.pngrKMWJy5.png

See you next time with one of the most chaotic chapters in the game!

[spoiler=Graveyard]

Edited by Myrmidon Jim