Who did Male Corrin marry?

aire99

The parent's looks transfer over to their child no? The question is, who married Male Corrin canonically.

I mostly play as Male Corrin, and I pay attention to the conversations, especially S ranks. I compared Kana to some of the female characters that can marry to Corrin. I believe that the most accurate one is terms of physical appearance is Anna. Like, seriously, they (in my eyes, or it must be only me) look extremely similar, considering they both have (almost) the same eyes, similar face shape, and both tie their hairs in a similar fashion.

Story wise, I believe Felicia because Corrin did say something about loving her ever since he saw her at the castle. Azura x Corrin?...Imo, it's a big stretch but back in the days, it's common for cousins to marry no?

What do you guys think who Corrin married canonically?

For m!Corrin, I suppose I'd go with Felicia, Azura, or Camilla.

It's essentially just a personal interpretation thing (like... personally, I immediately knocked off any girl that didn't have a story/backstory connection with him as a 'less canon' pick) though, as IS has definitely been very careful about not locking either Corrin in to a particular pairing.

Edit: Personally, I paired him with Charlotte because I liked the support, fwiw... but yeah, I wouldn't say that one felt like the path his character would've gone down if this had been a book and not a choose your own adventure.

Edited by blinkingbrave

In Fates, I really that their isn't a canon pairing, all pairings are on equal footing, they learnt from their mistakes with Awakening. I feel Azura is the closet when it comes to male Corrin.

I marry my male Corrin to Charlotte as well, I like their dynamic.

In an ideal world, Arthur x Azura would be considered canon.

Is anybody else a big "no-no" to the fact he can marry his cousin, let alone that it's one of the closest to canon?

I mean, I'm right with ya there, but that's another topic.

As for the answer to the question, there is deliberately no canon pairing. You're supposed to choose whatever romance route you like for Corrin, or none at all if you'd prefer. Azura and Felicia stick out to me as being the most likely to be chosen if they had to pick a canon love interest for him, but that doesn't really change that there isn't actually any canon lover.

I wouldn't put too much stock in "I loved you since I first saw you" since that happens in several different S-supports for several different characters, perhaps so the romance doesn't feel shoe-horned.

While I agree that there is no strictly defined canon, I'm going to say Azura is the one the devs intended as canon. Three unique support chains and confessions, close and instant friendship in the plot, lots of screentime and Ship Tease together, and apparently she was supposed to have unique supports as Kana's mom before that got cut. There's clear favoritism.

As for the cousins things...values dissonance. Cousin marriage was pretty common in medieval eras, especially among royalty, and it's still legal in Japan now, so they wouldn't have a problem with making a cousin pairing canon.

I mean, I'm right with ya there, but that's another topic.

As for the answer to the question, there is deliberately no canon pairing. You're supposed to choose whatever romance route you like for Corrin, or none at all if you'd prefer. Azura and Felicia stick out to me as being the most likely to be chosen if they had to pick a canon love interest for him, but that doesn't really change that there isn't actually any canon lover.

Well yeah, I guess.

For azura's case, I would say no, even though they have a really deep relationship with one another. Through all the scenes, they act like friends. I married her in the Conquest path and Corrin and Azura STILL ACTED LIKE THEY WERE FRIENDS. In Awakening, it's a different story when Lucina and Robin are already married.

It's rather that Azura isn't meant for Corrin OR they forgot to bring it into the scenes.

Anyways, back to what you said, yeah there isn't really a canon relationship unfortunately. Why would Nintendo do dis ;..(

Anyways, back to what you said, yeah there isn't really a canon relationship unfortunately. Why would Nintendo do dis ;..(

Well, it's probably to keep the fans from being salty that their waifu isn't the canon marriage choice. Or at least something along those lines.

Well yeah, I guess.

For azura's case, I would say no, even though they have a really deep relationship with one another. Through all the scenes, they act like friends. I married her in the Conquest path and Corrin and Azura STILL ACTED LIKE THEY WERE FRIENDS. In Awakening, it's a different story when Lucina and Robin are already married.

It's rather that Azura isn't meant for Corrin OR they forgot to bring it into the scenes.

For Azura, I can only assume the devs were lazy or they couldn't be arsed. I mean, Robin gets different scenes with Lucina in chapter 21 if you married her or Chrom, but no scene changes in Fates.

As for no canon relationship, it's because good storytelling in that regard has been sacrificed at the altar of shipping. Can you imagine the shitstorm that would ensue if the player avatar was given a canonical love interest? Not only would the people who have different waifus get angsty, but IntSys/NoA would be torn to shreds on Tumblr and other sites if it was a hetero relationship.

Edited by Phillius

Well yeah, I guess.

I'm gonna have to disagree with that. The dialogue works fairly well whether they were married or not, but it still leans romantic. Especially in the JPN version:

Kamui (Birthright endgame): It feels like part of me died when you did...

Something a man would say about his dead wife...but also something that hints at romantic feelings. Then even in the ENG version, you get things like "I couldn't stop thinking about seeing you again", "Did I make you uncomfortable? I just feel really close to you", "I want to tell you how much you mean to me", and while none of that is changed like the Lucina scenes in Awakening, they're definitely not something you say to a completely platonic friend.

And that's still not factoring in how IntSys went out of there way to give her, and her alone, unique supports and confessions when they didn't have to.

Not only would the people who have different waifus get angsty, but IntSys/NoA would be torn to shreds on Tumblr and other sites if it was a hetero relationship.

Let's be real, Tumblr is going to rip apart any company that dares to not canonize a homosexual relationship.

I'm gonna have to disagree with that. The dialogue works fairly well whether they were married or not, but it still leans romantic. Especially in the JPN version:

Kamui (Birthright endgame): It feels like part of me died when you did...

Something a man would say about his dead wife...but also something that hints at romantic feelings. Then even in the ENG version, you get things like "I couldn't stop thinking about seeing you again", "Did I make you uncomfortable? I just feel really close to you", "I want to tell you how much you mean to me", and while none of that is changed like the Lucina scenes in Awakening, they're definitely not something you say to a completely platonic friend.

And that's still not factoring in how IntSys went out of there way to give her, and her alone, unique supports and confessions when they didn't have to.

Yeah, Azura is about as close to a canon love interest as an Avatar is ever likely to get in a Fire Emblem game. Unless it's increasing exponentially with each game that is. From Kris/Katarina to Chrom/Robin to Azura/Corrin, I bet $5 the two leads in the next Fire Emblem will be childhood best friends since they were two years old who share a bed and practice kissing with each other.

Let's be real, Tumblr is going to rip apart any company that dares to not canonize a homosexual relationship.

Or any relationship for that matter. I know Tumblr is an outlier when it comes to fandom awfulness, but the whole shipping thing is completely out of control on that website. Looking at you SU fandom.

I bet $5 the two leads in the next Fire Emblem will be childhood best friends since they were two years old who share a bed and practice kissing with each other.

If this happens, I'll pay you $20.

Hold me to this.

dont

It's kinda hard to pin down one person for Corrin.

The closest is Azura, but even then they don't have a lot of "romantic" moments.

Not only would the people who have different waifus get angsty, but IntSys/NoA would be torn to shreds on Tumblr and other sites if it was a hetero relationship.

And here I thought I was only one who thought that!

I'm kinda relieved to see people sharing my opinion.

And here I thought I was only one who thought that!

I'm kinda relieved to see people sharing my opinion.

It's not that rare of an opinion, although I find that shipping 'culture' can be pretty toxic regardless of where you find it, it's just made worse by Tumblr's other flaws.

And by that I mean F!Corrin and Azura.

Yeah, I've noticed that F!Corrin x Azura is more common on Tumblr and Ao3 while M!Corrin x Azura is more popular on FF.Net, Pixiv and Deviantart.

It's not that rare of an opinion, although I find that shipping 'culture' can be pretty toxic regardless of where you find it, it's just made worse by Tumblr's other flaws.

Yeah, I've noticed that F!Corrin x Azura is more common on Tumblr and Ao3 while M!Corrin x Azura is more popular on FF.Net, Pixiv and Deviantart.

Well, that's not strictly true. Fem!Corrin x Azura is more common on those sites, but there's a fair amount of M!Corrin x Azura there too, while you pretty much never see Fem!Corrin x Azura off those sites. So while there's more for it on there, it pretty much exists only there, whereas M!Corrin x Azura is found in a lot of places.

Well, that's not strictly true. Fem!Corrin x Azura is more common on those sites, but there's a fair amount of M!Corrin x Azura there too, while you pretty much never see Fem!Corrin x Azura off those sites. So while there's more for it on there, it pretty much exists only there, whereas M!Corrin x Azura is found in a lot of places.

Looks like actually being able to S-Rank makes a different.

That was mean, I'm sorry. Not.

Maybe I should make a thread detailing the tiers of canon pairings...

Anyway, the 'proper' answer is that male Corrin married whoever you wanted him to marry. There is no canon pairing for him, or anyone for that matter.

But there's also Azura. Unlike his other prospect spouses, she forms a strong bond with Corrin outside supports and gets special privileges that no one else has (such as the aforementioned three different supports). Therefore, it makes the most sense for him to marry her storywise, though this still doesn't really make her his 'canon' spouse. But since Corrin was originally a fixed character and not a player avatar (well, probably), maybe Azura was created with the idea of being his love interest in mind?

Yeah, Azura is about as close to a canon love interest as an Avatar is ever likely to get in a Fire Emblem game. Unless it's increasing exponentially with each game that is. From Kris/Katarina to Chrom/Robin to Azura/Corrin,

Ordinarily I would say that Chrom/Robin is pretty canon, but Sumia exists, so...

I bet $5 the two leads in the next Fire Emblem will be childhood best friends since they were two years old who share a bed and practice kissing with each other.

Is it strange that I wouldn't mind this?

Mildly on topic, but besides being more acceptable in Japan, cousin marriage is actually legal in most of the world.

Edited by Lightchao42

But since Corrin was originally a fixed character and not a player avatar (well, probably), maybe Azura was created with the idea of being his love interest in mind?

I believe this is true, or at least heavily implied, in The Making of Fire Emblem, since everything about the Fates drafts has him drawn, set and referred to as a male, with no mention of female. So it would seem he was originally supposed to be a non-customizable lord like Marth (seriously, I will resent that change to Avatar forever, it's almost certainly what screwed over the rest of the plot), in which case Azura is the big candidate for main love interest. Heck, she still is.

Meh, I'd be surprised if Corrin ever had a canon love interest even if he was a fixed character. It's not exactly some new avatar specific phenomenon that a main character lacks a canon pairing or anything, even if there's ship teasing. And it's not really something to pin on Tumblr or whatever else related to the newer fanbase either seeing as they weren't really around for Eliwood/Ninian, Roy/Lilina, Seth/Eirika, Leif/Nanna, Chrom/Sumia, and all of the other big candidate non-canon pairings.

I'd also be surprised if Azura wasn't intended as a pushed pairing if Corrin was fixed because she's still forced down your throat now, but FE's started moving away from canon pairings since FE4. It would be more out of character for FE if she was a canon romance.

Edited by blinkingbrave

The fact that they cop out spoiler reasons for sibling marriages is in fact showing that they don't want to step on anyone's husbando/waifu toes even if there are main character screen time bias.

The biggest question would be if Kamui has a maid fetish.

Edited by shadowofchaos

In regards to the op, Faisal feature don't always matter. The girl I used to like if she cut her hair, and fixed it like her mothers, she would look like a younger her. However the girl I currently like, looks nothing like either of her parents.

Hmm... if going by support growths, male avatar's "canon" options are Azura, Felicia, Hinoka, Sakura, Camilla, and Elise. Of course, Felicia and especially Azura can be seen as having a significant lead due to story bias (Azura showing up in lots of story scenes as a fellow protagonist and Felicia having her share of lines and the fact that she sticks with the male avatar for much of the story).

Hmm... if going by support growths, male avatar's "canon" options are Azura, Felicia, Hinoka, Sakura, Camilla, and Elise. Of course, Felicia and especially Azura can be seen as having a significant lead due to story bias (Azura showing up in lots of story scenes as a fellow protagonist and Felicia having her share of lines and the fact that she sticks with the male avatar for much of the story).

I'm not sure how much stock I'd put into support growths this time. In Awakening it was an indication of ship bias, but here it just seems to imply characters have a close relationship among each other--(almost) all the royals have fast growth with their siblings and retainers, and I certainly wouldn't call something like Xander/Elise romantic.

Though then again it could still be seen as pushing Azura, since she's not Corrin's sibling or retainer yet still has a fast support growth

Who says that he married anyone at all? Unlike Chrom, who is forced to be married to someone if you didn't get him an S-support manually, Corrin can go through the entire game without a spouse. It's more likely that "canonically" neither Corrin married anyone at all.