Dota 2 - The International 2016

Thane

Hello everyone.

I'm a pretty big Dota 2 fan; I like playing it from time to time and I love watching it. For those of you who don't know, Dota 2 is a free to play MOBA game where ten people, in two teams of five, each pick one out of the 111 heroes with the objective of destroying the enemy "Ancient". Since every hero is unique and has a special playstyle that can use the terrain, items or counter other heroes in many different ways, there are countless strategies to employ in the game.

The International is, essentially, the world cup of Dota, where all the best teams of the world gather in Seattle to play against each other. It's also the biggest tournament in E-sports in terms of the prizepool, and it is, as of writing this, up at 20 million dollars.

Anyway, I just made this thread in case someone here enjoyed watching Dota; it's not as big as League of Legends, so I don't know how many people here play the game. Regardless, I'm looking forward to the main event that starts today.

Alliance is back.

I hope Tobiwan spouts more memeable lines like he did in Evil Geniuses vs. CDEC. That dunk was amazing.

Wait, I don't think I saw that game, what did he say this time? I'm still laughing at the "DING DING DING MOTHERFUCKER!" in Evil Geniuses vs. Alliance. That game was absolutely phenomenal.

"In from universe! IT'S A DISASTAH!"What made this line great was the fact his voice cracked while he was saying it.

Ooh, you mean at last year's TI, I got ya. Yeah that was amazing. I hope we get to see more such moments, and we've already had the ding ding ding one.

Well this TI had its share of surprises. OG not winning one series on the main stage was pretty unexpected and Liquid starting in the lower bracket before eventually only reaching a 5-6th place wasn't what people expected of them Then there's teams like TnC, MVP, DC and even Wings to some extent who surprised a lot of people with how well they played. EG is also in a surprisingly good form after months of sub-par performances. That game 1 vs Ehome was insane. From what I've seen so far, I wouldn't be surprised if the Grand Final is a repeat of the Upper Bracket finals between Wings and EG.