Favorite to Least-Favorite Lords

Magical Glace

It's been a while since we've had a topic like this.

For me, though I will only go into detail on my top three:

Favorite:

Roy - Tied with Micaiah for my favorite. I like his relationship with Wolt a ton, favorite male-lord design. His supports make a point that he recognizes how important his duties are, even though his feelings about them is what you'd expect of a fifteen-year-old thrust into a very important position.

Micaiah - the other favorite. Best female design (she's GORGEOUS), and is probably the only lord played as grey, at least in Part III. Her actions are criticized, and she uses questionable tactics. It's really a shame Part IV shoves her aside to such an extent.

Eirika - Just below Roy and Micaiah on my favorite FE characters list, I like that her errors had consequences. She was naive, and the game knows it, and this naivety ultimately bites her when she hands the Renais stone to Lyon in hopes of saving him. After that point, she learns and comes to terms with the fact the Lyon she knew no longer exists.

Coolio:

Eliwood

Ephraim

Leif

Seliph

Marth

Celica

Exists:

Lucina

Hector

Lyn

Sigurd

Alm

Don't particularly like, but at least they aren't insulting:

Ike

Chrom

Insulting:

Robin

Corrin

Edited by Glaceon Mage

I was wondering when I'd see a thread like this. I'd already made a lord-related topic fairly recently, so I wasn't going to make another. :P

I Absolutely LOVE Him Tier <3

Ike - One of my favorite video game characters of all time, there's nothing I don't love about this guy! His personality is awesome, he's a badass, I love his character development in PoR, and man he got HOT in RD *drools* So glad he's in Smash and there to stay! x3 THANK YOU SAKURAI!

Cool Tier

Ephraim

Sigurd

Corrin

Eliwood

No Opinion Tier

Alm

Celica

Seliph

Leif

Roy

Eh Tier

Hector

Robin

Marth

Don't really Like Tier

Lyn

Eirika

I Hate Them Tier

Chrom

Micaiah

Lucina

Edited by Anacybele

my favorite is eliwood because he's nice

then chrom who i don't like as a character i just like matt mercer

after that all the rest except i guess corn who i probably like less than the others

maybe roy'd be a little lower than most of them too aside from corn

Edited by unique

Asgard Tier:

Hector for being a bamf and just too cool for color tv.

Eirika for being really cute and growing as a character. Eirika Route for life.

Midgard Tier:

Eliwood for being coolheaded and stuff. (but a bit uninteresting.)

Micaiah for being interesting. But sadly lacks any real character growth.

Ike for being a meathead, but a loveable one. Shame about lack of growth in RD.

Marth for being Murth and the First Guy. (even if i didnt like his game that much)

Nifelheim Tier:

Lyn for being....well she kinda just stops mattering after her own arc. :(

Ephraim for boring me a little.

Roy for not being good on any of my runs.

Lucina for not garnering a game over if she dies/KOs. Like wtf, fe13?

Robin for chapter 14 of Awakening and that bad moment where they had a plan but the audience didnt know it and it came out like a total asspull.

Nastrond Tier: (AKA Nidhoggr's sweaty ball sack tier)

Chrom, shame on you for wanting to emulate your shit sibling. SHAME! *ring ring* SHAME! *ring ring*

Corrin for hogging the entire spotlight and being disappointing in the Cool Kids Route. Seriously....Corn, youre a child.

I Dont Really Know These Guys Tier:

Alm for the fact i never played his game.

Celica for the same reason.

Sigurd for despite hearing what a cool dude he is, i didnt get past chapter 2 in his game.

Seliph for...never really meeting him in his game.

Leif for...i dont really know this guy.

1. Ike

Yeah, I'm an Ike "fanboy". I really like his character development (I can argue it's the best in the whole FE series) and personality, and he's one of the best Lords gameplay-wise. The only bad thing about him imo is his ending on FE10, where he goes from "I fight for my friends. I'll carry on my father's legacy" to Goku's level of "abandon everyone and find strong opponents and become stronger!!!!!" generic shounen hero stuff.

2. Hector

It's been a long time since I've played FE7, and I don't remember that many specific things about the game, but Hector's growth during the game and acceptance of his responsibilities (especially after you go and play FE6, where he becomes the much more mature leader of the Lycian League) were cool points. He retains the eccentric bits of his personality while growing a spine and stepping up to become the figure his brother always wanted him to become. I also like his brashness and he's funny.

3. Leaf

I've only watched a LP of Thracia, but I do recall his story in FE4 and 5 and I think it's one of the best in the series. It's admirable how he fled from the Empire for all his years only to retalliate when he couldn't bear living his life running from those who took Lenster, eventually taking it back even while being outmatched. I'd upvote him, but his story doesn't really make him a much better character (he's an immature kid who looks up to Seliph in FE4 and he's a dependant immature kid on FE5), so...

4. Micaiah

If only for Part 3. Doing what seems right while being seen by everyone as either a savior who understands your burden or a merciless enemy by those who she needed to fight against, despite doing it against her will, is something I really like. The psychological and physical toll on her made her struggle even more evident, and that becomes even worse should the player convince some of her soldiers to turn cloak and abandon her cause. It'd have been better for the moral issue if the Blood Pact didn't exist, though, and another motive convinced Micaiah to do what she did in Part 3.

too lazy to write the others, so w/e

- Like: Eliwood, Roy, Sigurd, Seliph, Lucina (should've been a main lord in a DLC map bundle or had her own arc to substitute the clusterfucks happening on Awakening).

- Ok tier: Eirika, Lyn (because she becomes useless after her arc), Corrin, Robin (if she counts as one)

- Lame tier: Chrom, Ephraim (he should've been Theon Greyjoy'd by Walter for thinking it was a great plan to take a castle you can't hold and still for some reason be praised later for his genius bs plan, but plot armor saved him), Marth (actually, between ok and lame, since he's not exactly bad and he's got some few good moments. He's just boring)

Edited by Rapier

God(dess) Tier

Eirika

Top Tier(EPIC!!!)

Hector

Roy

Leif

Chrom

High Tier (Hey, that's pretty cool!)

Marth

Ike

Alm

Mid Tier (Neutral.)

Eliwood

Lucina

Corrin

Low Tier (Not a huge fan of these guys.)

Sigurd

Seliph

Lyn

Micaiah

Bottom Tier (Don't really like them.)

Ephraim

Celica

Kris

Scumbag Tier

Robin

Oh yeah, Ike's ending in RD is actually something I hated for the same reason, Rapier. I mean, I'm cool with Fates Ike (that's where the "get stronger!" stuff comes from as far as I know), but still.

Really enjoy tier:

Hector- He has been one of the most useful lords in any playthrough I've had of FE7

Ephraim- Basically Hector but with a weapon I like a little bit less

Roy- Biased.

Sure, why not tier

Ike- You are pretty dang awesome, and PoR is certainly a game to have you in. Such a shame that RD exist.

Marth- The classic Lord. Can't go wrong with him.

Sigurd- The almighty Sigurd! But I don't like horses all that much.

Seliph- You do your job greatly, therefore I like you.

Okay tier

Leif- Can't quite remember a lot about this guy, but he did his job.

Alm- You do your job, that's all I need.

Eirika- I wanna like you more... but why did you gave the stone to Leo again?

Eliwood- He's alright

Celica- Cool concept, decent unit.

If I have to... tier

Micaiah- Lacks some interesting growth

Robin- You are a good unit, but you certainly are bland

Lucina- Why we don't get a game over when you die is something I'll never understand

Chrom- Eh.

Kris- Eh.

No.

Corrin- A Mary Sue that has zero personality aside from being an idiot. At least he's useful.

Lyn- Lyn, Lyn, Lyn... I hate you so much. First of all, why are you a Lord? You are extremely irrelevant, I could literally take you out of the entire plot and nothing would change. Aside from that, she's an extremely bland character with little to no personality. As a unit, she's a worse Swordmaster that...can use bows... yay?...

But by far, what makes me despise Lyn more than anything else, is that her entire story is a damn tutorial! A ten chapter long tutorial! And it's so painfully slow! She seriously drowned my interest for FE7 as a whole. I can't stand her.

Oh yeah, Ike's ending in RD is actually something I hated for the same reason, Rapier. I mean, I'm cool with Fates Ike (that's where the "get stronger!" stuff comes from as far as I know), but still.

I don't mind him going about getting stronger...

not that he needed to leave everyone behind to do that since Tellius is a huge continent and ffs there are dragon laguz if he wants to get suicidal, but still

I mind him leaving his friends to go to who-knows-where, never returning to see them again or stay on touch if the GMs and Crimea needed him again for some reason (other continents means Walhart wannabes could show up? I guess. And Telius was on a delicate state after the Ashera business), and having that generic shounen protagonist end which goes against his established motive of honoring his father's legacy.

Edited by Rapier

My opinion based mostly on my general impressions.

Top Tier: The Lords I enjoyed on all fronts, and I felt their actions truly caused an impact on the plot.

- Leif

- Micaiah

High Tier: I don't like them as much as the guys above, but still pretty cool in my book.

- Sigurd

- Roy

- Marth (FE1/3/11)

- Chrom

- Hector

- Lucina

Upper Mid Tier: Still enjoyable characters overall, despite their flaws.

- Ephraim

- Corrin (Birthright)

- Eirika

- Ike (FE9)

- Robin

- Corrin (Revelation)

Middle Tier: Here's where things get a bit ugly. However, I can still handle these guys and they don't bother me much, but they don't impress me much either.

- Corrin (Conquest)

- Eliwood

- Seliph

Why Are You Even Here Tier: One is completely forgotten after her story (that is even optional on a second playthrough), the other has his spotlight completely retconned by an Avatar.

- Lyn

- Marth (FE12)

Might as Well Not Exist Tier: Damn, this character is just so shoehorned into the game it's not even funny. Zero character development and nothing interesting to tell. Why wasn't FE10 focused entirely on Parts 1 & 2 I'll never know.

- Ike (FE10)

Kris Tier: I hate this character on concept and everything he represents. He essentially takes FE3's perfectly fine plot and shits all over it.

- Kris

I don't mind him going about getting stronger...

not that he needed to leave everyone behind to do that since Tellius is a huge continent and ffs there are dragon laguz if he wants to get suicidal, but still

I mind him leaving his friends to go to who-knows-where, never returning to see them again or stay on touch if the GMs and Crimea needed him again for some reason (other continents means Walhart wannabes could show up? I guess. And Telius was on a delicate state after the Ashera business), and having that generic shounen protagonist end which goes against his established motive of honoring his father's legacy.

Well, Ike's ending did say that he left when "he saw stability returned" but who knows if Ike merely THOUGHT stability had returned when it really didn't or if that stability turned into instability over time, so I totally agree with you here. I also thought it was BS that he didn't get at least a platonic ending with Elincia. They're the main characters and spent arguably more than a game and a half together and had a nice support in PoR. Surely that can lead to SOMETHING, even if it's as simple as Ike visiting her sometimes and vowing to always drop everything he's doing to rush to her aid when she needed him.

Edited by Anacybele

S Rank tier:

-Ike

-Hector

-Sigurd

A Rank tier:

-Lyn

Lucina

Marth

Eliwood

B Rank tier:

-Alm

-Celica

-Robin

C Rank tier:

-Eprahim

-Chrom

-Roy

D Rank Tier:

-Eirika

-Seliph

Haven't played tier:

-Leif

-Corrin

Should die a slow and painful death tier:

-Kris

-Micaiah

Favorite

Micaiah: mage bias, silver hair, everything on her is perfect to me. She defies the heroic notion of Ike with such determination that I love her.

Sigurd: he's a badass, and man, dying in such a way. Chapter 5 broke me in pieces. And him marrying Deirdre is great.

Lyn: the connection I got with her during the FE7 tutorial was huge. I don't care whether she has or not a big impact on the story, but there's that, and I love her crits!

Eliwood

Ike

Hector

Eirika

Ephraim

Roy

Marth

Lucina

Chrom

Robin

Corrin

No opinion: Alm, Celica, Leaf.

Edited by Quintessence

Only showing reasons for my top three

Awesome Tier

Ike - I think he's the best main character to come out of FE so far. He doesn't start as a lord initially, so there's more character development. And the way he deals with the relations between the Laguz is great!

Hector - He's just awesome. Nuff said.

Owain (If he counts) - I can see a lot of myself in Owain, so I can connect with him personally. He's related to Lissa and Chrom, so he's as much a "lord" as Lucina, right?

Cool Tier

Roy

Ephraim

Lyndis

Eliwood

Chrom

Eh Tier

Robin

Eirika

Marth

Lucina

Bad Tier

Corrin

Don't-Know-Well-Enough Tier

Alm

Celicia

Sigurd

Seliph

Leif

Micaiah

Kris

Best Tier

1.Sigurd: This guy is just pure awesome and I loved his story and how he fell for Diadora. He is also the only lord who started not only with a handy mount but could also fend for himself I could send the guy out to battle just about anything and he would always emerge fine.

2.Marth (FE3): What can I say Marth is one of my favorite lords ever I remember when I first saw him in SSBM and how awesome he was to use in that game. Anyway in FE3 I liked him more so in book 2 as he was another lord that could fend for himself and make it out of most everything alive just like Sigurd but to a less extent heh I still had to be careful with him at times. His personality is also great Marth will always have a special place for me as he is where it all started it.

Alright Tier

Hector

Roy

Alm

Ephraim

Celica

So, So Tier

Lyn

Eirika

Rock Bottom Tier

Eliwood

Leaf

I'll go strictly by personality here, since gameplay is a lot different, and I generally prefer well written characters over the "best" by gameplay standards. I'll leave out the games I haven't played. So only FE6 onwards.

Favorite Tier:

Micaiah: As mentioned, she's a well written gray character. I wish she got more focus in RD.

Ike: I love him in PoR, he's a bit boring in RD, but he had already had most of his development already, so he earned it to an extent.

Like Tier:

Hector: He's a bit more abrasive and he's the most personality of the 3 FE7 lords.

Lyn: I'm biased, since she was my first lord, so I like her, but I understand if people don't like her

Lucina: She's my Awakening daughter, so she gets some points there, but I hear she's a bitch to you if you're not her mom. Is that why you hate her, Ana?

Okay Tier:

Roy: He's okay, but a bit boring, maybe it was the translation I used. Sorry Glac. :_(

Eliwood: Pretty much the same issues as his son, he's just so milquetoast.

Eirika: I like her more of the two twins, she has flaws and develops more.

Chrom: He suffers a bit, being overshadowed in his own game.

Corrin Tier:

Corrin: I don't hate Corrin, I mostly blame Fates writing. And I like Conquests Corrin the most of the three.

Meh Tier:

Marth: He's just so bland, in Shadow Dragon, at least

Ephraim: He's a good unit, but he's the Mary Sueist lord in the series. Why is he trying to take a castle with only 4 soldiers, including himself? Even Leonidas didn't have that much balls.

I don't really hate any of the lords, but somebody's got to be at the bottom of the list.

Does Robin count as a lord?

Yes tier

FE 9 Ike

FE 11 Marth

Eliwood

Celica

Alm

Hector

Sigurd

Passable tier

FE 12 Marth

Lucina

Roy

Robin

Micaiah

Ehhhhhh tier

Lyndis

Chrom

Birthright Corrin

FE 10 Ike

Eirika

No tier

Kris

Conquest Corrin

Ephraim

Revelation Corrin

Don't really have an opinion on Leif or Seliph as of yet

Edited by DarkDestr0yer61

This is actually gonna be hard, but .

Gold Tier

Eirika

Her design and personality just grew on me so much. She's just so kind and she's just hard to be angry with. She's not the best as a unit, but I can bypass that when she's such a lovely character. Even though she give Lyon the Sacred Stone... that was dumb.

Hector

He has his moments as a character, but not a lot. The main reason why I like him is... he's a badass unit. One of the best of in FE history. Not to mention that he made me love axe units and appreciate them more.

Silver Tier

Lyn

Story wise, she had really great potential, being a native and finding out that you're Royalty. I like her personality and her design, and she's an awesome unit for a beginner, too. Though she's not as good as Hector, she can still outclass Eliwood if she gets lucky. I just wished that she didn't get a back seat for Eliwood, generic lord #51354.

Ephaim

He's awesome and confident, and looks pretty cool too. I like Eirika over him though since he has 'perfect syndrome' and no one can stand up to him, which is kinda boring.

Corrin

Honestly, Corrin gets waaaaay too overhated as a character. People hate Corrin because of how everyone in Fates sees him/her as someone with no faults, which leads to him making bad decisions, but I can't bring myself to hate a character brought down by others. He had... that word... Being someone who was sheltered all his life can lead to interesting scenes, but everyone around him just are just Yes Men that don't call him/her on her mistakes. I also like both default designs. Not gonna bring up his use as a unit, because he's a custom Avatar in a GBA game.

Bronze Tier

Roy

He's kinda meh as a character. Couldn't really get into him. I do like his lord concept, but FE6's decisions could be amazing, or fall flat, and this was the case with Roy. His growths are just too 50/50, meaning that he can be good, supbar, or just plain bad. I don't think that he's the worst lord in FE history, but he's a challenge, to say the least.

Chrom

He's okay design wise, but meh everywhere else. Not a terrible unit, but not really good either. He's also so boring and standard as a character, too. Nothing really made him memorable for me other than his design.

Lucina

I feel the same way about her with Chrom, but Lucina is actually a better unit than Chrom, and I like her design better. She's just as flat as her chest.

Super Bland Tier

Eliwood

Sigh. Eliwood is honestly the blandest of the Lords to me. His design isn't really nothing that stuck to me, tbh, and he doesn't really have a niche to him as unit, and can even turn out borderline useless. As a character, he's also too standard for his own good.

gameplaywise

1. Sigurd
  2. FE9 Ike
  3. Celice
  4. FE10 Ike
  5. Ephraim
  6. Leaf
  7. FE12 Marth
  8. Hector
  9. Eirika
  10. Chrom
  11. Lyn
  12. FE11 Marth
  13. Micaiah
  14. Eliwood
  15. Roy

unranked: avatars, Celica + Alm for not having played FE2

characterwise

1. Leaf
  2. Micaiah
  3. Sigurd
  4. Celice
  5. FE9 Ike
  6. Hector
  7. Eliwood
  8. Lyn
  9. Roy
  10. FE12 Marth
  11. Ephraim
  12. Eirika
  13. FE11 Marth
  14. FE10 Ike
  15. Chrom
  16. all the avatars from FE12-14

unranked: Celica + Alm for not having played FE2

Edited by Ayama Wirdo

This is based on both unit-wise and character wise.

Top Tier:

-Hector for being an amazing character, and (from experience) a decent unit.

-Lucina for being all around very likable.

Mid Tier:

-Marth for being a good character.

-Eliwood for being a likable character, but not the best unit.

-Lyn for being a likable character, a good unit (I like my Myrmidons).

-Chrom for being a decent character and unit. Just nothing special.

Low Tier:

-Roy for being a good character, but literally the worst Lord gameplay-wise.

-Eirika and Ephraim for being really forgettable for me.

Corrin Tier:

-Corrin for being a complete idiot.

I don't know them Tier:

-Alm

-Celica

-Sigurd

-Seliph

-Leif

-Ike

-Micaiah

I don't count Kris or Robin as Lords. If I did, Kris would be Low tier, and Robin would be Mid tier.

Edited by TrueEm