Most Forgettable Royal

Captain Karnage

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hinoka is very forgettable likely due to how she (likely, we don't know for certain) was shoe-horned in to the script. I only really remember her from her dialogue with Corrin if you fight her in Conquest Chapter 11. If we do not take Hinoka into consideration, then warchief-williams's award for most forgettable royal goes to Azura. Seriously. If you bench her or she is killed incapacitated, you won't even notice her absence until she shows up to dump more exposition. And to make matters worse, she's supposed to be that 2nd main character! Corrin's foil! (groan) Anyways, that just my view.

Edited by warchiefwilliams

Hinoka. Taking her out, surprisingly Ryoma. Essentially all the BR siblings excluding Takumi—and, at times, him as well.

And it isn't because I dislike them. It's because people spend so much conversing about the Nohrian siblings—in either a good or bad context—I just sometimes forget there is another royal family that is meant to mirror them.

EDIT: Also Leo. He is my favorite but, because he doesn't have a particularly obvious trait, he fades behind his siblings.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

From what I've heard, Hinoka isn't even in the original script written by Kibayashi, hence she has little plot importance. I've even heard that Kagero was intended to be the older Hoshidan sister but got replaced by Hinoka for that role due to Kozaki's favoritism towards Hinoka and requesting for her to be part of the royal family.

This is somewhat supported by there being a 'Kagero rescue mission' in all three routes despite her only being a retainer and Hinoka really having no notable story role in Birthright or Revelation.

This is somewhat supported by there being a 'Kagero rescue mission' in all three routes despite her only being a retainer and Hinoka really having no notable story role in Birthright or Revelation.

Kagero also has the bust size to rival Camilla's and does appear to be very protective of the avatar in her supports with him (with how she is basically stalking him) not unlike how Camilla is yandere-protective of Corrin. She also has hair that is of a similar color to Mikoto's.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Hinoka's my favourite of the siblings, but I'll admit she has very little impact to the story.

At least the map where you fight her for the last time is awesome.

*EDIT*

In fact, I heard somewhere that Hinoka was added at the final stages of development. Not only that, but I think Kagerou was originally going to be the Hoshidan older sister until someone sketched Hinoka, the developers loved it and made her one of the sibling characters.

Edited by Kevlar

I can't help but wonder if people are exaggerating about Hinoka.

I mean, sure she probably has the least amount of impact of all the siblings, but hardly enough for you to forget her. It's kind of sad to because I think personality-wise, she's one of the better ones.

Hinoka. I literally forgot about her in Revelation despite playing Birthright AND Conquest beforehand. The plot just drops her until Ryoma's return from Cheve. I mean, yeah, it's justified because she was a late addition and Kagero was originally the sister, but every other royal gets SOMETHING. Even the other females, who get left out a lot, have more than her: Azura has her song plot in Birthright and her mom in Revelation, Elise has That Moment in Birthright, Camilla has her pursuit of Corrin in Birthright and Revelation, and Sakura has Fort Jinya in all routes. Hinoka's personality is extremely understated and boring in her supports, too, at least to me, which just makes things worse.

Leaving Hinoka out? Ehhhh...Sakura. I feel bad about it since I actually do like her, but she has the second-least plot involvement and Shy Girl isn't as memorable a personality as the other royals.

Gameplay-wise, Leo. It's just...the other brothers are either a nuke or a mounted wall, Hinoka (for all she's screwed in the plot) and Camilla are great fliers, and the little sisters are pretty sweet once you get them trained up. And if we count Corrin and Azura, then Corrin's Corrin and Azura has refresher utility. Leo's just...what is his role? He's not as good a mage as Elise, not as good a swordsman as Xander, not as good a magic tank as Elise (again), not as good a mage-killer as Hinoka...and his personal weapon is pretty sad, too.

Edited by Abvora

Hinokas definitely up there. She has next to no relevance in any of the storylines. But takumi/sakura are somewhere up there too. These guys don't act all that much like royals, and they don't dress like royals either. Sakura looks like she's from some random clergy, and they said takumi is her brother so I figured "o so this must just be some crazy guy". Ryomas cool though.

I'm giving #1 to Sakura because there is way more controversy regarding Hinoka's creation and lack of presence than there is even discussion about who Sakura is and what her role is in the story. I only remember her because I ran into one really good support with Xander in which both come out of their shells quite naturally. Meanwhile, almost every other damned character discussion has a mini-section on Hinoka. She also gets a respectable amount of screen time in Conquest, has genuinely good artwork, and even a cutscene that I watch every now and then. Quality of writing aside, Conquest does a pretty good job of firmly establishing Hinoka in the Corrin fan club.

Edited by Inference

All of the sisters for not having prf weapons. Anyway, characters I forget in the plot, Hinoka. Characters I forget in my roster, Sakura or Leo. Their roles are covered well enough, or done better by other units. Though on second thought, Sakura gets a little more use in my army thanks to her personal skill.

Personally, I found Elise to be the most forgettable (or at least she's the only one who I actually forget exists sometimes). As badly as Hinoka gets shafted by the narrative of all three games, at least her only major plot contribution isn't dying a pointless death to force a confrontation with Xander in Birthright. Otherwise she's a boring imouto character and isn't even that good as a unit, especially compared to Sakura.

In Conquest, Leo to me didn't have a personality that really stood out. He was mainly just Baby!Xander imho. Poor Siegbert is the least popular second generation child.

In Birthright? People say Hinoka and Sakura, and they're not wrong but the fact Ryoma of all people was forgotten last minute really bothered me significantly.

In Revelations and the whole story in general, it's Lilith.

I honestly wished Azura played less of a role in Birthright since despite what I said, she's an overrated unit to support with. If it wasn't for Shigure and Dwyer, I probably wouldn't use her to be quite honest. Her role in general basically overshadowed the siblings you are supposed to relate to, something that ground my gears in Birthright.

Honestly, I wish I were a better writer in general so I can make a good story where the siblings DO get development. Fates overall is only good for the few charming supports they have.

isn't even that good as a unit, especially compared to Sakura.

u wot m8?

I mean disregarding the fact that she comes with a Freeze staff right out of the box and gets a Rescue Staff like the exact next chapter, she starts off with higher RES, SPD, LCK, and MAG than Sakura, in a 7 MOV class, with higher growth rates in MAG, SPD, LCK, and RES. Meanwhile Sakura is locked to 5-6 MOV Class outside of reclassing and is easily defeated by a stiff breeze.

i think the order of relevance is like this:

1.Corrin

2.Xander/Ryoma

3.Takumi/ Elise

4.Azura (just because she is a plot device)

5.Camilla

6.Leo

7. Sakura/Hinoka

8. Shigure

9. the other royal children

Personally, I found Elise to be the most forgettable (or at least she's the only one who I actually forget exists sometimes). As badly as Hinoka gets shafted by the narrative of all three games, at least her only major plot contribution isn't dying a pointless death to force a confrontation with Xander in Birthright. Otherwise she's a boring imouto character and isn't even that good as a unit, especially compared to Sakura.

Then you realize that Elise is not only the best combat royal, she's also metal as fuck as she rides a dead wyvern wielding thunder and a rockin axe with an uncaring visage raining death upon all who would sully the name of Nhor. Or you suck and never reclass her to wyvern (Sakura is also legit better as a Bolt Naginata user but Elise kinda...shames Camilia, Xander, and Leo, at the same time on CQ route.)

Also Elise's total main plot moments in BR+CQ

Medic rushes into forest of death, no fear

Hi frosty, Yeild to me

Takes 2 to the chest and walks it off

#BlameRyoma

Tiny Girl Climbs Everest

Many bothans died to bring you this rapecave

Zola no Zolaing

Cancled by fox

Seduces Fuga

Inflicts Stockholm syndrome on Sakura

Kills a man in hoshido, just to watch him die

(She shows up or is mentioned in... all of the plot)

Shows up more in Birthright than the entire Hoshidian royal family combined

Scooby Doo's Garons plot.

Buy these flowers.

Bad Camilia rolled up newspaper

First rule of BR 26, don't talk about BR 26

All kidding aside, she gets more screen time than the rest of the non-Corin cast combined. Fates is pretty much Elise emblem and even if you absolutely hate her for some reason, you're still stuck with her. Unless it's rev route, then she has to share. By share I mean hijack the fucking lord spot from Corin on her join chapter.

Edited by joshcja