Most Forgettable Royal

Captain Karnage

Then you realize that Elise is not only the best combat royal, she's also metal as fuck as she rides a dead wyvern wielding thunder and a rockin axe with an uncaring visage raining death upon all who would sully the name of Nhor. Or you suck and never reclass her to wyvern (Sakura is also legit better as a Bolt Naginata user but Elise kinda...shames Camilia, Xander, and Leo, at the same time on CQ route.)

Also Elise's total main plot moments in BR+CQ

Medic rushes into forest of death, no fear

Hi frosty, Yeild to me

Takes 2 to the chest and walks it off

#BlameRyoma

Tiny Girl Climbs Everest

Many bothans died to bring you this rapecave

Zola no Zolaing

Cancled by fox

Seduces Fuga

Inflicts Stockholm syndrome on Sakura

Kills a man in hoshido, just to watch him die

(She shows up or is mentioned in... all of the plot)

Shows up more in Birthright than the entire Hoshidian royal family combined

Scooby Doo's Garons plot.

Buy these flowers.

Bad Camilia rolled up newspaper

First rule of BR 26, don't talk about BR 26

All kidding aside, she gets more screen time than the rest of the non-Corin cast combined. Fates is pretty much Elise emblem and even if you absolutely hate her for some reason, you're still stuck with her. Unless it's rev route, then she has to share. By share I mean hijack the fucking lord spot from Corin on her join chapter.

I think you just made Elise my favorite character in Fates

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

u wot m8?

I mean disregarding the fact that she comes with a Freeze staff right out of the box and gets a Rescue Staff like the exact next chapter, she starts off with higher RES, SPD, LCK, and MAG than Sakura, in a 7 MOV class, with higher growth rates in MAG, SPD, LCK, and RES. Meanwhile Sakura is locked to 5-6 MOV Class outside of reclassing and is easily defeated by a stiff breeze.

Then you realize that Elise is not only the best combat royal, she's also metal as fuck as she rides a dead wyvern wielding thunder and a rockin axe with an uncaring visage raining death upon all who would sully the name of Nhor. Or you suck and never reclass her to wyvern (Sakura is also legit better as a Bolt Naginata user but Elise kinda...shames Camilia, Xander, and Leo, at the same time on CQ route.)

Sorry, but I have to disagree.

Sakura is still the better unit.

Sakura has better stats, can actually take a hit, can be either a physical unit or magic unit, better personal skill.

Elise is the one who dies to a stiff breeze, and actually Sakura makes a better Malig Knight than Elise due to Sakura's balanced growths.

Elise's personal skill is very hard to use due to her being more fragile.

And let's be honest, Elise is, gameplay wise, the worst Royal in Revelations.

I like Elise, but she's very hard to use effectively. Sakura on the othter hand can be a great unit without much effort.

It has to be Hinoka because even in Conquest she doesn't have that much of screentime and the only times she come it's to make you regret joining Nohr by making you feel guilty.

All her quotes are sad like:

“I won't rest until Corrin returns home. I've been training for this day!”

-Hinoka Chapter 6, Fire Emblem Conquest

After being defeated

“How could this happen?! What have I been fighting for all this time...?”

-Hinoka Chapter 6, Fire Emblem Conquest

When you go to find the Rainbow Sage it gets even more depressing especially with Camilla's bullying

Facing Corrin

• Hinoka: Corrin! We meet at last!
  • Corrin: Hinoka...so you're the one who took the Rainbow Sage.
  • Hinoka: You really are fighting for Nohr eh? I had to see it with my own eyes. You know, I spent so many years wishing that I could be near you. Now you're right in front of me, but we couldn't be further apart.
  • Corrin: I'm sorry it had to be this way. I know you wanted me to return to Hoshido and for us to be a family. It kills me to have caused you so much pain. It is a burden I shall always bear. However I... I...
  • Hinoka: I know. You needn't say another word. I also know you won't hold back. I can read your sad eyes like an open book. After all, though we hardly know each other, you're still my little brother/sister.
  • Corrin: Hinoka....
  • Hinoka: If you're that determined to fight, then so be it. Let's see if all that resolve is enough to take down your own sister!
  • Camilla: Heh heh, I finally found you...
  • Hinoka:You! Aren't you Princess Camilla of Nohr?
  • Camilla: I am. And you are Princess Hinoka of Hoshido. Avatar's "real" sister.
  • Hinoka: Yes, I am. All I've wanted for as long as I can remember is to bring him/her home. I still feel the same way. The last thing I want is to fight him/her. Avatar belongs with us! Can't you see that?!
  • Camilla: Oh my, how wrong you are. My sweet brother/sister will never return to you. He/She knows who his/her true family is, and it's not the one she left in Hoshido. He/She chose Nohr. More specifically, he/she chose me over you. Deal with it.
  • Hinoka: You! Y-you'll pay for that!
  • Camilla: Now prepare to beg, Princess. My dear Avatar only needs one big sister! That's why you're the one person I simply can't lose to!

Sakura has better stats, can actually take a hit, can be either a physical unit or magic unit, better personal skill.

Elise is the one who dies to a stiff breeze, and actually Sakura makes a better Malig Knight than Elise due to Sakura's balanced growths.

I like Elise, but she's very hard to use effectively. Sakura on the othter hand can be a great unit without much effort.

"Screams Internally"

So

You've never actually used Elise on a wyvern huh.

Glad you've shared this completely uninformed opinion with us.

Edited by joshcja

Elise is very simple to use: buy a Heart Seal after Ch7, reclass her to Wyvern Rider, buy a Bronze Axe, kill things.

Elise is also automatically better than Sakura because she's actually playable on the only route that actually matters.

So

You've never actually used Elise on a wyvern huh.

Glad you've shared this completely uninformed opinion with us.

I actually did once and Sakura as well and because of Sakura's balanced growths, she could use both Axe and Tome effectively. She didn't rely on the Bolt Axe like Elise.

And Sakura's higher Def growth made her an effective tank,

She didn't rely on the Bolt Axe like Elise.She didn't rely on the Bolt Axe like Elise.She didn't rely on the Bolt Axe like Elise.She didn't rely on the Bolt Axe like Elise.She didn't rely on the Bolt Axe like Elise.She didn't rely on the Bolt Axe like Elise.She didn't rely on the Bolt Axe like Elise.She didn't rely on the Bolt Axe like Elise.She didn't rely on the Bolt Axe like Elise.She didn't rely on the Bolt Axe like Elise.She didn't rely on the Bolt Axe like Elise.She didn't rely on the Bolt Axe like Elise.She didn't rely on the Bolt Axe like Elise.She didn't rely on the Bolt Axe like Elise.She didn't rely on the Bolt Axe like Elise.She didn't rely on the Bolt Axe like Elise.She didn't rely on the Bolt Axe like Elise.She didn't rely on the Bolt Axe like Elise.She didn't rely on the Bolt Axe like Elise.She didn't rely on the Bolt Axe like Elise.She didn't rely on the Bolt Axe like Elise.She didn't rely on the Bolt Axe like Elise.She didn't rely on the Bolt Axe like Elise.She didn't rely on the Bolt Axe like Elise.She didn't rely on the Bolt Axe like Elise.She didn't rely on the Bolt Axe like Elise.She didn't rely on the Bolt Axe like Elise.She didn't rely on the Bolt Axe like Elise.She didn't rely on the Bolt Axe like Elise.She didn't rely on the Bolt Axe like Elise.She didn't rely on the Bolt Axe like Elise.She didn't rely on the Bolt Axe like Elise.

AND WE'RE DONE HERE.

Edited by joshcja

I actually did once and Sakura as well and because of Sakura's balanced growths, she could use both Axe and Tome effectively. She didn't rely on the Bolt Axe like Elise.

yeah i know right, what kind of lame-o wants to use the bolt axe

it only has 1-2 range, hits res, and has more mt than fucking steel with no real drawbacks

AND WE'RE DONE HERE.

I think I'm missing something here.

What makes the Bolt Axe better?

When I said that Sakura didn't rely on the Bolt Axe, I meant that she could reliably deal both physical and magical damage, where Elise could only deal magical damage.

I'm siding with Water Mage on this especially since Sakura mixes it up with having nice growths iall across the board and only needing boosts with the right class growths for anything too specific. Plus in Rev you get her way earlier when you've probably already decided not to care about changing your unit setup unless you have a personal favorite who joins in one of those early chapters.

Plus offensive wyvern is hardly their speciality but least so Elise when I'd prefer some kind of healer when I'm in a pinch and Hoshido Kamui ain't close enough. Or if you go Nohr noble relying someone has to do it.

I'm siding with Water Mage on this especially since Sakura mixes it up with having nice growths iall across the board and only needing boosts with the right class growths for anything too specific. Plus in Rev you get her way earlier when you've probably already decided not to care about changing your unit setup unless you have a personal favorite who joins in one of those early chapters.

Plus offensive wyvern is hardly their speciality but least so Elise when I'd prefer some kind of healer when I'm in a pinch and Hoshido Kamui ain't close enough. Or if you go Nohr noble relying someone has to do it.

It's absolutely not Sakura's specialty, she's more of a falco/sage kinda girl. The nhorian royals on the other hand share a common theme of being locked out of their best class until they consume a heart seal.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TL:DR version right up front for those with reading comprehension issues. Bolt axe build quality is based around who is better at swinging the fucking bolt axe. Not who can tickle ballsacks more efficiently at 1-1 range.

Disclaimer: This is assuming you're either playing CQ or the CQ BR cast hack on Citra. Arguing unit quality in BR/Rev is a waste of time and effort because those games are complete and utter shitshows.

Gonna go out of my way to explain this clearly. In fates, with the notable exclusion of munchkins like Arthur....

All rounder growths work well in spike classes

Spike growths work in all rounder classes

Example: Elise will hit statue boosted and capped internal speed/mag/luck no matter what class she is in and will hit her personal res cap regardless of class. Keeping her in a spike class is a waste so fuck it lets go wyvern and double shit off 33-40 mag with a bolt axe. She needs fixers in hp/skill/def which the wyvern line gives nicely (she bumps her personal caps with 1 dracosheild and a robe) along with her inherent/optimal support chains giving a laundry list of quick splash skills that further improve her performance. (heartseeker/hp+5/Aegis/Def+2/swordbreaker/tomebreaker/dual aura's) That said she manages a fine focused build with just the troubador base + wyvern line skills.

Sakura will not hit internal caps in offstat classes and prefers spike growths in either speed or mag to offset this, her inherent skillset outside of darting blow and tomefaire is absolute booty garbage so she'll often burn both S and A+ support lines digging around for skills to focus her "balanced" build and requires boosters all around to hit internal caps.

What this translates to is...

Wyvern!Elise ORKO's everything in lunatic!cq with the bolt axe, pony tome, or lightning at entirely acceptable hitrates, doubles consistently in Magik knight of all things, and has flexible reclassing in bulk classes thanks to hitting her absolute internal caps in benchmark stats. Fixed booster use is easy to plan for and mostly without competition.

Wyvern!Sakura keeps up in terms of speed thanks to inherent darting blow, but her mag needs dusts to hit Elise benchmarks and her skill/def/hp will still need the same boosters as Elise as her gains do not hit benchmarks at-level even if you hard support grind to wyvern her immediately after her join. Her Str growth is... mostly pointless as the bolt axe/pony tome/lightning should be capable of orkoing everything or you have literally wasted your time on this build. Heavily locked to Magik knight to stay on growths unless she takes a significant dip into sage and nukes her bulk growth. Heavy competition for unpredictable boosters while consuming the same set boosters as Elise. Consumes avatar class import. Only has A+ support options to flesh out build.

So, Sakura winds up being worse in every way at maximum invest and consumes more resources to hit every single benchmark you care about on this sort of build (read: Bolt axe/Pony tome/Lightning Orko's). All so she can fucking wet noodle things at 1-1 range.

This is ignoring the A+ support/retainer gap, where Elise has access to backpack Effie and Arthur at join to completely bury Sakura's "balanced" growths in stat stacking along with a full chapter lead on weapon rank.

Edited by joshcja

Holy fuck, joshcya, stop acting like you're objectively right when it comes to Elise vs. Sakura. I'm going to agree with neither you nor Water Mage because I don't think either sister is inherently better than the other. It depends on what you're looking for or expect in a character. I personally prefer Sakura because she has better HP and defense and can actually take a hit, and because she'd already be promoted by the time Elise shows up in Revelation, but if you find Elise better or more fun I don't have an issue with it. You're acting like you're mortally offended that Water Mage thinks Sakura is better for the reasons he has.

you'll get more impact out of malig elise than you would if she was stuck in troub line. the period in time where elise doesn't have c-axes yet can be a little dicey with just jakob if you're not particularly knowledgeable about fates but it's really not the biggest deal. even as a healer she has more impact in conquest than sakura does in birthright because br just throws strategy out the window as soon as ryoma joins your army and also elise's personal skill is way better than sakura's

i don't really have anything to say in defense of elise in rev but it's rev so whatever lmao

anyway i think hinoka is the worst design out of all the royals. she's completely forgettable even among her siblings who have similarly forgettable personalities

H I N O K A

Like i really sometimes forget she exists. So shes definitely the most forgettable. Im really fond of like, all the other royals from both families. Except her.

If we include the royal babies, just about all of them not named Forrest.

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

Hinoka is probably the objectively correct answer, for all that I like her design and core character concept, and she is a good unit (though not Camilla/Ryoma/Xander good IMO).

On Birthright, Hinoka is completely irrelevant; Takumi and Sakura aren't much better. On Conquest, the least relevant is probably either Sakura or Hinoka, though again both have something, Hinoka at least certainly has more on Conquest than the other routes.

Obviously if you count the 2nd gen royals, it's one of them. Siegbert? Kiragi? I dunno.

Hinoka sounds like popular... But in my cases sometimes I actually forget Hinoka exists xD (In my first playthrough where I used the Royales every chapter after they're recruit... some times I forgot put Hinoka in my team xD)

Wait, why are you people even judging them on combat? Unless you go super slowly, neither of them are going to be seeing much combat, if any. Judge them on their ability to heal.

Sounds like you've never heard of the Heart Seal. Elise has a ridiculous amount of combat potential in numerous class setups, and can even get her staves back in some of them, such as an Adventurer build with Shining Bow (hint: use Arms Scrolls). With a Sorcerer build and a +Mag Avatar pair-up she's about as efficient as deleting units from the map as Ophelia, and she has a massive availability lead as a Dark Mage to boot.

Draco Elise is probably her go-to offensive option, as it comes early, fixes her defenses, and doesn't require an A+ or S-rank support to reach. She can easily train her way to C-Axes by Ch. 13, whereafter the Bolt Axe train comes in full force.

Marrying off Jakob early gives you Dwyer anyway, so you're not even screwed out of early healers if you pick FemAva (though you really don't even need one before Felicia/Jakob 2 show up).

I'm also going to have to say Hinoka.

Which is a shame, since I don't dislike her. Her design is pretty nice, and while I haven't really used her much at all, she seems like she can become a pretty powerful unit. (especially since she's a royal.)