New Smash 4 Gimmick Tourney Vote! Draft Crews wins!

Jedi

Ok guys, King of Dankess is now over, Congrats again to Aura for securing the victory.

Now we have some more gimmick ideas to try out (Doubles is still in a planning phase sometime down the line).

Edited by Jedi

draft crews is fuckin sick but it's not a tourney

since we don't exactly have enough slots to have any sort of bracket, this means that instead of multiple sets of idk 3-stock matches, each person gets 3 stocks total

smaller (4 players?) crews in a (small) bracket tho, that could be a tourney

ftr the way we'd be doing the ironman thing is basically a 1-man crew battle except you switch off characters rather than players

draft crews is fuckin sick but it's not a tourney

since we don't exactly have enough slots to have any sort of bracket, this means that instead of multiple sets of idk 3-stock matches, each person gets 3 stocks total

smaller (4 players?) crews in a (small) bracket tho, that could be a tourney

ftr the way we'd be doing the ironman thing is basically a 1-man crew battle except you switch off characters rather than players

I could leave it more ambiguous until we figure out 100% how the crew thing would work.

Ok to clarify on who is allowed in Royal Rumble,

Peach, DK, Bowser, Bowser Jr, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, Marth, Lucina, FemRobin, Corrin, Dedede, Sonic

Edited by Jedi

I could leave it more ambiguous until we figure out 100% how the crew thing would work.

it has the same issue regardless

Voted for Draft Crew because I'm curious on how it will work

Two entrants (probably the strongest two who entered) get to be team captains A and B

A picks a person to be on their team, then B picks two people, then A picks two people, etc. etc. until there's one person remaining for A to pick.

Then A and B both select someone from their team to start out; those two (A1 and B1) selected people play.

If A1 wins, then B picks another player (B2) to fight A1. A1 starts out with however many stocks remaining as they had when they beat B1.

And it goes on like that until one team runs out of players.

We'd probably use three or four stocks (likely four, since this is an online thing that would take a while).

it has the same issue regardless

Two entrants (probably the strongest two who entered) get to be team captains A and B

A picks a person to be on their team, then B picks two people, then A picks two people, etc. etc. until there's one person remaining for A to pick.

Then A and B both select someone from their team to start out; those two (A1 and B1) selected people play.

If A1 wins, then B picks another player (B2) to fight A1. A1 starts out with however many stocks remaining as they had when they beat B1.

And it goes on like that until one team runs out of players.

We'd probably use three or four stocks (likely four, since this is an online thing that would take a while).

We could also do like smaller crews, and have them like round robin among themselves.

I thought being Fauder/Validar child qualified them for Royal Rumble.

Or are you only going for "got the Falchion to hit me" royalty?

I was going for a joke that people tend to pair Robin up with Chrom for the royalty there, but I originally wasn't going to include them because from what I remember Robin never really accepts their position of being related to Validar, you could probably clear that up for me though haha.

We could also do like smaller crews, and have them like round robin among themselves.

I considered this, but I can't imagine how long it could potentially take.

I considered this, but I can't imagine how long it could potentially take.

Probably too long, I dno honestly, Batter needs to get in here.

Robin Round Robin, because watching all the good people play my main might be helpful. Or if not event match sounds fun too.

I'm just waiting for the three-stock-no-items-all-characters-all-stages tournament because thats how way I normally play. :P

Robin Round Robin, because watching all the good people play my main might be helpful. Or if not event match sounds fun too.

I'm just waiting for the three-stock-no-items-all-characters-all-stages tournament because thats how way I normally play. :P

Those are coming back after the Swiss one, sorry for all this goofy ones in the meantime.

Royal Royalle (or Royal Rumble).

Such a royal decree.

Edited by Jedi

Those are coming back after the Swiss one, sorry for all this goofy ones in the meantime.

No, when I mean all characters and stages, I mean ALL of them, competitive legal or not. Yes, even that one. And that one. That one too.

No, when I mean all characters and stages, I mean ALL of them, competitive legal or not. Yes, even that one. And that one. That one too.

Ooooooooooh I misread you, but Oh god.