Worst support lines

Christianguy7

Do not know if there, is a topic like this one, but what is the worst support convos you've found. Mine is Hana x MAU, "Oh you were kidnapped? That made my friend cry. I hate you for it." Then suddenly marriage. Great writing IT! Two thumbs up.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Azama/Sakura. Bullying a woman until she cries is not okay, and I can't buy it turning romantic at all.

Soleil/Ophelia. Sexual harassment is definitely not okay.

M!Corrin/Hana is (as you already said) terrible. Being mad at him or distrusting him for being Nohrian I'd be fine with, but because he got kidnapped? Blaming him for something he couldn't control? Is a shitty thing to do.

Peri/most people, but especially M!Corrin and Keaton. She makes Keaton regress as a character and say "I guess killing humans is okay", and M!Corrin is so horribly out-of-character it's not funny. Yeah, sure, he's going to be okay with her killing people. As much as I despise her S-support with Kaden, I'd still put it above those two because at least he doesn't suffer for it.

Peri... She has my least favorite ones.... Maybe Charlotte and Leo cause it's pretty much the same as Charlotte and Xander. Female Corrin and Odin was unnecessarily rude, and maybe Camilla's supports, cause I kinda just don't like her character in general...

F!Corrin x Odin, which sucks because I'd totally marry him if it weren't for that.

Peri x Anyone. Like, I won't lie, as good as Laslow x Peri is I tend to prefer some pairings over this one, so Peri is often a bachelorette.

Ophelia x Soleil. Sexual harassment panda is disappointed.
M!Corrin x Hana. Already stated.

Saizou x Hinoka. Why do you exist?

Azama x anyone who isn't Effie. WHY DO YOU EXIST?

F!Corrin x Odin, which sucks because I'd totally marry him if it weren't for that.

Peri x Anyone. Like, I won't lie, as good as Laslow x Peri is I tend to prefer some pairings over this one, so Peri is often a bachelorette.

Ophelia x Soleil. Sexual harassment panda is disappointed.

M!Corrin x Hana. Already stated.

Azama x anyone who isn't Effie. WHY DO YOU EXIST?

I agree with this.

Also, Nyx x anyone not named Niles, Kaze or Tsubaki. I just... No.

Ophelia/Soleil - For obvious reasons

M!Corrin/Hana - All my problems with Fates rolled into one support (Royal bias, Azura/Corrin push), which is a damn shame, because Hana is my number one favourite character in the entire Fates cast.

Still doesn't stop me from marrying her to male Corrin, though, if only to spite IS, who clearly didn't want M!Corrin/Hana to be a thing or Hana to be a fan favourite. The reason for that is anyone's guess, but I think it says something that Hana went from 'second coming of Mia' before the games' release to 'victim blaming bitch' among fans.

Any support involving Takumi - simply because I can not stand that douchebag one bit. The only one I liked was Takumi/Mozu (discounting the S-support, because I would never marry Mozu to this asshole), because Mozu finally pushes him off his high horse.

Arthur/Effie - S-support, at least. The Royal bias is real.

Laslow/Hana - On the account of Laslow being the womanizer that he sadly is.

Hinata/Oboro - S-support, see Arthur/Effie.

Azama/Hinoka - Why, IS? Just... just why?

Odin/anyone that isn't Elise or Felicia - Why does everyone have to be so mean to him?

M!Corrin/Camilla - See Azama/Hinoka

I'm glad I'm not the only one bothered by Ophelia/Soleil and Corrin/Hana. What also gets me (possibly even more) is Laslow/Selena. It just throws their character growth from Awakening out the window, or at least Selena's.

M!Corrin/Hana - All my problems with Fates rolled into one support (Royal bias, Azura/Corrin push), which is a damn shame, because Hana is my number one favourite character in the entire Fates cast.

Still doesn't stop me from marrying her to male Corrin, though, if only to spite IS, who clearly didn't want M!Corrin/Hana to be a thing or Hana to be a fan favourite. The reason for that is anyone's guess, but I think it says something that Hana went from 'second coming of Mia' before the games' release to 'victim blaming bitch' among fans.

Wait, how does M!Corrin/Hana have a royal bias or an Azurrin push? I don't see either of those in it. The only royal even mentioned is Sakura, which is a given since Hana's her retainer.

Wouldn't say I hate all four conversations, but Silas and Hana's first support is awful. Why was Silas being so hostile for no reason? The other three aren't great either, but not as bad as the first.

Also dislike most of MU's supports. So many of them are just "Here's character, here's their quirk, here's some backstory, you're in love now!" not necessarily in that order every time. I know that's kind of every support chain, but its particularly evident in MU's supports.

Wouldn't say I hate all four conversations, but Silas and Hana's first support is awful. Why was Silas being so hostile for no reason?

Silas is the same way with the C supports other characters like Felicia and Azura. I'm not sure what to say about this one, though, because I haven't gotten any of them.

So in whatever side Corrin chooses, Silias apparently becomes some sort of highish ranking officer looking over his supports.

It's another thing that's never clearly explained because fates, and his "fuck you do your job right" supports make a lot more sense once you piece it together.

I'm sure is only me, but I hate this part from Oboro and Silas' S support:

"I look forward to seeing just how good a Nohrian can be!"

I think it sounds like a common phrase from nsfw movies (again, maybe is just my impression) and it make it sound that she can't see how good Nohrians are before marry one? Did she really need to marry one, to see how good they are?... Also Oboro's supports with Azama are a mistake too, but actually most of Azama's romantic supports are bad

Then, there are some of what Silas says in his supports that I don't like, one of the bigger examples is this with Hana "So I can infer the loyalty Lady Sakura deserves from the quality of your fighting. She must not deserve much if this is how you fight in her name..."

Anything coming from Corrin x Siblings S supports too... And... I don't like the phrase that was changed from Kagero and Takumi's C support

Anything that is Elise related because she's

"An annoying spoiled brat loli who's only redeeming qualities seems to be shattering suspension of disbelief that you're in a fire emblem game every time she opens her dumb mouth" -ghast 2K16

Wait, how does M!Corrin/Hana have a royal bias or an Azurrin push? I don't see either of those in it. The only royal even mentioned is Sakura, which is a given since Hana's her retainer.

I thought the developers didn't expect that Hana was going to be popular with the fans, judging from the reactions to her upon her reveal back then and botched the support the Avatar has with her, because they didn't want her to be a fan-favourite in the first place, hence pushing the M!Corrin/Azura pairing.

I see the Royal bias in there based on the fact that Hana's argument for hating Kamui is unreasonable (You made my friend cry by getting kidnapped) and it is entirely out of character for her to say these things, judging by her other supports. She may be brutally honest, but she is capable of logical thought, so the C-support with Corrin seems out of place, if not for the fact that most of the retainers only ever exist to kiss their respective lord's asses.

I know neither of those arguments hold any weight or credibility, but, yeah, there you have it. I am a biased B-tard, spitting salty poison where ever I go.

M!Kana x Caeldori: Kana got friend zoned. <_<

Kana gets friendzoned in any of his/her supports. Exceptions to this are Kiragi (to an extent) and Siegbert (also to an extent) for the female and Selkie and Mitama (to an extent) for the male.

The localizers are hitting us with glorious double standards here: You can marry Elise, Midori and Sakura, who are barely older than Kana, yet Kana gets friendzoned. I swear, if Kana wasn't Corrin's son/daughter, you could marry them, too.

Edited by DragonFlames

Ophelia/Soleil: ...Game, you're really not making a strong case for Soleil being a more ethical/successful flirt than her father. This is virtually all we have to go on, and I'll be honest, it's worse than anything Laslow has ever done.

Xander/Peri: Xander has a lot of explaining to do as to why he would ever appoint a psycho-killer womanchild and how exactly he makes sure she stays in line. And he spends their entire support together doing exactly none of that (aside from purely establishing that he was impressed by her raw combat potential, which is pretty unimpressive considering the obvious downsides), and worse, in the S support, even implies that he's just as emotionally blind to how crazy she is as he is about his father. Seriously, this support could have fixed so many problems with Peri and her reflection upon Xander and yet it's almost like nobody on the writing staff saw the problem or was using her "appeal" as a broad license to throw logic completely out the window.

Peri/Felicia: SEE. ABOVE.

Also, yes, the hilariously idiotic instance of victim-blaming in Corrin's C support with Hana annoyed me too.

Edited by Alastor15243

Peri should be forever alone. Nohr has no therapists, which is where Peri needs to go and get her soul and mind healed. I mean, she's mentally a child due to traumatic backstory, and almost all her supports show the downsides of it.

Camilla x Jakob S support.

I actually think their C - A supports are hilarious... but only if they weren't getting married. I mean, the S-support is terrible. And it contradicts their paired ending, which says both Camilla and Jakob love their spouses the most.

Silas x Setsuna

It's boring. It's lame. It's the same thing over and over and they have zero romance.

Welp, I've got nothing more to add to the thread. I mean sure there are other bad ones, but this is a perfect example of the flaws of the "everyone has to be able to support everyone" system we've had two games in a row now. How do you fall in love with someone who's testing your loyalty based on a shady rumor without any real proof? It also doesn't help that the "test" itself is flawed, so this really adds nothing to either character, is completely void of emotion and it doesn't even make sense.

Soleil/Ophelia and also Soleil/Forrest (Japanese version). Just what is up with that girl? The rest of her supports aren't any better, except for the one with her dad maybe. The localization tried to fix it, but instead they now feel like a clunky and awkward mix between Localized!Soleil and Japanese!Soleil. She treats girls like objects, I really dislike her as a character.

Male Corrin!Selena - Relationship based on getting yourself rejected and have her make you her slave. She admits in the end she has been to you and don't deserve to marry you however proceeds to sound cocky saying that most men would please to bang her *cough*camilla*cough*kagero*cough*

Male Corrin!Hana because of what said earlier

Soleil!Ophelia sexual harasment

Keaton! Anyone who doesn't like his digusting treasures.