Worst support lines

Christianguy7

I'm going to put out a new one: Hana and Takumi's S support.

To be honest I don't actually hate this support in as of itself, but after the rest of their chain (which I really liked) it struck me as absurdly abrupt. There's no real indication from C to A that indicates they'd have any feelings for each other, but when S comes along they're suddenly in love with each other for no reason except just because. It tosses away a perfectly good platonic support for an ultimately mediocre romantic one, which I find to be the biggest problem with the new support system.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

corrin/azura rev is probably the worst i've seen

"nohr is warlike and attacks hoshido which is a perfect country that does no wrong"

"well it's understandable that nohr would be terrible because hoshido is so perfect"

"let us consider our nohrian allies, which at the moment are gunter gunter and gunter"

it's also hilariously hard to miss because you have like, four good units in the earlygame and azura is among them

You have like four units in general in the earlygame.

I don't know what you guys are talking about when it comes to Azama, his supports are awesome.

Same. Azama is a great character. He's one of the most hilarious characters in the game. I think they're more complaining about his lack of chemistry with most of the women in their supports though.

A lot of Jakob's supports are cringe, which isnt as bad as they were in Japan at least. And we dont have any support discussing tits anymore, thankfully. Oboro/Hinata is friendzone central. Most of the kids supports, the worst offender being anything from Male Kana.

Did anyone ever mention Flora C support with her cleaning Kamui's boots?

I mean, I know "ashi" can meant footwear in that context... but you know...

It's not, you know... BAAAD. But I got a chuckle out of that line.

Edited by shadowofchaos

corrin/azura rev is probably the worst i've seen

"nohr is warlike and attacks hoshido which is a perfect country that does no wrong"

"well it's understandable that nohr would be terrible because hoshido is so perfect"

"let us consider our nohrian allies, which at the moment are gunter gunter and gunter"

it's also hilariously hard to miss because you have like, four good units in the earlygame and azura is among them

And Felicia/Jakob.

But you're misconstruing the support. It was intended to show that Hoshido's indifference to Nohr's issues played a part in starting the war. An attempt at moral grayness that should have been in the plot itself, but better than nothing.

Yes, pretty much. I get what they were trying, but I feel like Corrin's points are a bit too weak. Not taking on someone else's problems as your own (especially when you might not be aware of how bad they are) isn't even in the same class of "wrong" as launching an unprovoked attack to take someone else's stuff. I think if they wanted to add some punch to Corrin's points they should have included additional detail like Nohr asking Hoshido politely for some aid (or offering to trade some goods for the food they so badly need and that Hoshido has a surplus of) before going to war. Then if Hoshido had refused after knowing how bad Nohr's situation was, that would move Hoshido a few shades closer to black.

Yeah, yeah, maybe that wasn't likely to happen with the current state of Nohr's leadership. But I do think the support was missing something to make its points stronger.

Edited by ajmiam

Did anyone ever mention Flora C support with her cleaning Kamui's boots?

I mean, I know "ashi" can meant footwear in that context... but you know...

It's not, you know... BAAAD. But I got a chuckle out of that line.

Is that only in the japanese version? Because if we're going there I want to nominate Forrest and Soleil's japanese support too, holy cow Soleil, what is wrong with you?

Is that only in the japanese version?

No, it's in the localization as well.

2vinsxx.jpg

I like the m!Corrin/Flora supports as they are (hell I even married a male avatar to her), but I think the supports between f!Corrin and Flora are way better. Same with Scarlet. With m!Corrin, they just kind of cutely pick on him, but with female, we properly get to know interesting things about them.

Is that only in the japanese version? Because if we're going there I want to nominate Forrest and Soleil's japanese support too, holy cow Soleil, what is wrong with you?

Like the person after your post shows you, I meant that as a localization oversight.

Japanese say "feet".

While English says "boots".

Understandably, if translators were given no context, that's what they'd translate it to in any normal situation.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I really hate Keaton/Hana 's support. It's literally about him not liking her and then the S almost sounds like it was cut and pasted from another support because it has almost nothing to do with C-A. Although I hate a lot of Hana's supports.

I really hate Keaton/Hana 's support. It's literally about him not liking her and then the S almost sounds like it was cut and pasted from another support because it has almost nothing to do with C-A. Although I hate a lot of Hana's supports.

Reminds me of MCorrin + Hana's C-S.

Dumb reason to hate him.

Weak reason to marry him.

Reminds me of MCorrin + Hana's C-S.

Dumb reason to hate him.

Weak reason to marry him.

Reminded me of almost all of Awakening's supports. "I like food." "I can make food." "Let's get married."

I'm glad for fan supports since they are really well written...compared too..

• 1 month later...

An already frequently discussed one, but I'm going a bit more in-depth.

Soleil/Ophelia

My God, what an awful support chain. Soleil is being a clingy, stalkerish creep to Ophelia in the C support, where the latter already expresses clear discomfort. Don't even get me STARTED on the B support, where Soleil is revealed to still stalk poor Ophelia and after the body swap... ugh, so many disgusting implications. I feel SO bad for poor Ophelia. And then we're led to believe Soleil is more successful than Inigo in her flirting? This isn't just blatant bullshit if this support is the only thing to go by as far as Soleil's flirting goes, it's downright mean towards Inigo, who we know is a failure in his philandering ways. I just end up feeling bad for Inigo because of what Soleil is being represented as by in-game dialogue, but the guy's done nothing morally reprehensible and yet his own daughter has probably done seriously nasty stuff to Ophelia's body.

Another thing I'd like to touch upon is a what if-scenario. Of course this doesn't play out in the games, but I feel it's worth discussing. What if Soleil planned to do nasty shit to Ophelia's body? For the stalking alone, Ophelia would probably tell Owain about why she's been feeling so frustrated, but this greatly endangers Inigo and Owain's friendship, which is even very nicely touched upon in their supports. I can imagine Owain would be pissed at Inigo for not keeping a closer eye on his daughter - rightfully so - and Inigo would definitely call Soleil out on her behavior. At the very least, I can see Inigo being shocked at his daughter's behavior towards Ophelia. Again, though, the worst thing is endangering Inigo and Owain's friendship, which is also dangerous to the mission they're on in Fates.

And yet people still ship Ophelia and Soleil? Yes, I get that they make up in the A support. Yes, I get that this wouldn't impact everyone equally. However, this pairing personally makes me fucking sick.

Whew. That's done.