Worst support lines

Christianguy7

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dislike Kana's support with their mother as well, as it basically imposes an extremely hippie-ish belief (that flowers are living creatures that can be "hurt" and should never be picked, despite them not having emotions or even brains) onto every single female character in the entire game, which is just kinda... weird, and from what I can tell they only really caught the obvious exceptions like Peri or Rhajat. I also dislike that they just threw that in to be male Kana's support with female Corrin, almost like an afterthought. I would've liked to see an original conversation for them, perhaps even delving into Kana's issues with abandonment and loneliness. I know they're addressed elsewhere, but not, to my knowledge, with an actual parent of theirs.

Aside from the obvious asshole/creep/psycho characters, the Takumi x Orochi one pissed me off. The entire line is Orochi teasing and mocking Takumi about his childhood. Their A support ends with Takumi basically telling her to fuck off and the S support has him yearning for more of her shit. Just why?

The localizers are hitting us with glorious double standards here: You can marry Elise, Midori and Sakura, who are barely older than Kana, yet Kana gets friendzoned. I swear, if Kana wasn't Corrin's son/daughter, you could marry them, too.

You mean you haven't played the DLC where you can marry Kana too? Here's a little excerpt.

Kana: I received a letter from an alternate reality me, and he said "If you ever find yourself sexually attracted to your mom, read this letter". The letter says that I was conceived via artificial insemination, so even though you gave birth to me and raised me from infancy, we don't share a drop of blood. My real mother is Ashera from Radiant Dawn (go buy the True Radiant History DLC for $4.99) and my father was Grima (go buy the Awakened Revelations DLC for $99.99). I'm also technically an adult, by the way.

I'm kidding, of course. I hope.

Kana: I received a letter from an alternate reality me, and he said "If you ever find yourself sexually attracted to your mom, read this letter". The letter says that I was conceived via artificial insemination, so even though you gave birth to me and raised me from infancy, we don't share a drop of blood. My real mother is Ashera from Radiant Dawn (go buy the True Radiant History DLC for $4.99) and my father was Grima (go buy the Awakened Revelations DLC for $99.99). I'm also technically an adult, by the way.

I'm kidding, of course. I hope.

9/10, you forgot the part where she said all of this in dragon.

Every single line of Peri and Camilla is garbage, and most of Corrin too, for the rest I don't know really, there aren't necessarily bad supports, most of them are just... forgettable? Pointless? Although there are some good ones, too.

Also I'm surprised nobody mentioned Saizo/Beruka ...

Edited by jonson

Every single line of Peri and Camilla is garbage, and most of Corrin too, for the rest I don't know really, there aren't necessarily bad supports, most of them are just... forgettable? Pointless? Although there are some good ones, too.

I really enjoyed Corrin's supports with Felicia, however a lot of them aren't good. Like the Saizo one.

I really find most of Mozu's support to be pretty boring

like why the fuck would I care about how you peel a potato this is a fucking war not a farming simulator we've already had enough dating simulator.

Edited by RoyLKing

like why the fuck would I care about how you peel a tomato this is a fucking war not a farming simulator we've already had enough dating simulator.

You don't peel tomatoes :P

Oh yeah, that support was in general pretty bad, not only does it have Beruka out of character, it just doesn't make sense in general, what were they trying to say to begin with.

You don't peel tomatoes :P

Tongue slip-up

I fixed it

I really find most of Mozu's support to be pretty boring

Seriously? Mozu has some of the best supports in the game. She's just an angel with everyone, and that's satisfying enough for me.

Oh yeah, that support was in general pretty bad, not only does it have Beruka out of character, it just doesn't make sense in general, what were they trying to say to begin with.

Out of character? Saizo and Beruka's supports imply the struggles they both have as assassins; I find them touching. The localization did fuck them up a bit, though.

Saizo and Beruka's supports imply the struggles they both have as assassins; I find them touching. The localization did fuck them up a bit, though.

Besides the C support, everything is the same. Although if that was all you were referring to, I totally understand.

Non-romantic

Sophie and Caeldori - A support about shampoo.

Localized Caeldori and Rhajat - A support that ends with a "Be yourself" message comes off more of something you see on an after school special

Romantic

Silas and Camilla - Silas was an errand boy delivering messages to Corrin throughout the support.

Romantic

Silas and Camilla - Silas was an errand boy delivering messages to Corrin throughout the support.

Really? I haven't read that one, but it sounds like Hinoka and Saizou's, although I'm inclined the latter one is worse regardless.

MU & Hana/Saizo: If this was to be done, then at least there should have been a case where extra/alternate dialogue for Hana/Sakura and Ryoma/Saizo should have been written and activated. Perhaps: "By the way, I appreciate your concern, but I'd prefer you refrain from [insert whatever phrase equivalent to hate on my older/younger brother]." "But Lady Sakura/Lord Ryoma!" "Hana/Saizo, I insist you treat him like you do to the rest of our family. This is an order I want you to abide." At least with Azura x Saizo, Saizo admits that, if Ryoma finds out about Saizo's distrust/spying, then the former would at least call the latter out, if not worse.

Soleil and her mother: Oh my gosh! Hitting on other girls is one thing, but hitting on one's parent is...quite another...

As for my dissent from some of the replys above:

• I'm actually fine with Beruka/Saizo, to be honest, and if anything, I'm actually less fond with the original Japanese version for the C-support. I like how mysterious and assassin-like their wordless "conversation" depicts as them starting to establish trust in between. Of course, I could just be reading too much, but eh, whatever.
  • I find Camilla x Avatar's S-level conversation to be really funny...from being inappropriate. For the C/B/A-level conversations, they are fine in their own right, in terms of story, considering the less-than-ideal circumstances of their backgrounds.
Edited by henrymidfields

Seriously? Mozu has some of the best supports in the game. She's just an angel with everyone, and that's satisfying enough for me.

Out of character? Saizo and Beruka's supports imply the struggles they both have as assassins; I find them touching. The localization did fuck them up a bit, though.

I'm just plain uninterested in Mozu and her boring farm talk

Beruka even caring about that assignment was out of character, because of her emotionless attitude, why would she care if someone hired to kill her client, heck they even changed her goal when her goal in life was to survive to begin with.

Saizo/Hinoka: Contrived stupidity between two characters with no chemistry.

Soleil and her mother: For all of the dumb moments Inigo had due to his philandering, at least he never hit on his mother.

Soleil/Ophelia: Pretty much for the same reasons already stated.

M!Kamui/Peri: "I'll make sure to hire hardy folk, who won't die when you attack them." What the hell, Kamui?

Laslow/Peri: Not only espouse an idea I hate--that psychopathy can be cured, either by just telling sufferer to stop doing bad things or through the power of love--but it gives Peri's behavior an excuse that makes her serial killing look incredibly disproportionate at best. The fact that the DLC has Peri moralizing to daughter!Soleil in a similar way without a hint of irony just makes it worse.

Azama/Hinoka, Sakura or F!Kamui: While I think all of Azama's supports range from bad to awful, these are the worst, with him berating Sakura for being a decent human instead of abusing her position being being the crowning moment of Azama's dickishness.

Camilla/Takumi and Ryoma: She and Ryoma have nothing in common, she infantilizes Takumi, and in general has zero chemistry with either of them.

Silas/Camilla and Elise: The supports Silas where Silas is a siscon whose obsession with Kamui is shown to run so deep that he seems to want to be Kamui.

Laslow/Peri: Not only espouse an idea I hate--that psychopathy can be cured, either by just telling sufferer to stop doing bad things or through the power of love--but it gives Peri's behavior an excuse that makes her serial killing look incredibly disproportionate at best. The fact that the DLC has Peri moralizing to daughter!Soleil in a similar way without a hint of irony just makes it worse.

Azama/Hinoka, Sakura or F!Kamui: While I think all of Azama's supports range from bad to awful, these are the worst, with him berating Sakura for being a decent human instead of abusing her position being being the crowning moment of Azama's dickishness.

Camilla/Takumi and Ryoma: She and Ryoma have nothing in common, she infantilizes Takumi, and in general has zero chemistry with either of them.

I agree with everything on your list, but especially these.

The only Peri support that I think comes close to being decent is Peri/Odin; I really dislike Peri/Laslow for the reasons stated above.

Although Azama/Lady Corrin is pretty dire, he has some great marriage lines and a great support with Kana, if Corrin marries him. His post-marriage lines are actually so good I sense a little writer bias there (I still dislike him as a character, though!).

Camilla/Takumi is probably my most *personally* hated support; while it's objectively not the worst (that's probably either one of Peri's or Soleil's), Camilla/Takumi is the one to really make my skin crawl. The infantilization is awful. Takumi/Orochi is also terrible.

I never got the idea from their supports that psychopathy can be cured, and I think Peri's conversation with Soleil as her daughter gives her hints of morality and development that the main game couldn't. I enjoy Soleil as Peri's daughter the most since they are both rather problematic. As much as I enjoy both characters, I do think they could've been executed better.

Edited by twistedxgrace

Unfortunate some of Camilla's support focus on her worse side. I find Camilla to be at her best when she is the overly doting big sis who's shown to dote on everyone she considers dear to her. I find her at her worst when she just want to sleep with her little brother because he's the player avatar. The supports between her and Arthur, and Silas fall in that later category.

I'l second all those people mentioning Corrin x Hana. Neither party comes out very good. Hana is established as a scumbag unable to empathize with people not already close to her and Corrin's a wimp who doesn't even try to defend himself when someone is acting horrible to him for no real reason.

I'm not sure why Saizo's Corrin support gets lumped in with that. Saizo is pretty rational about it. Corrin was raised by the enemy so he can be a threat. Its not like he's hostile for silly reasons like Corrin's kidnapping making Ryoma cry or because he wants to make Corrin pay for making Ryoma jealous of him when they were children. He's just being the intimidating grumpy bear he always is.

I'll second all those people mentioning Corrin x Hana. Neither party comes out very good. Hana is established as a scumbag unable to empathize with people not already close to her and Corrin's a wimp who doesn't even try to defend himself when someone is acting horrible to him for no real reason.

I'm not sure why Saizo's Corrin support gets lumped in with that. Saizo is pretty rational about it. Corrin was raised by the enemy so he can be a threat. Its not like he's hostile for silly reasons like Corrin's kidnapping making Ryoma cry or because he wants to make Corrin pay for making Ryoma jealous of him when they were children. He's just being the intimidating grumpy bear he always is.

This. For both of these. Thank you.

Most people already pointed out the truly awful ones such as Hana/Corrin, Peri/Everyone and Soleil Ophelia so I won't mention those anymore.

I am not the biggest fan of Siegbert and Ignatius' support conversation. I liked that they tried a serious support with the second gens, but the support in question is just so boring. I feel like I have seen this conversation a hundred times already and neither characters have anything interesting to add to the 'should a prince fight' discussion either. A shame since the two most insecure gen 2 characters could have a somewhat interesting support.

I did't really enjoy Niles and Odin's support either. You have two of the weirdest characters in Fates, but the support itself is pretty boring. Niles could be replaced by any other serious character and there would't be much of a difference. Odin is acting like usual, but I did't think the weapon naming part was all that interesting.

Sadly most of Keaton's and to a lesser extend Velouria's support did't do anything for me either. I really liked how they introduced Keaton and I was interesting in the character, but the garbage obsession having a huge role in many of his support kind of killed my interest in him. Its not all that funny after the first time and it tells us nothing interesting about the character. Velouria meanwhile has a great design and I was interested in her too, but once again the garbage obsession takes the spotlight too much.

corrin/azura rev is probably the worst i've seen

"nohr is warlike and attacks hoshido which is a perfect country that does no wrong"

"well it's understandable that nohr would be terrible because hoshido is so perfect"

"let us consider our nohrian allies, which at the moment are gunter gunter and gunter"

it's also hilariously hard to miss because you have like, four good units in the earlygame and azura is among them

Edited by DoesntKnowHowToPlay

The butchering of Soleil and Kanna's supports is the worst for me. Poor Soleil gets friendzoned by everyone, hell I can even imagine Soleil in a bar downing her sorrows after her S support with Siegbert. That was painful to watch. At least M!Kanna can man up marry Selkie, kudos for him.

I liked Camilla and M!Corrin, a little anime hijinks, but nothing bad. Keaton and Camilla was the terrible one. Camilla never even displays tolerating the guy and yet they marry.

Also "...". The worst part about that one is that I wanted to see that meme in a game myself, but they removed what's easily the best support in the whole game for it. At least the Fan Translation has that one translated among the few supports it does translates.

corrin/azura rev is probably the worst i've seen

"nohr is warlike and attacks hoshido which is a perfect country that does no wrong"

"well it's understandable that nohr would be terrible because hoshido is so perfect"

"let us consider our nohrian allies, which at the moment are gunter gunter and gunter"

it's also hilariously hard to miss because you have like, four good units in the earlygame and azura is among them

And Felicia/Jakob.

But you're misconstruing the support. It was intended to show that Hoshido's indifference to Nohr's issues played a part in starting the war. An attempt at moral grayness that should have been in the plot itself, but better than nothing.

Point taken, and I probably didn't explain enough, and maybe overreacted when i saw Saizo's conversation with the Avatar. However,I still say they've got some similar migrane-inducements. I failed to see either of them having actual discussions with their retainers in regards to Corrin, which is quite questionable. Saizo's "What has Ryoma got to do with my suspiicions with you?" in his C-level support with Corrin presents as "I don't give a fuck about what your so-called brother thinks, even though he may be my retainer." and feels inconsistent with his loyalty towards Ryoma - especially when he was more courteous with Azura in their C-level conversation. Both seem to present as they're distrusting Corrin because they can, and either not being aware of what Ryoma/Sakura actually thinks, or not caring.

Further illustrating this, Frederick from Awakening does a better job in storytelling as a weary character doing his duty. In most scenes where Frederick tells Robin of the former's suspicion towards the latter, Chrom is also there, and all three are aware of the other person's attitude. In one case, being the prelude of Chapter 2, Emmeryn was there to briefly discuss the question of Robin. Frederick is a better example of showing suspicion as part of duty.

Edited by henrymidfields