Pairing Jakob and Odin with Elise and Nyx

Aircalipoor

Conquest: After my first lunatic run, I decided to have another playthrough on Hard. This time I want to play with many children and as soon as possible, since I only recuited them in the endgame in my other runs. So I use the first 10 units and their seven kids, which I all should get after chapter 14 or 15.

I'm already settled on Avatar/Silas (Samurai allows even more physical sword classes), Arthur/Effie (really generic, but it works so smooth) and Niles/Azura (Kinshi-Knights ftw)

I can't decide what to do with the mages. Jakob x Elise is sooner and Dwyer may want Elises superior magic growth. But they only have the Trobadour class set and no dark mage. Odin and Nyx have the same problem, they and Ophelia are locked in the Dark mage class set.

So...

Jakob x Elise and Odin/Nyx

or

Jakob/Nyx and Odin/Elise

Or some other option that involves Niles and Azura?

Edited by Aircalipoor

I would go for Nyx with Odin. Dwyer likes the Dark Mage line, especially Dark Knight.

I did Elise with Niles. Nina can do nicely with her base magic growth. Turn her into a Strategist in the end, with the Move+1 skill.

Azura with Odin seems odd. I did Odin with Felicia, but that would probably take to long?

I would go for Nyx with Odin. Dwyer likes the Dark Mage line

Dwyer wouldn't get Dark Mage that way.

And yeah, Felicia would be too late.

Currently thinking about some possibilities, but I don't know how class sets get inherited.

Odin x Elise: Can Ophelia switch into Malig Knight?

Niles x Azura: Can Shigure switch into Cavalier? Edit: My bad. Thought of Jakob x Azura.

and Jakob x Nyx would be left.

Edited by Aircalipoor

Ophelia cannot get magik knight from Elise but she does like lunge and Elise's mag cap. Also she's well suited to tanking Elise's shit skill growth. Use wyvern Elise for best results but honestly it's about impossible to make Ophelia bad.

Jakob x Nyx, meh, makes dwyer better at levin tomebreaker strats. He's one of the few units in the game that can get away with dark knight though he generally gets it from Ophelia after absorbing those sick cav tree skills. He gets Magik from Elise but she's waaaaay better at wielding the bolt axe than he'll ever be.

Niles x Azura, free pass falcoknight tho. Or just breed with Mozu for the archer line and let Azura die lost in thoughts all alone.

Edited by joshcja

Totally forgot about Mozu! She seems like a good choice for non-magical Niles/Nina. It's almost troll-like that Niles gets Diviner and Nyx gets Archer when you marry them instead of vice-versa (and Nina wouldn't get Archer either). Or I don't get how Parallel Classes work.

I can ditch Nyx and have Jakob x Azura for two tomebreaker Kids that can go Strategist or Falconknight. Odin still has Elise.

Totally forgot about Mozu! She seems like a good choice for non-magical Niles/Nina. It's almost troll-like that Niles gets Diviner and Nyx gets Archer when you marry them instead of vice-versa (and Nina wouldn't get Archer either). Or I don't get how Parallel Classes work.

I can ditch Nyx and have Jakob x Azura for two tomebreaker Kids that can go Strategist or Falconknight. Odin still has Elise.

Neither of them gets a useful class and Nina gets Diviner from Nyx.

Jakob x Azura just makes 2 exp paralouges. Which is pretty optimal use for shigure and "most" dwyers.

Currently at chapter 14. Since Master Seals are limited, I think about getting some of the children a little later. At which chapter do the children get an Offspring Seal?

After chapter 18. However, certain children *coughForrestandIgnatiuscough* are better recruited before then since their paralogues are just plain bad to do late.