Dissidia NT: Vayne Carudas Solidor confirmed

Jedi

74d54dcaf31674882b1ccadf5724d61a.png

This Terra alt is amazing.

Some sick new costumes have been shown since last time, as well as since my last thread, Kefka, Kain and Garland were revealed.

Discuss the game we still continue to hope for to get localized eventually once its outside of Arcades. All these alts look so sweet, so many references to art and such like Ramza's. We know that the dev team still plans to have around 50 characters eventually, but we are still unsure when its coming to the PS4 and eventually the west.

Edited by Jedi

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EX is not a thing in Arcade to my knowledge

If you look at around 0:40, you'll see what looks like Onion Knight coming out of EX.

Aside from that, the last two at the end, are they new? They werent in Duo Decim to my memory

If you look at around 0:40, you'll see what looks like Onion Knight coming out of EX.

Aside from that, the last two at the end, are they new? They werent in Duo Decim to my memory

Onion Knight has a gimmick that makes him go Ninja or Sage as opposed to EX, its like Cecil's Paladin/Dark Knight switches to my knowledge. Each character has Ex Skills as opposed to a super mode, this is probably done for both balancing reasons and the fact that its now 3 v 3 combat.

That would be Y'shtola from FF14 and Ramza from Final Fantasy Tactics.

So far, Arcades cast is WoL, Garland, Firion, Onion Knight, Cecil, Kain, Bartz, Terra, Kefka, Cloud, Squall, Zidane, Tidus, Shantotto, Vaan, Lightning and those two, also mind you all of these characters have drastically altered movesets and are being added slowly to the Arcade machines currently, Square-Enix and Team Ninja have both stated a general goal of "50" characters, at some point, whether or not we get them, is another matter entirely.

Edited by Jedi

Discuss the game we still continue to hope for to get localized eventually once its outside of Arcades. All these alts look so sweet, so many references to art and such like Ramza's. We know that the dev team still plans to have around 50 characters eventually, but we are still unsure when its coming to the PS4 and eventually the west.

so is this confirmed coming to PS4? because i don't even like final fantasy but this looks pretty cool and i'd gladly buy it if a PS4 version came out. but from what i've heard i thought it was arcade only

so is this confirmed coming to PS4? because i don't even like final fantasy but this looks pretty cool and i'd gladly buy it if a PS4 version came out. but from what i've heard i thought it was arcade only

It's been heavily hinted at, some time ago, SE showed it running on a PS4 engine so I can only assume they are going to port it over, after its had its run in the Arcade, its still techically being "made" they are just releasing it in chunks via the Arcades as of right now since Arcades are huge in Japan and I guess this is the best way for them to have people test the game, so they can do tweaks.

Hopefully Cloud isn't as OP here as he is in Smash 4. So far, Ramza is hands down the best character revealed. He even has his stone throw move from Final Fantasy Tactics!

Hopefully Cloud isn't as OP here as he is in Smash 4. So far, Ramza is hands down the best character revealed. He even has his stone throw move from Final Fantasy Tactics!

Cloud's usually been in the "Solid but not super amazing" dealilo in his Dissidia runs so far. Also I'd say why he isn't OP in smash and just "Really good" but thats Smash not Dissidia

Yeah Ramza has throw stone, but his shtick interestingly enough is more so to buff his team or himself to become faster/stronger etc.

Many games have a run in the arcades before being ported.

The thing is, huge profits come from arcades the bigger it is from the community having tourneys and huge amounts of practice without console versions to take those hours of revenue away.

So it'll be a little while at least before it gets announced.

Yeah Ramza has throw stone, but his shtick interestingly enough is more so to buff his team or himself to become faster/stronger etc.

Shouting to increase your stats was another thing Ramza could do in FFT.

Shouting to increase your stats was another thing Ramza could do in FFT.

Yep, while it has been about 10 years since I last played FFT I at least remembered that haha.

43de1c2dd060ba8a77a5b94c0e580525.png

This.

This is love at first glance.

I'm SO looking forward to this game. I might buy a PS4 if they officially announce it in there.

I played so much Dissidia 012, and I'm extremely hyped for this one

Hopefully it does come to PS4, so I finally have a reason to buy one outside of FFVIIR.

Also, where is Tifa?

I feel like she will be in the game. As well as all the characters from Dissidia 012... I feel like it would be a little strange to cut them.

I feel like she will be in the game. As well as all the characters from Dissidia 012... I feel like it would be a little strange to cut them.

Especially considering the huge roster number they are aiming for, its likely that they are just revamping them because like every returning character seems to play almost completely differently from Dissidia 1 and Duodecim.

Such as Bartz instead of mimicking other fighters in a funky moveset now uses Spell Blades, Ranger moves (Yes he does use Rapid fire), a Dragoon one and various other jobs.

Edited by Jedi

Bartz changedhis role entirely to represent FFV better.

While the Mimic class was a cool concept and such, the big thing that V had was his class system being much more polished compared to the one in III, so it's new moveset represents that much better.

Also, Blue Magic hype

Edited by Drarky

The game needs a white mage character, but other than that it's lookin' good. :P (filthy heal-player over here)

The devs have stated multiple times that they really want to add Minwu, the OG White Mage, so its very likely he and others will be around, because with more support styled characters like Ramza around, its not a stretch to believe we'll have White Mages although, they'll probably be more focused on granting allies more Brave Points as opposed to healing, but we'll see.

Why does Ramza look so girly? ;/

Otherwise, this is a hell of a video! Cloud was expected/10, but still looks nice. Squall looks DAMN good in that uniform. Biggest surprise was WoL, IMO - I thought Cain had hopped over from FE to guest star!

Why does Ramza look so girly? ;/

Otherwise, this is a hell of a video! Cloud was expected/10, but still looks nice. Squall looks DAMN good in that uniform. Biggest surprise was WoL, IMO - I thought Cain had hopped over from FE to guest star!

Haha yeah, WoL's alt is based on the very old school FF1 Fighter sprite!

fighter.gif

And Squalls very nice uniform is from this scene in particular! (This is for those unaware, i'm sure you are)

Do you think they will add characters like Nine from Type-0 or Noctis from 15?

Pretty possible, I think Ramza opened the door for non-mainliners and I think Noctis will be like a shoe-in once 15 actually comes out.