Dissidia NT: Vayne Carudas Solidor confirmed

Jedi

I would love if they add the characters from 012 AND add some new ones from the games they have only 1 or 2.

I really want Vivi to be a thing in Dissidia.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol Drarky I screencapped my avatar before going into this thread. Good to see that you have good taste

Bartz's new outfit is incredible, I could never get used to the Amano design. I'm so ready to try him out, FF5 is my favorite FF and Gilgamesh isn't in... yet. The job system in his moveset looks like a lot of fun and an interesting way to bring a support character into an action game like this.

For those curious about Bartz's moveset, after using a certain move enough times in a match he masters it, giving it more hits and damage while also giving himself a buff, like dealing more damage or EX skill cooldown reduction. Mastery is permanent and only goes away when the match ends. With his EX skill, he can also give all of his mastery buffs to his team for a short time.

This vid shows off his moveset in full and there are vids like this for the entire cast for those curious about how certain characters work. Some are similar to their 012 incarnations, like Cecil and Squall, while some are entirely different, like Vaan

Even someone as simple as Cloud has changed drastically from his former 2 Dissidia appearances, focusing more on a charge system, rather than his old "Wall Rush everyone and everything" moveset of the past, although he still retains that somewhat, he doesn't have the added benefits he used to, that and he moves quite differently haha.

Edited by Jedi

Why does Ramza look so girly? ;/

fun fact

saw him in his revelat trailer and i thought he was a chick at first

>X>

nice to see the costumes are having people show itnerest to the arcade dissidia

as well as agree that Bartzs job system is much better than his mimic style

:B):

I would love if they add the characters from 012 AND add some new ones from the games they have only 1 or 2.

I really want Vivi to be a thing in Dissidia.

another fun fact

Nomura had first call in Dissidia 012 for Kain

and he has first pick again for Dissidia arcade and he's using that for Minwu from FF2

sounds like cool shit to me

Edited by Trisitei

Nice, thanks for sharing these, also yeah Squall's Red Gunblade in this alt looks really cool, FF8 totally needed even more Star Wars vibes :P:

I've never played a FF game in my life (though KH, TvTropes binge-reading, and the internet in general have familiarized me with most of the characters), and I have to say all these designs look awesome.

Play Arts when?

I've never played a FF game in my life (though KH, TvTropes binge-reading, and the internet in general have familiarized me with most of the characters), and I have to say all these designs look awesome.

If you're gonna touch a FF game, it may as well be Dissidia. It's probably the most exciting part of the whole series.

If you're gonna touch a FF game, it may as well be Dissidia. It's probably the most exciting part of the whole series.

A PSP has been passed through my siblings. If I can get a hold of it, Duodecim becomes a priority for me.

After watching all the character videos. . .I want my Kuja. :(:

Still, Zidane looks like he'll get some use from me. Might have to figure out how to Cloud/Ramza, since both of them look about my speed.

Does Squall ever get a red Gunblade in FF8? I don't remember.

Nah he gets a blue lightsaber like one though.

If you have no idea who is who, and all the little touches to detail or any of the references, you won't appreciate it nearly as much as someone like me, who has played pretty much every mainline FF, so this is a mileage may vary kind of thing here.

Play Arts when?

If you were to start playing FF games now, I would suggest FF4.

It's the best one for begginers.

FF5 is good too, because the job system in the game is incredibly fun. In my opinion, it has the best job system of any game.

Edited by Water Mage

After watching all the character videos. . .I want my Kuja. :(:

Still, Zidane looks like he'll get some use from me. Might have to figure out how to Cloud/Ramza, since both of them look about my speed.

Kuja will be there, its pretty much just a matter of time, because of how they are re-working everyone.

If you were to start playing FF games now, I would suggest FF4.

It's the best one for begginers.

FF5 is good too, because the job system in the game is incredibly fun. In my opinion, it has the best job of any game.

4, 6, 7 are all good starting points, I'd actually rec 5 later, not right out the gate.

@Dan If you play 1 & 2 play the GBA or PSP versions 1 is a root start for systems that'd be introducted, if you play 3, I heard good things about the NES original (Japanese only) also it introduced the whole "Job system" used in games such as 5, 10-2, FFT etc. 4 is solid and is more character focused and they have different roles in combat, 5 has a bit of a learning curve but has probably the deepest and most satisfying to learn systems in the franchise, 6 is pretty easy introduces the Esper system and has more Job unique abilities, although 5 is deeper in terms of mechanics with jobs, 7 is pretty easy and introduces the Materia system, 8 has a bit of a learning curve due to the junction system, 9 is a throwback to 1-5 so its kind of weird to play it first, 10 is pretty good and has a fun system, 10-2 has the job system again with the fastest paced combat system and a goofy story, 11 is an MMO whoops, 12 is more a Western type of RPG tons of sidequests etc its very akin to Xenoblade actually in how it plays, 13 is hit & miss with people but has a fairly deep system for those who stick with it past the beginning, 14 is another MMO.

Tl;dr - All the games are quite different haha.

Also if you attempt to play the SNES version of 4 (eh version) or 6 (The definitive version) be aware they are named 2 and 3 here in the states in their original format because we only got ff1, 4 and 6 at first.

Edited by Jedi

hearing that blinded by light remix made me feel special

as someone whose favorite ff is lightning returns, I absolutely hope savior of souls in the game in some capacity

also how is Tidus any different from usual? Everyone else looked different in the trailer but he was wearing the same stuff. I liked the costumes but something about Bartz's felt really basic compared to even something like FFI Warrior

Kuja will be there, its pretty much just a matter of time, because of how they are re-working everyone.

4, 6, 7 are all good starting points, I'd actually rec 5 later, not right out the gate.

@Dan If you play 1 & 2 play the GBA or PSP versions 1 is a root start for systems that'd be introducted, if you play 3, I heard good things about the NES original (Japanese only) also it introduced the whole "Job system" used in games such as 5, 10-2, FFT etc. 4 is solid and is more character focused and they have different roles in combat, 5 has a bit of a learning curve but has probably the deepest and most satisfying to learn systems in the franchise, 6 is pretty easy introduces the Esper system and has more Job unique abilities, although 5 is deeper in terms of mechanics with jobs, 7 is pretty easy and introduces the Materia system, 8 has a bit of a learning curve due to the junction system, 9 is a throwback to 1-5 so its kind of weird to play it first, 10 is pretty good and has a fun system, 10-2 has the job system again with the fastest paced combat system and a goofy story, 11 is an MMO whoops, 12 is more a Western type of RPG tons of sidequests etc its very akin to Xenoblade actually in how it plays, 13 is hit & miss with people but has a fairly deep system for those who stick with it past the beginning, 14 is another MMO.

Tl;dr - All the games are quite different haha.

Also if you attempt to play the SNES version of 4 (eh version) or 6 (The definitive version) be aware they are named 2 and 3 here in the states in their original format because we only got ff1, 4 and 6 at first.

I'm kinda limited, due to no raw emulation + PSN support for PSP going down. I have an OG PS3 (got it from a yard sale), but the controller is crappy and it's a good $50 to get a gauranteed not-bootleg controller. Plus, I can rarely gain access to a TV.

6 was the one I originally wanted to get into, but the GBA port is going for way too much. 1-3 are pretty much archaic, so I've ruled them out. IVDS is what I've had my eye on, but I've heard things about it's brutal difficulty that make me question things.

Really, the series just feels too complicated to get into; compared to FE, where options are limited and their's clear "jumping on points", FF feels overwhelming.

I've seen a couple people say "VIII may be good for those who like Monster Hunter and stuff". Is there some sort of quest-based side system or something, or is it just plain grindy?

Related: is IV:DS' difficulty as brutal as people make it out to be, or just a learning curve deal?

And I know about the localization SNAFU's with the first few releases in the states.

Edited by The DanMan

I'm kinda limited, due to no raw emulation + PSN support for PSP going down. I have an OG PS3 (got it from a yard sale), but the controller is crappy and it's a good $50 to get a gauranteed not-bootleg controller. Plus, I can rarely gain access to a TV.

6 was the one I originally wanted to get into, but the GBA port is going for way too much. 1-3 are pretty much archaic, so I've ruled them out. IVDS is what I've had my eye on, but I've heard things about it's brutal difficulty that make me question things.

Really, the series just feels too complicated to get into; compared to FE, where options are limited and their's clear "jumping on points", FF feels overwhelming.

I've seen a couple people say "VIII may be good for those who like Monster Hunter and stuff". Is there some sort of quest-based side system or something, or is it just plain grindy?

Related: is IV:DS' difficulty as brutal as people make it out to be, or just a learning curve deal?

And I know about the localization SNAFU's with the first few releases in the states.

3 DS is less archic and FF1 is honestly really good still, just play the updated versions of it, 2 is kinda funky so I don't blame you for not wanting to try that one.

4 DS is kind of more for veterans of FF4, because we all found the game way too easy generally, and there are alot of new things added to it, I'd honestly suggest the PSP version first. Yeah there is a bit of a learning curve to FF4DS, but generally you'd probably be pretty safe off with 4, 6 and 7 as I said, tons of people including myself started with 7 and 4.

7, 8 and 9 are all available on steam nowadays too, as are 10 and 10-2, 10 isn't a bad starting point either honestly. These games usually explain their unique systems in pretty good detail.

Edited by Jedi

If it helps, every Final Fantasy has a completely different gameplay.

Not a single game plays similar to another. So one could say there's real starting point in the series.

That being said, 4 had the most simple gameplay, which is why many recommend it as a starting point.

If it helps, every Final Fantasy has a completely different gameplay.

Not a single game plays similar to another. So one could say there's real starting point in the series.

That being said, 4 had the most simple gameplay, which is why many recommend it as a starting point.

Yeah this is also true, and much of why the fanbase is so torn, because all the games are so vastly different from one another.

Yeah this is also true, and much of why the fanbase is so torn, because all the games are so vastly different from one another.

It's both a good and a bad thing to be honest.

Good because every game feels fresh and new, bad because as Jedi says, it torns up the fandom.

Back on topic, what character and stage do you think will be revealed next?

Considering Garland, Kefka and Kain were revealed, they seem to be going for popular characters, so it wouldn't suprise if Sephiroth is the next revealed fighter.

As for stages, my guesses are Dalmascan Easternsand, the Feymarch and Balamb Garden.

Yeah don't start with FF5 since your opinion of the rest will be naturally lowered by comparison of the best FF ever made.

Jokes aside, any FF other than 2, 3 or 5 are good starting points since 3 and 5 are sort of complex in comparison and require some general FF knowledge in order to get through properly. Although, my sister started FF with 5 and completed it, so really you can probably start with any FF and be fine probably.

If you want help deciding which FF to try first

1 is a good introduction to the series' job system

2 has an Oblivion-esque levelup system and open world for those who like that, though there aren't that many sidequests

3 is like 1 but more open in terms of experimentation and is infamous for being extremely vague

4 has the least amount of customization, which is good for those who want a more simple experience

5 has a lot of customization and is a great game for those who like to min-max and combine job abilities

6 is very story driven and isn't that difficult for those who want a game heavy in story and characters

7 is also story driven but also has a lot of customization in terms of the materia system

8 is... grindy but a good one for people who like very complicated stories and characters

9 is a throwback to older FFs but is great in its own right. Really good for those who want to see all the best parts of the older games

10 is sidequest heavy and there's a lot to do for those 100%ers out there

12 has the most open world of any FF and has a somewhat real time but still turn based system

13... I don't really have a solid opinion on

Gilgamesh and the Big Bridge a man can dream, right?

Considering Garland, Kefka and Kain were revealed, they seem to be going for popular characters, so it wouldn't suprise if Sephiroth is the next revealed fighter.

As for stages, my guesses are Dalmascan Easternsand, the Feymarch and Balamb Garden.

I'm guessing the rest of the old Duodecim cast is going to slowly trickle back in, with the occasional actual new character, so far we have a grand total of 2 newcomers to this Dissidia, but all the returning characters so far play pretty much entirely different.

I'm gonna guess the Moon will be 4's stage again.

Yeah don't start with FF5 since your opinion of the rest will be naturally lowered by comparison of the best FF ever made.

Jokes aside, any FF other than 2, 3 or 5 are good starting points since 3 and 5 are sort of complex in comparison and require some general FF knowledge in order to get through properly. Although, my sister started FF with 5 and completed it, so really you can probably start with any FF and be fine probably.

Let's be honest, FF5 is probably the most fun Final Fantasy.

And it's honestly hilarious at times. Actually, it was hilarious a lot of times.

I'm guessing the rest of the old Duodecim cast is going to slowly trickle back in, with the occasional actual new character, so far we have a grand total of 2 newcomers to this Dissidia, but all the returning characters so far play pretty much entirely different.

Speaking of new characters, Minwu has good chance of appearing.

But I wonder how a White Mage character would play.

And it's ironic and great that out of all White Mages if the series, they probably will pick the only male one. I love it.

Then again, Hope could be considered a White Mage.

Edited by Water Mage