Dissidia NT: Vayne Carudas Solidor confirmed

Jedi

It could take quite some time yeah, and we still don't even know when they plan to put it on console either :< which is making me worried about a potential release in the West eventually.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

It could take quite some time yeah, and we still don't even know when they plan to put it on console either :< which is making me worried about a potential release in the West eventually.

They'll most likely bring it here when the game's success will begin to decrease in Japan, which doesn't seem to happen anytime soon tough.

The character everyone was surprised it took so them so long to retool/readd has arrived.

Sephiroth looks quite interesting in that he seems to counter but, at the same time, compliment well with Cloud.

They are still both Heavy Type, so It's not like that It's a good idea to have both of them in the same team.

Anyway, now that Sephiroth is confirmed, who do you think will be the next character to be announced?

They'll most likely bring it here when the game's success will begin to decrease in Japan, which doesn't seem to happen anytime soon tough.

Sephiroth looks quite interesting in that he seems to counter but, at the same time, compliment well with Cloud.

They are still both Heavy Type, so It's not like that It's a good idea to have both of them in the same team.

Anyway, now that Sephiroth is confirmed, who do you think will be the next character to be announced?

Well theres currently a very popular 3D DBZ fighter thats also been in the Arcades for like 5 years exclusively, so Its making me worried about this one too

Yeah Sephiroth looks like he's not quite as aggro as he was in Dissidia 1 or 012.

I'm honestly not sure, if its a new dude, it might correlate with FF15's release, if its a returning person (They have basically confirmed everyone from 012 is returning its just a matter of when and how they get revamped) I might expect to see someone like Kuja or Ultimecia next.

My money's on The Emperor returning. I can see him as a direct opposite of Sephiroth - ranged, squishy, and thoroughly irritating. IIRC, the last two villains revealed were heavy (Garland and Sephiroth). 'sides, who doesn't like David Bowie?

Well theres currently a very popular 3D DBZ fighter thats also been in the Arcades for like 5 years exclusively, so Its making me worried about this one too

Yeah Sephiroth looks like he's not quite as aggro as he was in Dissidia 1 or 012.

I'm honestly not sure, if its a new dude, it might correlate with FF15's release, if its a returning person (They have basically confirmed everyone from 012 is returning its just a matter of when and how they get revamped) I might expect to see someone like Kuja or Ultimecia next.

I don't think It will be related to FFXV as the developers said that they want to wait several months before thinking about adding a character from that game( which we all know that It will be Noctis)

Personally, I think It will probably be Yuna or another character female: she is very popular between the fans, her game(FFX) has Nomura's blessing and the community has been... rather harsh about the fact that all of the "new entries" are males - something that I've heard has been touched in the most recent live, so she has a good chance to be the next one, in my opinion.

So is there any information regarding a release on consoles, let alone a release to the West? Would love to have this game in the US, so I am hoping they dont pull the typical mistake of never releasing it here. They have a relatively large market in the US, they would make money off of it.

They may be waiting for the release of FF15 though now that I think of it. See how well it does in its release here, and judge how many would be interested in buying Dissidia off of that. I personally think that if they were smart, they would of released a really small demo on all copies of FF15. Just to generate interest.

Edited by Tolvir

I don't think It will be related to FFXV as the developers said that they want to wait several months before thinking about adding a character from that game( which we all know that It will be Noctis)

Personally, I think It will probably be Yuna or another character female: she is very popular between the fans, her game(FFX) has Nomura's blessing and the community has been... rather harsh about the fact that all of the "new entries" are males - something that I've heard has been touched in the most recent live, so she has a good chance to be the next one, in my opinion.

I don't expect a new character for several months anyways, and the FF community has been a joke for the longest time, I wouldn't put it past them to ignore most of the loud obnoxious ones, Yuna is a pretty good choice, but she's basically pre-confirmed anyways because as I said earlier everyone from 012 is coming back pretty much for sure.

So is there any information regarding a release on consoles, let alone a release to the West? Would love to have this game in the US, so I am hoping they dont pull the typical mistake of never releasing it here. They have a relatively large market in the US, they would make money off of it.

They may be waiting for the release of FF15 though now that I think of it. See how well it does in its release here, and judge how many would be interested in buying Dissidia off of that. I personally think that if they were smart, they would of released a really small demo on all copies of FF15. Just to generate interest.

There is no info on even Japan getting a console release, the closest thing to it we have was when it first launched and they showed what it would look like on the PS4 alongside it.

If their plan is to only keep it in the arcades, then not porting it to the West is a good idea because Arcades died out here long ago, but yeah if there is a console version eventually then it'd be huge.

Edited by Jedi

I don't expect a new character for several months anyways, and the FF community has been a joke for the longest time, I wouldn't put it past them to ignore most of the loud obnoxious ones, Yuna is a pretty good choice, but she's basically pre-confirmed anyways because as I said earlier everyone from 012 is coming back pretty much for sure.

May I ask why you think that a new character will come after only several months? I mean, they have been releasing a new character after every two months, so I don't see why they would stop to continue to do so.

• 2 weeks later...

My money's on The Emperor returning. I can see him as a direct opposite of Sephiroth - ranged, squishy, and thoroughly irritating. IIRC, the last two villains revealed were heavy (Garland and Sephiroth). 'sides, who doesn't like David Bowie?

While Sephiroth's Scintillate doesn't quite have the power of Bartz's Knight HP Attack (that thing can BLOCK HP ATTACKS when mastered), I'd imagine Sephiroth to be quite the nuisance to be fighting against, especially when he's got such range on his side.

... that aside, what do you think the Emp's mechanics will be, this time around? Trapping opponents wasn't a very good mechanic in the last two games, that's for sure.

... that aside, what do you think the Emp's mechanics will be, this time around? Trapping opponents wasn't a very good mechanic in the last two games, that's for sure.

Looking absolutely fabulous. :P:

But on a more serious note, if Kefka can have his mind games, I don't see why His Highness can't, either. He'll definitely be long-ranged, and I can see him doing things like throwing projectiles with variable explosion times.

• 1 month later...

i haven't paid attention to this game since sephiroth, but what happened to alexandria

at this rate, i expect laguna or yuna next. it's not time for another newcomer yet, and we just had two villains. the pattern so far is new character, old villain, old villain, old hero

Edited by Freyjadour

Good to see Kuja back~ A little disappointed that it's not a new character, but he was my fave villain to play as :D

I'm sure we'll get another newcomer soon enough, although my money is on it being Noctis next considering 15 is out now etc.

OH HELL YES! He looks like he retains his keep-away games and his mobility, the two things I loved about him! His hair, on the other hand. . .WTF.

I didn't notice his hair being weird, obviously you see something I'm not paying attention to lol.

I'm sure we'll get another newcomer soon enough, although my money is on it being Noctis next considering 15 is out now etc.

Noctis is a natural fit, they could so some really cool weapon switching for him. Although, and I know I'm the only one, I'd much prefer to see Prompto since I love the idea of a gunner in Dissidia :)

Noctis is a natural fit, they could so some really cool weapon switching for him. Although, and I know I'm the only one, I'd much prefer to see Prompto since I love the idea of a gunner in Dissidia :)

Well you'll have Laguna for sure, when he is fully revamped and comes in. For a gunner at least.

Kuja seems like a more aggressive and in your face mage than the ff6 duo, which is something I can always appreciate. He's not Gabranth or Gilgamesh, though, so I still have to hold out for a bit. I hope one character takes Vaan's old gimmick. That was my favorite part about his 012 self.

About Noctis...

Dissidia Final Fantasy’s new characters will continue seeing more from the villain side, but we also plan on the appearance of a rather unexpected character.

So they are going to add Villains for now, which means no Noctis for a while.

And I really doubt he is going to be the "unexpected character" since he would be anything except "unexpected" imho

Sorry, but...doesn't Laguna fill the "Gunner" type already?

Dissidia Final Fantasy’s new characters will continue seeing more from the villain side, but we also plan on the appearance of a rather unexpected character.

I wonder who this could be... Minwu could fit, but since Nomura has hinted at wanting to add him, he's essentially expected (though since FF characters from the first 3 games are mostly obscure, it could be him). The only other character I can think of is Benjamin from Mystic Quest. I'd be down for both being in, though.

If they still had EX Bursts like the first two Dissidia games, Minwu's EX Burst would totally be cast-cancelling Ultima to power it up, heh.

So they are going to add Villains for now, which means no Noctis for a while.

And I really doubt he is going to be the "unexpected character" since he would be anything except "unexpected" imho

An unexpected character? Now that is actually interesting. Maybe a Tactics character? Like I know we just got Ramza, but there are a few other Ivalice games that aren't represented. Or something from Crystal Chronicles, since that spinoff hasn't been represented. Or hell, it could be Sora since KH is big and all. I'd be a little annoyed if it were him, but whatever.

Sorry, but...doesn't Laguna fill the "Gunner" type already?

Sure, but I'm greedy and want another one lol. Also I hate VIII and want one from a game I actually like lmao.

Edited by MissShake