Dissidia NT: Vayne Carudas Solidor confirmed

Jedi

About Noctis...

So they are going to add Villains for now, which means no Noctis for a while.

And I really doubt he is going to be the "unexpected character" since he would be anything except "unexpected" imho

Hmmm, Minwu maybe or some other fan favorite.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm unironically hoping for Benjamin from Mystic Quest as the "unexpected character". Not that I like the game at all, but his tool kit would be a neat basis for a moveset, especially with his grappling hook claw.

I'm guessing the "unexpected character" is going to be an unpopular newcomer of some kind, though I'm doubting it being from a spinoff since we recently got one from Type 0.

I'm unironically hoping for Benjamin from Mystic Quest as the "unexpected character". Not that I like the game at all, but his tool kit would be a neat basis for a moveset, especially with his grappling hook claw.

I'm guessing the "unexpected character" is going to be an unpopular newcomer of some kind, though I'm doubting it being from a spinoff since we recently got one from Type 0.

Benjamin would be unexpected, as would the protagonists of World of Final Fantasy I think.

Benjamin would be unexpected, as would the protagonists of World of Final Fantasy I think.

I'm thinking the siblings of World of Final Fantasy are more likely than Benjamin, since it's newer. But I'm not sure how a moveset for one of them would work, since I never played WoFF. It'd just be calling monsters to attack for them, right? (Ugh that sounds like a possible nightmare, give me Benjamin instead.)

i'm reminded of the Dissidia stream where Ace got revealed with the one dude hyping Benjamin

i don't know why he was hyped up, but stuff happened.

As for unexpected character, well i could throw a name around but it is unexpected for a reason

i'm gonna have to agree with the siblings from World of Final Fantasy with a moveset revolving around shifting between their smaller forms and their normal/jiant forms, Lann attacking with his fists, Reynn using her knife with both using some form of magic.

And if i'm to throw a name in the pile, maybe Locke?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I hope that this does not count as necro-posting, but It seems that the devs will be doing a new livestream regarding the game on 7th march, where they'll do a Q&A session and, most importantly, present a new character.

Source: http://www.novacrystallis.com/2017/02/next-dissidia-final-fantasy-arcade-character-reveal-set-march-7/

7 minutes ago, The Malign Knight said:

I hope that this does not count as necro-posting, but It seems that the devs will be doing a new livestream regarding the game on 7th march, where they'll do a Q&A session and, most importantly, present a new character.

Source: http://www.novacrystallis.com/2017/02/next-dissidia-final-fantasy-arcade-character-reveal-set-march-7/

Thank you so much Malign! I will be keeping tabs on this for sure.

Neato the Emperor is back, although we do know he and the rest of the old veterans are coming back, so its a little more dull than expected for a new reveal.

Time to SUFFA and RUNUMUK!!!

On a serious note though, I'm quite psyched to see The Emperor return. He was the villain I was the 5th most skilled with in the original Dissidia. I remember everyone always saying to play him, you should "space yourself from the opponent and lay traps strategically," but sometimes I'd just throw that out the window and shoot Flares and Mines at point blank range. Switching between long range and melee range attack launching with The Emperor was a surprisingly effective tactic. Plus, you gotta love his voice and lines when attacking.

Also, as someone who used The Emperor extensively (and mastered every ability including purchasable ones and got 10 accessory slots for him), I noticed for the new Dissidia they've changed some of his moves so that they spawn where the opponent is, compared to spawning very close to The Emperor. Hopefully, it won't be too weird getting accustomed to that change. I know they likely implemented that change to make The Emperor easier to use, but sometimes even improvements can take a while to get used to.

1 hour ago, Randoman said:

Time to SUFFA and RUNUMUK!!!

On a serious note though, I'm quite psyched to see The Emperor return. He was the villain I was the 5th most skilled with in the original Dissidia. I remember everyone always saying to play him, you should "space yourself from the opponent and lay traps strategically," but sometimes I'd just throw that out the window and shoot Flares and Mines at point blank range. Switching between long range and melee range attack launching with The Emperor was a surprisingly effective tactic. Plus, you gotta love his voice and lines when attacking.

Also, as someone who used The Emperor extensively (and mastered every ability including purchasable ones and got 10 accessory slots for him), I noticed for the new Dissidia they've changed some of his moves so that they spawn where the opponent is, compared to spawning very close to The Emperor. Hopefully, it won't be too weird getting accustomed to that change. I know they likely implemented that change to make The Emperor easier to use, but sometimes even improvements can take a while to get used to.

Well considering almost everyone else is quite different too, I don't think it'll be too jarring compared to the rest.

• 1 month later...

He is not really a new character, so I apologize if you think that this post is kind of unnecessary, but Bahamut has finally been announced(as a summon, of course):

He seems to be about boosting Ex-skills, which is kind of cool I guess, but I belive that Ramuh will still be the way to go, considering that the nerf he got(slower attack) isn't really a big one, to say the least.

It's going to be amazing.

Anyway, David Bowie's resurrection fits him nicely.  The Emperor may be a jerk lore-wise, but damn he has a good voice!

Bahamut looks about as crazy as I'd expect.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2017 at 10:54 AM, Jedi said:

I'm thinking that either Exdeath(FFV is super popular in Japan) or Gabranth(The zodiac age is about to be released, after all) and their games both have a stage as well(and all of the villains shown so far were all presented in stages from their own games). Then again, they could also release a FFXIV villain due to Stormblood coming pretty soon and leave gabranth for July.

Oh, there is also popularity usage(basically a list of the character from the most used to the least used):

1. Cloud Strife
2. Vaan
3. Tidus
4. Sephiroth
5. Bartz Klauser
6. Lightning
7. Kain Highwind
8. Squall Leonhart 
9. The Emperor
10. Kuja
11. Terra Branford
12. Garland
13. Y'shtola
14. Ramza Beoulve
15. Firion
16. Cecil Harvey
17. Warrior of Light
18. Onion Knight
19. Ace
20. Zidane Tribal
21. Kefka Palazzo
22. Shantotto

EDIT: The new character is Exdeath! @Jedi@eclipse@Randoman(I'm sorry, if tagging you is annoying for you, but otherwise you would have hardly noticed this "important"(well, kind of) edit of mine

Here's how his new moveset works:

Spoiler

Exdeath can change into 3 differents modes:

Power mode - his attacks becomes overall stronger, making them comparable to that of an Heavy Type, Debuff mode - his attacks can decrease the attack, defense and movement speed of his opponent when they hit but his own attack power is decreased, Seal mode - when the attack hit, prevents the enemy from using a generic EX skill and increase his own EX gauge

Spoiler

Edited by The Malign Knight

Interesting variations to Exdeath, he was already a fighter with alot of depth in OG and 012. This will just add to it.

That's way too much thinking for me!  Then again, I wasn't a fan of Exdeath in the other two games.  Still, thanks for the update~!

• 4 weeks later...