Jump to content
Jedi

Dissidia NT: Vayne Carudas Solidor confirmed

Recommended Posts

Woo! Golbez! Well, that crosses off my 2nd last "video game character I want to make the jump to HD" (Max from Bomberman is the last one, in case you're wondering).

Back to Golbez being in Dissidia, he was actually my 2nd best character in the first Dissidia (I barely got to play the 2nd Dissidia, and only got 4 matches or so). I really liked how easy it was to land HP attacks with him (well, I felt landing HP damage with him was easy compared to other characters), his strong ground game, and of course, his awesome looks and interesting personality in both Final Fantasy IV and Dissidia.

As for his new playstyle, well, it definitely looks like he'll be harder to use than his two previous incarnations. But with my playstyle in games in general revolving around taking as little damage/hits as possible (even if the reward is really big and practically guaranteed), keeping the Shadow Dragon safe and active should be easy enough for me to get accustomed to.

@Jedi or Anyone who's been keeping up with Dissidia Final Fantasy NT: Has there been any news on how the multiplayer for the PS4 will work? Eg: Will split screen co-op/vs battles be an option, or will every player have to have their own PS4 and copy of Dissidia Final Fantasy NT? I'm really hoping it's the former, since even if it's only 2 player locally, that should still make for some awesome Dissidia NT sessions with my cousins, brothers, and I.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We will get some more info while the PS4 release is closing in, right now the most we know is "its a thing". My guess is that it'll be a one player per PS4 thing. On the brighter side, Trueblade Seeker just uploaded Golbez's moveset. His vids are worth a watch for those curious about the game since he's the most informative Youtuber I've found about this game. Jaghancement is also a good channel for those who want to see replays and get sort of an idea of each character's gameplan.

 

Personally, I may or may not play Golbez. I like his character and kinda liked dabbling with him a bit in Dissidia. My dedicated Marksman right now is the Emperor, but I'll have to sink my teeth into this game when it comes out in the US to get a good idea of who I really want to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

So we got more info on Noctis. For those who don't want to watch some analysis, his main gimmicks are Arminger and Warp. Arminger triggers when he loses a certain amount of HP. IT pretty much adds bravery damage to all of his bravery moves. The difference will likely be pretty major, so people playing against Noctis will probably want to save up enough bravery to one shot him. As an Assassin, however, Noctis is more than capable enough to shred his opponents' bravery so that they will have to chip away at his HP, which is what he wants. His other gimmick is his EX skill, Warp. Noctis can throw his weapon forwards, above, below, to the right or to the left of him and teleport to it. He can chain this three times, which will make him very unpredictable to play against once it's up and covers for the lack of upwards mobility in his moveset. No cooldown or damage information is available for the move.

Edited by Batter the Beast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since it hasn't been posted yet, here's the Dissidia NT Intro Cinematic:

Though I enjoy the video quite a lot and find it epic, it goes a bit too fast for my tastes since I can't catch much of what's going on when the video's at normal speed. Even playing the video at 0.25x speed, I can't catch what happens at 1:08-1:09 (from what I can make out, Cecil attacks Kuja who teleports to safety, giving Tidus and Vaan enough breathing room to deal with Kefka).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2017 at 8:30 PM, Randoman said:

Since it hasn't been posted yet, here's the Dissidia NT Intro Cinematic:

Though I enjoy the video quite a lot and find it epic, it goes a bit too fast for my tastes since I can't catch much of what's going on when the video's at normal speed. Even playing the video at 0.25x speed, I can't catch what happens at 1:08-1:09 (from what I can make out, Cecil attacks Kuja who teleports to safety, giving Tidus and Vaan enough breathing room to deal with Kefka).

Yep, theres also a first cutscene as well 

Where in Noctis is utterly confused. 

Also another gameplay analysis video. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know for certain if there's local multiplayer? That's the only information I need to decide if I wanna get this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Does anyone know for certain if there's local multiplayer? That's the only information I need to decide if I wanna get this game.

https://imgur.com/a/c3mvE

Its not looking like it, it'd be hard to get all the details you need on a split screen, considering theres a lot to pay attention to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is an open beta going on right now in North America and Europe from now to January 21st

I don't quite have it downloaded yet, but I do believe the roster is on rotation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

There is an open beta going on right now in North America and Europe from now to January 21st

I don't quite have it downloaded yet, but I do believe the roster is on rotation.

Noted. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the Final Fantasy wiki, I noticed this interesting piece of information that hasn't been mentioned here yet:

Quote

The Season Pass revealed that there will be at least six more characters available as downloadable content after the console release. Although it is currently unknown who the six characters will be, information about them was revealed in the last broadcast before the Japanese release:

  • Three new male characters from recent Final Fantasy games;
  • One new male character from an early Final Fantasy game;
  • One new female character from a recent Final Fantasy game; and
  • One returning female character from a recent Final Fantasy game.

I also recall hearing that Final Fantasy XII and XIII will be getting characters in the first DLC batch (they also said something about them being antagonists, though I can't recall if they mentioned that for Final Fantasy XII or XIII). I really wish I could remember the source for that info, though. Anyways, anyone have any guesses as to who the 6 characters are?

For the new male character from an early Final Fantasy game, Minwu from Final Fantasy II would be my first guess, with Benjamin from Final Fantasy Mystic Quest being my 2nd guess. Nomura already mentioned wanting to put Minwu in the game, while for Benjamin, he is technically from an early Final Fantasy game, and with spinoff Final Fantasy games like Tactics and Type-0 getting representation, Mystic Quest is likely to follow suit. Plus, they did represent Benjamin and Final Fantasy Mystic Quest in the Theatrhythm Final Fantasy games rather recently.

As for the new female character from a recent Final Fantasy game, I feel like Serah from the Final Fantasy XIII games is likely that character. I mean, she is the lead of Final Fantasy XIII-2, and I can't really think of a more prevalent, recent character in the Final Fantasy series. Then again, with the "Final Fantasy XII getting a new character" news I heard a while back (and Square Enix potentially considering Final Fantasy XII to be recent), maybe it's Ashe or Fran?

For the returning female character from a recent Final Fantasy game, I really can't think of anyone for that except for Yuna and maybe Tifa? I suppose the PS4 remake of Final Fantasy X counts as a recent Final Fantasy game, so that makes Yuna fit the bill. As for Tifa, maybe they're counting the Final Fantasy VII Remake as a recent Final Fantasy game, even though it's not released yet.

As for the three new male characters from recent Final Fantasy games, I'm not really sure who those could be (especially with me not being particularly familiar with Final Fantasies XI and onward). I feel like one of them is Galenth Dysley from Final Fantasy XIII, based on the "antagonist(s) being added" news. Final Fantasy Dimensions likely counts as a recent Final Fantasy game, so with Sol being male and the lead character of that game and Square Enix representing Final Fantasy games outside of the main series in Dissidia NT, he might be likely. As for the last one, I'd probably be able to make good guesses if I knew how far back in the Final Fantasy series "recent" entails (that and my unfamiliarity with Final Fantasy games past X makes me practically clueless).

Edited by Randoman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Vivi should find a way to get into Dissidia. Just about everyone loves Vivi and his design is based on one of the most iconic Final Fantasy classes. 

Vivi has a long history of making it into crossovers if I'm not mistaken so there's clearly either demand for his presence or strong favoritism towards him from the developers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I think Vivi should find a way to get into Dissidia. Just about everyone loves Vivi and his design is based on one of the most iconic Final Fantasy classes. 

Vivi has a long history of making it into crossovers if I'm not mistaken so there's clearly either demand for his presence or strong favoritism towards him from the developers. 

Maybe, but 9 & 6 have gotten the short end of the stick in Dissidia, considering they've only had their protagonist and villain like how 1, 2 and 3 didn't get additional characters in Duodecim (but those are much more understandable).

While every other game has gotten more. I expect the same here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Maybe, but 9 & 6 have gotten the short end of the stick in Dissidia, considering they've only had their protagonist and villain like how 1, 2 and 3 didn't get additional characters in Duodecim (but those are much more understandable).

While every other game has gotten more. I expect the same here.

Those two not having gotten some extra love yet could be a point in favor of them getting more attention with this DLC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Maybe, but 9 & 6 have gotten the short end of the stick in Dissidia, considering they've only had their protagonist and villain like how 1, 2 and 3 didn't get additional characters in Duodecim (but those are much more understandable).

While every other game has gotten more. I expect the same here.

I haven't played any Dissidia, and probably won't since I don't have a PS4 (maybe I'll grab one at the end of its lifespan for cheap with Berseria and an import of SRT:MD) but I have a general knowledge of who is in and who isn't.

If all we have for FFVI is Terra and Kefka, then plot-wise, the next most important would most be Celes. But if sword-centricism is a problem, which it might be for all I know, but can't be at all to the same degree it was in FEW due to FF not being strategic and lacking a weapon triangle, Celes would be blah. I guess she could load up on Ice the element she naturally learns and maybe do something with Runic? If not Celes, then Locke due to his early plot importance would be my next guess, and as a thief type, he'd be different. But isn't Zidane thiefish (I still haven't gotten to IX)?

If we forgo plot importance, well I think I'd like Edgar, since his Tools option might have some pizazz? Setzer wouldn't be bad either, but didn't KH or something really mutilate him? I don't think there are any bareknuckle fighters outside of Tifa, so Sabin would be neat as well (although I do like Zell).

 

I wouldn't mind a non-FF DLC trio. Magus, Tiz or Edea, and someone else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Those two not having gotten some extra love yet could be a point in favor of them getting more attention with this DLC. 

It could be yeah. 

46 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I haven't played any Dissidia, and probably won't since I don't have a PS4 (maybe I'll grab one at the end of its lifespan for cheap with Berseria and an import of SRT:MD) but I have a general knowledge of who is in and who isn't.

If all we have for FFVI is Terra and Kefka, then plot-wise, the next most important would most be Celes. But if sword-centricism is a problem, which it might be for all I know, but can't be at all to the same degree it was in FEW due to FF not being strategic and lacking a weapon triangle, Celes would be blah. I guess she could load up on Ice the element she naturally learns and maybe do something with Runic? If not Celes, then Locke due to his early plot importance would be my next guess, and as a thief type, he'd be different. But isn't Zidane thiefish (I still haven't gotten to IX)?

If we forgo plot importance, well I think I'd like Edgar, since his Tools option might have some pizazz? Setzer wouldn't be bad either, but didn't KH or something really mutilate him? I don't think there are any bareknuckle fighters outside of Tifa, so Sabin would be neat as well (although I do like Zell).

 

I wouldn't mind a non-FF DLC trio. Magus, Tiz or Edea, and someone else?

Swordies aren't even remotely a problem considering everyone in Dissidia plays 100% different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the game is out now. I never got the chance to play the previous two dissidia games so I entered this game as a newcomer and I mostly thing my purchase was a good descision, but there is one big problem that is currently really starting to drag this game down.

The good
The fighting itself feels pretty nice when you get the hang of it. I thought the bravery/hp system sounded weird in theory, but when playing the game I think it works pretty well. Almost no character feels alike either with various characters of the same class having vastly different playstyles. Something like the emperor's trap game for example feels very different when compared to Kefka's weird confussion/charged based fighting style.

The story itself isn't the best to put it mildly, but there where some things the story mode did very well. What little character interactions there where tended to be pretty good and the fighting scenes where also top notch.

The bad
The story isn't very good sadly. Not only is the very story short, but it also feels very unfinished and rushed. The vast majority of the summon battles for example just come out of nowhere. No cutscene to establish them and no acknowledgement that they are defeated either. Villains only appear briefly in the story routes and some characters like Golbez don't even get a single line. I know the story wasn't the main focus of the game, but its still a shame it ended up like this.

But my main problem with the game so far is the online part of the game. I never experience lag when playing, but getting to play itself seems to be a chalenge and I have no idea why. When the game is searching for people there is a big chance my entire internet connection just goes down entirely forcing me to restart my internet connection again. I've never encountered a problem like this when playing overwatch or any other online game so i'm left wondering what is going wrong all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/03/07/dissidia-final-fantasy-nt-reveal-new-male-character-march-13/

A new male character will be revealed in March 13 and will be from the newer half of games. 

But from which game does the newer half starts? Is it 7 or 8? 

I'm guessing newer half starts with 7 or 10 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I'm guessing newer half starts with 7 or 10 

Considering we currently 15 games, it’s kinda hard to see what they mean “half”.

Also, I’ve heard rumors that the japanese described him as a “bad guy”, so it could be a villain like Ardyn and villains from XI or XIV.

Then again, japanese is kinda of a weird language to translate, so when they said “bad guy”, it could be something like a scoundrel or a trickster. A character from the latter half that fits that description would be Balthier, which would make sense as he was considered for the original Dissidia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...